The Dev School is closed

This school is now closed. Although The Dev School is no longer accepting students or running its program, you can still see historical information and The Dev School alumni reviews on the school page.

the-dev-school-logo

The Dev School

Average Rating4.2
5 Reviews
1 Course

The Dev School (formerly Nairobi Dev School) is a 12-week program in Nairobi, Kenya offering courses in Full Stack Development, Front End Development, Back End Development and Mobile App Development. The school also offers a Cultural Immersion program for non-Africans to learn to code in the African context. The Dev School was founded in 2013 by Njeri Martha Chumo with the mission to give every person in Africa the opportunity to learn to code.  The Dev School is  ...

5 The Dev School Reviews

• Apr 10, 2016

Refused Refund

I signed up for the course and even paid over KES15,000 (or USD150+) via MPESA.

But the site is down, no one answers my phone calls and I can't get any refund. These guys might be scammers or something because they took my money, didn't provide anything and now they are all gone (the website isn't even working).

15,000 was a huge amount of money for me, I had to borrow from several family members and now they think I'm a liar! Everyone be careful dealing with anything l...

• Jan 04, 2016

A Full Stack Developer

The Dev School has really changed my career life! I never knew how to code prior to my admission but can now take pride in the many real-world prolems i can solve using the coding skills imparted to me by the very dedicated Dev School instructors and the whole fraternity! I will never be the same again:)

• Nov 10, 2015

A Refined Web developer

Getiing to train and learn from the Dev school was an experience like none especially as it forged the way into my current career and moreso being the genesis of my interest into programming and intro into software engineering as a discipline.

The three months it was but the impact for certain will last  generations.

• Nov 09, 2015

WEB DEVELOPMENT BOOTCAMP

The dev school is one of the places that one must visit.If you have a passion for tech and not sure where to start on,give the school a buzz,someone would defintley get in touch with you.

Having enrolled into the first pilot phase of the first ever bootcamp held in nairobi,i got to acquire alot of skills.Being in an environment where not only technical skills were shared onto us,but as well as enterprenurial skills which moulded I as an individual to better my investment opportun...

• Nov 04, 2015

Web Development Bootcamp Review

The devschool was and still is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I enrolled for and attended the second batch web development bootcamp. It had specialist trainers specifically for the languages and web technologies that were being offered. They also offered extra supportive training such as entrepreneurship to complement web development skills that they were imparting. This extra skill moulding has become quite usefull in how I do business with clients and potential clients.

...