The Dev School
The Dev School (formerly Nairobi Dev School) is a 12-week program in Nairobi, Kenya offering courses in Full Stack Development, Front End Development, Back End Development and Mobile App Development. The school also offers a Cultural Immersion program for non-Africans to learn to code in the African context. The Dev School was founded in 2013 by Njeri Martha Chumo with the mission to give every person in Africa the opportunity to learn to code. The Dev School is Kenya’s first coding school and one of Africa’s first coding schools.
Classes are held at the state of the art iLabAfrica center located on Strathmore University campus. Students are eligible to receive financing from The Dev School or from their lending partners to cover the costs of tuition. Upon successfully completing the program, every student is either placed in a paying role as a developer with one of their Hiring Partners or directly with The Dev Shop to cover no less than the cost of the tuition financed.
The Dev School also operates The Dev Shop, their in house web and mobile development agency creating applications based on lean and agile methodologies. The shop hires developers trained in The Dev School's programs. Currently the school is operating in Nairobi Kenya with plans to expand to three more locations in Kenya, Kigali, Rwanda, and Kampala, Uganda in Q1 of 2016.
Recent The Dev School Reviews: Rating 4.2
Recent The Dev School News
The Dev School Reviews
5 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Refused Refund- 4/10/2016Alan • Student • Campus: Nairobi
I signed up for the course and even paid over KES15,000 (or USD150+) via MPESA.
But the site is down, no one answers my phone calls and I can't get any refund. These guys might be scammers or something because they took my money, didn't provide anything and now they are all gone (the website isn't even working).
15,000 was a huge amount of money for me, I had to borrow from several family members and now they think I'm a liar! Everyone be careful dealing with anything like Nairobi Dev school in Kenya, there is too much fraud and corruption in this country.
- A Full Stack Developer- 1/4/2016Harrison Kamau • Full Stack Developer • Campus: Nairobi
The Dev School has really changed my career life! I never knew how to code prior to my admission but can now take pride in the many real-world prolems i can solve using the coding skills imparted to me by the very dedicated Dev School instructors and the whole fraternity! I will never be the same again:)
- A Refined Web developer- 11/10/2015Anonymous • Student
Getiing to train and learn from the Dev school was an experience like none especially as it forged the way into my current career and moreso being the genesis of my interest into programming and intro into software engineering as a discipline.
The three months it was but the impact for certain will last generations.
- WEB DEVELOPMENT BOOTCAMP- 11/9/2015Andrew M. • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Nairobi
The dev school is one of the places that one must visit.If you have a passion for tech and not sure where to start on,give the school a buzz,someone would defintley get in touch with you.
Having enrolled into the first pilot phase of the first ever bootcamp held in nairobi,i got to acquire alot of skills.Being in an environment where not only technical skills were shared onto us,but as well as enterprenurial skills which moulded I as an individual to better my investment opportunities.The team being professional innovators made sure to utilize us to the fullest to realize our potential.
On job creation,the school defintely links you up with prospective employers and all one has to do is prove yourself which i think is the best mode of job employment through actions and not just only having papers.Currently as a person,i have shifted different job employers as a result of being offered better incremental packages and all this is a result of my technical abiliities.All thanks to the instructors who dedicated their time to interact with us.
- Web Development Bootcamp Review- 11/4/2015Wycliffe Sawo • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Nairobi
The devschool was and still is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I enrolled for and attended the second batch web development bootcamp. It had specialist trainers specifically for the languages and web technologies that were being offered. They also offered extra supportive training such as entrepreneurship to complement web development skills that they were imparting. This extra skill moulding has become quite usefull in how I do business with clients and potential clients.
The Dev School moulded me into a well rounded developer in the shortest possible time (of three months) from having no technical skills at all into a fully employable web develper.
Also the fact that three weeks after I left the school I landed a nice job doesn't hurt.