the-app-academy-nl-logo

The App Academy NL

Amsterdam, Curaçao, London

The App Academy NL

The App Academy was established in 2014 as the first Dutch coding school, and now offers intensive 6-week online or 12-week in-person iOS Development bootcamps in Amsterdam, Netherlands and online. The curriculum covers Swift programming fundamentals, Git, Swift’s UIKit, Apple related coding skills, XCode, and the newest Apple technologies. Bootcamp students will also learn app development principles, model-view controller structure, storyboards, test-driven development, and agile software development. The App Academy teaches students how to manage team software projects and effective communication skills. By the bootcamp’s completion, students will build a native viable product version of their own app idea. All bootcamps will be taught in English.

During the online bootcamp, students will learn from live video classes with industry expert instructors. Students will receive real-time feedback on projects and assignments and will have the opportunity to collaborate and interact with fellow participants.

The remote iOS bootcamp has been tailored to freelancers, students, and entrepreneurs who want to realize an app idea, build up their coding skill-set and learn all aspects of app development. iOS bootcamp applicants are required to have a strong level of computer literacy and a Mac with the latest version of XCode.

Recent The App Academy NL Reviews: Rating 4.57

all (14) reviews for The App Academy NL →

Recent The App Academy NL News

Read all (4) articles about The App Academy NL →
  • Online Android Bootcamp

Mobile, Android, Java
    LocationAmsterdam
    Our immersive and intensive remote Android development bootcamp teaches you all Android related coding skills and how to apply them. You’ll work with the newest technologies and the latest version of the Java programming language. During the bootcamp you will build a native minimum viable product version of your app idea for your portfolio showcase.
    DepositTerms & conditions apply.
    Refund / GuaranteeTerms & conditions apply.
    Minimum Skill LevelA strong level of computer literacy. Coding experience is advised.
  • Online iOS Bootcamp

Git, Cocoa, Xcode, Objective-C, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, Mobile Security, iOS, Swift, Scrum, MVC, Agile, REST
    Start Date August 31, 2020
    LocationAmsterdam
    Our immersive and intensive remote iOS development bootcamp teaches you all Apple related coding skills and how to apply them. You’ll work with Apple’s newest technologies and the latest version of the Swift programming language. During the bootcamp you will build a native minimum viable product version of your app idea for your portfolio showcase. - The bootcamp is a 6-week full-time course - The training is from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm CET. Lunch at 1:00 pm - Everyone who registers for the program will be contacted for a personal interview - You will be taught in English by professional trainers / developers - A strong level of Mac computer literacy is expected - The daily program is very hands-on, you'll carry out assignments and work with other students on app projects - You'll need a Mac computer running the latest version of Xcode - Frequent keynotes of colleagues and guest speakers from the app industry for inspiration
    DepositTerms & conditions apply.

Refund / GuaranteeTerms & conditions apply.
    Minimum Skill LevelA strong level of Mac computer literacy. Coding experience is advised.
    August 31, 2020 - Amsterdam Apply by July 31, 2020
  • Great course!
    - 12/3/2015
    Marco Driessen • iOS developer • Student

Before I started I had no knowledge about programming, besides a few lines of html. 3 months later I am confident enough to say that I am a iOS developer.

We started with an introduction in Swift, Apple's new language. This took about a week and was just to learn us the basics of the syntax. Then we started learning Objective-C with help of a great book and even better teachers. The first weeks I was a bit nervous and I couldn't believe that at some point I was gonna be able to write a solid line of code myself. It was really hard. But when we started our own project, I realised how much I've learned. After the first project, building an app, we started another app for an actual client. At that point I realized I knew so much already.

The teachers at The App Academy are the best. Extremely patient and they know what you are going trough when trying to figure something out. They help you with everything. The curriculum is also great, thanks to the projects, which take over 7 weeks, you learn a lot about working with clients and solving real coding issues (you will have a lot of coding issues). Also youwill learn what you need when you get a job, for instance Git and UX Design.

Besides all that, The App Academy helps you with finding a job, thanks to their great network. Roughly 3 months ago I was a cook who could make "Hello World" appear in html, now I am a iOS developer with two actual working apps.

I have an Honest and different opinion.

One of the worst programs I have ever attended in my life. Very poor material delivery. The teacher we had had no experience in teaching. When things went wrong in learning, they blamed it all on the student and kicked him out of the course. While the problem was in: they had no plans on what to do with students who fell behind. They gave me a book, and inforced me to keep reading by myself for 3 consective weeks. It was obvious from the first week my progress was slow, but they did not address it in the begining, they left the problem to escalate. Then they created more problems with me to make me want to leave.

I do not recommend this Academy to anyone.