lighthouse-logo

Lighthouse

Atlanta

Lighthouse

Lighthouse is a coding bootcamp that offers full-time, 14–16 week, and part-time, 12–26 week courses in software engineering, data science and analytics, digital marketing, and experience design in Atlanta, Georgia. The courses include both front end and back end design in a variety of computer languages, like HTML5 and CSS3, JavaScript, UX Design, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB as well as current data and analytics topics, Google SEO, Adwords, Linkedin API and more, giving students the tools needed for this very dynamic field. Lighthouse was founded on a belief that anyone, with the right tools and skills available to them, has the potential to construct the technology career they desire and to remain relevant in the field.

Lighthouse’s application process begins with the completion of an online contact form, which requires some information about the applicant and their goals. A student advisor will reach out to the applicant to set up a face-to-face meeting to review the application, discuss the programs in detail, and answer any questions that remain for the applicant. If the program seems to fit, then the potential student is provided with the paperwork to complete enrollment. A deposit of $1,500 is required to secure a seat in the class, with a full refund available if the student withdraws before classes begin. Income Share Agreements (ISAs) are available for a limited number of students in any given cohort.

Lighthouse partners with a variety of big-name employers, like Apple, UPS, Coka-Cola, Delta, Amazon, Accenture, Google, Sun Trust, NCR, Honeywell, AT&T, CNN, BlackRock, Microsoft, Chick-fil-A, Deloitte, HDSupply, Cox, and State Farm. These employer partnerships help Lighthouse provide their students with hands-on experience in a real work environment. While there is no job guarantee, Lighthouse staff members work closely with students to fine-tune their resumes and focus on job opportunities, helping to augment the student's skills to match those needed by employers. Continued mentoring is available after graduation to assure the success of their graduates.

Recent Lighthouse Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (5) reviews for Lighthouse →

Recent Lighthouse News

• Software Engineering Immersive

MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, Algorithms, Node.js
      LocationAtlanta
      The 16-week course includes both front end and back end design in a variety of computer languages, like HTML5 and CSS3, JavaScript, UX Design, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
      Tuition PlansAn income share agreement is available to students in the United States.

• Amazing Bootcamp
      - 2/7/2020
      Tyana  User Photo
      Tyana • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      The software engineering immersive bootcamp seriously changed my life for the better, I've been looking to do a career change and trust me this was the best choice yet! The instructors are resourceful and knowledgeable and I couldn't of gotten through the course without them and their help! What I really love the course is that you learn both front end and back end, so everything from css and JavaScript to mongoDB and databases. But it doesn't stop there, you also get a lot of career support to help you land a job afterwards. My vote is 10/10 you won't be sorry that you've picked this bootcamp!
    • Lo  User Photo
      Lo • Ke Verified via GitHub
      Coming from a technical background I had the foundations of software development however I wanted to switch things up and became curious about Data Science so I came across Lighthouse and attending the Data Science Immersive was one of the best things I could have done. I gained so much knowledge, I was challenged and I got to learn from some of the best! It wasn’t easy but it defiantly was worth it!
    • Mannex Pimentel  User Photo
      Mannex Pimentel • Software Engineer Verified via GitHub

I recently completes the Data Science Immersive course with Lighthouse in September, 2019.  My experience there was extremley challenging and also extremley fullfilling.  The program was rigourous and the support provided was just as consistent. My mentor appointed by Lighthouse played a major role in my success in the program and continues to be support when needed.  Overall the bootcamp was an excellent way to rapidily upskill my current position as a Software Engineer.  I had prior experience with Python which did make it a bit easier but the homework assignment still took the entire night and sometimes even more to complete. The TA's also made sure to go over the assignments the following day if the class was still having trouble with topics.  The small class size also made the experience more enjoyable as well. The collaborative, hands on apporach relieved some of the stress during the 14 weeks at Lighthouse.

• Mikaela Paul • Data Scientist • Graduate

I recently graduated from Data Science Immersive program. My time at Lighthouse was very challenging with real-time projects but all the students had guidance from Mentors from time to time which helped us in learn in-depth concepts. Constant support from our mentors pushed us towards graduating from the course as it covered deep data science concepts. Also, some of my classmates were new to Data Science or programming in general but with the help of experts appointed by Lighthouse, they were able to complete the program. Data Science being the top in the job market, it is essential for me to know the root concepts of it. Lighthouse provides a curriculum that not only covers the root concepts, it also gave me an opportunity to reflect on what I learned through real-world data problems as a capstone project.

• Marley • Student

When I was deciding where to learn coding I decided to go for Lighthouse because I was looking for a program that really knew what the industry and market needed. I was worried about my marketability, but Lighthouse's program was really helpful in helping me to build my confidence through their curriculum and their Mentors for Success program.