launchcode-logo

LaunchCode

Kansas City, Miami, St. Louis

LaunchCode

LaunchCode is a nonprofit which offers free full-time, 14-week, and part-time, 20-week immersive coding bootcamps and apprenticeships in multiple locations in the US. The programs cover programming languages and concepts like Python, Java, and web developer tools. In addition, LaunchCode provides various online and in-person resources to prepare students for a job in tech. LaunchCode's programs are free and accessible to motivated individuals who are assessed for passion, drive and aptitude rather than credentials. LaunchCode offers a variety of courses, which blend in-person classroom instruction with online learning. Students will receive mentored support from instructors, teaching fellows, and professional programmers.

Applicants must submit an online application with online coding puzzles, followed by a tech interview with LaunchCode where applicants must demonstrate a project they have built. Once accepted, students will need to complete 10-12 hours of pre-work.

All of LaunchCode's courses integrate job-readiness to prepare graduates to enter LaunchCode’s Apprenticeship Program, which matches entry-level technologists with companies for paid job opportunities. Students will participate in a final project showcase for potential employers.

Recent LaunchCode Reviews: Rating 3.25

all (4) reviews for LaunchCode →

Recent LaunchCode News

Read all (6) articles about LaunchCode →
  • CS50X

JavaScript, .NET, CSS
    In Person
    Miami, Kansas City, St. Louis
    This is a 16-week, live version of Harvard’s Introduction to Computer Science course.
    Interview

• On your own
    - 6/25/2018
    Omar • na • Graduate

This course is just like someone giving you full load of videos and materials, then ask you to watch and read!

Don't expect lots of assistance from the TAs, they are students as well.

In the beginning you will recieve lots of support from the administration, then toward the end of the course, you are on your own!!

It seems as if everyone disappeared! The class size shrinks into half the size of students, then what so called "Job placement assistance" are gone!

First their attitude is like you are the begger and they are giving you money or job! then try reach out to anyone, and good luck if they answer, or solve anything.

I just finished the course and never heared anything from anyone! No job interviews, no updates, or anything. Just like that. They give you a piece of paper that says "you have achieved and completed LC101 course"

If you have time to watch lots of videos and want some general information about coding, then this course is for you.

If you are looking for a job and a career in coding, then don't waiste your time. You tube it and google jobs.

I would tell you more once I find where everyone (Teachers and administrators) went! probably Mars.

• Prince • Graduate

I attended LaunchCode's most recent immersive coding bootcamp and can speak very highly of it. Even after you graduate, they won't place you in a program until you've done a project that demonstrates knowledge of one of the languages you've learned in the camp, as well as new skills you've learned on your own. They highly encourage you to pick a language in demand in your area, and in my area the language of most demand is Java. So, I'm still working on my project and haven't gotten an internship yet, but many people I know (from previous cohorts) have gotten an internship through them and are extremely thankful for the opportunity. I can't say LC is perfect, but I will vouch for the fact that they care deeply about what they are doing and constantly trying to improve the services they provide. It's definitely a very challenging class. You will learn a lot of if you dedicate the time and energy to follow their curriculum.

I completed LaunchCode's Immersive Code Camp over the summer and I am very thankful for the skills I've built and the educators at LaunchCode. I have taken a coding class before LaunchCode, and as a woman, the other program wasn't very welcoming, this is NOT the case at LaunchCode. LaunchCode excels at inclusivity, the staff has always made me feel welcome, and the seduction team wants everyone to succeed and will do almost anything to help. Getting into the program was rigorous but the payout was worth it. In a few short months I have gained to skills to "launch" into a new career as a web developer.

My experience was less than, what I would consider, professional. I took the Hacker Rank test either in December or early January, filled out the application, and didn't hear anything back. The website said that I would know whether or not I was accepted into the program in March and when I didn't hear anything and wrote to them, I was told that they had extended the application deadline by a week. That's fine, but it seems like a mass email was warranted letting everyone know that we wouldn't hear back until later. When I was finally disqualified, it said that there would be information as to why on the dashboard of Launch Code's website, but there wasn't. I sent an email to the address provided to find out more information and never heard back. So I'm left wondering why I wasn't accepted. I was then sent an email asking me to review my experience with them and they provided another email address where you could ask questions. I told them about my experience and again asked what disqualified me, but no one ever responded. It's now almost two months later, I've sent three messages requesting information, and no one has ever gotten back to me. I can only assume that I was disqualified because I'm a middle-aged woman and I have a feeling that they didn't respond because they know that they are legally in the wrong. I can't imagine another reason for them to not even respond after THREE attempts on my part. This is just despicable.