Juno College of Technology
Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS. Juno College of Technology offers student-friendly payment options, such as Pay What You Can Income Share Agreements.,
For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios. Juno graduates receive ongoing support from the Career Services Team to help graduates land a web developer position. Juno prides itself on its strong partnerships that have led to Juno graduates working with innovative companies around the world, from independent start-ups to big tech organizations. Juno also offers 2-week, accelerated Continuing Education courses for tech-savvy learners.
Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.96
Recent Juno College of Technology News
- May 2020 Coding Bootcamp News
- June 2019 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- December 2016 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- Data Science, R, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL, Python
OnlinePart Time6 Hours/week8 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $2,000 Class size N/A Location TorontoData Analytics is an entry-level course designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Analytics brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
Minimum Skill Level This beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work. Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date October 25, 2020 Cost $2,000 Class size N/A Location TorontoThis course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
Minimum Skill Level This course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesOctober 25, 2020 - Toronto
Minimum Skill Level Strong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesSeptember 28, 2020 - TorontoOctober 13, 2020 - TorontoJanuary 11, 2021 - TorontoFebruary 8, 2021 - TorontoMarch 1, 2021 - Toronto
OnlinePart Time6 Hours/week8 Weeks
Minimum Skill Level This course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses. Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date October 26, 2020 Cost $2,000 Class size N/A Location TorontoOur Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
Deposit N/A Scholarship Needs-Based Scholarship
Minimum Skill Level This course is designed for beginners. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesOctober 26, 2020 - TorontoNovember 21, 2020 - TorontoNovember 24, 2020 - TorontoNovember 30, 2020 - TorontoJanuary 18, 2021 - TorontoFebruary 8, 2021 - Toronto
Deposit N/A Scholarship Succesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
Minimum Skill Level Applicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesOctober 19, 2020 - Toronto
Start Date None scheduled Cost $2,000 Class size N/A Location TorontoOur WordPress & Shopify Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning how to build custom themes for in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients as a freelancer, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
Minimum Skill Level Strong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course. Placement Test No Interview Yes
Juno College of Technology Reviews
214 reviews sorted by:
- Great course, great school, great instructors- 9/21/2020Hayley Elsaesser • Designer • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInI took the Web Dev course at Juno. At first I was nervous, as I was learning a brand new skill and I was intimidated by the field. But, everyone I dealt with at Juno made it not only something that was extremely approachable and worked with my learning style, everyone from Juno was so kind and fun to work with. Highly recommend. Amazing course.
- Not a code newbie anymore- 6/10/2020Vanessa • Student • Course: Web Development • Campus: Toronto • Verified via GitHubI just completed Juno's 2 week Accel Web development course and as challenging as it was for a code newbie, it has been extremely rewarding. The environment online was extremely inclusive and I felt welcomed from day 1 of the program. The instructors laid a great foundation and despite having zero knowledge of coding it did not hinder me.
2 weeks ago I was learning about the internet and basic HTML and now I can somewhat successfully create a responsive web page! I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to do something so "techy". Every master was once a beginner and I had an amazing experience at Juno College. I look forward to taking another course with them.
- Amazing experience (but a lot of hard work!)- 3/15/2020Negin Sauermann • Front-end developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp) • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInI took the Web Development Immersive bootcamp for cohort Fall 2019. I graduated end of December and landed a job as a front-end developer early February. But it wasn't easy and the job hunt was arguably the hardest and most demoralizing aspect of the experience. I worked my BUTT off during the bootcamp but the job search was still rough. The junior dev market is saturated and the competition is nuts. However, the instructors, faculty and alumni were so supportive and helped prepare and push me for that grueling job search. I don't think I would've gotten a job if it weren't for them. Special shoutouts to:
Chi-Chi who was so supportive in both helping me fix my terrible and very long cover letters, practice interviewing and gaining the confidence I needed, and was also there for me when I just needed to vent.
Asaf and Simon were amazing instructors and made every class engaging and full of laughter. Suzette is the sweetest and the way she teaches is so easy to follow. There was never I time I felt too scared to ask a question. I felt like every instructor that taught me genuinely loved teaching and that made those long days (hello React) so much easier. I could go on about the rest of the faculty but I truly think the community Heather is fostering at Juno is amazing and so genuine.
- Highly recommend it!- 8/15/2019Alexandra Lim • Student • Course: Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp) • Campus: Toronto • Verified via GitHub
I've found the instructors and mentors to be very helpful and informative, and the course material presented in a very fun and engaging manner. The HY community itself is very inclusive and supportive. They have a great alumni network and it's exciting to see that alumni want to come back to support students by mentoring and volunteering their time.
I cannot recommend HackerYou enough!
- Nine life-changing weeks- 8/15/2019Claire Valant • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp) • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Fresh out of university with a physics degree, I went back to work at Home Depot for over two years. Without a Masters or a PhD, it would've been tough finding a job that interested me. I hated the thought of going back to school for years, needing to take electives I didn't want to take, worrying about my average, and buying more textbooks.
HackerYou was the solution I needed. I took the part-time web development fundamentals course, which fit my retail store schedule, and then quit my job when I got into the bootcamp. Just a month and a half out of bootcamp I got a fantastic job as a web developer.
I loved that there was no massive lecture hall, no old professor teaching an outdated curriculum, and no competitive atmosphere. This school is welcoming and fun, something I didn't think could help me learn as much as I did. The instructors and mentors are top notch: they are as committed to every student's learning are they are their well-being. They will push you to do your best, but make sure you're taking care of yourself.
I also made amazing friends and invaluable connections all over the tech scene in Toronto from HackerYou's extensive network of alumni (who remain heavily involved in the HackerYou community - that says something).
My team at work is 100% HackerYou graduates and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I literally owe my career to this school, and highly recommend even trying out a free workshop just to see what it's like!!
- Life Changing- Can't recommend enough!- 8/13/2019Annie Liew • Front-End Developer | Multidisciplinary Designer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp) • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I started with a promising career; working as a Multidisciplinary Web & Graphic Designer in Australia and England for solid companies. But the travel bug got the better of me and I then spent 6 years in Japan teaching English. When I moved to Canada and tried to jump back into design, the fact that I was brand new in the city and had been out of the industry for so long, made getting work a Herculean task. After some soul searching, I knew I needed to skill up. I spent no small amount of time looking into further education options.
Although I’d initially wanted to move into UX design, the positive reviews on community and support at HackerYou won me over. I wanted a course that got you a job and after attending info nights and free workshops all over the city, I found HackerYou extremely welcoming and personable. The large number of women made it very inclusive and I also appreciated that they had a process in place that didn’t just accept EVERYONE. I believe environment plays a huge part in success and in that respect, anyone I studied with would be passionate and committed. The common thread after speaking to numerous alumni was, “Do it. You won’t regret it.”
It wasn’t an easy decision… huge financial commitment! But when I finally bit the bullet for the Part-Time Web Dev course, my instructor, (former HY grad & instructor, now Shopify superstar, Sylvia Nguyen) made it so much fun that I fell in love with something I once saw as a necessary evil part of the job. I’m not completely new to coding as my work in web saw me designing & building websites for clients, but I have absolutely no regrets taking Web Dev Fundamentals as well as Advanced. I upgraded my outdated knowledge and learnt current industry best practices that made me excited about the future of code.
I applied for the Immersive course, not really thinking I’d get in because it was sooo competitive. Then I got the call that I was accepted! Honestly, I wouldn’t have passed the tech challenge had I not taken Part-Time before. Doing part-time also gave me confidence in the teaching style, curriculum and quality of instructors.
Attending this school was one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. HackerYou gave me more than just my first job in tech as a developer. I also gained a family, a community and a future that I’m really excited about!
- COURSE - VERY GUD- 8/8/2019Jesse Steckley • Membership Department Assistant for the CCAB • Course: Advanced Web Development (Part-time) • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
- Adrian Dixon • Web Developer • Course: Full-Stack Masterclass • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Taking this class has really helped me to catch up on the Java side of development along with learning React which was something I've been wanting to do for awhile but didn't get around to it. The lecturers know what they're teaching and wouldn't hesitate to assist if I fall behind at anytime. I would definitely recommend HackerYou/Juno College to anyone who either wants to brush up on their skills/learn something new that will benefit them in the future. I wish all the best to the team as well as the classmates who took the course with me. Cheers - and remember, mongoose is not a bird!
- Phenomenal- 7/30/2019Emma • Graduate • Course: Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp) • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I took the Web Development Immersive class with Wes Bos and it was one of the most beneficial and rewarding learning experiences I could have asked for. The class was incredibly hands-on and the amount of information I learned and was able to apply immediately was staggering. I'm returning for more courses in the coming weeks and can't wait to dive back into their classroom.
- Great Instructor, Good Intro- 7/30/2019Ella • Product Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Ricardo was my instructor in the summer of 2018. His classes were so well put together. He's got a great blend of personal stories, examples, and class participation. Every student was engaged throughout the entire class. I found that this course was a great intro to the fundamentals. One thing to note is that the course is heavily focused on staying problem oriented vs. solution oriented—meaning you try to do as much research and investigation before deciding what the answer to your problem will be. There is not a lot of focus on visual design in the course, more on building on the ideas your are coming up with for your projects. The work environment was good there, it was fairly relaxed. It's up to you to make the most of it.
- 10/10 would attend again.- 7/26/2019Janel Lucia • Product (UX/UI) Designer • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInI attended Hacker You's Full-time front end Bootcamp AND the UX Design class. I learned so much from both courses and was propelled into my career in tech. The UX course with Ricardo gave me the foundations I needed to break into a UX design role, I still reference my notes from the course. Ricardo is an amazing instructor and is super supportive in helping you formulate your ideas and execute them in a professional manner.Would I recommend Hacker You to others? Most definitely, Yes!!!! Before attending each course I did a ton of research and what attracted me to HY both times was their dedication to diversity and inclusion and not to mention Hack You is a female-founded college.Not only are the courses extremely informative but the community is extremely supportive and I would pay the course amount for the slack channel alone. Totally worth the value.
- HackerYou Bootcamp Review- 2/17/2019Scott Fuller • Front End Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp) • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn