Journey Education partners with universities to offer online coding and data science bootcamps. These bootcamps prepare students for careers in tech, and offer a university certificate upon graduation. The bootcamps also teach students how to navigate the job market, how to market themselves, and how to network. Journey Education is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
Journey Education formerly went by the name DecodeMTL and Concordia Bootcamps.
Recent Journey Education Reviews: Rating 4.76
Recent Journey Education News
- The New Remote Bootcamp at DecodeMTL
- Guide to Coding Bootcamps with Job Guarantees
- Am I the Right Candidate for a Coding Bootcamp?
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
- Data Science, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, GitHub
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,995 Class size 25 Location MontrealMaster the skills necessary to become a successful Data Scientist - from fundamentals of math & stats to machine learning, data engineering, and so much more. As a graduate, you will earn a university certificate, as well as gain access to our career services team and employer partnerships.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
Journey Education Reviews
93 reviews sorted by:
- Don't wait!- 2/1/2016Scott • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal
The eight weeks I spent at DecodeMTL were by far the best! I learned to think and code like a developer. What I learned proved to be invaluable in my career shift. I was a teacher by day and a web designer by night. Now I am a full-stack web developer by day and by night! ;-)
- Web Developer- 1/31/2016Kayla • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: MontrealDecodeMTL's full-time bootcamp gave me the skills and confidence to make a successful career change into the Web Development industry. Prior to taking the course, I had little web design and programming experience. After DecodeMTL's 8 week bootcamp, I had the experience and resources to get hired as a Web Developer.The small class size allows Ziad, the lead instructor at DecodeMTL, to customize his lectures and examples to best meet the different learning styles of his students. The structure of the bootcamp allows each student to learn at their own pace. For those students who want an additional challenge, there are always extra exercises to complete.I would absolutely recommend DecodeMTL to anyone who is interested and committed to starting a new career as a Web Developer!
- DecodeMTL SUCCESS story.- 1/30/2016Nathaniel • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: MontrealDecodeMTL has enabled me to quickly pick up the basic modern tools of the web-development trade. It alleviated the burden of trying to figure out where to start and delivered a perfect baseline understanding of industry standards. After only two months, it allowed me to feel confident in approaching potential employers knowing that I could say "yes" to most of their questions.Whether you are looking to brush up on your coding skills, or a complete novice with the analytical chops to start down this wonderfully liberating career path, DecodeMTL is perfect for you. But be prepared to work, the classes are fun, stimulating and everything is setup to help you learn FAST.DecodeMTL helped me find a job after I completed their program. Kevin and Ziad are very well connected in the Montreal tech sphere and they followed up with me and encouraged me every day after graduation even though they already had another class going. Great guys!
I now work as a junior web-app design/implementer for Research On Investment andI recommend DecodeMTL to anyone that bridges the topic of web-development with me.
- Web Development Full-Stack Coding Bootcamp- 11/22/2015Nora • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal
I am one of the first cohort's graduates (September-October 2015).
I had an amazing experience with DecodeMTL. The course is well designed and even if my brain had some hard time here and there, everything went pretty smoothly. The lead instructor Ziad Saab has a genuine sense for teaching.
The course is really intensive but this is what makes the environment so dynamic. As we were only twelve students, the atmosphere was somehow like a family and we are actually all sad the course is over now. This went really too fast!
I am still struck by how much I was able to learn in 8 weeks. Being at the right place, with the right people, make a huge difference. And DecodeMTL was exactly what I needed to succeed my career change.
DecodeMTL’s program has exceeded all my expectations. And in the end, I am very grateful to Ziad and Kevin for leading me where I am now. I had close to zero web knowledge, 8 weeks later, I feel like everything is possible.
- Full-Time Web Development Bootcamp- 11/9/2015Karl • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal
J'ai eu la chance de faire parti de la première cohorte de DecodeMTL. J'ai appris beaucoup, et ce dans un environnement très relax, propice à l'effort intellectuel. Professeurs de qualités avec beaucoup de patience et générosité. Je recommande.
I had the chance to be part of the first cohort at DecodeMTL. I improved my coding skills like I didn't thought possible in 8 weeks. Knowledgeable and patient teaching staff. I would recommand the program to anyone who wants solid foundations regarding full stack web developping.
- Intense and worth it- 1/11/2021Anonymous • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: MontrealVery intensive 12 weeks that helped me land a job within a month of graduation. Great teachers and support system. You get what you put into it. You have access to one-on-one time with technical coaches every afternoon. It forces you to adapt and learn quickly and it does so in the best way possible.
- Full-stack part-time web-development- 6/3/2020Anonymous • Front-end web developer • Student • Course: Full-Stack Nights & Weekends • Campus: MontrealI learned a lot of the basics about react which is what employers are looking for! A lot of it is working on your own projects. The career support after the Bootcamp was super helpful. I was able to find a job 1 month after the class was over, and this even during Covid. It's a great course, you learn a lot, and for me it was worth the price because I get to start a career in development.
- Nothing near great- 5/4/2017Anonymous • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal
Asked Ziad to provide us with the answers for the set of questions that he sent us on the very first day of the Bootcamp. Never received them or any response from him. Don't understand why just the answers could not be shared. It would be very useful for us to have, as we could also use them to prepare for the job interview.
When we graduated, no assistance from Ziad or any TA's with regards to preparing for the technical interview. No mock technical interview or whatsoever.
When asked Kevin for some advice on the cover letter, did not get anything good from him. He said it was not important. Did not want to believe he told me that. He certainly has no clue about it. And also no personalized advice on CV.
Response From: Kevin of Journey EducationTitle: Co-founderFriday, May 05 2017Hello!
Thanks so much for submitting feedback.
This is not acceptable in terms of your experience with us, and I would love to correct the situation.
We would love for you to reach out so we can help out in any way possible :)
- Do not waste your time- 7/4/2016Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: MontrealIf you are considering to pay $7,000 to invest in your education and change careers, you might as well understand what you are actually getting for that money. My goal in this review is to be as thorough and objective as possible, so as to give you, prospective student, a clear understanding of what you are honestly signing up for. Looking back, the hype of the reviews here was not a true representative of the actual bootcamp experience. What disappointed me more was the politics that are being played on DecodeMTL course report. A perfect 5 star from all reviews…really now?Job placement rate?Even if an education or experience isn’t as good as it seemed at least on paper or based on reviews, if they can give you a job within few months, it is still a good decision as you can pay off the $7,000 very soon and get your money back and upgrade your career. Unfortunately, DecodeMTL can’t deliver honest placement rates. As a matter of fact, once you are done with the program there is not much help, they have no hiring director that will assist you in finding a job. The job assistance you get is basically you having to email and call everyone that you can and hustle desperately to try to find someone to finally consider you and hire you. It's not an easy or enjoyable or streamlined process. It seems the Montreal market isn’t the best for developers and there is not enough jobs to go for everyone. Moreover, the average salary of those who do get hired are between $35,000-40,000, far less than other coding bootcamps ($50,000-$60,000) in the country and in the US. Then there is a great number that are just trying to find a job and disheartened and don’t want to write a review.CurriculumI don’t think anyone feels competent to use the term full-stack web developer for themselves when they are out. The Decode team is warm and welcoming and I really enjoy some of the friendships I made there, but I joined DecodeMTL to learn to code... not to make friends. The instructor Ziad is knowledgeable and the co-founder Kevin is a great guy, but that being said, teaching yourself will save you money and emotional distress. The program is Highly underdeveloped. There are great resources online you can use that are equivalent, if not better, to the DecodeMTL program.ConclusionFor me, I don’t have a job, but the experience was good, although it wasn’t even close to the Hollywood movie that CourseReport reviews may have made it seem.
Response From: Kevin of Journey EducationTitle: Co-founderThursday, Apr 20 2017This review is basically a copy of one from a coding school in Florida. We are not sure about it's validity.
You can see the original review here on Wyncode Academy: https://www.coursereport.com/schools/wyncode?page=2#/reviews/review/3371