journey-education-logo

Journey Education

Cleveland, Montreal

Journey Education

Journey Education partners with universities to offer online coding and data science bootcamps. These bootcamps prepare students for careers in tech, and offer a university certificate upon graduation. The bootcamps also teach students how to navigate the job market, how to market themselves, and how to network. Journey Education is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.

Journey Education formerly went by the name DecodeMTL and Concordia Bootcamps.

Recent Journey Education Reviews: Rating 4.75

all (85) reviews for Journey Education →

Recent Journey Education News

Read all (6) articles about Journey Education →
  • Coding Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End, GitHub
    LocationCleveland, Montreal
    Our flagship 12-week online coding bootcamp focuses on teaching you full-stack web development, with a heavy focus on JavaScript. As a graduate, you will earn a university certificate and have access to our team of career coaches and employer partners.
  • Ning An  User Photo
    Ning An • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a data analyst, I used to be very interested in coding, and thus got involved into some courses at various platforms, but none of them told me what exactly I was doing and what I can accomplish with the skills. The code camp made it. The daily lectures give you a big picture of a specific new area and some necessary information, while the daily workshops, designed with realistic context, are the mysterious world you dive into to show the value of your skills and to practice a real life as a developer. We all started toddling with the TCs and lecturers holding our hands anytime we need, but then you gradually found them more of gurus and collaborators, and you all work on building the same masterpiece, i.e. you as a confident developer. Same credit goes to the career service. The Job hunting process can be extremely frustrating. It's unlike the daily workshop which gives you instant feedback and a sense of achievement. Receiving auto-replies and rejections would be more like your daily life then. But the career coach is right there like a compass directing you to the right path and a lighthouse in the pitch-dark ocean cheering you up. Plus, you'll also start your tech network with your classmates in the cohort. Those cute ppl are your lifetime invaluable fortune.
  • Jordan Gabay  User Photo
    Jordan Gabay • Technical Recruiter • Student Verified via GitHub
    I found this program through a co-worker of mine and once he told me about it I thought it was worth a try. I had no experience coding and took the 3 month intensive but this program provides the resources you need to learn a lot of languages and by the end you'll be able to stand on your own feet. The teacher and the TA's care a lot about the students attending and hold you accountable for the work that you do. It's almost impossible to fail since you're constantly learning and have people making sure you can keep up with the class. After the program you're presented with the option to use career services which will help you make your way into the workforce. I would take advantage of these opportunities if I were you! They don't guarantee you a job but give you the insight and practice that you'll need while working. I didn't accept a developer job exactly, but doing the program combined with my past experiences lead to me becoming a technical recruiter working closely with engineering and software.

Overall I'd recommend this if you're looking for your next career step or if you're looking to pick up software development as a means to compliment your current background.
  • Kenny  User Photo
    Kenny • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
     After learning by myself for 2months, I decided to enroll in Concordia in order to speed up my learning process. The team Concordia bootcamps team provides you with a lot of support and tools while you work on projects. I graduated with the confidence and ability to continue learning independently as a real developer. There is even a career-services program included that helps you find a job after graduation, which is how I landed my first internship.
  • Ashkan  User Photo
    Ashkan • Web Developer Verified via GitHub
    I joined this program with zero prior coding knowledge. It was the best experience of my educational life. The program is very complete and up to date. They thought of everything and whatever you learn, you learn from the bests. The entire team is so knowledgeable , nice, caring and helpful and even after your graduation they will support you both technically and mentally. After this program not only I changed my career also I found a lot of friends in this field.
  • Myriam Mansouri  User Photo
    Myriam Mansouri • Frontend developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    J'ai décidé d'appliquer au Bootcamp pour en finir avec le cycle infernal de l'apprentissage web en autodidacte où on fait beaucoup de tutoriels en ligne mais peu de projets concrets. Et c'est ce que j'ai trouvé avec le bootcamp de Concordia, pleins de projets dans lesquels se plonger pour vraiment comprendre et expérimenter les concepts appris. L'avantage du bootcamp, c'est que dans ces projets on n'est jamais seul. Toute l'équipe du Bootcamp est là pour nous soutenir et répondre à nos questions. En passant, l'équipe enseignante est extrêmement sympathique et généreuse de son temps. Le service de carrière n'est pas en reste non plus. C'est grâce au job fair organisé par leur soin que j'ai pu rencontrer mon futur employeur. Malgré le contexte de la Covid, j'ai reçu une offre moins de deux mois après la fin du bootcamp.
  • Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • JavaScript Front-End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     This is the hands down best bootcamp that exists. We get access to not one or two, but four experts in the field! The course is very well structured, teaching the material the morning and spending the afternoon working on projects to solidify the leanings. During this time, there are always 3 instructors online ready to answer questions, provide further explanation, and guide when we get stuck. This way we get the perfect mix of learning independence, without getting stuck on problems for longer than we should be.

All of the instructors were kind and highly knowledgeable. They pushed us to always do our best and challenged us to reach our maximum potential. The classmates were incredibly friendly as well, and I came away from the course being good friends with many. Working side by side with fellow coders in the class was another valuable experience. We would often be assigned group work, which was an excellent opportunity to learn teamwork and pick up different coding techniques.

The final project gauntlet was one of my proudest accomplishments. We were given two weeks to create a full-stack web application and the project was open to anything we were motivated to work on. It was independent work where we had to bring everything we had to the table. With the knowledge we had acquired over the course of the 3 months and the guidance of the instructors, everyone showed extremely impressive results.

At the end of the course, we were assigned a professional technical coach, as well as a professional career coach to help us in the job hunt. The career coach provided one on one meetings every week and helped with everything from looking over resumes and cover letters to mock culture fit interviews and moral support. The technical coach took on the technical side of things in conducting mock technical interviews, giving advice for the first week on the job, and looking over technical assignments from companies. Within a month of completing the course, I got an amazing job offer that I have since accepted.

All in all, Concordia Bootcamps was one of the best decisions I have made. I have so much high praise for all the instructors and the career coaches as they all were absolutely incredible. This course completely changed the course of my life and I can't recommend enrolling enough!

• Lucas  User Photo
    Lucas • Software Dev Intern • Verified via LinkedIn
    I signed up to the Bootcamp with a bit of experience in html/css/js and a variety of libraries because i was looking to make the jump to the tech world and wanted to start off as a developer.
    The program I did, entirely done remotely, was well structured and well organized. The typical day consisted of a lecture between 1-2 hours, followed by an afternoon where we were left to our own devices to go through workshops to consolidate what was taught in the morning. The workshops were intense but not impossible, and we always had access (and were encouraged) to call a technical coach when we hit a road block. The process of learning was entirely based on the amount of effort you put in even and although there were certain workshops that were impossible to finish in an afternoon (or evening for that matter) enough time was scheduled to allow us to ''catch up'' or ''go for stretch goals'' to ensure that we were all on the right track. The workshops all led to projects which built directly on the workshops themselves, those of us that did the workshops had a good idea of how to do most of the projects which closed off a module.
    The final projects were the most interesting and rewarding and ultimately where i really got the sense that i knew how to code. We had to come up with the ideas and the implementation ourselves and while we did have guidance, no one got into the weeds with us. All in all a good experience.
    Career-wise we had access to a career coach and a technical coach who helped us through the job search process. They dont find the job for you, but they do put you in situations that help you out. I accepted an paid internship less than a month after finishing.
  • Marie  User Photo
    Marie • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Our instructor started our bootcamp by announcing "you won't BELIEVE what you'll be able to do three months from now!" and I can absolutely confirm that he was right. As a novice coder (with only the experience of the assignment I submitted for my application to the program), within three months I learned enough to design and build websites and apps from start to finish, on my own. The instructor was enthusiastic and approachable and clearly passionate about web development. The technical coaches were a godsend and I hope that all of my classmates got to enjoy their knowledge and assistance as much as I did. The workload was heavy, but definitely manageable.
    I signed up for this program as an opportunity to pivot my life and start on a new career track and not only do I feel confident to be entering the world of web development, I landed a job less than a week after completion of the program. That said, I didn't get to enjoy the full advantages of the career services support system, since I went through most of the interview process before our career coaching really kicked in (it really ramps up after graduation, and I started interviewing while the course was ongoing). However, I got one great consultation with my technical coach and career coach before my final interview for the job I accepted, and they were wonderful.
  • Theo Gjini  User Photo
    Theo Gjini • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I wanted to make a career switch, the most efficiently and quickly possible. I would never regret my choice. I was able to do the bootcamp beside my job, it was a lot of personal investment, but totally doable. The exercises very rewarding, and the lessons very complete, gives you the skill to make real end-to-end web apps. The content is updated according to the industry (TA's and lecturers are professional developers). Less than 3 months after graduated, I landed a full-stack position. The support during and after the course was really great! We have two personal coaches after the graduation, to continue to improve technically and to help us apply to jobs.
    I would totally recommend Concordia Bootcamps!
  • Dan Atack  User Photo
    Dan Atack • Dev Ops/ Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I enrolled with Concordia Bootcamps after leaving my previous job to pursue an interest in programming, and the entire experience was pretty much everything I could have hoped for. In a matter of weeks I went from having almost zero coding knowledge to being able to design and create entire apps and code the servers that ran them.
    My cohort started out with everyone attending a physical classroom (remember those?) but had to go online about halfway though our course because of the pandemic. The bootcamp staff reacted to this situation pretty much overnight and adapted the rest of the course to be accessible remotely, and did everything possible to ensure we got as much of the in-class experience as possible, using Zoom meeting rooms for lectures and presentations as well as one-on-one check-ins with our instructor (who, in his spare time, also coded and deployed a remote queue app to manage students' tech support needs).
    As soon as the coding-education phase was finished, each graduate was paired up with two career-coaches, one of them a technical expert working in the industry, and the other an experienced life-coach/HR specialist to give us some much-needed advice on the 'soft-skills' side of the job-hunt process.
    I was lucky enough to find a job barely a month after our final project presentations, but as I write this several of my peers have also already landed jobs in the field, and all of this during the middle of the COVID recession!
    If you are looking for a fast way to build the necessary skills to embark on a career in web or software development, and are willing to make the commitment to doing little other than coding for the 3 months that the course lasts, then I can't recommend this boot camp highly enough. Absolutely great experience from start to finish!

• Matteo  User Photo
    Matteo • Front End Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you're looking to pursue a career as a Web Developer, I strongly recommend choosing Concordia Bootcamps. I happened to be a one of the students whose Bootcamp was disrupted by our beloved pandemic. Regardless, the staff at CB were quick to adapt to the crisis, doing everything they could to help students like me succeed. Though it took some adjustment, we moved to Zoom lectures, and had access to our Technical Coaches via Zoom (and a cool online queue app they made in their efforts to adapt to the pandemic!).  It's evident that they're committed to their students, and genuinely want to see them flourish in the industry. I had little to no experience in real programming prior to the course, and worked mostly in an unrelated field. Now I'm starting a new job as a Front End Developer just 6 weeks after the course and couldn't be happier!

With that said, this isn't a walk in the park. It's a Bootcamp, and what you get out of it will be determined by what you put in. The structure of the course is divided into some theory, solo work, and some group work. The solo work will take up most of your time but there's always a Technical Coach available for when you're stuck. And technical coaches do care, they want you to succeed, so they'll avoid just giving you the answer, and prefer to give you guidance--just enough to help you think and solve the problem yourself. Be ready to struggle and problem solve, and learn to love the process, because the benefits that come from sticking with the struggle is one of the most rewarding aspects of the course (and of programming!).

After the 12 weeks of lectures and projects, comes the Career Services. CB pairs you with a technical coach, who helps you improve your coding skills, and a career coach, who helps you land that first job. Not only that, but the career services offer really helpful tools, webinars, and other support to guide you on your journey.

So, if you're willing to do your part--to do the hard work of learning, asking questions, being curious, and enduring through the struggle, it is indeed impossible to fail. Sign up!
  • Wei Zhang  User Photo
    Wei Zhang • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really enjoyed the program and it helped me on the career change. I have the working experiences on other industry and will like to reset a new start after moving to Montreal.  I have some experiences on programming. This program guided me into a modern framework  of web development. The skills and knowledges learned are very transferrable to other programming language and framework. The lectures and workshops are well designed so that the students can learn and then practice. The day to day practice on coding was challenging but it was rewarding. I can sense the improvements on the mindsets of the coding.
    After the graduation, the job coaches also helped me to walk through the challenging job searching environment. It is especially helpful for me as new comer in the professional environment in Montreal.
    I finally get a job which combined my past domain experience and programming after graduation. It empowered  me with multiple options. I would recommend for new arrivals who pursue career change in Montreal to take this program to start a new career as it is a program with solid content, hands-on skills and job assistance support.