Journey Education partners with universities to offer online coding and data science bootcamps. These bootcamps prepare students for careers in tech, and offer a university certificate upon graduation. The bootcamps also teach students how to navigate the job market, how to market themselves, and how to network. Journey Education is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
Journey Education formerly went by the name DecodeMTL and Concordia Bootcamps.
Recent Journey Education Reviews: Rating 4.76
Recent Journey Education News
- The New Remote Bootcamp at DecodeMTL
- Guide to Coding Bootcamps with Job Guarantees
- Am I the Right Candidate for a Coding Bootcamp?
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
- Data Science, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, GitHub
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,995 Class size 25 Location MontrealMaster the skills necessary to become a successful Data Scientist - from fundamentals of math & stats to machine learning, data engineering, and so much more. As a graduate, you will earn a university certificate, as well as gain access to our career services team and employer partnerships.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
Journey Education Reviews
93 reviews sorted by:
- François-Xavier Cyr • Front End Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHubVery happy with the decision I've taken to register to the Diploma in Full Stack Web Development at Concordia Bootcamps. The curriculum was very well written and laid out in a way that you'd always learn and build and concepts you learn. The teacher was very knowledgeable and very dynamic, same for the TAs that were helping him and us.
Even though it all happened remotely due to the pandemic, it was very smooth and interactive. When coding, the teacher and TAs will let you fail as long as it's no longer productive for you to do so, which according to me, is the best way to learn.
Once the course is over, you're fully supported by their career services. They bring you in front of employers, they help with your CV, they coach you for you first, second, third interview and a technical coach is assigned to you to review and comment on technical tests some companies will make you do in order to move to the next step.
Only 3 months after graduation, I've had one freelance contract as a full stack developer and I'm now a full time front end developer at one of the coolest dev shop in Montreal. Highly recommend it!
- Changing careers while working full time.- 12/15/2020Andres Rueda • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Remote • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI highly recommend the Concordia Bootcamp, the curriculum is up to date to the latest releases of React (hooks, Redux, useReducer, etc) and includes many intensive workshops where you can learn while hands-on. Here you will learn not only the latest about the MERN stack but also the most important concepts of coding. Our teacher (Josh Comeau) has a lot of experience has participated in international conferences. I signed for a face-to-face program since all this was new for me, I have the idea it won't work in a virtual environment. However, due to COVID-19, we have to go virtual. I couldn't be happier. While the program kept its professionalism and the technical advisors support us in any doubts we could have during the learning process, we also had the advantage of learning from home, with no worries about losing my time on displacements. I doubted the program before I signed because it doesn't guarantee a practice or a job once it is finalized. I couldn't be wrong. The program philosophy is that success is only in your hands, but this will not prevent you to be accompanied in every step you have to do by the career service team, following their advice and working hard on my job applications I was able to land in a great position as a Full Stack Web developer in less than a month after our graduation.
- Best education I've ever taken- 12/6/2020Myra-Grace Salinas • Web Developer • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via LinkedIn
- Ning An • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Remote • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAs a data analyst, I used to be very interested in coding, and thus got involved into some courses at various platforms, but none of them told me what exactly I was doing and what I can accomplish with the skills. The code camp made it. The daily lectures give you a big picture of a specific new area and some necessary information, while the daily workshops, designed with realistic context, are the mysterious world you dive into to show the value of your skills and to practice a real life as a developer. We all started toddling with the TCs and lecturers holding our hands anytime we need, but then you gradually found them more of gurus and collaborators, and you all work on building the same masterpiece, i.e. you as a confident developer. Same credit goes to the career service. The Job hunting process can be extremely frustrating. It's unlike the daily workshop which gives you instant feedback and a sense of achievement. Receiving auto-replies and rejections would be more like your daily life then. But the career coach is right there like a compass directing you to the right path and a lighthouse in the pitch-dark ocean cheering you up. Plus, you'll also start your tech network with your classmates in the cohort. Those cute ppl are your lifetime invaluable fortune.
- Worth the Investment- 11/4/2020Jordan Gabay • Technical Recruiter • Student • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHubI found this program through a co-worker of mine and once he told me about it I thought it was worth a try. I had no experience coding and took the 3 month intensive but this program provides the resources you need to learn a lot of languages and by the end you'll be able to stand on your own feet. The teacher and the TA's care a lot about the students attending and hold you accountable for the work that you do. It's almost impossible to fail since you're constantly learning and have people making sure you can keep up with the class. After the program you're presented with the option to use career services which will help you make your way into the workforce. I would take advantage of these opportunities if I were you! They don't guarantee you a job but give you the insight and practice that you'll need while working. I didn't accept a developer job exactly, but doing the program combined with my past experiences lead to me becoming a technical recruiter working closely with engineering and software.
Overall I'd recommend this if you're looking for your next career step or if you're looking to pick up software development as a means to compliment your current background.
- A Worthwhile Experience- 11/2/2020Kenny • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHubAfter learning by myself for 2months, I decided to enroll in Concordia in order to speed up my learning process. The team Concordia bootcamps team provides you with a lot of support and tools while you work on projects. I graduated with the confidence and ability to continue learning independently as a real developer. There is even a career-services program included that helps you find a job after graduation, which is how I landed my first internship.
- I joined this program with zero prior coding knowledge. It was the best experience of my educational life. The program is very complete and up to date. They thought of everything and whatever you learn, you learn from the bests. The entire team is so knowledgeable , nice, caring and helpful and even after your graduation they will support you both technically and mentally. After this program not only I changed my career also I found a lot of friends in this field.
- Une expérience qui en vaut la peine- 10/23/2020Myriam Mansouri • Frontend developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Remote • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubJ'ai décidé d'appliquer au Bootcamp pour en finir avec le cycle infernal de l'apprentissage web en autodidacte où on fait beaucoup de tutoriels en ligne mais peu de projets concrets. Et c'est ce que j'ai trouvé avec le bootcamp de Concordia, pleins de projets dans lesquels se plonger pour vraiment comprendre et expérimenter les concepts appris. L'avantage du bootcamp, c'est que dans ces projets on n'est jamais seul. Toute l'équipe du Bootcamp est là pour nous soutenir et répondre à nos questions. En passant, l'équipe enseignante est extrêmement sympathique et généreuse de son temps. Le service de carrière n'est pas en reste non plus. C'est grâce au job fair organisé par leur soin que j'ai pu rencontrer mon futur employeur. Malgré le contexte de la Covid, j'ai reçu une offre moins de deux mois après la fin du bootcamp.
All of the instructors were kind and highly knowledgeable. They pushed us to always do our best and challenged us to reach our maximum potential. The classmates were incredibly friendly as well, and I came away from the course being good friends with many. Working side by side with fellow coders in the class was another valuable experience. We would often be assigned group work, which was an excellent opportunity to learn teamwork and pick up different coding techniques.
The final project gauntlet was one of my proudest accomplishments. We were given two weeks to create a full-stack web application and the project was open to anything we were motivated to work on. It was independent work where we had to bring everything we had to the table. With the knowledge we had acquired over the course of the 3 months and the guidance of the instructors, everyone showed extremely impressive results.
At the end of the course, we were assigned a professional technical coach, as well as a professional career coach to help us in the job hunt. The career coach provided one on one meetings every week and helped with everything from looking over resumes and cover letters to mock culture fit interviews and moral support. The technical coach took on the technical side of things in conducting mock technical interviews, giving advice for the first week on the job, and looking over technical assignments from companies. Within a month of completing the course, I got an amazing job offer that I have since accepted.
All in all, Concordia Bootcamps was one of the best decisions I have made. I have so much high praise for all the instructors and the career coaches as they all were absolutely incredible. This course completely changed the course of my life and I can't recommend enrolling enough!
- Concordia Bootcamps 12 week full stack- 10/19/2020Lucas • Software Dev Intern • Verified via LinkedInI signed up to the Bootcamp with a bit of experience in html/css/js and a variety of libraries because i was looking to make the jump to the tech world and wanted to start off as a developer.
The program I did, entirely done remotely, was well structured and well organized. The typical day consisted of a lecture between 1-2 hours, followed by an afternoon where we were left to our own devices to go through workshops to consolidate what was taught in the morning. The workshops were intense but not impossible, and we always had access (and were encouraged) to call a technical coach when we hit a road block. The process of learning was entirely based on the amount of effort you put in even and although there were certain workshops that were impossible to finish in an afternoon (or evening for that matter) enough time was scheduled to allow us to ''catch up'' or ''go for stretch goals'' to ensure that we were all on the right track. The workshops all led to projects which built directly on the workshops themselves, those of us that did the workshops had a good idea of how to do most of the projects which closed off a module.
The final projects were the most interesting and rewarding and ultimately where i really got the sense that i knew how to code. We had to come up with the ideas and the implementation ourselves and while we did have guidance, no one got into the weeds with us. All in all a good experience.
Career-wise we had access to a career coach and a technical coach who helped us through the job search process. They dont find the job for you, but they do put you in situations that help you out. I accepted an paid internship less than a month after finishing.
- A new life in three months- 9/30/2020Marie • Graduate • Course: Web Development Remote • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOur instructor started our bootcamp by announcing "you won't BELIEVE what you'll be able to do three months from now!" and I can absolutely confirm that he was right. As a novice coder (with only the experience of the assignment I submitted for my application to the program), within three months I learned enough to design and build websites and apps from start to finish, on my own. The instructor was enthusiastic and approachable and clearly passionate about web development. The technical coaches were a godsend and I hope that all of my classmates got to enjoy their knowledge and assistance as much as I did. The workload was heavy, but definitely manageable.
I signed up for this program as an opportunity to pivot my life and start on a new career track and not only do I feel confident to be entering the world of web development, I landed a job less than a week after completion of the program. That said, I didn't get to enjoy the full advantages of the career services support system, since I went through most of the interview process before our career coaching really kicked in (it really ramps up after graduation, and I started interviewing while the course was ongoing). However, I got one great consultation with my technical coach and career coach before my final interview for the job I accepted, and they were wonderful.
- Full-Stack Immersive Night & Weekends- 7/13/2020Theo Gjini • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Nights & Weekends • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHubI wanted to make a career switch, the most efficiently and quickly possible. I would never regret my choice. I was able to do the bootcamp beside my job, it was a lot of personal investment, but totally doable. The exercises very rewarding, and the lessons very complete, gives you the skill to make real end-to-end web apps. The content is updated according to the industry (TA's and lecturers are professional developers). Less than 3 months after graduated, I landed a full-stack position. The support during and after the course was really great! We have two personal coaches after the graduation, to continue to improve technically and to help us apply to jobs.
I would totally recommend Concordia Bootcamps!