IE Data Science Bootcamp
IE Data Science Bootcamp offers a full-time, 11-week data science course in Madrid, Spain. The course covers Python, R, math, statistics, machine learning, data acquisition and visualization, and more. Upon completing the bootcamp, graduates will have learned to acquire, clean, structure, store, manipulate, analyze, and visualize data from diverse sources to answer complex business questions. Graduates will also know how to find patterns, use machine learning and other analytical tools to put into practice across the business world.
The course is designed for professionals seeking to learn how to use data across industries more efficiently and is ideal for people with a Bachelor’s Degree and between zero and five years of work experience.
IE Data Science Bootcamp is designed within the IE Ecosystem, powered by IE Exponential Learning which exists to nurture the learning mindset of professionals at all stages of their careers.
Recent IE Data Science Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.6
Recent IE Data Science Bootcamp News
- Data Science, R, Python, Data Visualization, Growth Hacking, Machine Learning, Data Structures, Business Intelligence
In PersonFull Time
The Bootcamp will teach you how to find patterns, use machine learning and other analytical tools that you will be able to implement in various fields such as marketing, product evelopment, project management, or general business administration. To set you apart from the competition, the Data Science Bootcamp has an inclusive approach: it provides theoretical and practical knowledge acquired through working with real data sets and industry leaders, as well as educators and data experts. It also promotes teamwork and aims to foster data visualization skills for you to learn how to give engaging and insightful presentations to show the impact of data. In the full-time 11-week program you will have sessions from 9 AM to 8 PM monday through Friday as well as from 9 AM to 3 PM on Saturdays. In the part-time 15-week program, you will have two intensive weeks and sessions from 9 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday as well as from 9 AM to 2 PM on Saturdays.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
IE Data Science Bootcamp Reviews
5 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Part Time- 7/8/2019Sofía Marcos • Student • Campus: Madrid
I was part of the February 2019 part time intake and my experience was overall very positive.
As a 5yrs finance professional, I wanted to develop my skills in data analytics and statistics. Our processes rely on large sets of data and there is a significant opportunity to make these more efficient with automation. Also, we elaborate forecasts and the Math and Machine Learning classes really provided me with the tools to improve them.
Although it was demanding, it was extremely rewarding and the IE proved to be be the right outlet to do it. Professors were very supportive and agile when it came to adapt the material to our learning curve and needs.
- Applying machine learning- 6/18/2019Guillermo Vergara • Management consultant • Graduate • Course: Data Science Bootcamp • Campus: Madrid
I participated in IE Data Science bootcamp from march 2019 to June 2019. During this period, I started learning how to code from scratch and ended up applying and tweaking different machine learning algorithms such as neural networks, knn and many more. These models were applied in a project with a real client whoose company is the 4th biggest company for glass manfucaturing in the world. During this project, by applying machine learning, we estimated savings around 700.000 euros in energy efficiency. Feel free to contact me through linkedin: Guillermo Vergara
- Deep and fast learning- 6/18/2019Nieves Merino • Computerr engineer • Graduate • Course: Data Science Bootcamp • Campus: Madrid
- Rich experience- 7/5/2018Sebastião Abreu • Actuary • Student • Course: Data Science Bootcamp • Campus: Madrid
I think that the fact of being intensive and a “hands-on” way of learning really makes the difference. For 11 weeks we were solely focused in learning, practicing and again reviewing several techniques of machine learning while improving our coding skills. Also, needs to be mentioned that the instructors have a strong “real business” experience that helped to illustrate how and where those techniques can be applied. I would highly recommend the bootcamp to whoever is interested in Data Science and already have some experience on dealing with datasets and has some coding experience.
- Overall a good investment- 6/20/2019Anonymous • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Bootcamp • Campus: Madrid
The Bootcamp was overall good, and provided a well-rounded view of the Data Science (specifically Machine Learning) application space. You are definitely expected to either know some coding already or to catch up very fast, but at the same time the course doesn't go too deeply into programming skills (perhaps that's not even possible in such a short period).
The machine learning part of course focuses a lot on supervised (and a few unsupervised) algorithms, with applications both in R and Python.
What I probably enjoyed the most was that we got to work on real data sets and collaborate with data scientists from actual companies. What I didn't like on the other hand, is that because the data is proprietary, you can't publish your projects on GitHub and therefore build a small portfolio. Effectively, if you want to use the bootcamp to find a job, it is quite skewed to the companies/ connections that IE has, because you won't be able to show anything you produced in the course outside of this cycle.
Overall I recommend the course and I think it was a good investment for me. But I would only recommend it to others if they can get a scholarship (i.e. 14k I think is too much)