divergence-academy-logo

Divergence Academy

Dallas

Divergence Academy

Divergence Academy is a 12-week full-time data science bootcamp in Addison, Texas. The program has a focus on Python, and also covers statistical modeling, the UNIX/LINUX command line, machine learning, web scraping, databases, collaborative coding, working in the cloud, visualization tools, distributed algorithm frameworks such as Hadoop, and system architectures. Students will complete multiple data science projects throughout the bootcamp which can be used to demonstrate abilities to employers.

Applicants are required to have a background in a quantitative discipline including statistics, linear algebra, and mathematics, plus working knowledge of at least one programming language. Common backgrounds include engineers, scientists, and analysts. Once accepted, students complete an online pre-work course covering the command line, Python, and statistics.

Divergence Academy has a network of employer partners, and provides students with networking opportunities.

Recent Divergence Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (20) reviews for Divergence Academy →

Recent Divergence Academy News

• Cybersecurity CORE Technical

Python
    LocationDallas
    Our (approved) CORE program is your direct path to a cybersecurity career. This 400-hour immersive curriculum includes six courses, extensive hands-on skill building, and guided product training. Cybersecurity Core Technical students graduate with the sought after knowledge and trade-craft for immediate employment as tier 1+ security engineers, analysts, pen testers and consultants. The evolution from general IT to cybersecurity can take five to 10 years. The CORE does it in as little as 10 weeks in a full-time program. - AD Domain Services - Network Policies and Virtualization - Access Controls, Network Access Protection - Linux and DevOps - Routing and Switching - Python for Security
    Deposit$1,000
    Tuition PlansTADs available
    Scholarship We offer a $2,000 discount on the immersive program tuition fee for women, veterans or members of the U.S. military.
    Minimum Skill LevelTechnical and analytical ability trump formal education AS, BS or MS in: Comp Sci, Math, EE or related
    Prep WorkNone
  • Cybersecurity Penetration Tester

Python
    LocationDallas
    Our (approved) Professional Penetration Tester program is your direct path to a Cybersecurity career. This 400-hour immersive curriculum includes six courses, extensive hands-on skill building, and guided product training. The Cybersecurity Professional Penetration Tester students graduate with the sought after knowledge and trade-craft for immediate employment as tier 1+ security engineers, analysts, pen testers and consultants. The evolution from general IT to Cybersecurity can take five to 10 years. The Professional Penetration Tester does it in as little as 10 weeks full time.
    Deposit$1,000
    Tuition PlansTADs available
    Minimum Skill LevelPersonal Attributes - Natural interest in research and problem solving Analytical Experience - Skill in research & analysis, Skill in critical thinking Education - Analytical ability trumps formal education, IT certs helpful but not required
    Prep WorkNone
  • Data Science Immersive

Hadoop, Python
    LocationDallas
    The 12-week, full-time data science bootcamp has a focus on Python, and also covers statistical modeling, the UNIX/LINUX command line, machine learning, web scraping, databases, collaborative coding, working in the cloud, visualization tools, distributed algorithm frameworks such as Hadoop, and system architectures. Students will complete multiple data science projects throughout the bootcamp which can be used to demonstrate abilities to employers.
    Financing available through SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansYes we have partnered TAD Tuition Management System to offer a 9 installment plan.
    Scholarship$2000 discount for women, underrepresented minority groups, and veterans or members of the U.S. Military
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants are required to have a background in a quantitative discipline including statistics, linear algebra, and mathematics, plus working knowledge of at least one programming language.
    Prep Work20-30 hours pre-work covering the command line, Python, and statistics.
  • Data Science Part-Time

Spark, SQL, Python
    LocationDallas
    The 6-week beginner level data science course is a practical introduction to the interdisciplinary field of data science and machine learning, which is at the intersection of computer science, statistics, and business. You will learn to use the programming languages, tools, and technologies to help you acquire, clean, parse, and filter your data. A significant portion of the course will be a hands-on approach to the fundamental modeling techniques and machine learning algorithms that enable you to build robust predictive models about real-world data and test their validity. You will also gain practice communicating your results and insights about how to build systems that are more intelligent using the data that you have gathered. Additional details can be found at http://divergence.academy/data-science-60
    Deposit$3,500
    Tuition PlansPayment Plans Available
    Minimum Skill LevelA good grasp of college-level statistics and probability. Ability to program in a scripting language such as Python or R.
    Prep WorkComplete the first 9 units of Python on https://www.codecademy.com/learn/python
  • Deep Learning

Data Science, Hadoop, Python, Machine Learning
    LocationDallas
    The purpose of this 60 hours’ class is to help you master the core concepts of neural networks, including modern techniques for deep learning. After working through the lessons, you will have written code that uses neural networks and deep learning to solve complex pattern recognition problems. And you will have a foundation to use neural networks and deep learning to attack problems of your own devising. We’ll develop living code, not just abstract theory, code which you can explore and extend. This way you’ll understand the fundamentals, both in theory and practice, and be well set to add further to your knowledge.
    Financing available through SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansInstallment plan available.
    Minimum Skill LevelMachine Learning with Python background required.
    Prep WorkDemonstrate Data science experience.

2 Scholarships

• $500 Divergence Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Divergence Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & No eligibility restrictions.

• Data Science Immersive (Dallas)
  • $500 Divergence Academy Scholarship

• Data Science Immersive (Dallas)
  • Patricia Stone • Data Scientist Software Engineer

I attended Data Science immersive course.
    The course is a High-quality course, every week content
    was very interesting. We learned so much.

We used many different tools, Big Data, spark, hive, SQL, pig,
    Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning, Azure, AzureML, created web services,
    used Tableau, Python, Pandas, Sickitlearn, too many to list them all.

You have to be commited, course was 9 to 6 and some weeks you
    are expected to complete assignments after hours or on the
    weekends. This is all worthy.
        For some people it was very challenging, it depends on if you have
    been a developer before, but nobody left the course.

Instructors were great. I could not ask for better instructors, specially Sravan.

They also help me with my resume and prepare my portfolio.
    It is a very complete course and even better than what I expected.

I highly recommend Data Science Immersive course at
    Divergence Academy.

• Arvind Betrabet, PhD • Graduate

Learned a lot, not only about Data Science and its ecosystem, but also about myself and my capacity to assimilate. This 12-week course built on what I knew and cultivated new ways to arrive at the right answers by asking the right questions, about the data being analyzed.

The instructors and peers in the class made the classes enjoyable and challenging at the same time.

• Keith S. • Graduate

Over the summer of 2016, I spent months looking for bootcamps related to Data Science in Dallas, TX.  The closest ones were located in Austin, but then I was able to find Divergence Academy. One of the few places in the DFW metropolitan area that offers a full-time Data Science course.

I took the Data Science Immersive course from September 2017 to December 2017.  The course was incredible. The curriculum was  well planned.  From Monday until Friday  starting at 9am to 6pm. This 12 week course is intense, but well worth it. The Instructors were incredible in the depth of knowledge they have, and were able to share with us.

I recommend this course for anyone wanting to skill-up and advance their careers as Data Scientists.

• Bimpe, Working Professional

Earlier this year I learned about the Divergence Academy from Beth Lahaie. At the time I was looking to break into the Data Science field, so I decided to research the school further. The 6-week beginner level data science class proved to be a wonderful foundation into the world of data science. My instructor, Sravan Ankaraju, greatly contributed to my enjoyment of the course. He is personable, and completely devoted to ensuring that his students are successful. His passion for teaching radiated and his personable approach encouraged interaction.

The structure of the class complimented Sravan’s style nicely.  Each of the five hours of class passed quickly with his easy way of holding your attention as he imparted knowledge on relevant industry topics sprinkled with interview tips.  The classes were very hands-on with real life applications. During the breaks from instruction, we all gathered around a table to eat together, creating a warmth and camaraderie where we felt less like students and more like family.

Sravan patiently explained difficult concepts in an engaging manner. He regularly made himself available outside of class, and consistently requested student feedback on ways to enhance the learning process, then immediately put to use the information he received.

I walked away from the course equipped, having firmly grasped machine learning techniques and big data framework concepts.

If you are contemplating entering the data science career path or already established and want to grow your skill-set and are seeking an option outside of a traditional school or degree program; I highly recommend Divergence Academy. The plethora of course offerings cater to varied levels.  Entering as a beginner, I left with a solid foundation from which to launch into the next phase of my data science career.

• John K • CEO Halo Trading LLC • Student

As CEO of a financial trading company I found myself  needing the skills of Machine learning to keep our company out in front of the competition.. I went to Divergence Academy and met with Sravan . After explaining what I was wanting to accomplish he designed an entire course program that encompassed the Divergence Academy cirriculum with an emphasis on my goals, along with a schedule that would work around mine. My coding skills were lacking to say the least but Sravan went out of his way to catch me up. Im about a quater way through the course and were already working in the Intergrated Developement Enviroment. The "Big Picture" is becoming more and more in focus with each class..Sravan has a unique way of conveying information..a real teaching skill...and he geniuely cares about each of his students individually...He has really taken the intimidation factor out of the whole proccess. It was a great decision to enrolling in D.A...and I can already see that fusing Machine Learning with our current buisness model is going to one of the best buisness decisions weve made...Its already having a positive efffect just 4 weeks into the course! Ill write another review once Ive finished the course... but if your at all thinking about learning "Machine Learning" or have a buisness that you feel can benefit from it...then Divergence Academy is the place your looking for...If you have questions about Machine Learning and / or how your career or buisness can benefit from it ,give Sravan a call ..He's easy to talk too and I havent asked a question yet he couldnt answer. If you enroll in the course there is alot of information thats gonna come your way..but if your committed Sravan will personally see to it that you understand that information and how to use it..."I really cant say enough good" about the academy , the cirriculumn or its founder...."5 STARS" across the board!!!

John K.

Halo Trading LLC

• Marcel • Student

I work as a consultant and have solid programming skills with several languages. I am mostly self-taught and unlikely to take a course at school. However, I wanted to learn Spark quickly to compliment my database and data integration skills. After hearing Sravan speak at the DFW Python Meetup I became aware of Divergence Academy. I thought a data science academy in Dallas, great! I was prepared to travel out west for the training. But after researching I decided to stay local and sign up.

How did it go? Let me say, you start with your laptop and end with a Spark cluster running on AWS inside a VM residing on your machine. In the process you cover all stages of science a pipeline from acquire to storytelling and the tools used to perform each step. By the end of this course you're ready to develop solutions using Spark. I recall learning about Spark data frames in this course. If you have a SQL, R, or Python background here is the point it just clicks. Sravan's teaching style and the hands-on lessons facilitate learning. I've taken two courses at Divergence Academy already and currently enrolled in the adaptive program.

• Viswanath Puttagunta • Sr Data Scientist, AT&T • Graduate

Most of tools used in Machine Learning today are open source. All the lectures you ever need to know are in YouTube. So, "why pay?" was the thought I had in late 2014. The problem is not the lack of free information, it is the abundance of it beyond my comprehension. Where do you start? Probability? Statistics? Linear Algebra? Neural Networks? Hadoop? Spark? TensorFlow? How are any of these connected to each other. Where do I start? Which concepts form the core foundation, and which ones can you build on? Where do you go next?

I spent good part of 2015 doing on-line machine learning courses. Though I was learning some good concepts, it was difficult getting a good idea of where the industry is today and where it is heading to the next few years. This is key to getting a job.

I couldn't leave my job, so I joined Data Science Adaptive course. Sravan worked with me to first understand what my background is (Signal Processing and Linux Software Development). We first set out where we want to be in 6 months and carefully broke it down into monthly and weekly goals. The homeworks were spot on and to the point. Within the first 3 months, I could quickly connect the Statistics concepts to the DSP Algorithms I implemented earlier in my career.

As a Data Scientist in AT&T, I look back at the 6 months and honestly say, there was not a single homework that was unnecessary, there was not a single article that I thought was a waste of my time. I slowed down to absorb some concepts, taking select classes in Khan Academy and YouTube as needed, I sped up when I thought I can build on the basics. Sravan also helped me steer clear of distractions from time to time to get me back on track.

I can honestly say I could not have done it in such a short time without Divergence Academy. Also special thanks to Beth Lahaie who has been very helpful in building up my network and arranging DFW Big Data and DFW Data Science Meetups.

Response From: Sravan Ankaraju of Divergence Academy
    Title: Program Director
    Sunday, Sep 04 2016
    Thank you for your kind words Vish and congratulations on your new job. We are very happy that the Data Science Adaptive program helped you in such a positive way. Our goal here at the academy is to create an environment in which the needs of students like you are met, and where you will be able to thrive and succeed in learning to apply the latest in tech.
  • Togbey, Kodjovi M. • Sr Quantitative Analyst • Applicant

I really enjoyed this course. I liked the in-class demos/examples to help remember the material.  It was a nice reward for working hard throughout the course. I would recommend this course to those looking into Data Science.

The instructors bring enthusiasm and experience to every lecture that they give. They  are very approachable and understanding, and always keep an open line of communication with their students.