devpoint-labs-logo

DevPoint Labs

Salt Lake City

DevPoint Labs

DevPoint Labs teaches an 11-week, full-time and an 11-week, part-time online full stack web development coding bootcamp. The bootcamp curriculum covers HTML, CSS, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, SQL, JavaScript, React, Redux, and more. DevPoint Labs' approach to learning combines pair programming with traditional lectures and a mix of group projects, lean methodologies, hackathons and one-on-one mentorship from instructors.

DevPoint Labs is aimed at students with little to moderate experience in web development. To apply, candidates fill out the short application on the website, then chat with a staff member about their motivations. Once accepted students will need to complete pre-work before the first day of class.

Leading up to graduation, DevPoint Labs prepares students for finding a job with mock interviews, workshops, guest speakers, and a Launch Day to showcase their projects to potential employers.

Recent DevPoint Labs Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (155) reviews for DevPoint Labs →

Recent DevPoint Labs News

Read all (27) articles about DevPoint Labs →
  • Part-time Web Development

JavaScript, CSS, HTML, Git, jQuery, Express.js, Front End, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    This course puts a heavy focus on JavaScript, React, and front-end web development. We are one of the nation's highest reviewed program in accelerated web development with emphasis in the most desired and growing skills like javascript, react.js, git, mongodb, react native and more in web development. Even though the course is part-time, the pace is rigorous (bootcamp for a reason) and only for the motivated individuals that wants to gain skills that will add value to their career and life. Our campus is at Church & State co-working, a collaborative environment for students to get their CODE ON before and after class. Taught by industry experts, you'll learn from passionate instructors co-instructors, and TA's who are contributors & leaders in the development community. DevPoint Labs is unmatched in the nation when it comes to student experience, value, community, and advanced curriculum.
    Deposit$1,000
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    Tuition PlansSet up an appointment with the administration to go over the tuition plans available.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech Scholarship & Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge
    Prep WorkYes, required.
  • U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development

Ruby, Rails, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Git, jQuery, MySQL, React.js, Sinatra, SQL, Node.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    In today's digital economy, coding skills are the most demanded across all types of careers and professions. Forbes and LinkedIn noted that those with full-stack web development skills dominate the pay scale and employer desirability. University of Utah Professional Education is excited to bring our students a full-time Web Development Certificate Program, powered by DevPoint Labs. DevPoint Labs was founded by University of Utah graduates as the first full-stack web development program in the state. This course will be held at the DevPoint Lab's Campus in downtown Salt Lake City, located in Church & State Co-working. This full-time, intensive program creates proficiency in back-end and front-end web development through hands on training. Learn multiple programming languages and programs centered around web development like HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, ReactJS, React Native, Git and more. https://devpointlabs.continue.utah.edu
    Deposit$1,000
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    Tuition PlansTalk with the administration to go over plans available for the course.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Opportunity In Tech Scholarships available.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge GED or Equivalent
    Prep WorkYes, required.
  • Amazing BootCamp
    - 8/18/2017
    Zoe Larsen • Graduate

I was part of the first U OF U PROED FULL-TIME WEB DEVELOPMENT (summer 2017) cohort. I had a fully immersive learning experience that drove my programming skills beyond any self-taught or online course could offer. I moved from New Mexico to attend DevPoint Labs and stayed in the free housing that DevPoint offered. It was walking distance to Church and State and pleasant accommodations.

The course was taught by industry professionals who code every day for actual projects. It shows in the course work that is driven by current industry standards and trends. The two teachers offer different teaching styles which covered the course material from different aspects. I found this helped me gain a deeper understanding of core concepts. The course itself was adaptive to the class pace and updated throughout the summer to reflect the most current best-practices.

As with any educational course, you truly get out what you put in. Learn as much as you can before you start. Take advantage of how much knowledge and skill that the teachers and TAs have by asking deeper tier questions. Fully immerse yourself and surround yourself with peers in the cohort who are better programmers than you.

Overall I strongly recommend this boot camp. It has phenomenal instructors, supportive staff, and great course material.

• Marco • Analyst • Graduate

This was rather a different and challenging experience, even though it was a "Part Time" course. The instructors are active professional data scientists and wholeheartedly seek to leverage the best available tools to achieve optimal problem solving. They are not professional teachers and their curriculum is not limited to only a particular set of skills or tools, if needed they go beyond that list, the limit is the sky for them, which made this course a one in a life time opportunity for me to expand my knowledge and perspective regarding data science. Front Analytics, Alton Alexander who assisted as an instructor regularly is a pioneer in this extensive and extremely useful craftsmanship. He is also a successful entrepreneur, an honorable man and has mentored many. If you decide to take this class, I would recommend signing up asap and prepare as much as you can by covering what they list in the pre-work materials and if possible go beyond that. Specially get familiar with the basics of Python and the Command Line, you won’t regret once you get the hold of it, just like anything else, it takes some practice and passion. If you do the work, at the end of the course you’ll be a different person. Good Luck!

- 5/10/2017
    Sue Thurber • Digital Graphics Specialist • Graduate

Coding bootcamp at DevPoint was a huge dive into real world full-stack web development for me. It was a huge challenge and a lot of work but has paid off wonderfully well for me in advancing me in my current career and opening new doors to the future.

Very grateful for to Will & Nhi for their wonderful generosity in helping me with a womens scholarship towards the cost of the tuition as well as all their patience, tolerance and kindness in helping me understand some difficult concepts.

The teachers know their stuff and TA's are great, and always made me feel comfortable helping me with everything (no matter how stupid my questions may have been).

Thank you so much for everything!

Sue Thurber
    Digital Graphics Specialist,
    Access Development

• Rick Baker • Graduate

Before getting into the details as to why, let me first say that DevPoint Labs executed an outstanding learning experience. I have taken many technical training courses over the past decade and the part-time ReactJS course has been the best overall experience.

Now for some of the details as to why the DPL course excells. First and foremost is the competency of the instructors, Dave and Jake, who are both very knowledgable and most important are able to transfer that knowledge in a systematic and progressive approach. And they love this stuff and love to teach, which is contageous.

Of course this is a "bootcamp" which means information is coming at a very fast pace and there is a huge responsibility on the student to keep up with the pace. If you don't hit the class prepared by doing the pre-course assignments or have an equivilent knowledge then you are already playing catch up. You need to know some Javascript for sure.

I really liked how the instructors would take brief surveys at points through the course to get indicatiors of how the students were keeping up and where we wanted to go. My cohort wanted to have some additional time with React Native training, so Dave adjusted the course material over a weekend to adjust and fit the need.

I appreciated the fact that the instructors and staff weren't just trying to check off a few boxex and say that they taught us the concepts on the course list, but were intent on giving us the best possible learning experience with the content we wanted where possible.

In addition to the technical stuff, I really enjoyed working in various teams as we were given projects to complete through the course and eventually for the capstone project. And the teacher assistants were a huge help in getting past many of the challenges.

This was a huge challenge having to work full-time and then go straight to school until 9pm for four days a week (and a couple Saturdays) during the three months. It was awesome though and would do it all again.

Thanks DPL, it was great!

-Rick

• Valerie • Graduate

DevPoint Labs provides a structured, logical, and meaningful 11 week bootcamp course. I was surprised at how much I learned and was able to do on my own in a short amount of time. You definitely get what you put into this course! It was challengin,but there is so much help and assistance available to help you through your journey in the course. The instructors are very knowledgable and patient in their approach to teaching, and the TA's are always happy to help!

DevPoint Labs has built a positive and encouraging learning environment, and I'm very happy to be a part of the alumni. I would absolutley recommend DevPoint Labs to anyone who is looking to make a change!

• Jake S. • Full-stack PHP/Moodle Developer • Graduate

DevPoint Labs full-stack Ruby on Rails course is taught by two amazing coders and teachers.  That is a hard combination to come by, and Jake Source and Dave Jungst do a fantastic job of bringing you from zero to coding hero in a little less than 12 weeks.  It's intense and not for people who are not serious about changing their career paths. Despite the difficulty level, I garuntee that if you do take each day seriously and try your best anyone, I repeat, ANYONE, can come out on top.  I took the class in from February - April 2016 and my life has only improved as a result of the new skills I learned at DevPoint.  As an individual I am able to take a more analytical approach to problem-solving, and as an employee I have the skills needed to compete in a changing workforce.  If you are looking to change your career without the traditional 4 year degree, DevPoint is for you!

• Top Notch Program
    - 4/18/2017
    Andrew P. • Junior Web Developer • Graduate

I had a great time at DevPoint Labs getting the foundation I needed in order to become the person I wanted to be. Great instructors and support system ensure that you are well on your way to a great career.

• Lindsay • Graduate

I had a really incredible (and really difficult) time doing the full-time Ruby on Rails course.  If you are not expecting the course to be difficult, challenging, make-you-question-everything, this might not be the best fit for you.  If you think it will be worth the rewards you reap, then you're right!  I cannot believe how much I have learned and absorbed over the last 11 weeks.  And don't let the difficult part hold you back because DPL offers tons of support not only through teachers, TAs, and other staff, but also a wonderful network of alumni.  Dave and Jake are both incredible instructors and great complements to each other in their coding and teaching styles.  I look forward to remaining a part of this community.

• Great Bootcamp!
    - 4/9/2017
    Heidi • Graduate

No, you won't be able to retain every single thing you learn so quickly, but I'd guess what I did learn in 11 weeks would have taken me three or four years to learn on my own,  floundering around with online courses. Without DevPoint I wouldn't have gotten the big picture of how it all works together.

I left with a good concept of how to learn whatever coding skills I might need at a new job and something you can't put a price on- confidence. I did the evening course and there are two instructors. They are both very talented. They never got stumped or seemed like they were winging it. On top of that, it was obvious that they loved what they were doing.

Very positive and supportive environment. Plus the networking during and after the course really makes the difference in connecting you with a job after the course. Definitely recommend doing this over trying to do it on your own. Lots of diversity in age and gender in my cohort- don't be intimidated!! ;)

• Paul Carrillo • Graduate

I completed the After Hours Full-Stack JavaScript course at DevPointLabs. DPL has opened my mind to a complete new world and community that I wish I could have been part of earlier. The eleven week's were challenging, it has been one of the toughest thing's that I have ever done. I had to put in a lot of extra time and made a lot of sacrifices. It was hard, overwhelming but the knowledge that came from completing the course has re-directed my career path.

I would highly recommend DevPointLabs to anyone interested in becoming a developer. Dave and the whole staff are amazing. They are there help you along every single step. I am glad I had the opportunity to attend DevPointLabs and would not hesitate to go back.

• Best Decision
    - 1/15/2017
    Spencer • Graduate

I just completed the full-time Rails course at DPL and had a wonderful experience. I went into the course with only knowledge of HTML/CSS and found the course challenging and very rewarding. As I was thinking about making the decision to take the course I was worried that I may not be able to do well as logical concepts like math have always been difficult for me. Don't even worry about that. If programming interests you and/or you are tired of not knowing what to do with your life/career then I highly recommend DevPoint Labs. It isn't easy by any means. There were days the content felt so overwhelming I wanted to just give up and cry. However, I never gave up and just pushed through.

You will get what you put into it. I can honestly say I averaged 70+ hours a week and I absolutely do not regret it. If anything I regret not coding more!  I have now graduated and I feel like I have the foundation needed to get out there and get myself hired.

The staff is amazing. The instructors are extremely qualified and teach the content very well. The TAs are awesome, happy to help, and are a great resource. The community at DevPoint Labs is incredible too. Tons of alumni are there to mentor and help however they can. If you ever get stuck, and you will... a lot, there are always people there to help you figure it out.

Honestly, going to DevPoint Labs was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. It has given me a career path, friends, and a constant challenge. I highly recommend DPL to anyone wanting to learn programming.