DevPoint Labs is aimed at students with little to moderate experience in web development. To apply, candidates fill out the short application on the website, then chat with a staff member about their motivations. Once accepted students will need to complete pre-work before the first day of class.
Leading up to graduation, DevPoint Labs prepares students for finding a job with mock interviews, workshops, guest speakers, and a Launch Day to showcase their projects to potential employers. Full-time students at the University of Utah Professional Education program will receive a completion certificate. Part-time students at the University of Nevada will receive a UNLV Continuing Education certificate.
DevPoint Labs offers student housing to all out-of-state students on a first come, first serve basis. The house is located less than a mile from the campus, and comes furnished with all utilities paid for the duration of the camp.
Recent DevPoint Labs Reviews: Rating 4.86
Recent DevPoint Labs News
- How to Hire a Coding Bootcamp Grad
- How to Keep Learning After a Coding Bootcamp
- Episode 12: March 2017 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
In PersonPart Time9 Hours/week12 Weeks
Deposit $1,000 FinancingStudent loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union Scholarship Women In Tech Scholarship & Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
Minimum Skill Level Basic computer knowledge Prep Work Yes, required. Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $12,000 Class size 21 Location Las VegasPartnered with University of Nevada, Las Vegas - DevPoint Labs is powering a part-time web development coding bootcamp. This 24-week program is geared towards working individuals with a flexible schedule of nights and weekends. Learn from one of the top coding programs in the nation in the latest web development technologies and tools. Curated curriculum will cover full-stack web development.
Deposit $1,000 FinancingStudent Loans through MACU
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work Yes, required. Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week11 Weeks
Deposit $1,000 FinancingStudent loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union Scholarship Women In Tech & Opportunity In Tech Scholarships available.
Minimum Skill Level Basic computer knowledge GED or Equivalent Prep Work Yes, required. Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date None scheduled Cost $3,500 Class size 12 Location Salt Lake City*THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT OFFERED* Being able to express design ideas by utilizing sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes is a skill that is in increasingly high demand, and a requirement for any serious career in interactive design or product management. In this course, you’ll receive knowledge and skills in topics like: how to analyze business and usability requirements from a user perspective, drawing solutions with Sketch and best practices for common design patterns such as home pages, forms, search and navigation.
Deposit $1,000 FinancingStudent loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
Minimum Skill Level Basic computer knowledge & some design experience. Prep Work Yes Placement Test No Interview Yes
DevPoint Labs Reviews
128 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Great Experience- 11/10/2016Anonymous • Student • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City
- Couldn't be happier- 7/31/2018Michael Bach • Graduate • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City
DevPoint Labs in Salt Lake City, Utah was well worth the time and money. Before diving into the full-time course, I reached out to alumni, researched other options, and then made the plunge. I was, of course, a bit nervous about what the course would look like, and if it would be a worthwhile investment of both my time and resources. There is no way I could know what I know now without the instruction, experience, mentorship, and active alumni group present through DevPoint Labs. I still have many questions, and I don't know everything, but I know how to troubleshoot and find the answers I need to move toward success. The team and DevPoint will be there for you, support you, and work their tails off to ensure you get the most out of your experience. The limitations of this program are your time and your willingness to stay engaged and keep moving along and listen to those advising you.