DevPoint Labs is aimed at students with little to moderate experience in web development. To apply, candidates fill out the short application on the website, then chat with a staff member about their motivations. Once accepted students will need to complete pre-work before the first day of class.
Leading up to graduation, DevPoint Labs prepares students for finding a job with mock interviews, workshops, guest speakers, and a Launch Day to showcase their projects to potential employers.
Recent DevPoint Labs Reviews: Rating 4.82
Recent DevPoint Labs News
- LGBTQ+ Coding Bootcamp Scholarships & Resources in 2022
- How to Hire a Coding Bootcamp Grad
- How to Keep Learning After a Coding Bootcamp
OnlinePart Time9 Hours/week12 Weeks
Deposit $1,000 FinancingStudent loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union Tuition Plans Set up an appointment with the administration to go over the tuition plans available. Scholarship Women In Tech Scholarship & Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
Minimum Skill Level Basic computer knowledge Prep Work Yes, required. Placement Test No Interview Yes
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week11 Weeks
Deposit $1,000 FinancingStudent loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union Tuition Plans Talk with the administration to go over plans available for the course. Scholarship Women In Tech & Opportunity In Tech Scholarships available.
Minimum Skill Level Basic computer knowledge GED or Equivalent Prep Work Yes, required. Placement Test No Interview Yes
DevPoint Labs Reviews
155 reviews sorted by:
- DevPoint Labs a great decision!- 1/16/2017Erik B • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
I attended the Fall 2014 Full Stack Ruby on Rails cohort. I had minimal knowledge about programming and decided to change careers at this time. Previously I had a career in purchasing which had very little growth and was not as lucrative as programming was. After some research and meeting with the founders, I decided to attend DevPoint Labs.
The instructors and founders are very knowledgeable about programming and the different languages and frameworks that are out there. The class had different levels of students (entry to mid level). I never felt intimidated by any of the students or instructors since everyone was around the same skill level It was an intense 11 week bootcamp but it was fund, I learned a lot and was able to grow a network of programmers/friends from the boot camp.
Today I am enjoying a new career in software development with a great company. I now have the skills that will allow me to grow with a higher financial return.
DevPoint Labs was the way to go for me! I highly recommend DPL!
- Best career decision of my life!- 1/15/2017Alex • Student of DevPoint Labs • Student • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
I came into DevPoint Labs with very minimal coding experience and I was scared for my life that I wouldn't be able to hang with the pace of the coarse and the rest of my classmates. Jake and Dave did such an amazing job teaching everything in the curriculumn every day and the TAs were all very cool, nice, and helpful. My time at DevPoint was definitely the hardest time of my life, but because of the atmosphere and resources they offer, I was never overly stressed on a problem. I always got the help I needed and I know that I will always be able to go to them for any future assistance. DevPoint is definitely the best move I could have made to jumpstart my career path and I will always be thankful to everyone who works there who is now and will forever be a big part of my life. Highly recommend for everything thinking about which school to go to!
- Solid curriculum, amazing community!- 1/14/2017Cael J. • Graduate • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
I just completed the full-stack rails course at DevPoint Labs. It was a wonderful experience! I highly recommend dedicating your life to coding during your attendance here. One of the great things about DevPoint Labs is that the resources are readily available for you to take your knowledge as far as you can push yourself. Beyond the classroom, DevPoint Labs has created a large community of developers with an excellent feeling of camaraderie. I highly recommend DPL to anyone with a desire to learn how to code. I began with moderate coding experience in HTML and CSS (among other things), but I had a classmate who began with virtually zero coding experience, and both of us took full advantage of our time here and were both able to progress immensely into the world of web development. You are not guaranteed a job out of here, but they provide you with the tools necessary to go out and find your place in a development company.
- Lives Up to Every Expectation!- 11/2/2021Max Manayan • Front-End Engineer • Student • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake CityIn early 2021, I enrolled in DevPoint Labs’ Full-Time Boot Camp with hopes of becoming a professional web developer. Now, less than half a year after completing the boot camp, those dreams have become a reality and I can safely say that DevPoint Labs lives up to every expectation.The boot camp not only teaches students how to deploy their own full-stack web applications, but also sets students up with a strong foundation in web development. In this boot camp, students get experience developing full-stack projects in a team environment, which builds both the technical and “soft” skills necessary to work as a professional developer.
DevPoint Labs has a solid curriculum and many helpful events, but what makes this boot camp really shine is the people. The founders make a point to build relationships with every student, and the instructors and TAs are incredibly friendly and approachable. Furthermore, DevPoint Labs has built a tight-knit alumni network that is always ready to offer help to fellow graduates.Overall, this boot camp helped me build a strong foundation in web development, and accelerated my path to becoming a professional web developer. I cannot thank them enough.
- Honestly, One of my Best Decisions!- 2/13/2021Danielle D. • Graduate • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake CityI feel like I could write a novel about my experiences before,during, and after DevPoint Labs. Before DevPoint Labs I was actually a Microsoft Expert for Best Buy wanting to learn more about Web Development. I actually used Course Report to find a bootcamp to learn more and DevPoint popped up as highly recommended. After reading reviews I decided to give it a shot.
During the course I learned an incredible amount of information in such a short time period. It can be tough but my advice is stick to it persevere and it will pay off! All of the staff are extremely courteous and will help you out if you are needing the help! Do not be scared to ask questions or state that you need help. The teacher and teaching assistants are there to help you learn and are more than willing to take the time to explain things in further detail.
I highly encourage on the assignments to challenge yourself and do the bonus if you have the time. Or even going back after you submit to work on the bonus. The bonuses are there to push you and your skills to become a better developer so take those challenges!
One last piece of advice I could give is to give it your all. You are going to get out of it what you put into it. So do the best you can!
- From 0-60- 2/25/2020Austin Barnett(Oz) • Graduate • Course: Part-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake CityLet me start by saying why we are at all 5 stars in every category. The Instructors here are un-rivaled in teaching and instructing experience. If you are reading this, you might be curious about the class or wary about the cost among many other options you have to reach the end result of your goal. Why choose these Developers to teach you the force? Because by the end of your journey (And its a HARD one!!!) with them will you actually understand, recreate, and innovatively explore your actual realistic Career options in life come, talk to these guys/gals at DevPoint Labs. If you want to put action to your thoughts instead of just ponder on in curiosity. Enroll now to start your career now!
- Challenging but worth it!- 2/16/2020Keagan Barnes • Graduate • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City
- DevPoint is push you need!- 2/15/2020Abigail Mitchell • Graduate • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake CityI learned more in my three months at DevPoint Labs than I ever imagined I could. I went from knowing basic HTML and CSS to being able to create full production web applications using Ruby on Rails, React, JS, Postgres databases and more. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and always there for you. Everyone there wants to see you succeed! DevPoint gave me the structure, positivity, and communal learning environment I needed in order to turn this idea of becoming a software engineer into a my new career path. That being said, you will only get out what you put in. You MUST put in the extra hours and be able to motivate yourself!
- Highly Recommended!- 11/12/2019Travis Carter • Graduate • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City
I just got done with the Full-Time Fall 2019 course and it was great. Spencer was an awesome teacher and the class size was perfect enough to work with a variety of people but not get lost.
I went to DPL because it was rated as one of the top coding bootcamps in Utah and now I can see why. I have already recommended it to a couple of people.
- 100% worth your time and effort- 11/11/2019Koki Johnson • Graduate • Course: Part-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City
I was working a full time job, I’m a mom of 3, and I made it. I am also a recipient of one of their scholarships! Devpoint wants you to succeed and they give you the tools and structure you need. The teachers, TA’s, and other staff were so incredibly helpful and thoughtful with every step of this course. Just like everyone else says, you get what you put into this, and there will be times when you just don’t get it, but don’t give up! Your outcome depends on you. Thank you devpoint for an amazing experience!
- Totally Worth It- 9/5/2019Nicki • Graduate • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City
If you are serious about making a career out of web development and you are ready to commit the time and energy it is going to take to become hireable - DevPoint Labs' bootcamp is a wonderful and unbeatable first step and I highly recommend it.
As someone who tried to self-teach my way through web development (including a semester at SLCC), I can't stress enough how valuable having 3 months worth of material laid out for me was. Things flowed naturally, the instructor (Spencer) was an absolute pro at making very difficult material approachable, concepts built upon each other, and I graduated with enough knowledge to begin building my own projects, as well as a more defined way to tackle further learning. When I compare how much I learned in 3 months of self-teaching vs 3 months full time at DevPoint, it becomes abundantly clear that it was worth every penny (and all my weekends). It motivated me to code every single day - sometimes all day - and that's something I never felt at SLCC or while self-teaching. It sparked my passion and enthusiasm and gave me every avenue to pursue it.
That being said, a few words of advice (that DevPoint themselves will stress to students repeatedly): you get out what you put in. Even though it was a tough 3 months, I fully committed my time and energy to the course and I feel like that was my biggest success. I watched some students not apply themselves, browse YouTube during project time, never ask questions during lecture, and just generally work less hard ... and it showed. This course (much like the industry for which it is preparing you) is for self-starters, people who take initiative and accountability and those willing to earn their success. It's a huge undertaking and an impressive accomplishment.
Does taking this course guarantee you a developer job? Absolutely not, and if you believe that any bootcamp can guarantee to do that in 3 months, you are mistaken. But the amount of material that is covered is incredible, the learning path is clear, the help is there and with a bit more sweat, I'm confident I will find a position as a developer in my near future. I highly recommend this course.
- DevPoint is fun.- 9/4/2019Emma • Graduate • Course: U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development • Campus: Salt Lake City
I had a great experience at DevPoint Labs. I learned a lot, made some good friends, and transitioned my career into something that is a much better fit for me.
Here are some things DevPoint does well:
Safe Learning Environment: It’s a safe place to learn and ask dumb questions. My instructor fielded questions well. He balanced the wide range of ability well-translating the questions from advanced students so the newbie students could benefit from the answer as well. He also didn’t hesitate to review fundamentals when it was necessary.
Culture of Collaboration: Among my classmates there was much more of a culture of collaboration than of competition. Throughout the cohort I worked with almost every person in the class at least once, and I learned a lot from every experience. I may have just gotten lucky with a great cohort, but I think it has a lot to do with the leadership of the staff.
The instructors and TA’s are great. They are approachable, they know how to meet you where you are, and they will give you their undivided attention until you are ready to work on your own again. Also, the student to instructor ratio is like 4 or 5 to 1, so there is really no reason why you wouldn’t get the help you need.