devpoint-labs-logo

DevPoint Labs

Las Vegas, Provo, Salt Lake City

DevPoint Labs

DevPoint Labs teaches 11-week full-time and 11-week part-time full stack web development coding bootcamps in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Las Vegas, Nevada. The full-time class is part of the University of Utah Professional Education school, and covers HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, SQL, JavaScript, React, Redux, and more. The part-time class is available at the DevPoint Labs Salt Lake City campus and at the University of Nevada, and covers a very similar curriculum. DevPoint Labs' approach to learning combines pair programming with traditional lectures and a mix of group projects, lean methodologies, hackathons and one-on-one mentorship from instructors.

DevPoint Labs is aimed at students with little to moderate experience in web development. To apply, candidates fill out the short application on the website, then chat with a staff member about their motivations. Once accepted students will need to complete pre-work before the first day of class.

Leading up to graduation, DevPoint Labs prepares students for finding a job with mock interviews, workshops, guest speakers, and a Launch Day to showcase their projects to potential employers. Full-time students at the University of Utah Professional Education program will receive a completion certificate. Part-time students at the University of Nevada will receive a UNLV Continuing Education certificate.

DevPoint Labs offers student housing to all out-of-state students on a first come, first serve basis. The house is located less than a mile from the campus, and comes furnished with all utilities paid for the duration of the camp.

Recent DevPoint Labs Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (138) reviews for DevPoint Labs →

Recent DevPoint Labs News

Read all (24) articles about DevPoint Labs →
  • Part-time Web Development

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    LocationSalt Lake City
    This course puts a heavy focus on JavaScript, React, and front-end web development. We are one of the nation's highest reviewed program in accelerated web development with emphasis in the most desired and growing skills like javascript, react.js, git, mongodb, react native and more in web development. Even though the course is part-time, the pace is rigorous (bootcamp for a reason) and only for the motivated individuals that wants to gain skills that will add value to their career and life. Our campus is at Church & State co-working, a collaborative environment for students to get their CODE ON before and after class. Taught by industry experts, you'll learn from passionate instructors co-instructors, and TA's who are contributors & leaders in the development community. DevPoint Labs is unmatched in the nation when it comes to student experience, value, community, and advanced curriculum.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech Scholarship & Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge
  • UNLV Part-time Web Development Coding Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, Sinatra, Xcode, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Front End, Ruby, MVC, Agile, SQL
    LocationLas Vegas
    Partnered with University of Nevada, Las Vegas - DevPoint Labs is powering a part-time web development coding bootcamp. This 24-week program is geared towards working individuals with a flexible schedule of nights and weekends. Learn from one of the top coding programs in the nation in the latest web development technologies and tools. Curated curriculum will cover full-stack web development.
    Student Loans through MACU
  • U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Ruby, SQL
    LocationSalt Lake City
    In today's digital economy, coding skills are the most demanded across all types of careers and professions. Forbes and LinkedIn noted that those with full-stack web development skills dominate the pay scale and employer desirability. University of Utah Professional Education is excited to bring our students a full-time Web Development Certificate Program, powered by DevPoint Labs. DevPoint Labs was founded by University of Utah graduates as the first full-stack web development program in the state. This course will be held at the DevPoint Lab's Campus in downtown Salt Lake City, located in Church & State Co-working. This full-time, intensive program creates proficiency in back-end and front-end web development through hands on training. Learn multiple programming languages and programs centered around web development like HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, ReactJS, React Native, Git and more. https://devpointlabs.continue.utah.edu
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Opportunity In Tech Scholarships available.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge GED or Equivalent
  • User Experience Design

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationSalt Lake City
    *THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT OFFERED* Being able to express design ideas by utilizing sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes is a skill that is in increasingly high demand, and a requirement for any serious career in interactive design or product management. In this course, you’ll receive knowledge and skills in topics like: how to analyze business and usability requirements from a user perspective, drawing solutions with Sketch and best practices for common design patterns such as home pages, forms, search and navigation.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union

Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge & some design experience.
  • Great School
    - 5/26/2019
    Mike Moffitt • Graduate

I had a great experiance with Dev Point. I was working full time and did the after hours full dev course and highly recomend it to anyone. If you are like me and cant put things like a mortgage and bills on hold for 12 weeks to be able to do a full time boot camp, then Dev Point is the place for you. They taught me in 12 weeks what would have taken me years to learn on my own. Like others have said you get out what you put in and I did put in the time but it was well worth it.

• Great Coding Intro
    - 5/20/2019
    Brantley • Graduate

I was a student in the part time class. We covered a lot of material in a short time but it was a great introduction to multiple coding languages. More importantly they taught me how to think while coding. This class does not teach you everything you need to know to get a coding job in just 3 months but it does put you on the right trajectory. You will have to put in time outside of class, so make sure you are dedicated and disciplined. Like everything in life you get out what you put in. I'm glad I took the class to gain a stable coding foundation in a short amount of time.

• WORTH IT!
    - 5/16/2019
    Kate • Front End Developer • Graduate

I had the best experience taking the part-time course, but don't get me wrong, it's not easy taking night classes and working during the day. You really have to commit to showing up everyday AND doing the extra work whenever/whereever you can. Dev Point Labs offers all the resources you need to be successful and more. The TA's and instructors are very welcoming and willing to help answer any questions you have. They really do tough-it-out with you and will help you work through any sticking points, it's almost like having a personal tutor! They don't sugar-coat the experience either, they are very clear from day one that the course will take an extreme amount of work, and from my experience, they aren't kidding! If you are willing to put in the work, you will get a ton out of the course. They offer so many resources during and after the course and have really created a welcoming community. I can't say enough kind words about Dev Point Labs.

• Learning to Code
    - 5/15/2019
    Elizabeth King • Graduate

Yes it was tough. Yes it was trying. Yes it was the best experience i've had. DPL taught me everything I needed to know to get started in a career in coding! Tackling working and learning a new set of skills was difficult, and at times I wondered if I would ever get the grasp on what I felt I needed to know, but the instructors were always there to answer any questions I had and to give me the extra help when I did't quite understand something. If I had to do it over again, i would still go to DPL every time.

• Jaxon Porter • Graduate

DevPoint Labs is extraordinary. They really go out of their way to work with and help you to learn what you need to learn to get you a start into the industry. It is a difficult but well worth it challenge. I would recommend DevPoint to anyone.

• Nathan Swift • Graduate

DevPoint was an amazing experience for me and everyone in my cohort. They do not lie it’s challenging but worth every penny of the investment. I saw a one star comment on here of a frustrated student who didn’t get a job. The program never guarantees a job and they say that from the beginning, yet if you apply yourself to the program you should have no problem finding a job with the skill set you gain from DPL. I have had three interviews, a well paid freelance client and felt prepared for each one and this is only my second week out of DPL. DevPoint is epic. Nhi and his team are the best in Utah and I’d be willing to bet the best all around (they’re in the top 50 schools in the nation). My advice - don’t waste your time with unaccredited dev bootcamps and go with the University of Utah’s certified program. I’d trust them over any dev school pop up. They have a set curriculum that is truly geared to teaching you what you need to know and you will leave feeling like you have a support system in the dev world. I still go back and say hi all the time, and if I’m working downstairs the staff comes up to me. Don’t pay for a program, pay for a program with a team behind you ready to help you excel that actually gives a shit about your life. DevPoint is top of the line!

• Jace Gold • Graduate

I took the Full-Time course from DevPoint Labs a while ago and just realized I totally forgot to leave a review.

The course was absolutely fantastic! Great staff, TA's, Instructors, and Administration all worked tirelessly to help us learn not only how to code, but how to think like a developer for whatever languages we eventually end up using and supported their students every step of the way, including after graduation through a network to gain mentorship as well as being a mentor to nearly 600 others and past/present staff.

The unique approach that DevPoint applied to their teaching methods ensures that topics covered stick with you quicker than any other learning method I've used throughout all my years of schooling. They also update their curriculum as soon as new updates to any language in their stack or new methods of doing something become available, sometimes the night before a class is taught. I've never seen anyone be so quick with keeping their curriculum up to date!

The decision to go to DevPoint Labs was very last minute as I was looking for a new career. I dropped everything for three months and it was by far the best decision I have ever made. Having gone to college for Digital Media (graphics design, video production, audio engineering, and basic web development), I feel that those skills on top of what I have learned and continue to learn from DevPoint puts me in a position I could have never dreamt of prior to joining the program. Plus I got a certification from the University of Utah!

I highly recommend DevPoint Labs to anyone looking to change their career for the better. Coding isn't as hard as you'd think. The thought process and thinking like a developer is, and they teach you that wonderfully here!

• Cathy Callow-Heusser • CEO, co-founder • Graduate

I have a computer science degree from the early 80s, but it had been 20 years since I'd done much programming--long before the advent of today's web-based applications. I attended DevPoint Labs/U of Utah Full Stack Web Development bootcamp. I chose DevPoint Labs in part because of the U of U professional development certificate associated with the course, but also because I was awarded the woman's scholarship!

DevPoint's bootcamp provided a great "big picture" look at the languages, libraries and tools used for full stack web development. We also got lots of hands-on experience coding assignments, group projects, and "challenge" opportunities. By the end of the bootcamp, I could build applications using cutting-edge libraries and software tools, and I knew more than enough to be dangerous in understanding other languages and libraries that we didn't explicitely use in class. I gained a strong understanding of how front- and back-end coding fit together, what tools help with coding and debugging, and how to deploy a web-based application.

Coding bootcamps aren't for everyone. You need to be a self-started and independent learner with strong motivation to complete daily assignments--so you don't get too far behind. You need to be able to commit 12-14 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, to completing assignments and learning the skills necessary to become a junior developer. That said, DevPoint's bootcamp gave me the skills I needed to do the things I wanted to do -- start a business, develop apps (2 on the market already), and obtain grants to fulfill the dreams I've had for a long time -- coding applications fior social good. We just received our first Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant to develop a sofftware as a service (SaaS) application. I couldn't have written a convincing proposal for this project without the upskilling and coding skills I learned at DevPoint.

Would I do it again? Glad I don't have to. The intensity of a 12-week bootcamp is challenging. But I'm so glad I was able to attend DevPoint when I did, start a new business, hire other jr. devs who attended DevPoint, and fulfull dreams. A great use of my time to ensure I can end my career by doing the things I"ve wanted to do for a long time. Thanks, DevPoint Labs!

• Robert

The amount of information you will recieve here is overwhelming. More than just material that you can find almost anywhere, you learn a sort of thought process for how to create web applications.

If you are completely new to coding, you will definitely feel overwhelmed, but the instuctors and assitants will be more than happy to sit down and help you out.

The world of web development is one that is vastly more complex due to the variety of solutions available and in use. However I feel that the information and experience that is conveyed from this course is quite valuable. Having attended other training institutions, I can say that what I learned at DevPoint greatly improved my ability to learn and develop.

The course is comprised of long hours and an overwhelming amount of information, but is definitely worth it. If I could do it all over again, I would wish that I had a more solid understanding of JavaScript, but beyond that, this program was great and the atmosphere was relaxed.

• Amber • Student

I came to Utah looking to reboot my career as a web developer but not really knowing the web development schools in Salt Lake. I did a lot of research reading course reviews and what I liked about DevPoint was the sense of community from past students and the feeling that they are never alone after they graduate. After recently going through the program I am seeing it first hand! I was provided with access to resources on not only everything I learned in the program but will also have access to any new content as well. I am part of a continuing slack channel where I can reach out with questions any time. The course itself is challenging but very rewarding!! Dave, the instructor, is amazing at breaking down difficult concepts up to make them easier to understand. He is experienced and very knowledgable not only about the skills you learn but also the web development industry in Salt Lake.  The TA's are great! They don't just give you the answer but help lead you in the right direction to figure it out so you learn more effectively. The staff is awesome and always there to help you out whenever you need it. Overall the best choice to learn web development in Salt Lake!!

• Liz House • Graduate

DevPoint was an exceptional experience. Everything was well thought out from the pre-course work, to the class content, to the Portfolio Project where we got real life experience working with on a client's project. I didn't have any experience in development before this class and that was never seen as an issue, these guys set their students up for success as much as they possibly can. Each students gets out what they are willing to put in and it is worth the work to give it your all.

I highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to break into web development, I wanted to start a new career and this was the perfect jumping off point. Even after graduation I continue to be blown away by DevPoint Labs. They welcome all their students back for hack-a-thons and refresher courses and they are always happy to see their graduates.

• Justin Stoddard • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

This course changes your life. You literally go from maybe knowing a little code to all you need to know to get a job and have a successful career for the rest of your life.

I'm writing this only a few days after the course and have already landed a job. That in itself should be proof to sign up and change your life. This course is hard but its worth it. You sacrifice 11 weeks of your life so you can spend the rest of your life financially free. Don't be afraid of the instructors either. They all take extreme care in making sure you understand every bit of code and do so in a way that inst condescending. You truly gain a true education in this field through Our Lord And Savior DevPoint Labs. Hi Tyson.