devpoint-labs-logo

DevPoint Labs

Las Vegas, Salt Lake City

DevPoint Labs

DevPoint Labs teaches 11-week full-time and 11-week part-time full stack web development coding bootcamps in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Las Vegas, Nevada. The full-time class is part of the University of Utah Professional Education school, and covers HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, SQL, JavaScript, React, Redux, and more. The part-time class is available at the DevPoint Labs Salt Lake City campus and at the University of Nevada, and covers a very similar curriculum. DevPoint Labs' approach to learning combines pair programming with traditional lectures and a mix of group projects, lean methodologies, hackathons and one-on-one mentorship from instructors.

DevPoint Labs is aimed at students with little to moderate experience in web development. To apply, candidates fill out the short application on the website, then chat with a staff member about their motivations. Once accepted students will need to complete pre-work before the first day of class.

Leading up to graduation, DevPoint Labs prepares students for finding a job with mock interviews, workshops, guest speakers, and a Launch Day to showcase their projects to potential employers. Full-time students at the University of Utah Professional Education program will receive a completion certificate. Part-time students at the University of Nevada will receive a UNLV Continuing Education certificate.

DevPoint Labs offers student housing to all out-of-state students on a first come, first serve basis. The house is located less than a mile from the campus, and comes furnished with all utilities paid for the duration of the camp.

Recent DevPoint Labs Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (150) reviews for DevPoint Labs →

Recent DevPoint Labs News

Read all (24) articles about DevPoint Labs →
  • Part-time Web Development

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    LocationSalt Lake City
    This course puts a heavy focus on JavaScript, React, and front-end web development. We are one of the nation's highest reviewed program in accelerated web development with emphasis in the most desired and growing skills like javascript, react.js, git, mongodb, react native and more in web development. Even though the course is part-time, the pace is rigorous (bootcamp for a reason) and only for the motivated individuals that wants to gain skills that will add value to their career and life. Our campus is at Church & State co-working, a collaborative environment for students to get their CODE ON before and after class. Taught by industry experts, you'll learn from passionate instructors co-instructors, and TA's who are contributors & leaders in the development community. DevPoint Labs is unmatched in the nation when it comes to student experience, value, community, and advanced curriculum.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech Scholarship & Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge
  • UNLV Part-time Web Development Coding Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, Sinatra, Xcode, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Front End, Ruby, Agile, SQL, MVC
    LocationLas Vegas
    Partnered with University of Nevada, Las Vegas - DevPoint Labs is powering a part-time web development coding bootcamp. This 24-week program is geared towards working individuals with a flexible schedule of nights and weekends. Learn from one of the top coding programs in the nation in the latest web development technologies and tools. Curated curriculum will cover full-stack web development.
    Student Loans through MACU
  • U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Ruby, SQL
    LocationSalt Lake City
    In today's digital economy, coding skills are the most demanded across all types of careers and professions. Forbes and LinkedIn noted that those with full-stack web development skills dominate the pay scale and employer desirability. University of Utah Professional Education is excited to bring our students a full-time Web Development Certificate Program, powered by DevPoint Labs. DevPoint Labs was founded by University of Utah graduates as the first full-stack web development program in the state. This course will be held at the DevPoint Lab's Campus in downtown Salt Lake City, located in Church & State Co-working. This full-time, intensive program creates proficiency in back-end and front-end web development through hands on training. Learn multiple programming languages and programs centered around web development like HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, ReactJS, React Native, Git and more. https://devpointlabs.continue.utah.edu
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Opportunity In Tech Scholarships available.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge GED or Equivalent
  • User Experience Design

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationSalt Lake City
    *THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT OFFERED* Being able to express design ideas by utilizing sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes is a skill that is in increasingly high demand, and a requirement for any serious career in interactive design or product management. In this course, you’ll receive knowledge and skills in topics like: how to analyze business and usability requirements from a user perspective, drawing solutions with Sketch and best practices for common design patterns such as home pages, forms, search and navigation.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union

Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge & some design experience.
  • Matt Snow  User Photo
    Matt Snow • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

It's difficult to compare one programming school to another, because there aren't many people who attend more than one.  I will say this, though: I was very pleased with my experience at DevPoint Labs.

The instruction is nothing short of top notch.  There are people in this world that are good at programming, there are people who are good with people, and there are people who are passionate about what they do.  The list of people that possess all three of these traits is very short, but Dave and Jake are both on it.  The effort that they put into writing and delivering lectures is easily apparent to anybody enrolled in the course.

Signing up for this course by no means guarantees that you will become a competent programmer.  You will get out of it what you put into it.  If you put in a minimal effort, you will exit with minimal skills.  However, if you put your life on hold for 11 weeks and dedicate yourself to becoming the best programmer you can, the team at DevPoint will do everything in their power to help you.  Nobody at this school is a 9-5er just counting the hours until they can go home.  They are all here to help you in whatever way they can.  There were multiple instances where I would reach out to an instructor or TA for help, either in the middle of the night or on a weekend, and I was never left hanging.  They're not doing just doing this for a paycheck, they're doing it because they have a passion for it and they want to share that passion.

If you're looking for something easy, I would not recommend DevPoint to you.  But if you're looking for a quality intro into a very complex field, you have found it.

• Gavyn  User Photo
    Gavyn • Front End Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Two months after I served a two year mission I started the Full Stack Dev course and it literally changed my life! I had always known I wanted to program but I didnt know what I wanted to do or where to start. Before, I had learned a little bit of coding from youtube and highschool classes but never retained anything I learned. When I took this course it was as they say, drinking from a fire hose. It was fast paced, it was hard and it was fun!

The classes are organized in a way that set you up for success, they are structured in a way not only to help you learn but also to retain what you learn and help you get ready to get out into an industry that is always changing! Everything they do is up to date and you dont have to worry about not knowing whats new getting out into real world, which is something you cant say with college!

Not only do they help you get ready to get out into the real world but they help get out into the real world. I got my current job less than a month later and have been here over a year and literally love it, and I wouldnt be here if I wouldnt have gone to DevPoint! Taking the course was literally the best thing for my life! Im not one that does well or learns in a college/school setting and this is what I needed to start my career! Its worth every minute and penny spent, Id recommend going here in a heart beat 10/5 start rating from me!

• Daniel Simmonds  User Photo
    Daniel Simmonds • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I took the DevPoint Labs Full Stack Development Course, which is now a U of U certified PROED course. I absolutely loved DevPoint Labs and my time learning there! The instructors know the most recent and relevant coding practices and are always willing to help when you have any question. I took this course less than a year after graduating high school and it was the smartest decision I have made! Less than 3 months after graduating I got the perfect job that I wanted and I am happily programming every day now! Going to DevPoint Labs isn't just a smart career move, it's the smartest education move. If you go to DevPoint Labs, you won't be dissapointed, with all the support and help you get from previous students, the amazing teachers and TA's will always be there even after you graduate! I recommend DevPoint Labs completely, it is one of the smartest decisions you can make. If you have any hesitation, just reach out to them and I know they will help you without a problem!

• Great School!!
    - 4/18/2017
    Nathan   User Photo
    Nathan • Student Verified via GitHub

Just completed the full stack web development course and am very happy with my experience. It was a lot of information but was laid out in a very logical way that allowed my skills to build rapidly. With the help of the staff at DevPoint Labs, I went from knowing very little about HTML and CSS to deploying full functioning applications to the web using Ruby on Rails and React.js. I felt DevPoint Labs provided me with a very supportive atmosphere during my 11 week course and taught me a curriculum that made me confident and qualified enough to apply for a junior developer job. I definitely recommned attending this school over the other options SLC has to offer.

• Rachel  User Photo
    Rachel • UI/UX Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

It is called a bootcamp for a reason so be prepared to work. However, I was impressed with how much quicker I learned the concepts in a bootcamp format. I had tried learning JavaScript for 2-3 year on my own with tutorials but only got so far. In 11 weeks, I was able to understand the entire picture and use what I was learning immediately at work.

I currently work for a University and I chose a bootcamp because Universities often have curriculum that is 2 years old, which is not very helpful in the tech industry. For gaining hands on skills in what employers are currently looking for, I could not recommend DevPoint Labs enough. The Instructors are very up-to-date and the TA's are very helpful. Also, never underestimate the power of going to a physical classroom and learning with people in-person. It really excellerated my learning, just like I was hoping for.

• Jacob Fowles  User Photo
    Jacob Fowles • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A year ago to the day I quit my job as an Investment Banker of 10 years. I'd always wanted to learn code and I knew time was running. I'd done my research and felt DevPoint was the best place possible for me to complete a bootcamp.

I took a huge risk with quitting my job. It wasn't the smartest decision I've made and I would never recommend anyone up and quitting without serious thought.

DevPoint did an amazing job turning me into a developer. Both Dave and Jake were nothing short of brilliant in educating me. On top of that, they employed TA's that were knowledgable and patient (you da man Christian). Attending DevPoint will always remain one of the best experiences I've had. I'm now employed at a creative design agency in Salt Lake City and couln't be happier with my career change.

It took me over 3 months to find a job. There are a few things I didn't do during my cohort that affected me getting a job sooner. The biggest was not attending Meetups. Do yourself a favor and attend everyone of them. Become a face in the Ruby and Javascipt communities and your job search will become much easier.

• Randy V.  User Photo
    Randy V. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Part Time Web Development Course and it was worth every penny. The course was well structured and provided us with the necessary tools to learn JavaScript. It can be overwhelming at times and you won't understand the information as it is being taught but over time, you will understand the material. The instructors and TA were the best part of the course. Dave and Jake are both amazing senior software engineers and they teaches you technologies that are being used currently. They are constantly updating the content and I've never seen anyone so passionate about coding!

• Bryan H  User Photo
    Bryan H • Senior Art Director / UX Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Full Stack Javascript course at DevPoint Labs. It was incredibly challenging and satisfying. The curriculum was difficult but there was always consistent and relevant support from the instructors, the TAs as well as the active mentors. I would do it again.

• Erik B  User Photo
    Erik B • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Fall 2014 Full Stack Ruby on Rails cohort.  I had minimal knowledge about programming and decided to change careers at this time. Previously I had a career in purchasing which had very little growth and was not as lucrative as programming was.  After some research and meeting with the founders, I decided to attend DevPoint Labs.

The instructors and founders are very knowledgeable about programming and the different languages and frameworks that are out there. The class had different levels of students (entry to mid level). I never felt intimidated by any of the students or instructors since everyone was around the same skill level  It was an intense 11 week bootcamp but it was fund, I learned a lot and was able to grow a network of programmers/friends from the boot camp.

Today I am enjoying a new career in software development with a great company. I now have the skills that will allow me to grow with a higher financial return.

DevPoint Labs was the way to go for me! I highly recommend DPL!

• Alex   User Photo
    Alex • Student of DevPoint Labs • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I came into DevPoint Labs with very minimal coding experience and I was scared for my life that I wouldn't be able to hang with the pace of the coarse and the rest of my classmates. Jake and Dave did such an amazing job teaching everything in the curriculumn every day and the TAs were all very cool, nice, and helpful. My time at DevPoint was definitely the hardest time of my life, but because of the atmosphere and resources they offer, I was never overly stressed on a problem. I always got the help I needed and I know that I will always be able to go to them for any future assistance. DevPoint is definitely the best move I could have made to jumpstart my career path and I will always be thankful to everyone who works there who is now and will forever be a big part of my life. Highly recommend for everything thinking about which school to go to!

• Cael J.  User Photo
    Cael J. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just completed the full-stack rails course at DevPoint Labs.  It was a wonderful experience!  I highly recommend dedicating your life to coding during your attendance here.  One of the great things about DevPoint Labs is that the resources are readily available for you to take your knowledge as far as you can push yourself.  Beyond the classroom, DevPoint Labs has created a large community of developers with an excellent feeling of camaraderie.  I highly recommend DPL to anyone with a desire to learn how to code.  I began with moderate coding experience in HTML and CSS (among other things), but I had a classmate who began with virtually zero coding experience, and both of us took full advantage of our time here and were both able to progress immensely into the world of web development.  You are not guaranteed a job out of here, but they provide you with the tools necessary to go out and find your place in a development company.