devpoint-labs-logo

DevPoint Labs

Las Vegas, Provo, Salt Lake City

DevPoint Labs

DevPoint Labs teaches 11-week full-time and 11-week part-time full stack web development coding bootcamps in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Las Vegas, Nevada. The full-time class is part of the University of Utah Professional Education school, and covers HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, SQL, JavaScript, React, Redux, and more. The part-time class is available at the DevPoint Labs Salt Lake City campus and at the University of Nevada, and covers a very similar curriculum. DevPoint Labs' approach to learning combines pair programming with traditional lectures and a mix of group projects, lean methodologies, hackathons and one-on-one mentorship from instructors.

DevPoint Labs is aimed at students with little to moderate experience in web development. To apply, candidates fill out the short application on the website, then chat with a staff member about their motivations. Once accepted students will need to complete pre-work before the first day of class.

Leading up to graduation, DevPoint Labs prepares students for finding a job with mock interviews, workshops, guest speakers, and a Launch Day to showcase their projects to potential employers. Full-time students at the University of Utah Professional Education program will receive a completion certificate. Part-time students at the University of Nevada will receive a UNLV Continuing Education certificate.

DevPoint Labs offers student housing to all out-of-state students on a first come, first serve basis. The house is located less than a mile from the campus, and comes furnished with all utilities paid for the duration of the camp.

Recent DevPoint Labs Reviews: Rating 4.87

all (127) reviews for DevPoint Labs →

Recent DevPoint Labs News

Read all (24) articles about DevPoint Labs →
  • Part-time Web Development

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    LocationSalt Lake City
    This course puts a heavy focus on JavaScript, React, and front-end web development. We are one of the nation's highest reviewed program in accelerated web development with emphasis in the most desired and growing skills like javascript, react.js, git, mongodb, react native and more in web development. Even though the course is part-time, the pace is rigorous (bootcamp for a reason) and only for the motivated individuals that wants to gain skills that will add value to their career and life. Our campus is at Church & State co-working, a collaborative environment for students to get their CODE ON before and after class. Taught by industry experts, you'll learn from passionate instructors co-instructors, and TA's who are contributors & leaders in the development community. DevPoint Labs is unmatched in the nation when it comes to student experience, value, community, and advanced curriculum.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech Scholarship & Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge
  • UNLV Part-time Web Development Coding Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, Xcode, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Front End, Ruby, MVC, Agile
    LocationLas Vegas
    Partnered with University of Nevada, Las Vegas - DevPoint Labs is powering a part-time web development coding bootcamp. This 24-week program is geared towards working individuals with a flexible schedule of nights and weekends. Learn from one of the top coding programs in the nation in the latest web development technologies and tools. Curated curriculum will cover full-stack web development.
    Student Loans through MACU
  • U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Ruby
    LocationSalt Lake City
    In today's digital economy, coding skills are the most demanded across all types of careers and professions. Forbes and LinkedIn noted that those with full-stack web development skills dominate the pay scale and employer desirability. University of Utah Professional Education is excited to bring our students a full-time Web Development Certificate Program, powered by DevPoint Labs. DevPoint Labs was founded by University of Utah graduates as the first full-stack web development program in the state. This course will be held at the DevPoint Lab's Campus in downtown Salt Lake City, located in Church & State Co-working. This full-time, intensive program creates proficiency in back-end and front-end web development through hands on training. Learn multiple programming languages and programs centered around web development like HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, ReactJS, React Native, Git and more. https://devpointlabs.continue.utah.edu
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Opportunity In Tech Scholarships available.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge GED or Equivalent
  • User Experience Design

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationSalt Lake City
    *THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT OFFERED* Being able to express design ideas by utilizing sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes is a skill that is in increasingly high demand, and a requirement for any serious career in interactive design or product management. In this course, you’ll receive knowledge and skills in topics like: how to analyze business and usability requirements from a user perspective, drawing solutions with Sketch and best practices for common design patterns such as home pages, forms, search and navigation.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union

Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge & some design experience.

• Patrick Marshall • PHP/SQL Developer • Graduate

To preface, I attended the Full-Stack Rails course (not the JS like it says), but this review and the space allotted will not do justice for how amazing that I believe DevPoint Labs to be. Writing as a recent graduate who quit his job in a completely different field, moved to a different region of the U.S., took a chance on DevPoint Labs praying it would work out every step of the way, and is now comfortably 3 months into his job as a PHP and SQL developer, I can say that I owe everything I have achieved thus far to what that I learned and who I met at DPL. To start—the teaching staff. Jake Sorce and Dave Jungst were two of the most knowledgeable, understanding, and passionate instructors I had ever met in any given industry. Even amongst all of the trivial questions thrown their way, or the countless hours they invested back into students learning outside of the classroom, they both still remained incredibly patient, passionate, and caring for every lost student in the classroom. Most of us came in with little to no background in out cohort (including me), but they emphasized the pre-course work as your most beneficial tool, and my cohort seemed to have taken that to heart.

Next: the curriculum was organized in such a way that it was meant to push you, but down a thought process that most are not used to thinking—like that of a developer. The constant push was to not focus so much on the languages being taught and the syntax that exists in just those specific languages, but the thought process that occurs while solving those problems. This has proven to most valuable piece of information that I took away from the class and it alone allowed me to sell myself better when I got out. Thankfully, that didn’t long at all. I met my future employer on the Launch Night that DPL puts on every cohort to showcase our capstone projects. So, if you read before that people land jobs on Launch Night, and you are still somehow a skeptic, contact me and we will chat.

DPL provided everything that I needed to successfully transition into not just an industry that I had no background in, but to work daily in languages that I wasn’t ever specifically trained in as well. I can’t stress how well DevPoint is at providing the intangibles that you need, but there are many proven cases that prove this for me already. I would recommend choosing DevPoint time and time again.

• Taylor Wu • JavaScript Developer • Graduate

After my Spring 2016 semester ended I was wondering what I can do over the summer. I decided to take the Ruby on Rails course and it was honestly one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Coming in to the course I thought it was going to simple web developement that can compliment my IS degree at the U. The instuctors teaching styles are very distinct from one another and its great to be able to learn from these different teaching styles. This course gave me a passion in web development, I was hungry to learn more after the course, so after the course I became a TA(Teaching Assistant) at DevPoint Labs and started taking the JavaScript course during the night time. The JavaScript course made me want to work towards front-end development. Currently I am a full-time student at the U, also I'm the TA for the Ruby on Rails and JavaScript course. I will graduate in the Spring of 2017 and hopefully I will be able to find a full time developing job after that.

• Great investment
    - 10/13/2016
    Phil Walker • Software Developer • Student

I decided to attend Dev Point 2 years ago after years of trying to work my way into a programming position at my previous job. It was the best professional decision I've made. If you work hard, and I mean hard, and devote yourself, then it will pay off. The staff genuinely cares that you succeed and will give you a lot of help after the course.

Be aware, this isn't a guarantee for getting hired. The job market, especially if you're in Utah where DPL is located, is tough for junior developers. But this is a great way to get started and become involved with the community.

• Rachel Prows • Graduate

One of my biggest hesitations about quitting my job to attend a bootcamp was just the initial investment. However, having gone through the course I can say that it is 100% worth it.  I looked into several other local programs and felt that DevPoint was the best fit for me. I liked the culture, the location, and the technologies that were being taught. The intsructors are super knowledgable and are really great about helping students navigate their way through the course work. I loved that the Rails course had 2 intrusctors with different styles. I was able to learn a ton from both of them and appreciated the variety. I had no coding experience prior to starting at DPL and now feel very ready for the job market. I think that the thing I valued most about my experience is that the education went beyond just learning the technologies. There a heavy emphasis on learning to think like developers. We are taught to be problem solvers. I think that helps set the graduates of DPL apart from other candidates in the job search. The learning environment is fun and supportive. The staff are cool and want their students to succeed and are willing to go out of their way to ensure that happens. They also have someone designated to help students with LinkedIn profiles, resumes, and networking. I would not hesitate recommending DPL to anyone.

• GAMECHANGER!
    - 9/14/2016
    Charles David Brown • AWS Engineer • Student

I've been into computers in many ways as we all have in this tech direction, but DPL is a school that took my dreams and life seriously to make sure my needs were met, and asked me how they could assit me, and that was a wrap! I felt DPL had all the tools to polish my already deep knowledge in tech and transform my 'in my head coding career' not only into a salary, but a career direction that could go 'full steam ahead'. I'm about to graduate in just a few weeks, and already have the confidence to apply for work, and I feel very confident I could actually 'do this'. I'm already employed, and have three paid consutlant projects off the ground. I could not have done this without DevPointLabs and there amazing staff!

• Jake Day Williams • Ruby on Rails Developer • Graduate

The good: You'll want to read this.

I took DevPoint Lab's Full Stack Ruby on Rails course and was blown away by the rigour and thought put into their curriculum. I've taken lots of online programming courses. DevPoint's curriculum is superior in every way.

Sidenote: I make a living teaching online. I always thought a bootcamp wasn't neccessary. Hellboy was I wrong. I learned more in one week at DevPoint than I have in two years of learning on my own. The instructors (Dave Jungst and Jake Sorce) are veteran and are actively creating world class products being paid for and used by real people. (Not those fake people you see on Glee. Although I love me some Glee.)

Now get this: Not only do they have real developers teaching this stuff, they have at least half a dozen TA's that are there Every. Single. Day. that helped me whenever the intstructors were with others. I'm not sure when or if they ever go home. But they're a fantastic resource that as far as I know no other school or bootcamp provides.

Hackathons. Oh, you thought 9:30 - 5:30 Monday - Friday for 12 weeks was plenty? No, they also have weekend hackathons where they provide breakfast and lunch that all the DevPoint Labs Alumni come to. Now that I'm done with the course I get to keep using those hackathons as a learning and networking resource. (Keep it on the DL in case they decide to start asking us to chip in on the meals.)

Now I know what you're wondering my dear reader. Did I get a job as a programmer after I finished the course? No. No I did not. I got a job as a programmer two weeks before I finished the course. I rocked my...  no, I Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnsoned every new hire test and whiteboard interview. I channeled my inner SQL and injected myself right into the workforce.

The bad:

The cereal dispenser. How many must we break before an industrial one is bought? I believe this is a game at this point. Someday someone will find a closet full of broken cereal dispensers and make a Franken-Dispenser out of them. You've brought this upon yourselves.

The coffee maker: It's like the coffeeshop owners accross the street sneak in at night and jack it up so it won't filter. "Yeah, you're gonna have to buy coffee from us now."  If it's not them it's the Mormon students. Trying to lead us down the path of rightousness.

Conclusion:
    I recommend DevPoint Labs because I know you will too once you're done with their program. Just look at the other reviews. The data is clear.

• DevPoint
    - 3/1/2016
    Corey • Graduate

It was a great learning experience that DevPoint offers.  It is very intense, and in depth knowledge of what people are using to make apps and website in this day and age. The TA's were great in helping us when you are stuck on a problem and everyone is friendly.

• Brian Phelps • Graduate

Attending DevPoint Labs was a great decision for me. I went into the school with virtually no experience with computere code and left being able to make and design web pages. It was a great decision for me coming out of college to choose. Graduated just a few weeks ago - and still keeping up with  code I've been working on. Highly recommend.

• Anonymous • Applicant

I never ended up attending Devpoint, but I thought I'd make others aware of what I experienced because I had only read positive reviews on Devpoint. My interview was rescheduled 3 separate times, all last minute. There was no technical interview when I finally did speak with one of the co-owners and I was accepted 2 weeks later, after being told I would hear back in a week. I do not live in Utah, but was ready to relocate to attend the cohort I was accepted into. All I needed was the smallest effort from the owners to send me a single document to obtain a loan from their partners, which they were not even aware of the conditions. One of the co-owners repetedly told me that I couldn't get a loan because I lived out of Utah, but my loan processor told me I certainly could. After finally being told I would be e-mailed the document, I never heard from anyone at Devpoint again. I gave up at that point, too stressful dealing with lack of communication and being left in the dark. Perhaps the program is great, I cannot say anything about that or the instructors, but I do feel this is worth noting for future applicants. I hate to be a downer and I am a very understanding person in most situations, but I was honestly offended by the lack of effort I experienced while working with Devpoint Labs.

Response From: Ty Diamse of DevPoint Labs
    Title: Founder
    Wednesday, Feb 24 2016
    Hi Anonymous,

First, I would like to apologize for your poor experience with the application process. It sounds like we had some issues on our end and I can assure you this is not a typical experience. I'm glad you brought up the issue with our financing partner. We will address this with them and clear up their financing requirements. You're right there is no technical interview. We actually focus on the individuals soft skills while considering candidates. We're very good at teaching students the hard skills, but teaching someone the right soft skills is a little more difficult.

If there is anything we can do for you please email me directly at Ty [@] devpointlabs.com.

Thanks,
    -Ty

• Anonymous • business analyst ; agile transformation coach • Graduate

I did some extensive competetive analysis prior to applying at DevPointLabs. Their program appeared to offer the very best value in the market. We all hear how looking back in the rear view mirror is always 20/20. Well now I can say with absolute conviction, my analysis proved out in spades. My experience at DevPointLabs was beyond even my somewhat quixotic expectations. I experienced full engagement and support from the entire administration right on through the teaching staff. I sincerely appreciated the "up-front" authenticity and candor, as the administrators enumerated the level of rigor associated with this course. The full-stack rails course is suited for people commited to putting forth a level of focused effort beyond most other endeavors.

• Jen Baguley • Graduate

Going to DevPoint was one of the best decisions I've made for myself and my career. The teachers were incredibly knowledgeable, and I learned a great deal in a short amount of time. The support provided during the program and after is unmatched. I had a full time job offer within weeks of finishing the class. Definitely a great place to be.

• Brayden Green • Student • Student

I am in the Full Stack class and it is very good. I am 6 weeks in, and am learning industry leading techniques quickly.

• DPL!
    - 9/3/2015
    Bradley Hintze • Student

I attended DPL between May 18th, 2015 and July 31st, 2015.
    It was a great experience for me.

I went in with some programming experience from college courses and also teaching myself some stuff.
    The course jumped right into coding and didn't stop for 11 weeks.  My brain felt like mush most days after class from all the learning I was doing.
    I was able to get an internship the last two weeks of class working for a new startup company and then was hired by them as a Jr. Dev on the last day of class.
    I recommend this course to anybody who wants a change in their life and career!

• Worked for me
    - 9/3/2015
    Ryan Holdaway • Software Engineer • Graduate

I got a great job. Highly recommend.

• Justin R. • Software Engineer • Graduate

I was a part of the 2014 spring cohort at Devpoint Labs, and I had a great experience. First of all let me get this out of the way, programming is hard. You are going to have to work your butt off to get it down, but it is such a great feeling when you build cool stuff or figure out a problem that had you stumped.

The staff at Devpoint Labs is great. They were all very helpful and enthusiastic about helping their students to learn and grow. Throughout the entire course, I felt like they were very concerned for my progress and improvement as a developer. The instructors definitely know their stuff, and they were very willing to take extra time to explain concepts or provide extra help to anyone who needed it.

I would recommend Devpoint Labs to anyone who is serious about development. The experience will either help get you on the developer path, or it will help to fine tune your skills if you are looking to pick up a new language.

• Anonymous • Unemployed • Graduate

Here is a bit of information for any prospective students of DevPoint...

For the Fall 2018 cohort, as of February 2019 (3.5 months after graduation), as far as I know only 4/25 students have jobs -- based on what I've seen on our alumni Slack account and on LinkedIn.

Yes, these numbers aren't very uplifting. You have to understand that students that did not get a job after applying for months (like me) were hesitant to put any reviews at all here--so the "five stars" is deceiving..DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST!

***I was someone who left a job of 10 years and sacrificed a much better paying gig to come here and work in web development. I never was lax about this program and tried very hard to keep up, understand and ask questions. I'd say I was "middle of the pack"***

TO REVIEW:

The content: I feel like what DevPoint presented for us to learn was decent in terms of demand, but the way they presented this information was extremely disorganized, ineffective, or both. The reason is that they implement a method of going about this that is one technology one day, one technology another, and don't much time on the basics whatsoever. We learn Ruby to begin and then abandon it only to circle back around to it months after in coding exercises -- how are we supposed to be sharp at that point when we've been studying other languages? They would have been much better off in my opinion making this a JavaScript based course as the demand is much higher in this technology and you could have skipped out on all the time learning Ruby basics (and only basics).

The instructors: Some of the best instructors that are actual software developers having had experience at a professional level have departed as of this posting. The lead instructors now are relatively inexperienced and I will also add that several of the instructors last cohort had an indifferent attitude when helping students. Not to say all instructors were "bad" in any sense, as a few are very friendly, but overall not what anyone should be paying for.

The daily routine: Get to class at 9:30, start a topic until 12:30 with breaks in between...So this amounted to around 2-2.5 hours of lecture. Also to note, most of the time this was just a "code along" and we really didn't ever break down what were typing until the app "worked" and then we were left to figure out how it did on our own time.
    Then, the lecturer would announce a homework assignment after lunch and from around 1-5 pm we would work on that in the chapel with little to no hands on help from instructors or TA's, who more or less sat in the middle of the chapel on their laptops. This made for an awkward situation as it seemed like we had to bother the TA's rather than them actively coming and looking for people to help. So essentially if you were stuck on something and couldn't get help from students around you, you went to the TA's who would give you a nudge in the right direction but really never actually guide you completely through a problem for the most part. That's 4 hours of the day. Half the day. What we were doing.

Career assistance: None. This is where DPL really fell off the map. You're given a certificate--fun, but after that you really only have an alumni slack channel to vent on. Why couldn't they have gone with an income sharing agreement so that all of DPL was more focused into getting students into jobs to get their money? We did have a day of "career advice" which was just motivational speak about getting our Linkedin resume up to par, but this was pointless really.

If I could do it again, I would have chosen a school that focused more on a few core languages (say HTML/CSS, JavaScript, ReactJS, NodeJS) and left out the Ruby/Rails. There is no way you can be a real effective full stack developer in 12 weeks unless you have significant experience coming in -- and you see this with the results from our cohort and others. Only a handful seem to be able to get jobs from prior experience, knowing just the right person, or having had CS education beforehand.

Until DPL changes all of these things and the results speak to the quality of the school in terms of jobs, internships, anything for students after graduating -- I can not recommend this school.

• Poor
    - 11/10/2017
    Anonymous • Developer • Graduate
    Big promises and hopes... Decent curriculum... Childish, under-prepared staff, and a complete lack of communication. The entire class and curriculum is satisfactory, at best. Even motivated and dedicated students were unable to keep pace or grasp concepts in the last 5 weeks due to lack of focus and increasingly frustrated instructors . The developers who teach the course, who can only generously be considered educators, were unwilling or annoyed by slowing progress. The most common phrase you'll hear at week 7 and on is "let's just get through this. I'll fix it at break". The developers who teach the class are not teachers. They do not know how to engage students. At the beginning of the cohort, they stress that "you'll get what you put in", but effort is subjective. One instructor showed up late nearly every day at the end of the cohort, and when confronted by a student, had an awkward, embarrassing, all day argument that frequently interrupted class for childish squabbling. This is one example from three months. There is no job assistance. That's simply not offered. They discuss it, but what it amounts to are visits to companies that don't even seem to care you are there, as well as a outdated resume requirement. This is where "you'll get back what you put in" really falls apart. After the instructors had chosen the two or three people that they deem capable, the rest of the class was nearly ignored on this front. I was very lucky, and have connections to get a very good job not too long after the class. The bottom of our class is now working as T.A.s for them. Most left class without any prospect beyond the certificate they handed us. I got the education I HAD to have to break in to the field and I am grateful for that. The rest will, hopefully, be quickly forgotten.
  • Anonymous • State of Utah Refugee Health Contracts Coordinator • Graduate

This course is perfect for students who are self-starting. I found it worthwhile and am interested in DevPoint's other offerings. I wouldn't go in expecting the course to make you a master by the end of it, that's an interesting expectation because this field requires a lot of work, failing and frustration...a lot more than 11 weeks. I think what it does really well is teach you how to teach yourself and the ways to get yourself noticed by recruiters. The modules are packed with a ton of learning resources that leave you with a toolkit for continuing to improve upon your skillset, and they've really engineered a learning environment in which you can grow and ask questions and receive almost 24/7 support. I appreciate the atmosphere of the studios (sodas and snacks, good humored teachers and TAs, and access to the Church and State workspace). And even though there are high expectations, the staff is reasonable (I was PT) with life conflicts and the stresses of balancing FT work and the class. The TAs respond within usually a couple hours over Slack (don't try to reach them over the canvas platform). I probably learned more in this 11 week class about the language we were learning than I did in my University programming classes. DevPoint is smart, they are making money with this offering, but they're not swindling anyone. They're doing a real service and have filled in gaps that exist in traditional university offerings. I was invited to recruiting events immediately after I finished the course and got the job I went into the course wanting within a week of the course starting.

There is little to no Job Assitance here and almost no prep for interviews or resumes best practices or job search strategy ect... I have had several tech interviews that didn't go so well after graduating and have just had nothing but disappointment on the job search. I didn't realize upon graduating that these kinds of questions and puzzles would be so important to master.  Other coding camps around the valley have dedicated teams to assist you in the strategizing the career shift from a previous role to that of a web developer successfully. I have friends that took full-time courses here from the year before and they have still to find work in a "hot" field. Two of them confirm the same, Job assistance is nearly entirely non-existent. All of us spent time and money and sacrificed full-time jobs to move onto something better only to have no support at the end.

I am just writing this review because I want to be honest and I want people to know what to really expect from attending DPL, at least from my perspective.

First of all, I want to say that the instructors are great and I will be forever grateful for their support during the 10 week cohort (yes, 10-week, I will get to that later). Even though the instructors definitely know what they are doing, the teaching style and pace may not work well for a lot of people.

When I initially spoke with the people at DPL, they made it seem as though we would have instruction for basically 8 hours each day, then we would have homework to turn in each night. When I started class, I was pretty disappointed to find out that there was only really 3 hours of instruction (sometimes maybe an hour or 2 more, but rarely) and the rest of the time, you do homework and can get help from TA's. Most TA's are students from previous cohorts, so they are still kind of new to everything also. Expect to spend at least an hour if you need help. You won't get help from instructors unless the TA can't figure it out either (those are the "rules"). I expected to get some feedback on homework as well, but never really did. They also don't give you an example of working code most of the time, so if you are stuck and can't use a TA, you just have broken homework.

The pacing is really fast, but you are aware of this coming in of course. I honestly feel like I would have done better and learned more if we focused on really understanding concepts or fundamentals rather than skimming over a few things here and there. That's what the class felt like to me, skimming. Never actually really learning anything (deeply). I've heard from students from another bootcamp (in Lehi) that actually understand JS. They don't learn as much "fancy" stuff but at least they understand the fundamentals to be able to learn other stuff on their own. I would have preferred that. I feel like I know nothing very well at all.

Make sure that you are getting your time and $$ worth. This is supposed to be an 11-week cohort. Unfortunately I attended during the Holiday season. When we signed up, we were to graduate around January 20th. A few weeks into the cohort, they told us that they had changed the graduation date to the 12th. We were all a little confused, and a little angry, but they assured us we weren't missing any time or instruction. I had recently counted each and every day we should have had class, as if there were no holidays. We should have had 54 days of instruction. We ended up having 48. We were cheated out of 6 days (one m-f week and a day). So our cohort was only 10 weeks even though we were assured 11. We should have counted the days while we were still in class. Maybe they would have refunded the $1,200 (yep, it's $1,000 a week to attend).

After attending and realizing how much I paid for what I know now, I wish I would have done a bit more research or just taught myself with the vast amounts of free resources online. I am not sorry for going into the direction of software development, I think it is a good idea if you are looking for a change. I am just not certain if DPL is the way to go, especially for the price (their price is avg for bootcamps). I am weary of bootcamps all together at this point.

• Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

After working dead end jobs for years, I decided to change my life. I was contemplating going back to school to get a CS degree. While I was looking into this I meet some developers. They had all gone through a bootcamp, and were now working in the industry. Some were working in automated QA, Junior Developers, and a couple had made it to Mid Developer after a short while.

I was intrigued and starting looking into it. There were a couple to choose from. I talked to quite a few devs that I knew and worked with. After looking over the bootcamp's curriculum, the majority of them leaned toward DevPoint Labs.

I applied to DevPoint and scheduled an interview. After talking with them, I realized that I wasn't ready to go. I wanted some practice before I started, and my financials were not in order to quit my job for three months.

I spent a year getting my life together in order to do this. I also spent that year studying. I feel like this helped me out immensely. I was familiar enough with the topics that I didn't feel behind during the cohort.

I loved the experience. The instructors are great, the staff is great. I came out with a whole new skill set. I'm now a web developer. I couldn't have done it without DPL!

• On the cusp
    - 12/16/2016
    Anonymous • Senior Developer • Graduate

Dev Point Labs teaches you how to think like a coder. I was stuck in the front end developer world and the only thing that got me out of that was this boot camp. I wasn't as dilligent with the pre course work as I should've been so during the course a lot of key concepts went over my head. I did under the big picture and how all the components play together. As a result, I am understand the smaller parts as I review the notes after graduation. I find myself getting more excited with what is possible every day. Dave's decision to move React into the course work is nothing but inspired and I feel extremely confident with my employment opportunties going forward. Do yourself a favor and do all the diligence ahead of time to prepare for this course, and when you get stuck, don't be afraid to ask for help.

I am currently attending DevPoint Labs and I absolutely love it! I am in the full stack rails course and it is intense. I am really enjoying the course, I have learned so much and appreciate everything we have done to prepare me for a career as a developer! I feel like everything we have learned is very up to date and that it will be useful to know in my future hobby projects and career! Before this class, I didn't even know how to teach myself more programming and now, through all the skills and experience I have recieved, I am set and ready for the future! Thank you so much!

• React is Love
    - 12/6/2016

Having taken the daytime Ruby on Rails and also attended the evening JavaScript course I can attest to how great the instructors, program, and curriculum are. Dave Jungst and Jake Source are React and Rails experts and are both great teachers and developers. I'm also really happy that they decided to teach React, as I ended up getting a great job where I use React extensively several months after graduation. I feel that they are doing a really good job of staying on the front edge of the tech curve so that students can learn skills that will be useful in the coming years. DevPoint also cares a lot on helping you not just learn one language or framework, but learning how to continue to learn as every company has their own tech stack. I've also seen all of the work they have put in to help students improve their job placement skills thanks to the help of Mark Anthony. I wouldn't recommend that everyone become a developer, but I would recommend that everyone who knows they want to become a developer to check DevPoint out! They have a great community, instructors, and curriculum!

- 11/10/2016

I had a great experience with DevPoint Labs.  I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking to make a career change into web development.