devpoint-labs-logo

DevPoint Labs

Las Vegas, Provo, Salt Lake City

DevPoint Labs

DevPoint Labs teaches 11-week full-time and 11-week part-time full stack web development coding bootcamps in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Las Vegas, Nevada. The full-time class is part of the University of Utah Professional Education school, and covers HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, SQL, JavaScript, React, Redux, and more. The part-time class is available at the DevPoint Labs Salt Lake City campus and at the University of Nevada, and covers a very similar curriculum. DevPoint Labs' approach to learning combines pair programming with traditional lectures and a mix of group projects, lean methodologies, hackathons and one-on-one mentorship from instructors.

DevPoint Labs is aimed at students with little to moderate experience in web development. To apply, candidates fill out the short application on the website, then chat with a staff member about their motivations. Once accepted students will need to complete pre-work before the first day of class.

Leading up to graduation, DevPoint Labs prepares students for finding a job with mock interviews, workshops, guest speakers, and a Launch Day to showcase their projects to potential employers. Full-time students at the University of Utah Professional Education program will receive a completion certificate. Part-time students at the University of Nevada will receive a UNLV Continuing Education certificate.

DevPoint Labs offers student housing to all out-of-state students on a first come, first serve basis. The house is located less than a mile from the campus, and comes furnished with all utilities paid for the duration of the camp.

Recent DevPoint Labs Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (140) reviews for DevPoint Labs →

Recent DevPoint Labs News

Read all (24) articles about DevPoint Labs →
  • Part-time Web Development

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    LocationSalt Lake City
    This course puts a heavy focus on JavaScript, React, and front-end web development. We are one of the nation's highest reviewed program in accelerated web development with emphasis in the most desired and growing skills like javascript, react.js, git, mongodb, react native and more in web development. Even though the course is part-time, the pace is rigorous (bootcamp for a reason) and only for the motivated individuals that wants to gain skills that will add value to their career and life. Our campus is at Church & State co-working, a collaborative environment for students to get their CODE ON before and after class. Taught by industry experts, you'll learn from passionate instructors co-instructors, and TA's who are contributors & leaders in the development community. DevPoint Labs is unmatched in the nation when it comes to student experience, value, community, and advanced curriculum.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech Scholarship & Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge
  • UNLV Part-time Web Development Coding Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, Sinatra, Xcode, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Front End, Ruby, MVC, Agile, SQL
    LocationLas Vegas
    Partnered with University of Nevada, Las Vegas - DevPoint Labs is powering a part-time web development coding bootcamp. This 24-week program is geared towards working individuals with a flexible schedule of nights and weekends. Learn from one of the top coding programs in the nation in the latest web development technologies and tools. Curated curriculum will cover full-stack web development.
    Student Loans through MACU
  • U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Ruby, SQL
    LocationSalt Lake City
    In today's digital economy, coding skills are the most demanded across all types of careers and professions. Forbes and LinkedIn noted that those with full-stack web development skills dominate the pay scale and employer desirability. University of Utah Professional Education is excited to bring our students a full-time Web Development Certificate Program, powered by DevPoint Labs. DevPoint Labs was founded by University of Utah graduates as the first full-stack web development program in the state. This course will be held at the DevPoint Lab's Campus in downtown Salt Lake City, located in Church & State Co-working. This full-time, intensive program creates proficiency in back-end and front-end web development through hands on training. Learn multiple programming languages and programs centered around web development like HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, ReactJS, React Native, Git and more. https://devpointlabs.continue.utah.edu
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Opportunity In Tech Scholarships available.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge GED or Equivalent
  • User Experience Design

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationSalt Lake City
    *THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT OFFERED* Being able to express design ideas by utilizing sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes is a skill that is in increasingly high demand, and a requirement for any serious career in interactive design or product management. In this course, you’ll receive knowledge and skills in topics like: how to analyze business and usability requirements from a user perspective, drawing solutions with Sketch and best practices for common design patterns such as home pages, forms, search and navigation.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union

Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge & some design experience.
  • Bryan H  User Photo
    Bryan H • Senior Art Director / UX Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Full Stack Javascript course at DevPoint Labs. It was incredibly challenging and satisfying. The curriculum was difficult but there was always consistent and relevant support from the instructors, the TAs as well as the active mentors. I would do it again.

• Erik B  User Photo
    Erik B • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Fall 2014 Full Stack Ruby on Rails cohort.  I had minimal knowledge about programming and decided to change careers at this time. Previously I had a career in purchasing which had very little growth and was not as lucrative as programming was.  After some research and meeting with the founders, I decided to attend DevPoint Labs.

The instructors and founders are very knowledgeable about programming and the different languages and frameworks that are out there. The class had different levels of students (entry to mid level). I never felt intimidated by any of the students or instructors since everyone was around the same skill level  It was an intense 11 week bootcamp but it was fund, I learned a lot and was able to grow a network of programmers/friends from the boot camp.

Today I am enjoying a new career in software development with a great company. I now have the skills that will allow me to grow with a higher financial return.

DevPoint Labs was the way to go for me! I highly recommend DPL!

• Alex   User Photo
    Alex • Student of DevPoint Labs • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I came into DevPoint Labs with very minimal coding experience and I was scared for my life that I wouldn't be able to hang with the pace of the coarse and the rest of my classmates. Jake and Dave did such an amazing job teaching everything in the curriculumn every day and the TAs were all very cool, nice, and helpful. My time at DevPoint was definitely the hardest time of my life, but because of the atmosphere and resources they offer, I was never overly stressed on a problem. I always got the help I needed and I know that I will always be able to go to them for any future assistance. DevPoint is definitely the best move I could have made to jumpstart my career path and I will always be thankful to everyone who works there who is now and will forever be a big part of my life. Highly recommend for everything thinking about which school to go to!

• Cael J.  User Photo
    Cael J. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just completed the full-stack rails course at DevPoint Labs.  It was a wonderful experience!  I highly recommend dedicating your life to coding during your attendance here.  One of the great things about DevPoint Labs is that the resources are readily available for you to take your knowledge as far as you can push yourself.  Beyond the classroom, DevPoint Labs has created a large community of developers with an excellent feeling of camaraderie.  I highly recommend DPL to anyone with a desire to learn how to code.  I began with moderate coding experience in HTML and CSS (among other things), but I had a classmate who began with virtually zero coding experience, and both of us took full advantage of our time here and were both able to progress immensely into the world of web development.  You are not guaranteed a job out of here, but they provide you with the tools necessary to go out and find your place in a development company.

• From 0-60
    - 2/25/2020
    Austin Barnett(Oz) • Graduate
    Let me start by saying why we are at all 5  stars in every category.  The Instructors here are un-rivaled in teaching and instructing experience. If you are reading this, you might be curious about the class or wary about the cost among many other options you have to reach the end result of your goal. Why choose these Developers to teach you the force? Because by the end of your journey (And its a HARD one!!!) with them will you actually understand, recreate, and innovatively explore your actual realistic Career options in life come, talk to these guys/gals at DevPoint Labs. If you want to put action to your thoughts instead of just ponder on in curiosity. Enroll now to start your career now!
  • Keagan Barnes • Graduate
    DPL is a very challenging 3 months but the instructors are there to help you learn and made it a great experience! Very much worth it!
  • Abigail Mitchell • Graduate
    I learned more in my three months at DevPoint Labs than I ever imagined I could. I went from knowing basic HTML and CSS to being able to create full production web applications using Ruby on Rails, React, JS, Postgres databases and more. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and always there for you. Everyone there wants to see you succeed! DevPoint gave me the structure, positivity, and communal learning environment I needed in order to turn this idea of becoming a software engineer into a my new career path. That being said, you will only get out what you put in. You MUST put in the extra hours and be able to motivate yourself!
  • Highly Recommended!
    - 11/12/2019
    Travis Carter • Graduate

I just got done with the Full-Time Fall 2019 course and it was great. Spencer was an awesome teacher and the class size was perfect enough to work with a variety of people but not get lost.

I went to DPL because it was rated as one of the top coding bootcamps in Utah and now I can see why. I have already recommended it to a couple of people.

• Koki Johnson • Graduate

I was working a full time job, I’m a mom of 3, and I made it. I am also a recipient of one of their scholarships! Devpoint wants you to succeed and they give you the tools and structure you need. The teachers, TA’s, and other staff were so incredibly helpful and thoughtful with every step of this course. Just like everyone else says, you get what you put into this, and there will be times when you just don’t get it, but don’t give up! Your outcome depends on you. Thank you devpoint for an amazing experience!

• Totally Worth It
    - 9/5/2019
    Nicki • Graduate

If you are serious about making a career out of web development and you are ready to commit the time and energy it is going to take to become hireable - DevPoint Labs' bootcamp is a wonderful and unbeatable first step and I highly recommend it.

As someone who tried to self-teach my way through web development (including a semester at SLCC), I can't stress enough how valuable having 3 months worth of material laid out for me was. Things flowed naturally, the instructor (Spencer) was an absolute pro at making very difficult material approachable, concepts built upon each other, and I graduated with enough knowledge to begin building my own projects, as well as a more defined way to tackle further learning. When I compare how much I learned in 3 months of self-teaching vs 3 months full time at DevPoint, it becomes abundantly clear that it was worth every penny (and all my weekends). It motivated me to code every single day - sometimes all day - and that's something I never felt at SLCC or while self-teaching. It sparked my passion and enthusiasm and gave me every avenue to pursue it.

That being said, a few words of advice (that DevPoint themselves will stress to students repeatedly): you get out what you put in. Even though it was a tough 3 months, I fully committed my time and energy to the course and I feel like that was my biggest success. I watched some students not apply themselves, browse YouTube during project time, never ask questions during lecture, and just generally work less hard ... and it showed. This course (much like the industry for which it is preparing you) is for self-starters, people who take initiative and accountability and those willing to earn their success. It's a huge undertaking and an impressive accomplishment.

Does taking this course guarantee you a developer job? Absolutely not, and if you believe that any bootcamp can guarantee to do that in 3 months, you are mistaken. But the amount of material that is covered is incredible, the learning path is clear, the help is there and with a bit more sweat, I'm confident I will find a position as a developer in my near future. I highly recommend this course.

• DevPoint is fun.
    - 9/4/2019
    Emma • Graduate

I had a great experience at DevPoint Labs.  I learned a lot, made some good friends, and transitioned my career into something that is a much better fit for me.

Here are some things DevPoint does well:

1. Safe Learning Environment:  It’s a safe place to learn and ask dumb questions.  My instructor fielded questions well. He balanced the wide range of ability well-translating the questions from advanced students so the newbie students could benefit from the answer as well.  He also didn’t hesitate to review fundamentals when it was necessary.

2. Culture of Collaboration: Among my classmates there was much more of a culture of collaboration than of competition. Throughout the cohort I worked with almost every person in the class at least once, and I learned a lot from every experience.  I may have just gotten lucky with a great cohort, but I think it has a lot to do with the leadership of the staff.

3. The instructors and TA’s are great.  They are approachable, they know how to meet you where you are, and they will give you their undivided attention until you are ready to work on your own again.  Also, the student to instructor ratio is like 4 or 5 to 1, so there is really no reason why you wouldn’t get the help you need.

• Candice

I completed the Part-Time Web Development course at DPL. Before beginning, I had done a few courses on FreeCode Camp and Codecademy in an attempt to be self-taught. I was hesitant about doing any kind of bootcamp. I am so glad I decided to go to DPL. It's a lot of information, and in the part-time cohort, most of class is lecture, so you must carve out time outside of class to review, study, and build things on your own.  What I liked most is that DPL forced me to apply my knowledge and attempt to build things without being guided, unlike the online courses. I know that I wouldn't have been able to learn as much as I did at DPL if I had tried to go at it on my own. The TAs were helpful, the information useful, and overall it was a great and challenging experience. I currently work as a TA for the part-time co-hort and just landed an internship as a software developer.