devpoint-labs-logo

DevPoint Labs

Las Vegas, Provo, Salt Lake City

DevPoint Labs

DevPoint Labs teaches 11-week full-time and 11-week part-time full stack web development coding bootcamps in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Las Vegas, Nevada. The full-time class is part of the University of Utah Professional Education school, and covers HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, SQL, JavaScript, React, Redux, and more. The part-time class is available at the DevPoint Labs Salt Lake City campus and at the University of Nevada, and covers a very similar curriculum. DevPoint Labs' approach to learning combines pair programming with traditional lectures and a mix of group projects, lean methodologies, hackathons and one-on-one mentorship from instructors.

DevPoint Labs is aimed at students with little to moderate experience in web development. To apply, candidates fill out the short application on the website, then chat with a staff member about their motivations. Once accepted students will need to complete pre-work before the first day of class.

Leading up to graduation, DevPoint Labs prepares students for finding a job with mock interviews, workshops, guest speakers, and a Launch Day to showcase their projects to potential employers. Full-time students at the University of Utah Professional Education program will receive a completion certificate. Part-time students at the University of Nevada will receive a UNLV Continuing Education certificate.

DevPoint Labs offers student housing to all out-of-state students on a first come, first serve basis. The house is located less than a mile from the campus, and comes furnished with all utilities paid for the duration of the camp.

Recent DevPoint Labs Reviews: Rating 4.85

all (113) reviews for DevPoint Labs →

Recent DevPoint Labs News

Read all (27) articles about DevPoint Labs →
  • Part-time Web Development

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Salt Lake City
    This course puts a heavy focus on JavaScript, React, and front-end web development. We are one of the nation's highest reviewed program in accelerated web development with emphasis in the most desired and growing skills like javascript, react.js, git, mongodb, react native and more in web development. Even though the course is part-time, the pace is rigorous (bootcamp for a reason) and only for the motivated individuals that wants to gain skills that will add value to their career and life. Our campus is at Church & State co-working, a collaborative environment for students to get their CODE ON before and after class. Taught by industry experts, you'll learn from passionate instructors co-instructors, and TA's who are contributors & leaders in the development community. DevPoint Labs is unmatched in the nation when it comes to student experience, value, community, and advanced curriculum.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    Women In Tech Scholarship & Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
    Basic computer knowledge
  • UNLV Part-time Web Development Coding Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, Xcode, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Front End, Ruby, MVC, Agile
    Las Vegas
    Partnered with University of Nevada, Las Vegas - DevPoint Labs is powering a part-time web development coding bootcamp. This 24-week program is geared towards working individuals with a flexible schedule of nights and weekends. Learn from one of the top coding programs in the nation in the latest web development technologies and tools. Curated curriculum will cover full-stack web development.
    Student Loans through MACU
  • U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Ruby
    Rolling Start Date
    Salt Lake City
    In today's digital economy, coding skills are the most demanded across all types of careers and professions. Forbes and LinkedIn noted that those with full-stack web development skills dominate the pay scale and employer desirability. University of Utah Professional Education is excited to bring our students a full-time Web Development Certificate Program, powered by DevPoint Labs. DevPoint Labs was founded by University of Utah graduates as the first full-stack web development program in the state. This course will be held at the DevPoint Lab's Campus in downtown Salt Lake City, located in Church & State Co-working. This full-time, intensive program creates proficiency in back-end and front-end web development through hands on training. Learn multiple programming languages and programs centered around web development like HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, ReactJS, React Native, Git and more. https://devpointlabs.continue.utah.edu
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    Women In Tech & Opportunity In Tech Scholarships available.
    Basic computer knowledge GED or Equivalent
  • User Experience Design

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    Salt Lake City
    *THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT OFFERED* Being able to express design ideas by utilizing sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes is a skill that is in increasingly high demand, and a requirement for any serious career in interactive design or product management. In this course, you’ll receive knowledge and skills in topics like: how to analyze business and usability requirements from a user perspective, drawing solutions with Sketch and best practices for common design patterns such as home pages, forms, search and navigation.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    Basic computer knowledge & some design experience.

• Amy Stevens

I attended the full time full stack web development course - and make no mistake - as someone with no coding experience it was HARD.  But everyone would have a creer in this feild if it was easy right?  The teachers and staff are incredible.  INCREDIBLE.  The TAs were alwasys there t help, as was the head instructor Dave, and Tracy, who helped me with my resume and job search.  I cannot say enough good words about them, or about the overall experience.  Whiel it was challenging, scary, and ..hard...this experience will be entirely what you make it and Devpoint will be there to offer you the best help every step of the way.

• Christopher Lazard • Front End Developer • Graduate

I had zero experience coding before I came to The University of Utah’s coding bootcamp through DevPoint Labs. They made it easy for me to use my G.I. Bill benefits, the TAs and instructors always answered my questions, and now I am part of a great community.

My advice to someone new to programming—prepare yourself for a lot of information. You will get as much out of this program as you put in it. You have to go home and code after coding all day in class. You’ll appreciate this the most when you interview for a dev jobs after graduation.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience, I loved every second of it. Being mentally challenged after years of physical challenges in the military was a big shift me but DevPoint balanced the hard work with making sure the students were taken care of and had some fun. .

Chris Lazard University of Utah & DevPoint Labs Graduate

• TJ • Graduate

This class is a really good jump start into a technical career! The part time class has a limited amount of time and it's really hard to go over as much content as there is, but it's all necessary to get down the fundamentals in that timeframe. While this class can't possibly fit in everything, it gives you the foundation to be able to start learning confidently on your own, which is arguably the greatest skill you can learn.

The staff is welcoming and fun to work with and is willing to stick around to answer questions. They were also often available online. The people I didn't see a lot still knew who I was and would go out of their way to see how everything was going. This course also considers you a member of their community and is willing to help people with coding problems after it's over.

I would highly recommend DevPoint Labs. It's definitely challenging, but well worth your while!

• Jeff L • Graduate

This was a great experience. I took the Part-Time Web Development course and I feel like I have a more valuable skill set now than when I graduated with my bachelors degree. It was definitely challenging, I came to the course with your basic computer skills but now I feel like I have a real shot at working in this industry.

The teachers and TA's were great. They were always patient and encouraging. Even though the pace and intensity of the course was grueling at times, they kept the mood light and made the material seem attainable.

I can't wait to see where these new skills can take me.

• Adam K. • Graduate

This course is endorsed and certified by the University of Utah. You will get real web development experience during your last few weeks, and the whole DevPoint community is extremely supportive. You will not regret getting into coding through DevPioint.

• Jacob Wheeler • Full-stack Web Developer • Graduate

I have been working in education for the past few years. It has been something that I am very passionate about. However as many know, there is not a lot of money in education. So after feeling like I had maxed out my possibilities at the school I was at, I needed something more. I have a background in technology. After talking with various friends and family members, I decided to look into programming.

I searched and read reviews on all of the major bootcamps offered in the area. I found that DevPoint Labs had great reviews and had recently gotten an accreditation from the University of Utah. Which as far as I understand is the only bootcamp to offer that benefit. So to me the choice was made.

After starting the course, I realized that my decision was correct. The staff was extremely accommodating to any questions I had. The instructors were extremely knowledgeable in what they were teaching. You can tell that they enjoy working in the field and are up to date on everything that is happening as it happens. They both have very different teaching styles, that I feel are a good compliment to quick and in depth learning. Which is what this course is all about.

Coming from a background that had little to nothing to do with programming, I felt prepared to enter an industry that otherwise would have known nothing about.

Overall it was a great experience, and I am happy I took that first step. It was scary and will probably continue to be. However I now have a job as a Full-stack developer, and I love what I do!

• Amazing BootCamp
    - 8/18/2017
    Zoe Larsen • Graduate

I was part of the first U OF U PROED FULL-TIME WEB DEVELOPMENT (summer 2017) cohort. I had a fully immersive learning experience that drove my programming skills beyond any self-taught or online course could offer. I moved from New Mexico to attend DevPoint Labs and stayed in the free housing that DevPoint offered. It was walking distance to Church and State and pleasant accommodations.

The course was taught by industry professionals who code every day for actual projects. It shows in the course work that is driven by current industry standards and trends. The two teachers offer different teaching styles which covered the course material from different aspects. I found this helped me gain a deeper understanding of core concepts. The course itself was adaptive to the class pace and updated throughout the summer to reflect the most current best-practices.

As with any educational course, you truly get out what you put in. Learn as much as you can before you start. Take advantage of how much knowledge and skill that the teachers and TAs have by asking deeper tier questions. Fully immerse yourself and surround yourself with peers in the cohort who are better programmers than you.

Overall I strongly recommend this boot camp. It has phenomenal instructors, supportive staff, and great course material.

• Marco • Analyst • Graduate

This was rather a different and challenging experience, even though it was a "Part Time" course. The instructors are active professional data scientists and wholeheartedly seek to leverage the best available tools to achieve optimal problem solving. They are not professional teachers and their curriculum is not limited to only a particular set of skills or tools, if needed they go beyond that list, the limit is the sky for them, which made this course a one in a life time opportunity for me to expand my knowledge and perspective regarding data science. Front Analytics, Alton Alexander who assisted as an instructor regularly is a pioneer in this extensive and extremely useful craftsmanship. He is also a successful entrepreneur, an honorable man and has mentored many. If you decide to take this class, I would recommend signing up asap and prepare as much as you can by covering what they list in the pre-work materials and if possible go beyond that. Specially get familiar with the basics of Python and the Command Line, you won’t regret once you get the hold of it, just like anything else, it takes some practice and passion. If you do the work, at the end of the course you’ll be a different person. Good Luck!

- 5/10/2017
    Sue Thurber • Digital Graphics Specialist • Graduate

Coding bootcamp at DevPoint was a huge dive into real world full-stack web development for me. It was a huge challenge and a lot of work but has paid off wonderfully well for me in advancing me in my current career and opening new doors to the future.

Very grateful for to Will & Nhi for their wonderful generosity in helping me with a womens scholarship towards the cost of the tuition as well as all their patience, tolerance and kindness in helping me understand some difficult concepts.

The teachers know their stuff and TA's are great, and always made me feel comfortable helping me with everything (no matter how stupid my questions may have been).

Thank you so much for everything!

Sue Thurber Digital Graphics Specialist, Access Development

• Rick Baker • Graduate

Before getting into the details as to why, let me first say that DevPoint Labs executed an outstanding learning experience. I have taken many technical training courses over the past decade and the part-time ReactJS course has been the best overall experience.

Now for some of the details as to why the DPL course excells. First and foremost is the competency of the instructors, Dave and Jake, who are both very knowledgable and most important are able to transfer that knowledge in a systematic and progressive approach. And they love this stuff and love to teach, which is contageous.

Of course this is a "bootcamp" which means information is coming at a very fast pace and there is a huge responsibility on the student to keep up with the pace. If you don't hit the class prepared by doing the pre-course assignments or have an equivilent knowledge then you are already playing catch up. You need to know some Javascript for sure.

I really liked how the instructors would take brief surveys at points through the course to get indicatiors of how the students were keeping up and where we wanted to go. My cohort wanted to have some additional time with React Native training, so Dave adjusted the course material over a weekend to adjust and fit the need.

I appreciated the fact that the instructors and staff weren't just trying to check off a few boxex and say that they taught us the concepts on the course list, but were intent on giving us the best possible learning experience with the content we wanted where possible.

In addition to the technical stuff, I really enjoyed working in various teams as we were given projects to complete through the course and eventually for the capstone project. And the teacher assistants were a huge help in getting past many of the challenges.

This was a huge challenge having to work full-time and then go straight to school until 9pm for four days a week (and a couple Saturdays) during the three months. It was awesome though and would do it all again.

Thanks DPL, it was great!

-Rick

• Valerie • Graduate

DevPoint Labs provides a structured, logical, and meaningful 11 week bootcamp course. I was surprised at how much I learned and was able to do on my own in a short amount of time. You definitely get what you put into this course! It was challengin,but there is so much help and assistance available to help you through your journey in the course. The instructors are very knowledgable and patient in their approach to teaching, and the TA's are always happy to help!

DevPoint Labs has built a positive and encouraging learning environment, and I'm very happy to be a part of the alumni. I would absolutley recommend DevPoint Labs to anyone who is looking to make a change!

• Jake S. • Full-stack PHP/Moodle Developer • Graduate

DevPoint Labs full-stack Ruby on Rails course is taught by two amazing coders and teachers.  That is a hard combination to come by, and Jake Source and Dave Jungst do a fantastic job of bringing you from zero to coding hero in a little less than 12 weeks.  It's intense and not for people who are not serious about changing their career paths. Despite the difficulty level, I garuntee that if you do take each day seriously and try your best anyone, I repeat, ANYONE, can come out on top.  I took the class in from February - April 2016 and my life has only improved as a result of the new skills I learned at DevPoint.  As an individual I am able to take a more analytical approach to problem-solving, and as an employee I have the skills needed to compete in a changing workforce.  If you are looking to change your career without the traditional 4 year degree, DevPoint is for you!

• Top Notch Program
    - 4/18/2017
    Andrew P. • Junior Web Developer • Graduate

I had a great time at DevPoint Labs getting the foundation I needed in order to become the person I wanted to be. Great instructors and support system ensure that you are well on your way to a great career.

• Lindsay • Graduate

I had a really incredible (and really difficult) time doing the full-time Ruby on Rails course.  If you are not expecting the course to be difficult, challenging, make-you-question-everything, this might not be the best fit for you.  If you think it will be worth the rewards you reap, then you're right!  I cannot believe how much I have learned and absorbed over the last 11 weeks.  And don't let the difficult part hold you back because DPL offers tons of support not only through teachers, TAs, and other staff, but also a wonderful network of alumni.  Dave and Jake are both incredible instructors and great complements to each other in their coding and teaching styles.  I look forward to remaining a part of this community.

• Great Bootcamp!
    - 4/9/2017
    Heidi • Graduate

No, you won't be able to retain every single thing you learn so quickly, but I'd guess what I did learn in 11 weeks would have taken me three or four years to learn on my own,  floundering around with online courses. Without DevPoint I wouldn't have gotten the big picture of how it all works together.

I left with a good concept of how to learn whatever coding skills I might need at a new job and something you can't put a price on- confidence. I did the evening course and there are two instructors. They are both very talented. They never got stumped or seemed like they were winging it. On top of that, it was obvious that they loved what they were doing.

Very positive and supportive environment. Plus the networking during and after the course really makes the difference in connecting you with a job after the course. Definitely recommend doing this over trying to do it on your own. Lots of diversity in age and gender in my cohort- don't be intimidated!! ;)

• Paul Carrillo • Graduate

I completed the After Hours Full-Stack JavaScript course at DevPointLabs. DPL has opened my mind to a complete new world and community that I wish I could have been part of earlier. The eleven week's were challenging, it has been one of the toughest thing's that I have ever done. I had to put in a lot of extra time and made a lot of sacrifices. It was hard, overwhelming but the knowledge that came from completing the course has re-directed my career path.

I would highly recommend DevPointLabs to anyone interested in becoming a developer. Dave and the whole staff are amazing. They are there help you along every single step. I am glad I had the opportunity to attend DevPointLabs and would not hesitate to go back.

• Best Decision
    - 1/15/2017
    Spencer • Graduate

I just completed the full-time Rails course at DPL and had a wonderful experience. I went into the course with only knowledge of HTML/CSS and found the course challenging and very rewarding. As I was thinking about making the decision to take the course I was worried that I may not be able to do well as logical concepts like math have always been difficult for me. Don't even worry about that. If programming interests you and/or you are tired of not knowing what to do with your life/career then I highly recommend DevPoint Labs. It isn't easy by any means. There were days the content felt so overwhelming I wanted to just give up and cry. However, I never gave up and just pushed through.

You will get what you put into it. I can honestly say I averaged 70+ hours a week and I absolutely do not regret it. If anything I regret not coding more!  I have now graduated and I feel like I have the foundation needed to get out there and get myself hired.

The staff is amazing. The instructors are extremely qualified and teach the content very well. The TAs are awesome, happy to help, and are a great resource. The community at DevPoint Labs is incredible too. Tons of alumni are there to mentor and help however they can. If you ever get stuck, and you will... a lot, there are always people there to help you figure it out.

Honestly, going to DevPoint Labs was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. It has given me a career path, friends, and a constant challenge. I highly recommend DPL to anyone wanting to learn programming.

• Kenyon • SEO Manager / Product Manager • Graduate

I really loved my time at dev point labs. I had tried to learn JS on my own and kept hitting roadblocks. My understanding is now far beyond where I would've have gotten to own my own. The course is hard and you will get out of it what you put into it.

I was able to learn from (instructors) and with (students) some crazy smart taleneted people and build great projects. Dave was a great instructor, while the course and cirriculm moves fast he was always wililng to give insight on where to go to learn more and go over topics learned in class. In reality you find out that it's hard and frustrating to learn to code in such a short time you really have to practice, practice and practice more to pick it up.

I gave five stars for experience, instructors and cirriculm and an NA for job assistance. I came into the course happily employed so I didn't participate in any of the job assistance activites. So I can't speak on the job assistance aspect.

I will say that going through the course has made me way better at my job as a SEO Product Owner. I've nerver found working with developers more rewarding. In that sense it has defintey helped my career. I also am working on my own application that I intend to complete all the front end and back end dev for, which is something I would have never been able to do before the course. I still gave NA for job assistance becuase I think my job feedback is probably not relevant to what most prospective students are looking for.

If you are thinking about dev point I highly reccomened and advise to make a time committment, to attend all the classes and do homework, do good prep work before cohort and don't get discouraged when it gets difficult. You will be successful if you work at it and you will be very glad you did!

• William Winger • Graduate

Going into this course with little to no knowledge about code, I was blown away by how much they were able to help me understand so quickly!  What I had expected was completely different from what I got, and I can assure you that I'm not disappointed in the slightest! I'm forever grateful to the staff here at DPL!

• Robert Bell • Student

I had very little knowledge of coding and was introduced to the idea of coding bootcamps. During my research I came across DevPoint Labs and was impressed with how greatly my friends talked about it. The class emphasised best best practices for the software industry and had many people to help you along your knowledge jorney. I could tell how much the teachers loved coding. They have a lot of passion for programming. I had a great experience.

• Josh Terry

I recently graduated from DevPoint Labs. I can honestly say it was the best decision I could have made for my education. It is fast paced and extremely difficult at time but if you give it your all then you won't be disappointed. The instructors here are amazing... and patient. They will help you become your best regardless of your skill level. I'd recommend DevPoint Labs to anyone who is willing to work hard and get into the industry

• Marco Moreno • Retail Operation/Logistics Coordinator • Graduate

I went into DevPoint Labs' Immersive Afterhouse FullStack JavaScript course in the winter of 2016 having almost no experience coding. I had done some minor QA and UAT working in my previous job, but nothing prepared me for what I was about to get into. In retrospect, I wish that I had devoted two to three months of preparing for the course than just jumping into it the way that I did. The course was killer. I had a blast but it was filled with sleepless nights and a lot of frustration. The instruction was awesome however, I do wish that there would have been text material to study from and more guided tutorials to SLOWLY take us through some of the basics so that we could have a solid base before moving on to some of the more advanced frameworks and libraries. Having had no experience in coding whatsoever, I was pleased to be able to tackle building responsive and beautiful apps with the skill set that I learned.

This being said though I do wish that I would have had more of a base for learning the actual context and meaning behind a lot of the syntax in JavaScript. I am one of those people that need to do things over and over again in order for them to stick so sometimes the speed at which we covered the material was really intense for me.

The only downer for the course that I would have to bring up is the Job Assistance factor. I had a lot of help on putting my resume together but when it came to getting ready to apply and prepping for interviews, I have to say in the most constructive and honest way possible that we really didn't cover interview prep all that well. Looking good on paper is one thing but being able to answer interview questions intelligibly and confidently is vital to scoring a job in web development. Interviewers will probe your knowledge of libraries, frameworks, and how you interpret basic syntax to make sure you really understand and that you aren't just copying and pasting code from the web. They will question you relentlessly to find any weakness..it's not something you can bullshit your way through.  You can't google your way out of an interview.

• Kirby Yardley • User Experience Designer • Student

This course was great. We managed to cover an immense amount curriculum in a very short time. Ty and Dan were fantastic instructors and kept us challenged and on our toes while still ensuring we had the proper guidance we would need.

• Reece Bisel • Jr Developer • Graduate

First off this should be a 4 1/2 star review for overall experience but they don't do 1/2 stars. I loved my experience at DevPoint Labs, I will say that learning style can be rough for some people. If you need to learn how to program for less money than a traditional computer science degree, this is definitely the place you should attend.

I had 3 different instructors during my 11 week course at DPL. All of which gave me a different perspective on how things can be done. I've stayed in contact with almost all the professors that I had. All the instructors that taught me were more than willing to provide help with any issues I had, this includes real problems, like balancing an grueling work load and spending time with loved ones.

DPL does a wonderful job of teaching the bleeding edge of the tech world, which is great, albeit a double edge sword. This is an 11 week course, so obviously they can't teach everything. I would love to see a stronger push into the foundations of the course, I was in the FULL stack rails course, and going into my first job I was lacking some more basic understanding of Ruby, and even javascript. That being said, if you dive into this course and do extra coding in your spare time you can make up for this.

As far as job assistance goes, DPL excells at this. They do everything they can to help each student fullfill their goals, if that student wants to be a developer within a year, that's what they help them achieve. I actually got my first job from being on the DPL alumni forum, and I can guarantee that I wouldn't have heard about it without being part of their amazing community. The school will give a series of mock interviews that will help the students prep for the real world, which helped me immensely.