devpoint-labs-logo

DevPoint Labs

Las Vegas, Provo, Salt Lake City

DevPoint Labs

DevPoint Labs teaches 11-week full-time and 11-week part-time full stack web development coding bootcamps in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Las Vegas, Nevada. The full-time class is part of the University of Utah Professional Education school, and covers HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, SQL, JavaScript, React, Redux, and more. The part-time class is available at the DevPoint Labs Salt Lake City campus and at the University of Nevada, and covers a very similar curriculum. DevPoint Labs' approach to learning combines pair programming with traditional lectures and a mix of group projects, lean methodologies, hackathons and one-on-one mentorship from instructors.

DevPoint Labs is aimed at students with little to moderate experience in web development. To apply, candidates fill out the short application on the website, then chat with a staff member about their motivations. Once accepted students will need to complete pre-work before the first day of class.

Leading up to graduation, DevPoint Labs prepares students for finding a job with mock interviews, workshops, guest speakers, and a Launch Day to showcase their projects to potential employers. Full-time students at the University of Utah Professional Education program will receive a completion certificate. Part-time students at the University of Nevada will receive a UNLV Continuing Education certificate.

DevPoint Labs offers student housing to all out-of-state students on a first come, first serve basis. The house is located less than a mile from the campus, and comes furnished with all utilities paid for the duration of the camp.

Recent DevPoint Labs Reviews: Rating 4.85

all (113) reviews for DevPoint Labs →

Recent DevPoint Labs News

Read all (27) articles about DevPoint Labs →
  • Part-time Web Development

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Salt Lake City
    This course puts a heavy focus on JavaScript, React, and front-end web development. We are one of the nation's highest reviewed program in accelerated web development with emphasis in the most desired and growing skills like javascript, react.js, git, mongodb, react native and more in web development. Even though the course is part-time, the pace is rigorous (bootcamp for a reason) and only for the motivated individuals that wants to gain skills that will add value to their career and life. Our campus is at Church & State co-working, a collaborative environment for students to get their CODE ON before and after class. Taught by industry experts, you'll learn from passionate instructors co-instructors, and TA's who are contributors & leaders in the development community. DevPoint Labs is unmatched in the nation when it comes to student experience, value, community, and advanced curriculum.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    Women In Tech Scholarship & Opportunity in Tech Scholarship
    Basic computer knowledge
  • UNLV Part-time Web Development Coding Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, Xcode, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Front End, Ruby, MVC, Agile
    Las Vegas
    Partnered with University of Nevada, Las Vegas - DevPoint Labs is powering a part-time web development coding bootcamp. This 24-week program is geared towards working individuals with a flexible schedule of nights and weekends. Learn from one of the top coding programs in the nation in the latest web development technologies and tools. Curated curriculum will cover full-stack web development.
    Student Loans through MACU
  • U of U ProEd Full-time Web Development

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Ruby
    Rolling Start Date
    Salt Lake City
    In today's digital economy, coding skills are the most demanded across all types of careers and professions. Forbes and LinkedIn noted that those with full-stack web development skills dominate the pay scale and employer desirability. University of Utah Professional Education is excited to bring our students a full-time Web Development Certificate Program, powered by DevPoint Labs. DevPoint Labs was founded by University of Utah graduates as the first full-stack web development program in the state. This course will be held at the DevPoint Lab's Campus in downtown Salt Lake City, located in Church & State Co-working. This full-time, intensive program creates proficiency in back-end and front-end web development through hands on training. Learn multiple programming languages and programs centered around web development like HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, ReactJS, React Native, Git and more. https://devpointlabs.continue.utah.edu
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    Women In Tech & Opportunity In Tech Scholarships available.
    Basic computer knowledge GED or Equivalent
  • User Experience Design

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    Salt Lake City
    *THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT OFFERED* Being able to express design ideas by utilizing sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes is a skill that is in increasingly high demand, and a requirement for any serious career in interactive design or product management. In this course, you’ll receive knowledge and skills in topics like: how to analyze business and usability requirements from a user perspective, drawing solutions with Sketch and best practices for common design patterns such as home pages, forms, search and navigation.
    Student loans available through: Mountain America Credit Union
    Basic computer knowledge & some design experience.

• Great School!!
    - 4/18/2017
    Nathan   User Photo
    Nathan • Student Verified via GitHub

Just completed the full stack web development course and am very happy with my experience. It was a lot of information but was laid out in a very logical way that allowed my skills to build rapidly. With the help of the staff at DevPoint Labs, I went from knowing very little about HTML and CSS to deploying full functioning applications to the web using Ruby on Rails and React.js. I felt DevPoint Labs provided me with a very supportive atmosphere during my 11 week course and taught me a curriculum that made me confident and qualified enough to apply for a junior developer job. I definitely recommned attending this school over the other options SLC has to offer.

• Rachel  User Photo
    Rachel • UI/UX Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

It is called a bootcamp for a reason so be prepared to work. However, I was impressed with how much quicker I learned the concepts in a bootcamp format. I had tried learning JavaScript for 2-3 year on my own with tutorials but only got so far. In 11 weeks, I was able to understand the entire picture and use what I was learning immediately at work.

I currently work for a University and I chose a bootcamp because Universities often have curriculum that is 2 years old, which is not very helpful in the tech industry. For gaining hands on skills in what employers are currently looking for, I could not recommend DevPoint Labs enough. The Instructors are very up-to-date and the TA's are very helpful. Also, never underestimate the power of going to a physical classroom and learning with people in-person. It really excellerated my learning, just like I was hoping for.

• Jacob Fowles  User Photo
    Jacob Fowles • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A year ago to the day I quit my job as an Investment Banker of 10 years. I'd always wanted to learn code and I knew time was running. I'd done my research and felt DevPoint was the best place possible for me to complete a bootcamp.

I took a huge risk with quitting my job. It wasn't the smartest decision I've made and I would never recommend anyone up and quitting without serious thought.

DevPoint did an amazing job turning me into a developer. Both Dave and Jake were nothing short of brilliant in educating me. On top of that, they employed TA's that were knowledgable and patient (you da man Christian). Attending DevPoint will always remain one of the best experiences I've had. I'm now employed at a creative design agency in Salt Lake City and couln't be happier with my career change.

It took me over 3 months to find a job. There are a few things I didn't do during my cohort that affected me getting a job sooner. The biggest was not attending Meetups. Do yourself a favor and attend everyone of them. Become a face in the Ruby and Javascipt communities and your job search will become much easier.

• Randy V.  User Photo
    Randy V. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Part Time Web Development Course and it was worth every penny. The course was well structured and provided us with the necessary tools to learn JavaScript. It can be overwhelming at times and you won't understand the information as it is being taught but over time, you will understand the material. The instructors and TA were the best part of the course. Dave and Jake are both amazing senior software engineers and they teaches you technologies that are being used currently. They are constantly updating the content and I've never seen anyone so passionate about coding!

• Bryan H  User Photo
    Bryan H • Senior Art Director / UX Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Full Stack Javascript course at DevPoint Labs. It was incredibly challenging and satisfying. The curriculum was difficult but there was always consistent and relevant support from the instructors, the TAs as well as the active mentors. I would do it again.

• Erik B  User Photo
    Erik B • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Fall 2014 Full Stack Ruby on Rails cohort.  I had minimal knowledge about programming and decided to change careers at this time. Previously I had a career in purchasing which had very little growth and was not as lucrative as programming was.  After some research and meeting with the founders, I decided to attend DevPoint Labs.

The instructors and founders are very knowledgeable about programming and the different languages and frameworks that are out there. The class had different levels of students (entry to mid level). I never felt intimidated by any of the students or instructors since everyone was around the same skill level  It was an intense 11 week bootcamp but it was fund, I learned a lot and was able to grow a network of programmers/friends from the boot camp.

Today I am enjoying a new career in software development with a great company. I now have the skills that will allow me to grow with a higher financial return.

DevPoint Labs was the way to go for me! I highly recommend DPL!

• Alex   User Photo
    Alex • Student of DevPoint Labs • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I came into DevPoint Labs with very minimal coding experience and I was scared for my life that I wouldn't be able to hang with the pace of the coarse and the rest of my classmates. Jake and Dave did such an amazing job teaching everything in the curriculumn every day and the TAs were all very cool, nice, and helpful. My time at DevPoint was definitely the hardest time of my life, but because of the atmosphere and resources they offer, I was never overly stressed on a problem. I always got the help I needed and I know that I will always be able to go to them for any future assistance. DevPoint is definitely the best move I could have made to jumpstart my career path and I will always be thankful to everyone who works there who is now and will forever be a big part of my life. Highly recommend for everything thinking about which school to go to!

• Cael J.  User Photo
    Cael J. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just completed the full-stack rails course at DevPoint Labs.  It was a wonderful experience!  I highly recommend dedicating your life to coding during your attendance here.  One of the great things about DevPoint Labs is that the resources are readily available for you to take your knowledge as far as you can push yourself.  Beyond the classroom, DevPoint Labs has created a large community of developers with an excellent feeling of camaraderie.  I highly recommend DPL to anyone with a desire to learn how to code.  I began with moderate coding experience in HTML and CSS (among other things), but I had a classmate who began with virtually zero coding experience, and both of us took full advantage of our time here and were both able to progress immensely into the world of web development.  You are not guaranteed a job out of here, but they provide you with the tools necessary to go out and find your place in a development company.

• Logan • Student

Learning how to code is hard. There's just no way around that. What I was really surprised about in my experience with DevPoint Labs is how much fun and comraderie I would experience.

The staff at DevPoint Labs does a really great job mentally preparing students and supporting us through difficult learnings. I have a ton of appreciation for their support and expertise.

They also encourage students to work together, which really helped us connect with people and I loved that aspect of teamwork in my cohort. Overall, I think we all felt a strong atmosphere of comraderie that made the whole experience memorable and fun.

• My Review
    - 7/30/2019
    Ryan Gale • Full-Stack Software Engineer - Direct • Graduate

I was a salesman/customer service person for 8 years before going to DevPoint Labs. I had first looked into going to a coding bootcamp in 2015 while working as a car salesman at Tesla. To be honest I was insecure and thought learning to program would be impossible for me, so I didn't do it.  Fast forward 4 years to 2019, I got laid off from my second sales job in a row and I decided I wanted to do something different. I again started to look into web development/computer programming. It was a really hard decision to quit the job I had just got to do the full-time Spring 2019 cohort. But I now say it all the time, it was the best decision I've made in years. I waited about 3 months to write this review after graduating, I wanted to really assess what I had been taught and how it would be useful in the real world. I was lucky enough to get a job before I even graduated at DevPoint and start working as soon as I was done with the cohort. Now, 3 months later, DevPoint Labs has helped me find an amazing job with an awesome start-up making even more money here in Salt Lake. Marc Price sent this job to the alumni in Slack and it was an amazing opportunity, so I put my hat in the mix. I was able to use the skills they taught me in React to nail the tech interview and nab the job.  If you want to know how to succeed at this whole web dev thing, scroll down these reviews and read Daniel Bailey's review. That's what I did and now I have an amazing job.  If you want to work in front of a computer and build websites/apps for a living, you are absolutely making the right choice going to DevPoint Labs. There are a TON of jobs for web developers, and if you want to be one just start learning, building, failing and succeeding, but I promise you this is an awesome first step and it can literally take you from 0 to an amazing job in 3 months if you let it. If you want to know more details about my experience, hit me up on linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-wendell-gale/

• Great School
    - 5/26/2019
    Mike Moffitt • Graduate

I had a great experiance with Dev Point. I was working full time and did the after hours full dev course and highly recomend it to anyone. If you are like me and cant put things like a mortgage and bills on hold for 12 weeks to be able to do a full time boot camp, then Dev Point is the place for you. They taught me in 12 weeks what would have taken me years to learn on my own. Like others have said you get out what you put in and I did put in the time but it was well worth it.

• Great Coding Intro
    - 5/20/2019
    Brantley • Graduate

I was a student in the part time class. We covered a lot of material in a short time but it was a great introduction to multiple coding languages. More importantly they taught me how to think while coding. This class does not teach you everything you need to know to get a coding job in just 3 months but it does put you on the right trajectory. You will have to put in time outside of class, so make sure you are dedicated and disciplined. Like everything in life you get out what you put in. I'm glad I took the class to gain a stable coding foundation in a short amount of time.

• WORTH IT!
    - 5/16/2019
    Kate • Front End Developer • Graduate

I had the best experience taking the part-time course, but don't get me wrong, it's not easy taking night classes and working during the day. You really have to commit to showing up everyday AND doing the extra work whenever/whereever you can. Dev Point Labs offers all the resources you need to be successful and more. The TA's and instructors are very welcoming and willing to help answer any questions you have. They really do tough-it-out with you and will help you work through any sticking points, it's almost like having a personal tutor! They don't sugar-coat the experience either, they are very clear from day one that the course will take an extreme amount of work, and from my experience, they aren't kidding! If you are willing to put in the work, you will get a ton out of the course. They offer so many resources during and after the course and have really created a welcoming community. I can't say enough kind words about Dev Point Labs.

• Learning to Code
    - 5/15/2019
    Elizabeth King • Graduate

Yes it was tough. Yes it was trying. Yes it was the best experience i've had. DPL taught me everything I needed to know to get started in a career in coding! Tackling working and learning a new set of skills was difficult, and at times I wondered if I would ever get the grasp on what I felt I needed to know, but the instructors were always there to answer any questions I had and to give me the extra help when I did't quite understand something. If I had to do it over again, i would still go to DPL every time.

• Jaxon Porter • Graduate

DevPoint Labs is extraordinary. They really go out of their way to work with and help you to learn what you need to learn to get you a start into the industry. It is a difficult but well worth it challenge. I would recommend DevPoint to anyone.

• Nathan Swift • Graduate

DevPoint was an amazing experience for me and everyone in my cohort. They do not lie it’s challenging but worth every penny of the investment. I saw a one star comment on here of a frustrated student who didn’t get a job. The program never guarantees a job and they say that from the beginning, yet if you apply yourself to the program you should have no problem finding a job with the skill set you gain from DPL. I have had three interviews, a well paid freelance client and felt prepared for each one and this is only my second week out of DPL. DevPoint is epic. Nhi and his team are the best in Utah and I’d be willing to bet the best all around (they’re in the top 50 schools in the nation). My advice - don’t waste your time with unaccredited dev bootcamps and go with the University of Utah’s certified program. I’d trust them over any dev school pop up. They have a set curriculum that is truly geared to teaching you what you need to know and you will leave feeling like you have a support system in the dev world. I still go back and say hi all the time, and if I’m working downstairs the staff comes up to me. Don’t pay for a program, pay for a program with a team behind you ready to help you excel that actually gives a shit about your life. DevPoint is top of the line!

• Jace Gold • Graduate

I took the Full-Time course from DevPoint Labs a while ago and just realized I totally forgot to leave a review.

The course was absolutely fantastic! Great staff, TA's, Instructors, and Administration all worked tirelessly to help us learn not only how to code, but how to think like a developer for whatever languages we eventually end up using and supported their students every step of the way, including after graduation through a network to gain mentorship as well as being a mentor to nearly 600 others and past/present staff.

The unique approach that DevPoint applied to their teaching methods ensures that topics covered stick with you quicker than any other learning method I've used throughout all my years of schooling. They also update their curriculum as soon as new updates to any language in their stack or new methods of doing something become available, sometimes the night before a class is taught. I've never seen anyone be so quick with keeping their curriculum up to date!

The decision to go to DevPoint Labs was very last minute as I was looking for a new career. I dropped everything for three months and it was by far the best decision I have ever made. Having gone to college for Digital Media (graphics design, video production, audio engineering, and basic web development), I feel that those skills on top of what I have learned and continue to learn from DevPoint puts me in a position I could have never dreamt of prior to joining the program. Plus I got a certification from the University of Utah!

I highly recommend DevPoint Labs to anyone looking to change their career for the better. Coding isn't as hard as you'd think. The thought process and thinking like a developer is, and they teach you that wonderfully here!

• Cathy Callow-Heusser • CEO, co-founder • Graduate

I have a computer science degree from the early 80s, but it had been 20 years since I'd done much programming--long before the advent of today's web-based applications. I attended DevPoint Labs/U of Utah Full Stack Web Development bootcamp. I chose DevPoint Labs in part because of the U of U professional development certificate associated with the course, but also because I was awarded the woman's scholarship!

DevPoint's bootcamp provided a great "big picture" look at the languages, libraries and tools used for full stack web development. We also got lots of hands-on experience coding assignments, group projects, and "challenge" opportunities. By the end of the bootcamp, I could build applications using cutting-edge libraries and software tools, and I knew more than enough to be dangerous in understanding other languages and libraries that we didn't explicitely use in class. I gained a strong understanding of how front- and back-end coding fit together, what tools help with coding and debugging, and how to deploy a web-based application.

Coding bootcamps aren't for everyone. You need to be a self-started and independent learner with strong motivation to complete daily assignments--so you don't get too far behind. You need to be able to commit 12-14 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, to completing assignments and learning the skills necessary to become a junior developer. That said, DevPoint's bootcamp gave me the skills I needed to do the things I wanted to do -- start a business, develop apps (2 on the market already), and obtain grants to fulfill the dreams I've had for a long time -- coding applications fior social good. We just received our first Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant to develop a sofftware as a service (SaaS) application. I couldn't have written a convincing proposal for this project without the upskilling and coding skills I learned at DevPoint.

Would I do it again? Glad I don't have to. The intensity of a 12-week bootcamp is challenging. But I'm so glad I was able to attend DevPoint when I did, start a new business, hire other jr. devs who attended DevPoint, and fulfull dreams. A great use of my time to ensure I can end my career by doing the things I"ve wanted to do for a long time. Thanks, DevPoint Labs!

• Robert

The amount of information you will recieve here is overwhelming. More than just material that you can find almost anywhere, you learn a sort of thought process for how to create web applications.

If you are completely new to coding, you will definitely feel overwhelmed, but the instuctors and assitants will be more than happy to sit down and help you out.

The world of web development is one that is vastly more complex due to the variety of solutions available and in use. However I feel that the information and experience that is conveyed from this course is quite valuable. Having attended other training institutions, I can say that what I learned at DevPoint greatly improved my ability to learn and develop.

The course is comprised of long hours and an overwhelming amount of information, but is definitely worth it. If I could do it all over again, I would wish that I had a more solid understanding of JavaScript, but beyond that, this program was great and the atmosphere was relaxed.

• Amber • Student

I came to Utah looking to reboot my career as a web developer but not really knowing the web development schools in Salt Lake. I did a lot of research reading course reviews and what I liked about DevPoint was the sense of community from past students and the feeling that they are never alone after they graduate. After recently going through the program I am seeing it first hand! I was provided with access to resources on not only everything I learned in the program but will also have access to any new content as well. I am part of a continuing slack channel where I can reach out with questions any time. The course itself is challenging but very rewarding!! Dave, the instructor, is amazing at breaking down difficult concepts up to make them easier to understand. He is experienced and very knowledgable not only about the skills you learn but also the web development industry in Salt Lake.  The TA's are great! They don't just give you the answer but help lead you in the right direction to figure it out so you learn more effectively. The staff is awesome and always there to help you out whenever you need it. Overall the best choice to learn web development in Salt Lake!!

• Liz House • Graduate

DevPoint was an exceptional experience. Everything was well thought out from the pre-course work, to the class content, to the Portfolio Project where we got real life experience working with on a client's project. I didn't have any experience in development before this class and that was never seen as an issue, these guys set their students up for success as much as they possibly can. Each students gets out what they are willing to put in and it is worth the work to give it your all.

I highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to break into web development, I wanted to start a new career and this was the perfect jumping off point. Even after graduation I continue to be blown away by DevPoint Labs. They welcome all their students back for hack-a-thons and refresher courses and they are always happy to see their graduates.

• Justin Stoddard • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

This course changes your life. You literally go from maybe knowing a little code to all you need to know to get a job and have a successful career for the rest of your life.

I'm writing this only a few days after the course and have already landed a job. That in itself should be proof to sign up and change your life. This course is hard but its worth it. You sacrifice 11 weeks of your life so you can spend the rest of your life financially free. Don't be afraid of the instructors either. They all take extreme care in making sure you understand every bit of code and do so in a way that inst condescending. You truly gain a true education in this field through Our Lord And Savior DevPoint Labs. Hi Tyson.

• Alicia • Graduate

First let me say that I don’t really have a tech background. My bachelors was in Nutrition/Dietetics, then I worked in the insurance field for 4 years. During that time I started my own outdoor blog, www.GirlonaHike.com, and realized that becoming a Developer was what I really wanted to do. So I really only had about 1-2 year’s experience but only with HTML/CSS.

Instead of saying the same thing as everyone else, “the teachers were great, the community is awesome, you learn a lot” blah blah (and yes those things are true!), I figured I would break it down and give detail on everything from my perspective and what I thought of each area.

Lecture & Assignments

A typical day looks like this:

9:30-12:30pm – Lecture with a 10 min break each hour

12:30-1:30pm - Lunch

1:30-5:30 – work on assignment for the day which is what you learned in lecture

I really liked this setup – I learn best in the morning hours, so for me, having lecture first thing was best. In the afternoon everyone typically works in the chapel so you also get to switch up work areas so you’re not always stuck in a class room.

Homework

There’s rarely “assigned” homework. Your homework is finishing the project you started in the afternoon, whether you worked solo or on a team. If you did finish the assignment on campus, then it’s up to you on how much more you want to work on. I will say this: there’s always something to work on. Some people would work on projects until 1am, some people never worked after class was done. This is the part that is up to you – obviously the more you practice the more you’ll learn and get ahead, but they also know people have families and other hobbies so that’s why you never haveto work on anything, Make it your own. You chose the amount you can handle and level of effort you want to put in to the class.

Food

There’s always unlimited cereal, milk, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, fruit, and other random snacks for free. For Hackathon’s they provide pizza for lunch and bagels and cream cheese for breakfast. There’s a large refrigerator, and several microwaves. I always brought my lunch, but most people either go home if they are close by or go out to eat. They will also randomly have other snacks set out, like donuts or pie. There are also several coffee shops and restaurants nearby. This is not the place to start a diet LOL.

Hackathon’s

There are 2 hackathons, both on Saturdays, and are all day 9-6pm. Each one just tests everything you’ve learned up until that day before the hackathon. You are put into groups of 4-5 people, are given instructions, then you just work on that app all day. You have to take a mandatory lunch break for at least 30 minutes (I guess Utah law requires a break when you work an 8 hour day), and DPL provides breakfast and lunch. They really aren’t bad or scary, they can actually be fun, especially if you are with a good group. At the end of the day, you will present your app to the entire class. The TA’s then “grade” your project and they pick one team as the winner from both the full and part time cohort. One of the prizes was a Raspberry Pi. The week that you have a Hackathon end up being a 6-day week so you only get Sunday off. These weeks can make you feel exhausted.

Social Events

There are 2 social events, ours both ended up being bowling. They are both on a Saturday, typically mid-day. They aren’t required, but good to attend so you get to know your classmates and their families outside of school. They are free, and pizza and sodas are provided.

Career Services

This is a huge area where DPL lacks – there are none. We had a 20 min lecture/presentation on resumes but was very general. It wasn’t until the very last week of class that they said we should turn in our resume for review.

Here’s what I wished they would do:

- I wish they had a list of all the bootcamp-friendly companies that typically or are willing to hire new grads.

- I also wished they did mock interviews so that we would feel more confident going into technical interviews.

- I wish they did some kind of career day event, like have the alumni come back and help with resumes, give talks, help with mock interviews, etc.

They always talk about networking and going to meetups, and that’s great if you’ve lived in Utah forever and know a lot of people but for those of us out of state its really hard to connect with the tech community here. Most new grads in my cohort got a job through “a friend of a friend of a friend” and were handed jobs while the rest of us had to put in tons of effort to even get an interview. It really does make a difference of “who you know.” We did get to visit on local company and that was nice to able to ask real alums and employers what they are looking for.

Parking

Because DPL is downtown, parking is one of the most challenging things You can take the UTA bus/trax; as student through the U you can get half price tickets (just be sure to ask someone at DPL for the special paperwork to get that rate). The monthly rate for taking the bus was only $40. There are a ton of 2-hour parking spots, but there’s no way you can go out to move your car all the time. So most people suck it up and pay for daily parking ($15/day) or park a few blocks away then walk the rest of the way. Some people biked to class as well.

TIPS!

There’s free all-day parking on 6th south, you just have to walk 2 blocks to DPL Push up any work you do to GitHub every day – employers like to see that you are active on there Start applying to jobs around week 2 or 3. You likely won’t get a job that quick but having the interview experience is key, as well as getting your name out there Let everyone know you are looking for a job  Always be working on side projects to fill your portfolio – Udemy.com is a great site Make sure you are on and know how to utilize LinkedIn The TAs can be hard to nail down, so if you have questions or don’t understand something keep bugging them until you get an answer. I didn’t ask enough questions and ended up not understanding some things, even with the help of YouTube and whatnot.

As far as getting a job, I’m still looking. I had a total of 10 interviews but it’s really tough if you don’t already know someone in the field. I’ll keep this updated on how long it takes for me to find work. Overall I did really enjoy the course and learned a LOT! I do feel like this will jump start my career, but only time will tell for how long it takes. Highly recommend it!

• Melissa Hill • Graduate

I just finished the 11 week full-stack bootcamp at DevPoint Labs and it was a amazing experience. Dave is an incredable instructor. I came to DevPoint with zero background in tech and development and he was extremly patrient with me and all the students. He is a great teacher because he stays up to date with the current trends and is constalty changing the content to fit industry standards.

This 11 week course is intense but the Dev team is there to help. The TA and instructors where all so helpful in situations where I felt completley lost and ready to give up. They always encouraged me to work harder and it will get eaiser. They nailed it. By the end you forget about those fears from week 1-3.

Overall my expierience with DevPoint has been amazing. I met friends for life and this program changed my life for the better. At almost 40 years old I am starting a new career and I couldnt be more excited.

• Amazing experience
    - 4/24/2018
    Jandrei D'Marco Pitti • Student • Graduate

This class has been an amazing adventure for me. Having just graduated highschool I was afraid my age would make me feel out of place- but this class was extremely inclusive, everybody was always willing to help and converse even about unrelated matters, we learned a lot, and made some great friends in the process. The learning enviornment is top notch and I never once felt like a nuisance. If you are in a position where youre wanting to get into development than this is a fantastic place to start, dare I say the best place! If youre reading this, defenitely enroll!