devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Madison, Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.

devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (116) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (8) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems, and think creatively. Here, we walk you though the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software, but how do you write it in a flexible, robust way so that your code may even outlive you. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages out there. Beginners get lost in big words, complicated problems, and the slew of technologies used to bring ideas to reality. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers. Good software development stems from good software design, and we take full advantage of that aspect to make learning as entertaining and enticing as possible. After all we want you to love learning and spending time in our coding community.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. Also, accept the Forever GI Bill.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using the most modern technologies so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning. You will have immediate access to instructors to get the mentoring you need when you need it.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit

2 Scholarships

• $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive devCodeCamp scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Time Software Development (Milwaukee)
  • $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

• Part Time Web Development (Milwaukee)

• Nathan Thao • Software Automation Developer • Graduate

I have always had an interest in coding but never pursued it during college. After I graduated I went into retail and stayed there for a little over a year and found myself not satisfied with what I was doing.

This is where I found reviews of devCodeCamp on Facebook and decided to give it a tour. Going into the program, I had little to no experience in coding and now, through this course, I have received more from this course than I had first anticipated.  Now I have a job at a great company and pursuing something I love.

I would recommend this course for anyone that loves to problem solve and loves a challenge. This course challenges you throughout and you definitely get what you put into this course. I am proud to have graduated from dCC.

• Nicholas Johnson  User Photo
    Nicholas Johnson • Mainframe Apprentice • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The best decision I made in 2020 was to attend dev code camp. If you are willing to work hard and learn new things, this is the right place for you!  The teachers are not only knowledgeable, but  love to teach, and are always approachable. I had next to no prior knowledge of computers before attending this course, but I worked hard and now 4-5 months later I have a new career with plenty of opportunity in my future. If you are willing improve dev code camp is a powerful tool to help you reach your goals.
  • Awesome Camp
    - 8/21/2020
    Chong Vang  User Photo
    Chong Vang • Software Technician • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great project base learning. I was able to get my software job because of this school.
  • Dana K.  User Photo
    Dana K. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

A year before I began the bootcamp, I had graduated with a degree in IT, during my studies I had decided that I wanted to go into software development. However, I had only had one class on Java and trying to teach yourself code and software development while working full time is not a viable plan.

I had been casually looking at DevCodeCamp for about 9 months but was always afraid to pull the trigger and quit my job. When Covid hit and I began feeling unsafe at my current job, I decided it was time. It was by far the best investment I have made.

I’m sure it was a challenge to move from classroom based to a fully online program during this time and replicate the same feel. However, they did a great job of keeping you connected as a class and always feeling like you had the support and help you needed. The instructors were available in an instructor’s chat and if they weren’t able to answer it over chat, they would hop on Zoom to help you solve your problem.

You are immediately immersed in the world of software development from day one. You receive lectures, hands-on training, and develop problem solving skills. From the very beginning you are taught to think like a coder, you are given some information but to complete the projects there is a lot of research and problem solving on your own. You are encouraged to try and solve the problems yourself but are also encouraged and expected to ask questions if you are stuck. It provides you with a lot of real-world experience as you begin to enter your new career.

After graduation, you are provided job hunt resources such as technical interview practice, resume review and much more. As someone new to the field, upon receiving my first request for a technical interview I immediately reached out for some help and Mike T developed a mock technical interview for me. I am happy to report that a month and a half after graduation I received a job offer.

If you are having hesitations, I promise that this program is a great investment that sets you up for success in the future.
  • Danielle D.  User Photo
    Danielle D. • Junior Quality Assurance Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I went into devCodeCamp with zero coding experience and 3 months after graduation, have received my first job offer as a developer! I have always been interested with tech, gaming, and computers maybe slightly more than the average person, but all of my career experience was in the customer service industry and medical field. I decided to look into this bootcamp because an old friend of mine had graduated from the program a few years back and spoke highly of it. I am so very happy that I took the leap to make a change for myself! The program is challenging and moves fast, but the instructors are there to support whenever you feel like you are "stuck." The curriculum does push you to start thinking like a developer right away and gets you feeling confident about self-learning. The instructors have done a great job with all the information and experience fit into the program without being overwhelming for someone who has never programmed before. My particular class had experienced the in-person campus as well as going remote about half-way through due to Covid. My unsolicited advice for anyone ready to invest in themselves with this bootcamp would be to dive in to the projects, ask as many questions as you can, and remember to give yourself breaks when needed!
  • Michael Backes  User Photo
    Michael Backes • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    - The program at devCodeCamp has a very well thought out and holistic curriculum that gives you the programming knowledge you would expect while still building up other practical skills you need as a developer(working in and managing groups, using Scrum/Agile practices for meetings, time management and timeboxing, etc.).
    - The lectures are very clear and give you the information you need without being overlong.
    - The instructors make themselves very easily available to provide help and guidance when you need it, though as you become more capable they will expect you to handle most things on your own so that you will not become over-reliant on others and run to your manager for advice on every snag you encounter.

Overall, the experience was both very informative and very enjoyable and I would recommend it if you are looking for a path to a new career.
  • Tony Seichter  User Photo
    Tony Seichter • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    devCodeCamp was great.  In the past, I have tried to teach myself to program multiple times. After a day or two I would lose my drive, or get bored or frustrated, and walk away.  Now I am a full stack developer.

At devCodeCamp, the pace was really engaging. They started us with basic syntax and logic puzzles, to shape up our brains into program logic mode, and after a week of that we hit the ground running making simple command console games while we learned about methods, classes, and data structures.

I was in the first remote class, because Covid. I was pretty concerned because I knew I wanted the classroom environment to keep me focused, but it ended up great, morning lectures got me out of bed and working, and the format worked really well, no raised hands or waiting for instructors to be available, we just dropped a message in the instructor group chat and they were always ready to help.

I want to give a shout-out to the instructors, They were the best.  I have one memorable morning where I couldnt sleep and got up at some crazy early time in the morning, pulled out my code. I was having a problem, threw a question in the instructor chat, and pivoted to a different part of the project figuring I would hear back in a few hours, maybe 7:30 at the earliest.   Nope.  It wasn't even 5 in the morning yet when an instructor popped on and pointed me in the right direction to solve my difficulty.
    Another time I pasted hundreds of lines of code to the instructors and just said "its not working" and David jumped in and started digging though it asking me a couple questions that told me he was definitely doing his best to find my bug.  The instructors are dedicated and want the students to succeed more than I think some of the students themselves wanted to succeed.

The days flew by at a frantic pace, and any time I was getting close to done with the proscribed project I would try and add my own flair, which helped me learn even more.  Then we got out of fun mode, no more video games, all of the sudden I knew about SQL and how to design a database.  I found out what a restful api was, and within days I was pulling data from the internet into my applications with ease.  I think they gave us 3 days and a weekend to learn HTML/CSS, and then on monday,  bam, make an HTML/javascript webpage that that pulls a restful api and shows the data using javascript.  I was pretty worried because we had only covered javascript for like a day, but it wasn't so different from the c# that the course focuses on.   This pace continued right to the end, and kept me focused on learning before anything else.  Lecture in the morning, code after till my program worked, day after day.

We did a lot of solo work, some group work, and it was a grand old time, if frustrating.   I think that frustration is just part of programming.

My biggest advice going in is never be afraid to take five, go outside and throw a ball at your dog, or take a few minute reddit break. I had quite a few naps.  If you can't manage and shed frustration you're going to burn out.  But come back to the code till it works, if you leave things broken over night it can be hard to remember what you were doing.
    Get in there, have fun with it, but remember it's a $17,800 course, treat it like you're in a cubicle at a hundred dollar an hour job, you will succeed and make more that in the first year out.
  • Christy Yang  User Photo
    Christy Yang • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I went to DevCodeCamp with zero experience and by the end of the course I felt really good about where I was and where I was going. The instructors are absolutely wonderful. They are super helpful, always encouraging students to ask questions and extremely welcoming. No one is discriminated nor is left out of the one-on-one hands on learning experience from these instructors. All the guidance I received was very positive. When I felt myself struggling, it’s like they knew the right steps to take to help me understand and move forward in a way that is sort of personal to who you are and how you learn. I attended DevCodeCamp a little before the pandemic hit and ended up having to go remote half through the course. The change worked for me and I never once felt like the one-on-one experience and teachings disappeared. It actually felt like they reached out more frequently to make sure we were all doing okay. Three months after graduation, I received a job offer. Mind you, this is during a pandemic. The school helped me with the job that I got and I could not be more grateful for all their help and assistance. devCodeCamp changed my life and if you’re looking for a bootcamp to attend, look no further.
  • Aaron Madison  User Photo
    Aaron Madison • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Absolutely awesome experience, would recommend to anyone looking to break into the Software Development field. Their curriculum is very in depth and fast moving, everything works together to bring you to a deep understanding of the stack their working in. The instructors are awesome, it's a perfect mix of serious knowledge and fun wittiness. The in class environment is great, the building is very accessible and easy to work in. Overall an amazing experience for anyone who is looking for a new career, or just looking to pick up some programming skills.
  • Awesome Experience
    - 5/11/2020
    Justin Haldeman  User Photo
    Justin Haldeman • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    This program was an awesome experience. It taught me not only how to code but how to solve problems. I'm better at solving problems by breaking them down. The instructors were awesome. They always wanted to help. I highly recommend this program.
  • Experience
    - 5/9/2020
    Victor Meza  User Photo
    Victor Meza • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Working closely with instructors that actually cared about your projects. My personally assigned instructor Michael H, took all the necessary steps to in-depth explain programming principles, good writing conventions and conceptual background of some algorithms and data structures.

For our personal projects Michael T. Helped tremendously, helping guide my decision making and project direction when things inevitably got complicated. While at times some concepts were difficult to grasp; the instructors made an effort to go over the concepts again in a different way to really ensure we're ready to implement them in the real world.

While at times, it was frustrating they would have limited involvement; the skill of learning how to research on your own will set me up to learn endless programming languages, with the added benefit of having them as a support team for concept that are increasingly difficult to grasp.
  • Jeff A Cate  User Photo
    Jeff A Cate • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Not what I was expecting but definitely worth the work. Their process of retraining the mind to think like a developer is pretty impressive. Including whiteboard challenges into a fully immersive and intense agile environment gets you ready for whatever the future holds.
  • Look no further!
    - 1/10/2020
    Amelia Szymanek  User Photo
    Amelia Szymanek • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The best advice I received before my course began was to fully immerse myself into the program because the time flies when you're at devCodeCamp. By choosing to immerse myself and soak up as much information as possible, I know my time spent here was worthwhile. I cannot believe the amount of personal growth I experienced throughout the course. I am grateful for the instructors and leadership for their support throughout the course.