devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.
From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.
devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.
Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.74
Recent devCodeCamp News
- June 2019 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- September 2017 Coding Bootcamp News + Podcast
- 18 Coding Bootcamps with Free or Affordable Housing
In PersonFull Time50 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $17,800 Class size N/A Location MilwaukeeWhat does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems, and think creatively. Here, we walk you though the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software, but how do you write it in a flexible, robust way so that your code may even outlive you. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages out there. Beginners get lost in big words, complicated problems, and the slew of technologies used to bring ideas to reality. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers. Good software development stems from good software design, and we take full advantage of that aspect to make learning as entertaining and enticing as possible. After all we want you to love learning and spending time in our coding community.
Deposit N/A Financing
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
OnlinePart Time30 Hours/week16 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $15,800 Class size 15 Location MilwaukeeWith devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using the most modern technologies so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning. You will have immediate access to instructors to get the mentoring you need when you need it.
Deposit N/A FinancingSkills Fund, Climb Credit
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Placement Test No Interview Yes
103 reviews sorted by:
- Great Experience, love the instructors!- 5/13/2020Aaron Madison • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedInAbsolutely awesome experience, would recommend to anyone looking to break into the Software Development field. Their curriculum is very in depth and fast moving, everything works together to bring you to a deep understanding of the stack their working in. The instructors are awesome, it's a perfect mix of serious knowledge and fun wittiness. The in class environment is great, the building is very accessible and easy to work in. Overall an amazing experience for anyone who is looking for a new career, or just looking to pick up some programming skills.
- Awesome Experience- 5/11/2020Justin Haldeman • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via GitHub
- Experience- 5/9/2020Victor Meza • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via GitHubWorking closely with instructors that actually cared about your projects. My personally assigned instructor Michael H, took all the necessary steps to in-depth explain programming principles, good writing conventions and conceptual background of some algorithms and data structures.
For our personal projects Michael T. Helped tremendously, helping guide my decision making and project direction when things inevitably got complicated. While at times some concepts were difficult to grasp; the instructors made an effort to go over the concepts again in a different way to really ensure we're ready to implement them in the real world.
While at times, it was frustrating they would have limited involvement; the skill of learning how to research on your own will set me up to learn endless programming languages, with the added benefit of having them as a support team for concept that are increasingly difficult to grasp.
- Any experience to Software Developer- 5/5/2020Jeff A Cate • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via GitHubNot what I was expecting but definitely worth the work. Their process of retraining the mind to think like a developer is pretty impressive. Including whiteboard challenges into a fully immersive and intense agile environment gets you ready for whatever the future holds.
- Look no further!- 1/10/2020Amelia Szymanek • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedIn
The best advice I received before my course began was to fully immerse myself into the program because the time flies when you're at devCodeCamp. By choosing to immerse myself and soak up as much information as possible, I know my time spent here was worthwhile. I cannot believe the amount of personal growth I experienced throughout the course. I am grateful for the instructors and leadership for their support throughout the course.
- Check this place out!- 1/10/2020Andrew Szymanek • Graduate • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedIn
The instructors and VP are very much interested in your learning and success. They provide assistance even outside of normal work hours if you are working on a project and trying to meet a deadline. I came here as a veteran using the GI Bill and the process to use that resource was absolutely seamless. I can't say enough good things about this place, so please give this one a look!
- Great experience- 12/10/2019Jake Gambino • Full Stack Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedIn
Summary: I went from working in janitorial work for almost a decade, with minimal development/coding experiences to accepting a job at a Fortune 500 company as a Full Stack Engineer. The instructors are great. They are relatable, accessible, and generally fun to be around.
The funding options seem to be very flexible, especially with the ISA option (income share agreement). My plan was to attend devCodeCamp back in late 2017/early 2018, but I couldn't make the funding work. When they introduced the ISA as an option, I returned and am very glad I did. With the ISA, they only get paid if I get paid over a certain threshold and there are limits (both in time and amount).
The program was challenging and engaging. Every time I felt like "I got this! No problem!" we would get a new assignment and I'd be right back to "I guess I have no clue what I'm doing." It's a constant up and down as you are introduced new topics. And make no mistake, there are a LOT of areas covered.
After graduation, the support was excellent. When I received my Associate's Degree (in a different field), it felt like I graduated and got thrown to the pits. This was NOT the case at devCodeCamp. In the month it took me to interview/accept a position, I was in constant contact with the individuals involved with the program, including being able to stay in the classroom and continue working/applying for jobs.
The environment they cultivated is truly impressive. It's collaborative, challenging, and there's never a dull moment. It is hard work and some weeks will require you to work beyond the normal class hours (looking at you, capstone projects), but it is worth it. With my new role, I will be almost doubling the salary I was earning just 16 weeks ago (12 for program, 4 to find job).
- Jackpot- 7/29/2019Charles Erickson • Associate Software Developer • Graduate • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedInI went into devCodeCamp with no real knowledge or experience. I am still floored by how much I was able to learn in the 14 weeks I was a student here. The entire course is built around teaching the technical aspects and the abstract ones. This means that instructors will help you learn code languages, structures, and techniques as well as learning new ways to approach problems and where to look to learn new things and solve issues yourself. My advice to anyone thinking of coming is to take the leap and gamble on yourself. With the experience and staff at devCodeCamp it's a sure thing.
- Worth it!- 6/20/2019Deja A • Associate Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedIn
From day 1 you will dive right into coding! This isn't the traditional "sit down and learn from a textbook" classroom environment, this is very hands on and you will always be learning something new. After finishing college with a 4-year degree in something that has nothing to do with coding, I was looking for a change. I heard about devCodeCamp from word-of-mouth and decided to give it a try and I never looked back. There will be times where it feels like a roller coaster, you will have days where everything is clicking in your mind and there will be days when you will need to focus a little bit more. When there was times where I felt like I was getting lost, the instructors was there to help me with each project. They want you to succeed! Looking back 4 months ago I never thought I would accomplish this much! Going in without a coding background, and now looking back I am glad I took the leap of faith and joined devCodeCamp. The process to enroll into the program was very smooth and easy! In devCodeCamp you are provided with a great knowledge of coding as a foundation to go forth and learn any other language or create more applications. I was able to find a job quickly, jump starting my career as an engineer. If you are on the fence about this program, jump off the fence and dive in!
- A Must Have For All Skill Levels- 6/19/2019Stephen McDonnell • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedIn
I had a rather unique experience at DevCode Camp as I entered as both a veteran and had significant schooling in Computer Science prior to attendance.
AS A VETERAN:
Support could not have been better. There were many former service members like myself from all different branches that were able to easily transition into careers with the skills obtained from DevCode Camp. As one of the few programs that accept the GI Bill, tuition was fully covered and I was even able to take advantage of housing on-site in one of the Pritzloff's Loft apartments with other students at no cost.
AS A COMPUTER SCIENCE MAJOR:
Being just short of my degree with no software development or engineering experience I found it hard to compete with peers in my field. Despite the shortage of developers and programmers companies rage about, finding a job even with a degree is extremely challenging without the skillsets or experience desired by each specific company. Through DevCode Camp I was able to hone already learned skills, learn best practices, and gain some very intense experience in technologies I never would have touched in an academic environment but are common practice in today's industry. The ability to properly apply skills/technologies learned is crucial and yet severely lacking in most academic programs but is instilled in each graduate at DevCode Camp.
- Worth It.- 6/6/2019Felipe Perez • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedIn
I checked out devCodeCamp a while ago and was skeptical at first. I saw some reviews that turned me away. My friend decided to sign up to later in the year and showed me what he was working on. I was amazed to say the least. I had two classes under my belt; languages not taught at the camp, and was still hazy on actual programming and software development.
I signed up and was blown away at the help the instructors gave, how they taught, and how the curriculum was laid out to give us the foundation and stack on it. You really don't need any experience before coming here, but you do have to work hard. I am glad I signed up, now I can deliver quality software and begin my journey as a software engineer.
- Awesome life changing experience !- 4/23/2019Kanwarjit S Rupyal • Course: Full Time Web Development • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedIn
Well, to be honest, I was really scared to start with this. Knowing that it is a fast paced learning environment and would have to leave my job and invest my savings into it and me personally have never studied in any American institution before this(I am from India), I was risking everything. But now I am glad that I took the right decision as the knowledge that I have now would not have been possible without devCodeCamp.
The team of Instructors led by Mike, is a really awesome team. Not only they helped me with my questions but also encouraged me, and brought me back up whenever I would feel little low. Environment in the camp is positive and each of the instructors are available anytime of the day to help you.
devCodeCamp teaching philosophy is learning by doing, and that's exactly what one would get. I got real hands on experience on coding in industry standard projects. Overall, it is worth your money as it would not only teach us the technologies but also prepare for the future.