devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Madison, Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.

devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.74

all (103) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (8) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems, and think creatively. Here, we walk you though the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software, but how do you write it in a flexible, robust way so that your code may even outlive you. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages out there. Beginners get lost in big words, complicated problems, and the slew of technologies used to bring ideas to reality. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers. Good software development stems from good software design, and we take full advantage of that aspect to make learning as entertaining and enticing as possible. After all we want you to love learning and spending time in our coding community.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. Also, accept the Forever GI Bill.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using the most modern technologies so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning. You will have immediate access to instructors to get the mentoring you need when you need it.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit

I started with no background in software development. While the 12 week bootcamp was intense, it was definately worth it. Instructors were helpful but didn't hold my hand the whole time.  Hiring day was held a few weeks after I finished the bootcamp.  This is where a bunch of companies came in, we presented our projects and met with each company.  I received a job offer from one of these companies as a Jr. Developer.  Excited for what my future now holds!

They will tell you what you want to hear to get your money.

I was in the class and was struggling very early in the program, but was repeatedly assured that I would be able to get through the program to prevent me from dropping or refunding. Come to find out at the end that they have difficulties placing me for a position and that I wasn't qualified the whole time. Good thing I wasted my time away from my family to try and provide for them.

The instructors were not helpful and reffered the students to Google all the time. Seems to be a lack of real world knowledge, all answers are very vague. The lead instructor quit while I was there. All these other good reviews were the rockstars of the class that had more knowledge and help from the instructors. Fox 6 news was distracting during class too. Search for the article if the link doesn't work. http://fox6now.com/2016/02/18/breaking-the-codes-tough-lesson-for-frustrated-students-they-closed-the-doors-on-us/
  • Got refund
    - 6/29/2016

I think they're charging too much for what they're offering.  It's on the side of amateurish in the classes I attended.  Some time wasting and unorganization which is completely inappropriate for the price tag.  They gave me a refund after waiting forty days, but most students are taking student loans so they don't see it the same way as someone paying out of pocket.  The 'admissions' process is a joke and I suspect there will be many unprepared people entering programming bc it's cool and they'll be out their money fast.  Maybe they'll get a job that's better than the one they had.  In a sense devcodecamp is cornering the desperation present in Milwaukee.  I don't like the owner and the management.  Instructors should start their own without them.

• Anonymous • Applicant

I'm writing a brief review of my experience in choosing to attend devcodecamp. 1) The classroom environment is so non traditional and awesome and that fits into the bootcamp style of learning 2) the most important to me was the instructors I met in the admissions interview wanted to make sure I was a fit, they were knowledgable, made tech concepts understandable for me and overall seemed to put my outcome of a job over just getting me to enroll 3) I spoke to students already in the course and what I was told by Paul about the course they verified 4) I was able to speak to 2 hiring companies that actually had hired devcodecamp grads and learned that they were impressed by the knowledge of the student grads they had interviewed. The .net program is in-demand and needed in the Wisconsin area. Excited to begin

• devCodeCamp review
    - 6/13/2016
    Anonymous • Web/Application Developer • Graduate

devCodeCamp from top to bottom does an excellent job in preparing students and graduates for success in the professional market. From the intense and in depth subject matter to the most relevant technologies and how to use them. It is my opinion that the best thing I took away from devCodeCamp was not just the ability to learn the content that is presented but to be a better learner in general. This is an ever changing market and fast moving career. Being able to keep pace is crucial. You will only get out what you put in, but the instructors are there to push you as far as you want to go.

• Scott M Tracy • Graduate

After only a week into the program I felt like Neo from "the Matrix", Except instead of knowing Kung Fu, I knew HTML.  It was amazing to see how fast we could learn each new concept or language.  The instructors were masterful in keeping us engaged and helping us push ourselves.  After Completing the course I am confident I have the skills to gain employment as a junior developer,  my developer friends have confirmed this.

• Scott M Tracy • Graduate