devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Madison, Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.

devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (116) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (8) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems, and think creatively. Here, we walk you though the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software, but how do you write it in a flexible, robust way so that your code may even outlive you. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages out there. Beginners get lost in big words, complicated problems, and the slew of technologies used to bring ideas to reality. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers. Good software development stems from good software design, and we take full advantage of that aspect to make learning as entertaining and enticing as possible. After all we want you to love learning and spending time in our coding community.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. Also, accept the Forever GI Bill.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using the most modern technologies so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning. You will have immediate access to instructors to get the mentoring you need when you need it.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit

2 Scholarships

• $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive devCodeCamp scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Time Software Development (Milwaukee)
  • $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

• Part Time Web Development (Milwaukee)
  • Christian Petersen • Student

Hello, my name is Christian Petersen and this is my story.  My interest in software development started back in the MySpace days when I found myself spending countless hours editing my profile with basic HTML and CSS coding.  Back then I had no experience or knowledge of what I was doing, I just knew that I really enjoyed the creative aspect of constructing a unique webpage with code.

While I was in college pursuing my degree in Business, I took an elective in webpage development.  Taking this class solidified my interest in pursuing software development as a career, but I was too far into my degree that it did not make sense to switch majors.

It was not until I was visiting a friend in Milwaukee, WI that I stumbled upon a devCodeCamp advertisement on my FaceBook newsfeed.  I started to do research on the program and was unable to find reviews so I took a chance and went to an open house to get more information.  I was incredibly skeptical given the cost were pretty high and the lack of feedback, but still found myself curious on what they were all about.  Going to the open house peaked my interest more, however the one thing that sold me on the program, was that they offered a refund if you started and decided software development wasn’t for you or if you reached the first make it or break it point and did not pass and wanted to get out.  You may want more of a reason, but for me personally I was looking for a big change and I love being creative with code so that is all I needed to take the plunge and move to Milwaukee from Orlando, FL to start my adventure.

The sign up process is pretty simple, but very thorough.  You will have to attend a couple of one on one interviews in which you will be shown the facility, possibly meet some students, and be reinforced the level of difficulty of the program.  This is not a tactic to scare you, just to help prepare you for the amount of work you will receive.  Most people in the program started it with little to no experience in coding, so do not think that you will be alone – there will be plenty of people who can relate to what you are going through.

Like I said before, my experience with coding was using basic HTML and CSS language.  To date, I have been in the fulltime program for six weeks and can honestly say that I do not regret my decision.  During my time here, we have tackled Javascript and are now learning C#.  I will not lie and say that the process has been a picnic, but what is comforting is that you are never without support when you reach a rough patch.  You can find support from an instructor, or from other students.  Everyone is super understanding and willing to help because they are your devFamily (cheesy – I know).  You will receive multiple projects, some fairly simple and some that are more comprehensive and challenging.  You will come to class one day full of confidence, and the next completely stumped on an obstacle that racked your brain for many hours.  Again, the instructors are there to help, however the most liberating feeling you will have is when you overcome the obstacle and just want to scream with joy (some do).

If you find yourself interested in software development, are looking for a change of pace, and like the idea of challenging the standards of education, devCodeCamp might be a great fit for you.  You will only know if you give it a shot.

• Highly Recommended
    - 12/16/2015
    Ryan Roethle • Jr. Software Developer • Graduate

Definitely an intense program. Currently in my 8th week here but the gains I've made as a programmer are worth the effort. If your willing to put the work in, you will definitely be pushed beyond your limits. Just got through learning about design patters and time complexity for various data types. This program aims not just to turn you into a successful programmer, but more importantly into a highly skilled software developer. Highly recommended.

• Rewarding
    - 12/15/2015
    Mike Terrill • Jr. Software Developer • Graduate

The amount of information regarding coding I learned and comprehended after one week was staggering. Even though the program is intense and certainly not for everyone, obtaining knowledge about coding and understanding how to apply it is its own reward. I look forward to what is in store for me going forward.

• Disappointing
    - 12/7/2015

Program was unorganized, particularly the curriculum. Instructors were knowledgeable but less than helpful. Seemed like they were more concerned about growing their business than helping students learn. Essentially a $15k course on how to use Google.

Would not recommend.

• Challenging
    - 11/10/2015

This program challenged my like no other schooling. Worth the work

• Not amazing
    - 10/26/2015

I cannot recommend this program.  Google is your primary instructor.

• Amazing!!!!
    - 9/24/2015

Amazing atmosphere, learned a lot in such a short time

• Best Decision!
    - 1/10/2020

I am so glad that I made the decision to attend the Software Development bootcamp with devCodeCamp. I was looking for a way to learn more about coding and most of the options available to me were either all online or a four year schooling. I tried an online course but I didn't like trying to get on a chat with someone when I would get stuck. One of the best parts of devCodeCamp is the instructors. They are all awesome at what they do and so willing to help. Having them as a resource made it possible for me to complete this course. It is a lot of information in a short amount of time so it is very challenging and frustrating but so worth it!

• Anonymous • Digital Consultant • Graduate

My experience with devCodeCamp was very positive. The instructors are helpful, and they teach in a way that forces you to learn the core principles of programming. DevCodeCamp also teaches from the ground up (they assume you have little-to-no experience with coding), but they offer extra projects for those that finish early on assignments. The best part about devCodeCamp is the learning environment. Everyone here wants to learn, which helps give you motivation to push yourself while you are here!

As a freelance photographer and graphic designer, I had been thinking about what I my skillset was missing. After doing some research, I found that learning to code would be the most advantageous. The trio of photography, design, and coding (full stack) could work so well together.  The problem was I didn't know where to start or what everything meant in the coding realm.

A friend recommended devCodeCamp. After the initial tour, I scheduled a follow up, where I asked 30+ questions about the program, what skills were taught, and what the expectations were.

This program is a bootcamp. You need to be dedicated, you need to work hard, and you need to basically put life on hold until you’ve finished. It makes the world of difference and the reward is worth it.

All to say dCC gave me the foundation I was looking for.

• Changed my Life
    - 9/29/2016
    Anonymous • Application Software Developer • Graduate

In 14 weeks I went from knowing NOTHING about coding becoming a competent and knowledgable software developer. 8 weeks later, I accepted an offer for a little bit over what devCodCamp lists as the average salary. It was extremely difficult for me, even though school had always been easy in the past, but the immersive nature of the program, combined with the project-based curriculum ensured that if I actually completed the work, there was no way I didn't learn the concepts. The instructors are very knowlegdable and extremely helpful, and the deployment staff was there for me 100% as I looked for jobs. Basically, everything they advertise on the website about the program turned out to be correct: It was very hard, the learning style works for the content, the deployment process is no joke and will get you plenty of opportunities for employment. If you can swing the cost, and you're willing to put the rest of your life on hold for a few months, this program will change your life.

• I recommend dCC
    - 9/27/2016

I recently attended the full time fullstack C# .Net boot camp. Like half my class I was a college grad wanting to add coding skills to my resume because I felt it would get me the kind of job I'd like and have the opportunity to vastly improve what I was earning.

dCC delivered as I received several job offers each offering salaries in the 50's with benefits.

I'm not going to reiterate what many of the reviewers have said about the class as they accurately portray what the program is about. What I will say is I'm glad I didn't buy into the controversy regarding the other school you read about online. I found the school environment in terms of instructors, space and what I learned to be top notch and even more than what was advertised. dCC doesn't participate in federal fafsa loans so the news story was like comparing apples to oranges to me.There's nothing like dCC in Milwaukee to my knowledge and I'm very thankful that I trusted what I saw and heard from students in my visits to dCC prior to enrolling.