devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Web and Software Development. The full-time, full-stack 14-week Software Development Bootcamp focuses on the in-demand Microsoft Stack. C#, .NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Python, JavaScript, and more. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts. Our part-time, full-stack Web Development Bootcamp teaches the modern MERN Stack. React.js, MongoDB, Node.js, Express.js, JavaScript, and more.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job-seeking strategies, personal branding, resumes, and interview workshops.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (131) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (9) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems and think creatively. We take you through the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software but how do you optimize it to run efficiently and in the manner it was intended. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. We also accept VA Benefits for veterans.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using modern technologies (MERN FullStack) so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit, VA Benefits for veterans
  • Luis Diaz • Graduate

They teach you everything you need to know to be a jr developer. More importantly they teach you how to teach yourself which is a crucial skill to have as a developer considering there are new technologies all the time.

I recently acquired a job and while it took me a long time I can say that dCC was there for me the entire time. They hooked me up with presentations and interviews until I finally received a job. As long you come in to the camp here and there, dCC will keep helping you.

All and all I highly recommend devCodeCamp to anyone looking to be a jr developer.

• Easily Worth it
    - 3/10/2017
    Jake Drohman • Graduate

First off, let me say that I would recommend devCodeCamp to everyone that I know who is serious about coding and tired of the plain old curriculum or cost of traditional schooling. I went into this without any actual programming experience until I started the pre-course work. Throughout this program, you gain valuable experience programming in several different languages as well as working in a team based environment. More than that though, devCodeCamp provides you with a conductive environment where there are people in all steps of the program so that you have the ability to learn from others as well as teach the people in the earlier classes. All this taken into account, the greatest things that I have taken away from devCodeCamp was the incredible community, the work ethic you gain, and the ability to be independent. The instructors will slowly almost push you away forcing you to be able to think differently about the problems you encounter and learn on your own. I am incredibly glad to have done this, and would only want to go back to improve on my projects that we did in the beginning of the course. Everyone was amazing and I hope they continue to do their good work.

• Renuka Vishnubhakta • .NET Developer • Graduate

I attended devCodeCamp in the fall of 2016.  The course is challenging and fast-paced -- not for the faint-of-heart.  The instructors are knowledgeable and approachable; I never had any qualms about asking for clarification or extra help.  They instilled confidence and provided guidance when necessary.  In addition to the programming languages, we were also taught problem-solving skills and effective research techniques.  We were taught team skills through team projects; an invaluable skill that is necessary in software development.

devCodeCamp also provided guidance regarding the job hunt.  I had three in-person interviews as a result of their efforts on my behalf.  They also showed us how to interview, how to prepare a tech resume, and how to approach the job search productively.  I was able to answer questions and propose coding strategies during the technical parts of the interviews that I had.  It took me less than three months to find a job.

What is paramount to keep in mind when considering the course is that it requires a great deal of independent effort in addition to class.  I had to review at night after class and work on projects during the weekends.  I didn't have a lot of spare time.  Students must be totally committed to this effort to be successful.

I was able to achieve my personal employment goals, I learned a lot, and I formed lasting professional relationships with other students.  Would I do it again?  Absolutely and without reservation.

• Nathan Thao • Software Automation Developer • Graduate

I have always had an interest in coding but never pursued it during college. After I graduated I went into retail and stayed there for a little over a year and found myself not satisfied with what I was doing.

This is where I found reviews of devCodeCamp on Facebook and decided to give it a tour. Going into the program, I had little to no experience in coding and now, through this course, I have received more from this course than I had first anticipated.  Now I have a job at a great company and pursuing something I love.

I would recommend this course for anyone that loves to problem solve and loves a challenge. This course challenges you throughout and you definitely get what you put into this course. I am proud to have graduated from dCC.

• Eric Werner • Software Developer • Graduate

Before I heard about devCodeCamp, I was taking courses part-time at a technical college for web and software development. Since I was working full time and taking classes at night, I had four semesters (two years) left and had only built console applications focusing on simple concepts. Then my team at work hired a devCodeCamp grad. I was impressed with not only his technical skills but also the positive feedback he had about his experiences with the camp. After taking a tour and meeting with a few instructors, I was sold. So far it is the best career decision I have ever made. In a matter of weeks I was building full ASP.NET applications and developing the tools needed to write programs I could showcase to potential employers.

DevCodeCamp's teaching methods rely on resourcefulness, self-sufficiency, and perseverance. You are presented with the basics and expected to teach yourself the rest. Not everyone will thrive in this environment, but those who survive set themselves up for a promising career in a dynamic and growing field. You will be challenged and you will likely struggle. There will be days you hit a wall that delays any progress for hours. But persistence is key here and the instructors are always available to support you and point you in the right direction. Not only will you learn how to code, but you will learn more efficient ways to learn. This will only help you moving forward, both professionally and personally.

I chose to find a job on my own outside of devCodeCamp, so I cannot speak to any explicit experiences with those services. But I will say that the instructors and staff are fully committed to assisting you with this process and that many graduates have found success via this option. I was fortunate enough to find a job in my career within a month of graduating -- something I didn't think was possible six months ago.

Bottom line: if you are serious about coding, you would be hardpressed to find a better option than devCodeCamp.

• Benjamin Sterner • Application Software Developer • Graduate

I enrolled in devCodeCamp after having grown sick of working factory jobs.  It is one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life.  The course is challenging and hectic, but an excellent way of learning to code.  After just a few weeks we were working on projects that it took friends of mine in traditional software development degrees years to get to.  The most important part of the course is that they help you find employment once you graduate, I had my first interview within a week of graduating, and start my new job, making money I didn't think possible a few months ago, on Monday.  I am beyond satisfied with devCodeCamp, would, and do, reccomend to everyone I meet.

• Kristofer Falk • Software Developer • Graduate

This course is for anyone willing to accept a challenge. You get out of this program what you put into it. If you are ready to completely dedicate yourself to a new learning experience, then this course is for you.

I recently accepted a job as a Software Developer at a great company just after about two months from graduating from DevCodeCamp Milwaukee.  Going into this program, I had a little experience writing code, but this course brought those skills from novice to professional.

I highly recommend this course for anyone that wants to become a great software developer and start a career in a great field sooner rather than later.

• Hilary Berigan • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

Being an immersive bootcamp, of course devCodeCamp is challenging and pushes your limits. This type of environment enabled me to learn more than I ever thought possible. I came into the course with your basic "I use computers for social media and writing papers in college" computer knowledge. By the end, I was able to develop my own web applications. Now, within a few months of graduating, I have a position as a Junior Developer with a great company.

I would recommend devCodeCamp to someone who has strong problem-solving skills and is looking for a challenge every day. The instructors are fun, quirky and knowledgeable. They foster a collaborative environment amongst students that allowed us to not only learn from each other, but form friendships as well. For me, it was a very worth-while experience!

• Erik Johnson • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

devCodeCamp offers an immersive learning environment where you are guided along a path that teaches you the building blocks of coding and instructs you on how to problem solve. Everyday you are surrounded by people with the same goals as you, working on the same or similar projects and everyone helps each other along the way. It is an excellent environment for learning.

devCodeCamp got me a job as a junior software developer in 4 months. I worked hard, on top of the 11 hour days I often continued coding when I got home and many times through the entire weekend. I even worked on a side project after completing class projects. My goal was to get a job as a junior software developer and devCodeCamp made that happen. I am recklessly pleased with the results! :)

• Excited!
    - 10/6/2016
    Ian Jacobs • Associate Developer • Graduate

I was just hired at a local web design firm after recently graduating from the full-time program at dev Code Camp.

The camp taught me how to teach myself, and now I have an amazing sense of direction in my life and the tech world. I enjoyed spending so much time with my instructors and colleagues and truly miss being there already.

• Huy Ngo • Graduate

I have attempted to learn code at a 4-year university as elective courses and although I made it through a handful of courses, I did not recieve the same rewarding level of education that I received at devCodeCamp.  With the courses at the university, I merely felt like I was doing the work in order to pass the class whereas in devCode, I truely wanted to immerse myself in the environment and continue learning more and more code.  At devCodeCamp, you will learn and they will teach you in a manner where it will click for you.  My experience with code was not the easiest, but a devCodeCamp I was finally able to get over my wall and wrap my mind around code.

With that being said, the journey is by no means easy.  I think devCodeCamp found a formula and style to efficiently teach code but it will not come naturally, you must also put in the effort and time (which is not a concern because you'll be there 10hrs/day for 5 days a week).  You will get what you put in.  Although my class was one of the bigger ones, it was hard to expect constant attention from the instructors, but it taugh me to dig deep and solve these problems on my own which is what you want by the end of the course.  There will be many days where you will want to give up and quit but the end result will be very rewarding and you'll actually know more than you think.

• Dan Y • Graduate

Taking this course was definitely one of the tougher things that I have done, but also completely worth it. I had always been interested in coding but could not take any steps towards it because I didn't think I could with my job and my upcoming wedding plans.

I decided to take a tour and that decision may have changed my life. I did have to dedicate that time span strictly to coding and researching. I fully understood that the time spent improving my projects and going in early to speak with instructors were going to pay off. Now, I feel empowered by the things I've learned and done in the course.

Not long after I graduated, I had interviews lined up and coding challenges assigned. The instructors, without a doubt, set me up for success. I'm very proud to have graduated from devCodeCamp.