devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Madison, Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.

devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (116) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (8) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems, and think creatively. Here, we walk you though the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software, but how do you write it in a flexible, robust way so that your code may even outlive you. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages out there. Beginners get lost in big words, complicated problems, and the slew of technologies used to bring ideas to reality. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers. Good software development stems from good software design, and we take full advantage of that aspect to make learning as entertaining and enticing as possible. After all we want you to love learning and spending time in our coding community.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. Also, accept the Forever GI Bill.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using the most modern technologies so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning. You will have immediate access to instructors to get the mentoring you need when you need it.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit

2 Scholarships

• $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive devCodeCamp scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Time Software Development (Milwaukee)
  • $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

• Part Time Web Development (Milwaukee)
  • Nathan Thao • Software Automation Developer • Graduate

I have always had an interest in coding but never pursued it during college. After I graduated I went into retail and stayed there for a little over a year and found myself not satisfied with what I was doing.

This is where I found reviews of devCodeCamp on Facebook and decided to give it a tour. Going into the program, I had little to no experience in coding and now, through this course, I have received more from this course than I had first anticipated.  Now I have a job at a great company and pursuing something I love.

I would recommend this course for anyone that loves to problem solve and loves a challenge. This course challenges you throughout and you definitely get what you put into this course. I am proud to have graduated from dCC.

• Eric Werner • Software Developer • Graduate

Before I heard about devCodeCamp, I was taking courses part-time at a technical college for web and software development. Since I was working full time and taking classes at night, I had four semesters (two years) left and had only built console applications focusing on simple concepts. Then my team at work hired a devCodeCamp grad. I was impressed with not only his technical skills but also the positive feedback he had about his experiences with the camp. After taking a tour and meeting with a few instructors, I was sold. So far it is the best career decision I have ever made. In a matter of weeks I was building full ASP.NET applications and developing the tools needed to write programs I could showcase to potential employers.

DevCodeCamp's teaching methods rely on resourcefulness, self-sufficiency, and perseverance. You are presented with the basics and expected to teach yourself the rest. Not everyone will thrive in this environment, but those who survive set themselves up for a promising career in a dynamic and growing field. You will be challenged and you will likely struggle. There will be days you hit a wall that delays any progress for hours. But persistence is key here and the instructors are always available to support you and point you in the right direction. Not only will you learn how to code, but you will learn more efficient ways to learn. This will only help you moving forward, both professionally and personally.

I chose to find a job on my own outside of devCodeCamp, so I cannot speak to any explicit experiences with those services. But I will say that the instructors and staff are fully committed to assisting you with this process and that many graduates have found success via this option. I was fortunate enough to find a job in my career within a month of graduating -- something I didn't think was possible six months ago.

Bottom line: if you are serious about coding, you would be hardpressed to find a better option than devCodeCamp.

• Benjamin Sterner • Application Software Developer • Graduate

I enrolled in devCodeCamp after having grown sick of working factory jobs.  It is one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life.  The course is challenging and hectic, but an excellent way of learning to code.  After just a few weeks we were working on projects that it took friends of mine in traditional software development degrees years to get to.  The most important part of the course is that they help you find employment once you graduate, I had my first interview within a week of graduating, and start my new job, making money I didn't think possible a few months ago, on Monday.  I am beyond satisfied with devCodeCamp, would, and do, reccomend to everyone I meet.

• Kristofer Falk • Software Developer • Graduate

This course is for anyone willing to accept a challenge. You get out of this program what you put into it. If you are ready to completely dedicate yourself to a new learning experience, then this course is for you.

I recently accepted a job as a Software Developer at a great company just after about two months from graduating from DevCodeCamp Milwaukee.  Going into this program, I had a little experience writing code, but this course brought those skills from novice to professional.

I highly recommend this course for anyone that wants to become a great software developer and start a career in a great field sooner rather than later.

• Hilary Berigan • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

Being an immersive bootcamp, of course devCodeCamp is challenging and pushes your limits. This type of environment enabled me to learn more than I ever thought possible. I came into the course with your basic "I use computers for social media and writing papers in college" computer knowledge. By the end, I was able to develop my own web applications. Now, within a few months of graduating, I have a position as a Junior Developer with a great company.

I would recommend devCodeCamp to someone who has strong problem-solving skills and is looking for a challenge every day. The instructors are fun, quirky and knowledgeable. They foster a collaborative environment amongst students that allowed us to not only learn from each other, but form friendships as well. For me, it was a very worth-while experience!

• Erik Johnson • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

devCodeCamp offers an immersive learning environment where you are guided along a path that teaches you the building blocks of coding and instructs you on how to problem solve. Everyday you are surrounded by people with the same goals as you, working on the same or similar projects and everyone helps each other along the way. It is an excellent environment for learning.

devCodeCamp got me a job as a junior software developer in 4 months. I worked hard, on top of the 11 hour days I often continued coding when I got home and many times through the entire weekend. I even worked on a side project after completing class projects. My goal was to get a job as a junior software developer and devCodeCamp made that happen. I am recklessly pleased with the results! :)

• Excited!
    - 10/6/2016
    Ian Jacobs • Associate Developer • Graduate

I was just hired at a local web design firm after recently graduating from the full-time program at dev Code Camp.

The camp taught me how to teach myself, and now I have an amazing sense of direction in my life and the tech world. I enjoyed spending so much time with my instructors and colleagues and truly miss being there already.

• Huy Ngo • Graduate

I have attempted to learn code at a 4-year university as elective courses and although I made it through a handful of courses, I did not recieve the same rewarding level of education that I received at devCodeCamp.  With the courses at the university, I merely felt like I was doing the work in order to pass the class whereas in devCode, I truely wanted to immerse myself in the environment and continue learning more and more code.  At devCodeCamp, you will learn and they will teach you in a manner where it will click for you.  My experience with code was not the easiest, but a devCodeCamp I was finally able to get over my wall and wrap my mind around code.

With that being said, the journey is by no means easy.  I think devCodeCamp found a formula and style to efficiently teach code but it will not come naturally, you must also put in the effort and time (which is not a concern because you'll be there 10hrs/day for 5 days a week).  You will get what you put in.  Although my class was one of the bigger ones, it was hard to expect constant attention from the instructors, but it taugh me to dig deep and solve these problems on my own which is what you want by the end of the course.  There will be many days where you will want to give up and quit but the end result will be very rewarding and you'll actually know more than you think.

• Dan Y • Graduate

Taking this course was definitely one of the tougher things that I have done, but also completely worth it. I had always been interested in coding but could not take any steps towards it because I didn't think I could with my job and my upcoming wedding plans.

I decided to take a tour and that decision may have changed my life. I did have to dedicate that time span strictly to coding and researching. I fully understood that the time spent improving my projects and going in early to speak with instructors were going to pay off. Now, I feel empowered by the things I've learned and done in the course.

Not long after I graduated, I had interviews lined up and coding challenges assigned. The instructors, without a doubt, set me up for success. I'm very proud to have graduated from devCodeCamp.

• Recent Graduate
    - 6/15/2016
    Jim B • Software Developer • Student

I was interested and took a tour.  I decided to enroll because devCodeCamp promised to provide what I would need to learn to be able to get a job as a software developer in 14 weeks.  My expectations matched up with what I experienced during the course.  We typically spent some time getting an introduction to a topic and the rest of our time doing exercises or building projects.  It was very hands on and much different from taking a regular class or tutorial to learn how to code.

Everyone you talk to will be very clear that you will get out of it what you put into it.  I had to work long hours every day learning very difficult material at a very fast pace.  Much of the course is spent on learning how to do things on your own under a deadline, which should prepare you for a work environment.  It is a huge time commitment if you really dedicate yourself to learning everything and completing all the assignments.  I also felt overwhelmed and frustrated at times.  Part of the course is learning how to fail, deal with setbacks, and still complete an assignment.

I am starting to look for a job and feel very comfortable that I will be able to get started somewhere and be able to improve from there.  I have a good base to build on.

The instructors will be honest that do every class a little differently.  As a result you may end up be doing a project that has never been taught before to a previous class.  Some of these brand new projects might not be as tried and true as others.  Also, because you move at such a fast pace, there is not a lot of time to review past assignments and improve the code you wrote or even revise it in anyway.

My final impression would be that if you want to complete the course and suceed it is really up to you.  The instructors will be there to help but you won't turn into a software developer unless you put in the work.

• dCC Review
    - 6/15/2016
    Jesus C. • Graduate

Very very intense program, called bootcamp for a good reason. I would recommend it to those that are determined and willing to put the work in. You apply what you learn in lectures immediately, but you'll find yourself researching and problem solving on your own for the most part. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. It helps you take initiative instead of waiting around for help, which is a skill I believe any employer would want in their employees. The staff of instructors are more than qualified and I wish the program was longer to have more time to pick their brain. The program will push you to the limit, you'll feel like you're in over your head, but you can always take a break and play some video games, foosball, table tennis, or take a walk downtown to release some stress.

The program is evolving and improving, I recommend anyone who is interested in expanding their tech knowledge to take a tour of the place.

• DevCodeCamp Grad
    - 6/14/2016
    Carlos • Graduate

The way DevCodeCamp gave me and the rest of my class the opportunity of learning the business side of things i was amazed of how much devcode camp really wants to do more then just make software engineers. The instructors were very excited to see us learn and expand our knowledge of programming into more then just working for a business. I know the instructors also wish we had more then fourteen weeks to learn the bigger picture of programming. i am very grateful to have decided to come to DevCodeCamp and i do not regret it. I am a proud graduate and will wear it on my resume for my entire life.