devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Web and Software Development. The full-time, full-stack 14-week Software Development Bootcamp focuses on the in-demand Microsoft Stack. C#, .NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Python, JavaScript, and more. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts. Our part-time, full-stack Web Development Bootcamp teaches the modern MERN Stack. React.js, MongoDB, Node.js, Express.js, JavaScript, and more.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job-seeking strategies, personal branding, resumes, and interview workshops.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (131) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (9) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems and think creatively. We take you through the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software but how do you optimize it to run efficiently and in the manner it was intended. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. We also accept VA Benefits for veterans.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using modern technologies (MERN FullStack) so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit, VA Benefits for veterans
  • Patrick N • Graduate

If you're serious about joining a coding bootcamp, and willing to work hard, you can't go wrong with dCC.  The instructors are hands down the best teachers I've ever had, you'll be amazed at how much they can teach you in 3 months.  After graduation, Paul provided tons opportunities for me to show what I've accomplished to different companies, and I ended up getting a position with the first company I applied for!  I worked hard but also had fun and made many lifelong friends, I will always look back on my time spent at dCC with nothing but positive memories.

• Ryan Kunz • Junior Developer • Graduate

devCodeCamp has a great team of instructors that are very passionate about coding. I still can’t believe how much I learned from this program in such a short period of time. Before devCodeCamp I took a couple of computer science courses at UW-Milwaukee. Everything I learned between those almost 40 weeks was eclipsed after our first lecture day. The curriculum at devCodeCamp focuses on how to actually create something useful without spending so much time on theory. Being a 12 week course, It is fast paced; If you have zero experience expect to be putting in over 50 hours a week.

• Jaryd Carson • Software Developer / Instructor • Graduate
    Incredibly happy to have taken this course. I got out of the marine corps in 2018 and felt lost. After talking with Paul and Wendy I was instantly sure this was the right path for me. Now that I am a graduate, I know for a fact that I am able to learn any language that I choose to because of the skills that devCodeCamp gave me!
  • Adam • Front End Developer • Graduate

My friends are considering doing a coding boot camp and I immediately recommended them to devCodeCamp. The atmosphere is positively energetic and perfect for learning. Above all, the instructors are incredibly knowledgable and committed to your success.

• Sarah Steiner • Graduate

I will forever be grateful to devCodeCamp. What started out feeling like a leap of faith, turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. Before devCodeCamp, I had a four-year degree in a totally unrelated area, and overtime I began feeling trapped in that field. I had absolutely zero coding experience, but knew I needed a change. After taking a tour of devCodeCamp and meeting with Paul and other very passionate and driven individuals, I knew this was where I needed and wanted to be.

devCodeCamp is the real deal—it’s intense, it’s fast-paced, and to be honest, it’s mentally and emotionally draining at times. But that’s because it works. Nothing of value comes easy. You have to want it and work for it, but you’re also not left to fend for yourself. The instructors are some of the most impressive, intelligent, and kind people I’ve ever worked with. They want you to succeed and are there to support you every step of the way, all the way through to employment.

Quite frankly I got way more out of devCodeCamp in 12-weeks than I did attending a four-year university. You jump right in and get hands-on immediately. I came in with zero, I mean zero, coding experience, but I’m leaving confident and excited to apply my skills in the field. The learning doesn’t stop after devCodeCamp, but that’s the beauty of it all—you develop the tools for lifelong problem-solving and creating. If you’re curious and looking for something more, I urge you to checkout devCodeCamp. It may be the first step in changing your life!

• Ben Pantazon • Associate Engineer • Graduate

Attending devCodeCamp was the best decision to help me reach my goals. As a graduate from a 4-year university looking to change careers, I was struggling to learn programming languages on my own. After hearing about devCodeCamp from my friends, I was initially skeptical due to my belief in the traditional school system. However, my first week in the program taught me that devCodeCamp is a legitimate organization that strives to bring their students success. The staff proved to be extremely knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile.

The course can wear on you, as it is an intense 12-week program that constantly presents new information and challenges. However, the students and staff are incredibly supportive. Staff members are available 24/7 and are open to giving extra tutoring sessions if students are struggling on certain topics.

The job assistance is outstanding. The staff helps you build a resume, write cover letters, offer additional interview practices, and even sets up presentations/interviews with businesses. They're with you every step of the way.

Ultimately, devCodeCamp gave me the tools I needed to land a job at my dream company. I highly recommend devCodeCamp for those that are willing to put everything they have towards entering the field of software development.

• Josh Weber • Graduate

Now if you're reading this I'm sure you have doubts in your mind about if a boot camp is really worth it and does it work. I'm here to tell you it that it's more than worth it. Coming into devCodeCamp I had no prior knowledge about how to code and I was worried that I wouldn't understand concepts. Day by day though I kept at it, strengthening my knowledge of how to code. Don't get it wrong though this class isn't a walk in the park, it's a boot camp, challenging but in a great way. If you continue to put forth the effort you will see the results in a tremendous way. The instructors at dCC are always right there along your side to help you understand and push you in the right direction. The environment is perfect for a learning atmosphere, you build relationships with your fellow classmates right from the beginning by working on group projects that put you in a job like situation. I 100% believe in the curriculum that they teach at devCodeCamp because it works, they told me right from the beginning that what I put in is what I will get out and they were totally right. 3 months later and I have a great understanding of C#, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript while making a fully functional website, amazing! Just make sure you're working extra hard not only just in class but outside in free time too, it's only for 3 months and that 3 months goes by super fast. If you like problem solving while using some thought logic this is the perfect route for you.

• Great Choice
    - 12/10/2018
    Josh Stoltenberg • Graduate

Instructors are friendly and helpful, willing to help you with any problems. It's a big commitment as they tell because they call it a bootcamp for a reason. Having some some basic programming experience beforehand helped make the first couple weeks easier but there is always extra things to learn and practice that they will give to you if you finish early. You spend most of your time working on projects and less sitting in lectures. After graduating I feel confident continuing to learn as the program teaches you to problem solve and you get used to picking things up quickly and doing something cool with it. If software development is what you want to do and you are willing to put in hard work then I highly recommend the program.

• Jeff N. • Graduate

I had no programming experience but wanted a career change, so I looked into software development.  I spoke to Paul at DevCodeCamp and it was a sombering conversation.  He stressed that this is a boot camp and you really have to work hard at it to succeed,  Looking back at the course now that I've finished it, Paul was absolutely right.  At 50 hrs/week for 12 weeks, you're putting in as much time as 2 yrs in college! The curriculum is fast paced, but the instructors are always there to encourage and help you. As an estimate, the course consists of about 20% lectures and 80% individual and group projects. It took me a while to get used to the non-traditional nature of the program. Given the limited amount of time to cover so many subjects, it might be the best way or only way.  You'll learn by doing and researching on your own, with the help from very knowledgeable instructors.  When I first applied to DevCodeCamp, the program director Paul T. told me that in this course, they're teaching me how to learn.  I didn't quite get that.  Now I do. I recommend this bootcamp for those who want to get into rapidly growing field with high job demand, but you really have to want it and work hard because it'll be one of the toughest 12 weeks of your life.

• Fantastic!
    - 11/10/2018
    Dylan • Automation Developer • Graduate
    devCodeCamp was the best decision to better myself in a development career path. Started in college, but didn't think I was getting enough information. I took a chance with dCC and ended up beating out 3 college developers for a position at MSI Data.
  • Steven Volbrecht • Graduate

I tell everyone that it is tough and designed to be that way. I also tell everyone that it is worth it. The instructors know their stuff, the course is centered around actual projects that give you something you can show off and you come out of it with functional knowledge of coding and web development.

• Career Shift
    - 10/17/2018
    Julie Dressner • Graduate

At the time I found devCode I really wasn't sure what career shift I wanted to pursue, but I knew I needed to make a change.  The staff at devCode were very friendly and answered all my questions and gave me time to look into software development and decide if that was the career shift I wanted.  I am very glad that I did choose devCode.  The program was very challenging but rewarding, the instructor were fantastic and always willing to help answer questions or to go over concepts that we had just learned.  I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot.  Coming out of devCode and applying for jobs has been some what challenging but I have just accept an offer and am excited to continue developing my skills in this field.