devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Madison, Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.

devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (116) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (8) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems, and think creatively. Here, we walk you though the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software, but how do you write it in a flexible, robust way so that your code may even outlive you. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages out there. Beginners get lost in big words, complicated problems, and the slew of technologies used to bring ideas to reality. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers. Good software development stems from good software design, and we take full advantage of that aspect to make learning as entertaining and enticing as possible. After all we want you to love learning and spending time in our coding community.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. Also, accept the Forever GI Bill.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using the most modern technologies so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning. You will have immediate access to instructors to get the mentoring you need when you need it.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit

2 Scholarships

• $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive devCodeCamp scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Time Software Development (Milwaukee)
  • $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

• Part Time Web Development (Milwaukee)
  • Adam • Front End Developer • Graduate

My friends are considering doing a coding boot camp and I immediately recommended them to devCodeCamp. The atmosphere is positively energetic and perfect for learning. Above all, the instructors are incredibly knowledgable and committed to your success.

• Sarah Steiner • Graduate

I will forever be grateful to devCodeCamp. What started out feeling like a leap of faith, turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. Before devCodeCamp, I had a four-year degree in a totally unrelated area, and overtime I began feeling trapped in that field. I had absolutely zero coding experience, but knew I needed a change. After taking a tour of devCodeCamp and meeting with Paul and other very passionate and driven individuals, I knew this was where I needed and wanted to be.

devCodeCamp is the real deal—it’s intense, it’s fast-paced, and to be honest, it’s mentally and emotionally draining at times. But that’s because it works. Nothing of value comes easy. You have to want it and work for it, but you’re also not left to fend for yourself. The instructors are some of the most impressive, intelligent, and kind people I’ve ever worked with. They want you to succeed and are there to support you every step of the way, all the way through to employment.

Quite frankly I got way more out of devCodeCamp in 12-weeks than I did attending a four-year university. You jump right in and get hands-on immediately. I came in with zero, I mean zero, coding experience, but I’m leaving confident and excited to apply my skills in the field. The learning doesn’t stop after devCodeCamp, but that’s the beauty of it all—you develop the tools for lifelong problem-solving and creating. If you’re curious and looking for something more, I urge you to checkout devCodeCamp. It may be the first step in changing your life!

• Ben Pantazon • Associate Engineer • Graduate

Attending devCodeCamp was the best decision to help me reach my goals. As a graduate from a 4-year university looking to change careers, I was struggling to learn programming languages on my own. After hearing about devCodeCamp from my friends, I was initially skeptical due to my belief in the traditional school system. However, my first week in the program taught me that devCodeCamp is a legitimate organization that strives to bring their students success. The staff proved to be extremely knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile.

The course can wear on you, as it is an intense 12-week program that constantly presents new information and challenges. However, the students and staff are incredibly supportive. Staff members are available 24/7 and are open to giving extra tutoring sessions if students are struggling on certain topics.

The job assistance is outstanding. The staff helps you build a resume, write cover letters, offer additional interview practices, and even sets up presentations/interviews with businesses. They're with you every step of the way.

Ultimately, devCodeCamp gave me the tools I needed to land a job at my dream company. I highly recommend devCodeCamp for those that are willing to put everything they have towards entering the field of software development.

• Josh Weber • Graduate

Now if you're reading this I'm sure you have doubts in your mind about if a boot camp is really worth it and does it work. I'm here to tell you it that it's more than worth it. Coming into devCodeCamp I had no prior knowledge about how to code and I was worried that I wouldn't understand concepts. Day by day though I kept at it, strengthening my knowledge of how to code. Don't get it wrong though this class isn't a walk in the park, it's a boot camp, challenging but in a great way. If you continue to put forth the effort you will see the results in a tremendous way. The instructors at dCC are always right there along your side to help you understand and push you in the right direction. The environment is perfect for a learning atmosphere, you build relationships with your fellow classmates right from the beginning by working on group projects that put you in a job like situation. I 100% believe in the curriculum that they teach at devCodeCamp because it works, they told me right from the beginning that what I put in is what I will get out and they were totally right. 3 months later and I have a great understanding of C#, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript while making a fully functional website, amazing! Just make sure you're working extra hard not only just in class but outside in free time too, it's only for 3 months and that 3 months goes by super fast. If you like problem solving while using some thought logic this is the perfect route for you.

• Great Choice
    - 12/10/2018
    Josh Stoltenberg • Graduate

Instructors are friendly and helpful, willing to help you with any problems. It's a big commitment as they tell because they call it a bootcamp for a reason. Having some some basic programming experience beforehand helped make the first couple weeks easier but there is always extra things to learn and practice that they will give to you if you finish early. You spend most of your time working on projects and less sitting in lectures. After graduating I feel confident continuing to learn as the program teaches you to problem solve and you get used to picking things up quickly and doing something cool with it. If software development is what you want to do and you are willing to put in hard work then I highly recommend the program.

• Jeff N. • Graduate

I had no programming experience but wanted a career change, so I looked into software development.  I spoke to Paul at DevCodeCamp and it was a sombering conversation.  He stressed that this is a boot camp and you really have to work hard at it to succeed,  Looking back at the course now that I've finished it, Paul was absolutely right.  At 50 hrs/week for 12 weeks, you're putting in as much time as 2 yrs in college! The curriculum is fast paced, but the instructors are always there to encourage and help you. As an estimate, the course consists of about 20% lectures and 80% individual and group projects. It took me a while to get used to the non-traditional nature of the program. Given the limited amount of time to cover so many subjects, it might be the best way or only way.  You'll learn by doing and researching on your own, with the help from very knowledgeable instructors.  When I first applied to DevCodeCamp, the program director Paul T. told me that in this course, they're teaching me how to learn.  I didn't quite get that.  Now I do. I recommend this bootcamp for those who want to get into rapidly growing field with high job demand, but you really have to want it and work hard because it'll be one of the toughest 12 weeks of your life.

• Fantastic!
    - 11/10/2018
    Dylan • Automation Developer • Graduate
    devCodeCamp was the best decision to better myself in a development career path. Started in college, but didn't think I was getting enough information. I took a chance with dCC and ended up beating out 3 college developers for a position at MSI Data.
  • Steven Volbrecht • Graduate

I tell everyone that it is tough and designed to be that way. I also tell everyone that it is worth it. The instructors know their stuff, the course is centered around actual projects that give you something you can show off and you come out of it with functional knowledge of coding and web development.

• Career Shift
    - 10/17/2018
    Julie Dressner • Graduate

At the time I found devCode I really wasn't sure what career shift I wanted to pursue, but I knew I needed to make a change.  The staff at devCode were very friendly and answered all my questions and gave me time to look into software development and decide if that was the career shift I wanted.  I am very glad that I did choose devCode.  The program was very challenging but rewarding, the instructor were fantastic and always willing to help answer questions or to go over concepts that we had just learned.  I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot.  Coming out of devCode and applying for jobs has been some what challenging but I have just accept an offer and am excited to continue developing my skills in this field.

• Graduate
    - 10/17/2018
    Nevin Seibel • Graduate

The decision to join devCodeCamp was definitely the best career decision I've ever made.    My initial concerns were that this course was going to be way too much work for me. And in the beginning, it was a little overwhelming with how much information I was getting and how fast our course work was moving. However, once I got into the swing of things (and got used to the 7am start time) everything suddenly seemed to be much more manageableThe course was tough to be sure but was incredibly rewarding!  The course work was always fun and engaging.  I never had a project that I didn’t want to be doing.  This was especially surprising to me because of my time in traditional education.  Any time I would get an assignment from my professors at UWM, I would groan a hefty groan.  So to be working on projects that I actually wanted to do was an incredibly refreshing change.  I truly believe anyone who is willing to put their “A” game into this course will get exactly what they want out of it.

• Eric Henderson • Graduate

I went in with no coding experience.  After a short time I was solving problems in ways I never thought about.  The instructors were awesome, always available, and helpful along the way.  After completing the program, they helped me get in contact with recruiters of great companies. With devCode in my corner, I was able to get my first development job.  I'm excited for what the future holds.

• Skeptical to Hired
    - 6/27/2018
    Aaron Edelman • Software Engineer • Graduate

I started contemplating devCodeCamp after evaluating my career in the insurance industry, and deciding that I would much prefer working in IT. I spent a month after quitting my job trying the self-study route using free online resources such as CodeAcademy and the online MIT CS101 course. I found it was difficult to focus and self-motivate for the 8-10 hours a day I knew it would take to learn enough to switch careers. I had read negative reviews of coding bootcamps, and of devCodeCamp in particular, so I was hesitant to enroll. What tipped the scales for me was knowing that, even if the camp did not back up all of its promises, it would at least provide the structure I needed to buckle down and study.

My experience at the camp was positive. It starts slow then requires more time and effort as the weeks pass. The instruction was satisfactory. The instructors would present concepts over the course of a few days, then assign a project that  incorporates those concepts. I got a job using the main language taught at devCodeCamp, and I feel as though their coverage of the language adequately prepared me to contribute. The instructors had different styles, some would almost write code for the people who asked while another was dismissive of any question asked. I think I benefitted more from not being spoon-fed information, as it taught me to research the answers to my problems and led me to not overly utilize other engineers at my current job.

I started with a class of 16 people. 4 dropped out before completing the course. 5 graduated on time. 6 graduated after re-doing projects on completion of the course. 1 completed the course and did not graduate.  Of the 11 people in my class who eventually graduated - 8 that I know of have jobs in the industry. After graduation I put in 30-40 hours a week at devCode, applying for jobs and improving my skills. Due to my dedication I received three interviews through Paul, the engagement and employment head at devCodeCamp. I was hired through that third interview, three months after graduating. We were told that about half of graduates were hired through their own efforts, and half were hired through a connection at devCodeCamp, and I would say that is true based on the experiences of my peers.

So of the 16 people that started in my cohort, half have great jobs, which they wouldn't have gotten so quickly without the guidance of devCodeCamp, and half are probably pretty disappointed with their experience. The school is not a golden bullet to a position in the IT industry. For the most part you can decide if you are in the happy group or the disappointed group. If you have the ability to focus on complicated tasks with little oversight for hours every day, perservere through months of rejected job applications, and don't have a bad personality, then I would say do it. If not, then you are throwing away your money and time. For me, enrolling at devCodeCamp was one of the best decisioins I've made in my life.