devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.

devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (123) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (9) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems and think creatively. We take you through the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software but how do you optimize it to run efficiently and in the manner it was intended. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. We also accept VA Benefits for veterans.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using modern technologies (MERN FullStack) so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit, VA Benefits for veterans
  • Greg Manthey • Graduate

My only exposure to coding prior to attending devCodeCamp was some college classes a decade prior (which did help, but I hadn't touched Visual Studio since then).

The course itself is project based, and a big part of it is learning how to learn to code. You get 12 weeks of intense class with instructors who want you to succeed in the real world. The instructors teach the lectures (which accounts for roughly 10 percent of course time overall), but more importantly, are there to support you when you get stuck on a problem.

In addition to coding, you'll learn and practice Agile development. I struggled with this at the beginning, but became comfortable in the stand up meetings before the end of the course. There are also two capstone projects (group and individual), which will add to your resume and brings us to the last part of this review: career services.

One you complete the course, you will have a decent idea of what you want to be doing (probably some form of software development). You will receive guidance on setting up your resume to get companies to notice you. In addition, there are many local connections which can land you a position with a great company.

All in all, devCodeCamp is a worthy investment, and an all in one solution for someone interested in software development.

• Ridvan • Graduate

I was at devCodeCamp this summer 2019 from a Science Teacher background. For people who want to learn to code and switch careers, this is the place for them in Milwaukee. The instructors are very friendly and knowledgeable, they are always willing to help. The atmosphere is inviting, collaborative, and encourages to go above and beyond. You learn a lot with the variety of projects you're given including both solo and group projects. devCodeCamp teaches students real business processes including how to work using the Agile methodology. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to pursue a career in programming.

• Top Tier
    - 8/23/2019
    Steve Brunelli • Graduate

I came into devCodeCamp looking to make a career change quickly and had zero background experience in coding. Its called a bootcamp for a reason, they teach you how to think like a full-stack developer and give you the tools to succeed (without the yelling and screaming). The learning environment is very hands on from day one until you're done. Instructors are available to help you outside of the standard hours as well.

The key to success: have an open mind and the willingness to re-learn how to solve problems.

Job support is fantastic. Their network is growing month after month and will only continue to get bigger and better.

10/10
    Would recommend.

• B • Student

I attended devCodeCamp in the Full Stack program. It seemed cool at first, and I felt like I was learning new things. Plus, it felt neat studying in a historic building overlooking downtown. Things kind of started unraveling the further I got into it, though.

When we would bounce things off of each other, trying to familiarize ourselves with (for many of us) these completely new concepts, we were told that we needed to work independently so that we could figure things out on our own. Then when we worked on our own, we were told that we weren't working together enough and that we needed to collaborate. It also ended up being pretty bro-centric and I had a hard time concentrating with the antics going on around me. I was reined back in when I literally walked down the hall to work in a co-working space with other grown adults who knew how to share space, because I was told that the instructors needed to keep an eye on me.

I didn't really get a sense of how everything fit together. We jumped from one thing to the next without a clear idea of how things related to each other. I ended up cutting my losses half way through and getting a partial refund while I still could.

I chose to do the bootcamp because I thought it would be a little more organic and free-range, but it ended up feeling more restrictive and less satisfying than when I attended the university. Some people clearly succeed at devCodeCamp, and you can read their reviews. If I had it to do over, I would take the money I'm still paying on my loan and put it towards books, online self-paced programs (so much more affordable!), and then attend meetups, hackathons, and other events where I could self-educate and network - especially with other under-represented demographics.

• Patrick N • Graduate

If you're serious about joining a coding bootcamp, and willing to work hard, you can't go wrong with dCC.  The instructors are hands down the best teachers I've ever had, you'll be amazed at how much they can teach you in 3 months.  After graduation, Paul provided tons opportunities for me to show what I've accomplished to different companies, and I ended up getting a position with the first company I applied for!  I worked hard but also had fun and made many lifelong friends, I will always look back on my time spent at dCC with nothing but positive memories.

• Ryan Kunz • Junior Developer • Graduate

devCodeCamp has a great team of instructors that are very passionate about coding. I still can’t believe how much I learned from this program in such a short period of time. Before devCodeCamp I took a couple of computer science courses at UW-Milwaukee. Everything I learned between those almost 40 weeks was eclipsed after our first lecture day. The curriculum at devCodeCamp focuses on how to actually create something useful without spending so much time on theory. Being a 12 week course, It is fast paced; If you have zero experience expect to be putting in over 50 hours a week.

• Jaryd Carson • Software Developer / Instructor • Graduate
    Incredibly happy to have taken this course. I got out of the marine corps in 2018 and felt lost. After talking with Paul and Wendy I was instantly sure this was the right path for me. Now that I am a graduate, I know for a fact that I am able to learn any language that I choose to because of the skills that devCodeCamp gave me!
  • Adam • Front End Developer • Graduate

My friends are considering doing a coding boot camp and I immediately recommended them to devCodeCamp. The atmosphere is positively energetic and perfect for learning. Above all, the instructors are incredibly knowledgable and committed to your success.

• Sarah Steiner • Graduate

I will forever be grateful to devCodeCamp. What started out feeling like a leap of faith, turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. Before devCodeCamp, I had a four-year degree in a totally unrelated area, and overtime I began feeling trapped in that field. I had absolutely zero coding experience, but knew I needed a change. After taking a tour of devCodeCamp and meeting with Paul and other very passionate and driven individuals, I knew this was where I needed and wanted to be.

devCodeCamp is the real deal—it’s intense, it’s fast-paced, and to be honest, it’s mentally and emotionally draining at times. But that’s because it works. Nothing of value comes easy. You have to want it and work for it, but you’re also not left to fend for yourself. The instructors are some of the most impressive, intelligent, and kind people I’ve ever worked with. They want you to succeed and are there to support you every step of the way, all the way through to employment.

Quite frankly I got way more out of devCodeCamp in 12-weeks than I did attending a four-year university. You jump right in and get hands-on immediately. I came in with zero, I mean zero, coding experience, but I’m leaving confident and excited to apply my skills in the field. The learning doesn’t stop after devCodeCamp, but that’s the beauty of it all—you develop the tools for lifelong problem-solving and creating. If you’re curious and looking for something more, I urge you to checkout devCodeCamp. It may be the first step in changing your life!

• Ben Pantazon • Associate Engineer • Graduate

Attending devCodeCamp was the best decision to help me reach my goals. As a graduate from a 4-year university looking to change careers, I was struggling to learn programming languages on my own. After hearing about devCodeCamp from my friends, I was initially skeptical due to my belief in the traditional school system. However, my first week in the program taught me that devCodeCamp is a legitimate organization that strives to bring their students success. The staff proved to be extremely knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile.

The course can wear on you, as it is an intense 12-week program that constantly presents new information and challenges. However, the students and staff are incredibly supportive. Staff members are available 24/7 and are open to giving extra tutoring sessions if students are struggling on certain topics.

The job assistance is outstanding. The staff helps you build a resume, write cover letters, offer additional interview practices, and even sets up presentations/interviews with businesses. They're with you every step of the way.

Ultimately, devCodeCamp gave me the tools I needed to land a job at my dream company. I highly recommend devCodeCamp for those that are willing to put everything they have towards entering the field of software development.

• Josh Weber • Graduate

Now if you're reading this I'm sure you have doubts in your mind about if a boot camp is really worth it and does it work. I'm here to tell you it that it's more than worth it. Coming into devCodeCamp I had no prior knowledge about how to code and I was worried that I wouldn't understand concepts. Day by day though I kept at it, strengthening my knowledge of how to code. Don't get it wrong though this class isn't a walk in the park, it's a boot camp, challenging but in a great way. If you continue to put forth the effort you will see the results in a tremendous way. The instructors at dCC are always right there along your side to help you understand and push you in the right direction. The environment is perfect for a learning atmosphere, you build relationships with your fellow classmates right from the beginning by working on group projects that put you in a job like situation. I 100% believe in the curriculum that they teach at devCodeCamp because it works, they told me right from the beginning that what I put in is what I will get out and they were totally right. 3 months later and I have a great understanding of C#, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript while making a fully functional website, amazing! Just make sure you're working extra hard not only just in class but outside in free time too, it's only for 3 months and that 3 months goes by super fast. If you like problem solving while using some thought logic this is the perfect route for you.

• Great Choice
    - 12/10/2018
    Josh Stoltenberg • Graduate

Instructors are friendly and helpful, willing to help you with any problems. It's a big commitment as they tell because they call it a bootcamp for a reason. Having some some basic programming experience beforehand helped make the first couple weeks easier but there is always extra things to learn and practice that they will give to you if you finish early. You spend most of your time working on projects and less sitting in lectures. After graduating I feel confident continuing to learn as the program teaches you to problem solve and you get used to picking things up quickly and doing something cool with it. If software development is what you want to do and you are willing to put in hard work then I highly recommend the program.