devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Madison, Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.

devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (116) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (8) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems, and think creatively. Here, we walk you though the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software, but how do you write it in a flexible, robust way so that your code may even outlive you. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages out there. Beginners get lost in big words, complicated problems, and the slew of technologies used to bring ideas to reality. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers. Good software development stems from good software design, and we take full advantage of that aspect to make learning as entertaining and enticing as possible. After all we want you to love learning and spending time in our coding community.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. Also, accept the Forever GI Bill.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using the most modern technologies so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning. You will have immediate access to instructors to get the mentoring you need when you need it.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit

2 Scholarships

• $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive devCodeCamp scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Time Software Development (Milwaukee)
  • $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

• Part Time Web Development (Milwaukee)
  • Marcus Johnson • QA Analyst • Graduate
    Becoming a professional Full Stack Developer with devCodeCamp is the smartest oppertunity you can take.
  • Kee Cha • Junior web developer • Graduate
    When I first made the decision to attend devcodecamp, I left doubting myself if I have made the right choice. Now, I am certain it was the best decision I have ever made for my future. I have no prior college degree and was working at PF Chang’s ( a Chinese restaurant) for 13 yrs. I also had never had any interest or thought of working with computers. But I’m glad that I’ve made the plunge to enroll at devcodecamp.

Devcodecamp was not a walk in the park. It was stressful, overwhelming, and had long hours. There were times I didn’t think I could finish but that’s where I found support in my instructors, friends, family, and upper classmates.

Upon graduating, I’ve acquired the skills necessary to find a job as a developer. The most important skill that devcodecamp taught me was not just the programming languages but to be able to learn quickly and adapt. Although I have completed the course, I haven’t been able to find a job right away (mostly due to COVID) but Paul still kept in touch and reached out to see how I’m doing or show me some new job opportunities. After months of searching, I was given an opportunity for an interview to a company that was looking for candidates through devcodecamp and because of that, I have landed my first job as a web developer. Without the support and assistance from devcodecamp, I’m not sure how successful I would have been. So that’s my story and hopefully that helps you out.

• Nathan Hevrdejs • Full Stack Software Developer • Graduate
    In less than 4 months I went from little to no knowledge in coding to learning multiple languages fully. Totally worth the investment.
  • Matt Johannsen • Graduate
     First and foremost, devCodeCamp offers an incredible opportunity to change the course of your life in a few short months. It sounds a little unbelievable at first, but the process actually works. I will admit that it was tougher than I expected, but that's what it feels like when you learn to code in 12 weeks! The curriculum is carefully crafted to continually build your skill set, and the instructors really care about your success. The time flies by, and you will not believe what you are able to accomplish by the end of your final project. There are two things about devCodeCamp that really stood out to me.

Number one, they make it very easy to start as soon as you can. Once you reach out for more information, the director Paul instantly starts working for you. He set up my interview for the very next day. Two days later he scheduled another with Mike the lead instructor and some current students. I was sold, and I started classes two weeks later. Now that I see how super busy Mike is, I am humbled on how much time he gave me as a prospective student.

And lastly, the instructors are real life talented programmers. They could be working any where they wanted, but they choose to be at devCodeCamp because it is important to them to make YOU a better programmer. I once had a project due on Monday, and I hit a snag around 4pm on Friday. Knowing that my deadline would be in jeopardy without clearing this hurdle, my Senior Dev David helped me troubleshoot until I got it fixed at 7pm that night. It was brutal, but we worked it out. That is commitment, and they will put in as much effort as you do.
  • NOT a scam!
    - 1/10/2020
    Alex Hardy • Student

I came into to devCode with virtually no coding experience, had a great time, did better than I thought I could in the class, and got a job within a month of graduating. It may turn out to be the best investment I have made in my life.

In short …and I know everyone says this… you WILL get out of it what you put in to it.

The claims of devCodeCamp really seem too good to be true. It’s hard not to be skeptical of something that promises so much reward from just 12 weeks. With the negative reviews floating around from the past, I remember being very cautious when I signed up and wrote that check and thinking how big of a mistake it would be to hand over that much money and come out with no return on investment… but I took a huge leap of faith and made an investment in myself.

My advice to anyone signing up is not to wait to start coding until the class starts, devCode has some online pre-class resources and there are loads of other free tutorials and whatnot to start with. ANYTHING you can do NOW will make the class more helpful for you, yes you can come in with little to no experience, but even the 2-3 weeks I spent messing around helped me massively in regards to retaining information and keeping up with the classes.

If you want to do well and you are not the most confident person, don’t make failure an option. Stay late, ask questions, show up early, make success your number one priority for the 3 months and don’t let yourself down. None of the traditional education additude really has a place here, everyone is at devCode because they WANT to be there and they WANT to learn.

You might not graduate as a genius, (there is an infinite amount more to know and only 12 weeks to prepare!) but you will have the skills to get a job in a new career in just 3 months.

• Greg Manthey • Graduate

My only exposure to coding prior to attending devCodeCamp was some college classes a decade prior (which did help, but I hadn't touched Visual Studio since then).

The course itself is project based, and a big part of it is learning how to learn to code. You get 12 weeks of intense class with instructors who want you to succeed in the real world. The instructors teach the lectures (which accounts for roughly 10 percent of course time overall), but more importantly, are there to support you when you get stuck on a problem.

In addition to coding, you'll learn and practice Agile development. I struggled with this at the beginning, but became comfortable in the stand up meetings before the end of the course. There are also two capstone projects (group and individual), which will add to your resume and brings us to the last part of this review: career services.

One you complete the course, you will have a decent idea of what you want to be doing (probably some form of software development). You will receive guidance on setting up your resume to get companies to notice you. In addition, there are many local connections which can land you a position with a great company.

All in all, devCodeCamp is a worthy investment, and an all in one solution for someone interested in software development.

• Ridvan • Graduate

I was at devCodeCamp this summer 2019 from a Science Teacher background. For people who want to learn to code and switch careers, this is the place for them in Milwaukee. The instructors are very friendly and knowledgeable, they are always willing to help. The atmosphere is inviting, collaborative, and encourages to go above and beyond. You learn a lot with the variety of projects you're given including both solo and group projects. devCodeCamp teaches students real business processes including how to work using the Agile methodology. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to pursue a career in programming.

• Top Tier
    - 8/23/2019
    Steve Brunelli • Graduate

I came into devCodeCamp looking to make a career change quickly and had zero background experience in coding. Its called a bootcamp for a reason, they teach you how to think like a full-stack developer and give you the tools to succeed (without the yelling and screaming). The learning environment is very hands on from day one until you're done. Instructors are available to help you outside of the standard hours as well.

The key to success: have an open mind and the willingness to re-learn how to solve problems.

Job support is fantastic. Their network is growing month after month and will only continue to get bigger and better.

10/10
    Would recommend.

• B • Student

I attended devCodeCamp in the Full Stack program. It seemed cool at first, and I felt like I was learning new things. Plus, it felt neat studying in a historic building overlooking downtown. Things kind of started unraveling the further I got into it, though.

When we would bounce things off of each other, trying to familiarize ourselves with (for many of us) these completely new concepts, we were told that we needed to work independently so that we could figure things out on our own. Then when we worked on our own, we were told that we weren't working together enough and that we needed to collaborate. It also ended up being pretty bro-centric and I had a hard time concentrating with the antics going on around me. I was reined back in when I literally walked down the hall to work in a co-working space with other grown adults who knew how to share space, because I was told that the instructors needed to keep an eye on me.

I didn't really get a sense of how everything fit together. We jumped from one thing to the next without a clear idea of how things related to each other. I ended up cutting my losses half way through and getting a partial refund while I still could.

I chose to do the bootcamp because I thought it would be a little more organic and free-range, but it ended up feeling more restrictive and less satisfying than when I attended the university. Some people clearly succeed at devCodeCamp, and you can read their reviews. If I had it to do over, I would take the money I'm still paying on my loan and put it towards books, online self-paced programs (so much more affordable!), and then attend meetups, hackathons, and other events where I could self-educate and network - especially with other under-represented demographics.

• Patrick N • Graduate

If you're serious about joining a coding bootcamp, and willing to work hard, you can't go wrong with dCC.  The instructors are hands down the best teachers I've ever had, you'll be amazed at how much they can teach you in 3 months.  After graduation, Paul provided tons opportunities for me to show what I've accomplished to different companies, and I ended up getting a position with the first company I applied for!  I worked hard but also had fun and made many lifelong friends, I will always look back on my time spent at dCC with nothing but positive memories.

• Ryan Kunz • Junior Developer • Graduate

devCodeCamp has a great team of instructors that are very passionate about coding. I still can’t believe how much I learned from this program in such a short period of time. Before devCodeCamp I took a couple of computer science courses at UW-Milwaukee. Everything I learned between those almost 40 weeks was eclipsed after our first lecture day. The curriculum at devCodeCamp focuses on how to actually create something useful without spending so much time on theory. Being a 12 week course, It is fast paced; If you have zero experience expect to be putting in over 50 hours a week.

• Jaryd Carson • Software Developer / Instructor • Graduate
    Incredibly happy to have taken this course. I got out of the marine corps in 2018 and felt lost. After talking with Paul and Wendy I was instantly sure this was the right path for me. Now that I am a graduate, I know for a fact that I am able to learn any language that I choose to because of the skills that devCodeCamp gave me!