devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Web and Software Development. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development Bootcamp focuses on the in-demand Microsoft Stack. C#, .NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Python, JavaScript, and more. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts. Our part-time, full-stack Web Development Bootcamp teaches the modern MERN Stack. React.js, MongoDB, Node.js, Express.js, JavaScript, and more.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job-seeking strategies, personal branding, resumes, and interview workshops.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (146) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (13) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Stack Development & DevOps

DevOps, Django, JavaScript, Python, React.js
    LocationMilwaukee
    Learn two of the most in-demand stacks in a Bootcamp designed to get you employed in development: Python/Django and JavaScript/React.js combined with Computer Science fundamentals - algorithms and data structures and DevOps -CI/CD. All instruction is taught in a project-based hands-on live online environment. Rolling class starting every 5 weeks.
    Ascent
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
    Prep Workpre-work
  • Full Time Software Development

LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems and think creatively. We take you through the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software but how do you optimize it to run efficiently and in the manner it was intended. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. We also accept VA Benefits for veterans.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using modern technologies (MERN FullStack) so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit, VA Benefits for veterans
  • Marisa Janowski  User Photo
    Marisa Janowski • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This bootcamp was a great way to learn how to start coding in a few different types of coding languages. It was fast paced, but it helps you prepare for the real world when you have a career in the web development world. It was very project based which helped a lot. The projects helped you learn how the certain type of coding language works. There were group projects and this helped you learn how to code a project as a team. The group projects helped you learn to work as a team. After you complete the 12 weeks, they help you find a job which is a great aspect. Overall, this coding bootcamp was worth it.

- 11/8/2018
    Kim  User Photo
    Kim • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was lucky that a friend connected me to devCode when I was looking for a career change.  From my first visit, the staff were honest about the expectations of students; they told me it was going to be challenging work.  I came into the course with a mindset that I would need to dedicate myself to the work.  Throughout the process, I was given the challenging work I was promised. I was able to do the work because of the instructors that are literally available day and night to help when you get stuck.  Students have constant access to qualified instructors (who love what they do) during the day, and then are able to use Slack to connect with them after hours.  One of the best parts of this camp is the director of curriculum.  As a former teacher, I know good instruction when I see it.  He uses best practices consistently in his planning.  Everything is organized, the lectures do not shy away from giving the theory behind concepts, and the projects are carefully planned.  In addition, I received quick and beneficial feedback on every project I completed.  With this skill set and having proved that I can create fully functioning web applications in just 3 months, I feel confident going into my first career.  I should add, there are excellent career services for grads.  There is a full time former recruiter who knows the hiring landscape incredibly well.  If you go to this school, you will have a team of people helping you to find your first job and beyond.  If you’ve been looking for a bootcamp, I can’t imagine a better place to start a new career.

• Ryan O  User Photo
    Ryan O • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Ten years ago, after graduating high school, I started attending college for computer programming. I completed some courses, but life moved me in a different direction. Fast forward to June 2018, I decided to make a move back toward my goal of being a programmer. I have a friend who had gone through devCodeCamp and had landed an incredible job shortly after graduation, so I decided to also attend.

I’m not going to sugar-coat anything. The program is incredibly challenging. It is a fast-paced, full-time course where the goal is to go from zero experience to being ready for a real junior software developer job in 12 weeks. The course is built around solving real-world business problems the same way you would on the job. Google and Microsoft documentation will become your best friend! The instructors are always there to answer questions if you need help, but it is always expected that you try your best attempt at solving the problem, then if you cannot find the answer, the instructors will help guide you.

As well as being challenging, it is even more rewarding! I learned more in my first week at devCodeCamp than I had learned in my entire coding experience before I attended, including my time in college. Their method of teaching truly works for learning quickly and effectively without focusing on things that aren’t applicable to a development job. The instructors are top notch and Paul (recruiter and job-search-guru) is always there for help with anything regarding your resume or job search questions. They are always working tirelessly to make sure that students are getting the best education and career advice they can!

To wrap up, my opinion is: if you are willing to put in the work and dedication it takes to become a software developer, this program is a GREAT start to a future career in coding! It really is a ton of fun in the process and it really does work!

• Esteban Barajas  User Photo
    Esteban Barajas • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The bootcamp is designed in a way to be for both beginners and more experienced individuals. Everyone can have a different starting point. The first topics covered are HTML and CSS which for some can be all new material but for others a refresher. The curriculum ramps up quickly as it moves to Javascript where the first few projects take place. Within a few weeks in everyone seems to level off equality due to the assignments, projects, and tasks start becoming more challenging but they are still great to learn from and are manageable if the effort is put in. From there on once good fundamentals are engraved into the students there is yet more technologies to learn such as C#, ASP.NET MVC 5, Entity Framework, Bootstrap, which was quite impressive considering that the technology stack learned was actually what the companies in the area were looking for and needing. From the research that I did prior to choosing this bootcamp this was one of the only bootcamps that prioritized a relevant technology stack rather than purely something easier to learn which really helps when searching for a job position. Within a day of posting my resume online, I had interviews which I give credit to the technologies covered within the bootcamp. Amazing experience to go through, the instructors were phenomenal and were able to teach so effectively in the short amount of time they are given.

• Misty M.  User Photo
    Misty M. • Test Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This is a great program that literally takes you from knowing nothing about coding to being able to hold down a (well-paying) job in a very short amount of time. What more is there to say?? The instructors are nice, the atmosphere is relaxing, and the hours are good.
    I went from working on the weekends as a janitor to being employed as a test engineer. I spent 3 months learning coding at devCodeCamp, and about 3 months after graduation I had a job. It's a happenin' field that is only going up, so I'd suggest hopping on the bandwagon!
    A word of caution, though--it's not for everyone. Not everyone is willing to give their all, be frustrated continuously (it's part of the learning process), and not quit. Make sure you want to do all of these things, and you will succeed!
    I can honestly say that going here was a blast. I looked forward to Mondays so I could go start another week at devCodeCamp. :)

• Jennifer Endisch  User Photo
    Jennifer Endisch • Software Testing Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came to devCode with very little to no experience writing code. Throughout the 14 weeks in this camp I learned more than I could have ever expected to. It's all about what you put into it. They teach you the skills you need to be successful, help with getting your resume clean and relative, and then it's up to you to continue the process and go find a job. I showed up everyday, even after I finished the program, until I got a job. They helped me all along the way because I was putting in the effort... if you're expecting a walk in the park course this isn't for you. It's intense. But I now have a wonderful job doing something I truly love everyday at one of the biggest company's in the state and I'm loving life.

Up to you!
  • Aaron J  User Photo
    Aaron J • Software Engineer I • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended devCodeCamp in the spring of 2017. My background included work in transportation research, and teaching. I had previously obtained two majors and a masters degree from traditional colleges, but didn't have success finding gainful employment in Southern Wisconsin. So I decided to retool my skill set. I had always enjoyed the introductory programming courses I took in college and had some experience with WordPress website development on the side, but wanted to expand my programming knowledge and hopefully get into the software engineering career-field. devCodeCamp is as fun as it is intense. It's a lot different than traditional 4-year college or technical schools. They really believe in learning by doing. Your results are largely reflected by the effort, dedication, and willingness to continually challenge yourself. You will have a class made up of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ages, and skill levels, but the instructors do a great job of identifying each students strengths and weaknesses. They work hard to tailor your DevCodeCamp experience for the individual students. By the end of the 3 months I had gained a marketable skill that is in high demand. I landed a job about a month after graduation and had multiple companies interview me. I never expected to get such immediate results. For anyone willing to work hard, sacrifice long days, and not afraid to learn at a fast pace, I highly recommend devCodeCamp. It is suitable for a career change, or jump starting your programming skills for new grads, or people that have no higher education experience at all. Results are guaranteed if you are willing to work hard and challenge yourself.
  • Jeremiah Booth • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate
    Awesome Course and instructors that take you from a basic level to able to make a full stack web applications. If you are willing to put in the work you will get a ton of skills and information.
  • Oscar • Software Development Engineer in Test • Graduate
    I had a great experience during my time at devCodeCamp, and the people there really stimulate an awesome environment for learning. Before attending devCodeCamp, I had almost zero coding experience.  The instructors are very knowledgeable, friendly, and accessible. The fellows are always there to help someone through a bug or a difficult concept. The students are committed to learning and helping each other out. The career service lead Megan and Paul - (Da Man! ), did a tremendous job helping me transition to my first software developer role, several months after I graduated. DevCodeCamp really built an incredible community with good people, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone trying to break into the software development field.
  • Nathanial Johnson • Student
    This course was exactly what I was looking for to get started with a career in software development. The balance of lecture and hands on work time was great. The entire staff was awesome to work with, from the Onboarding team, to the instructors, to the career services team. I wish I could take the course again!
  • Justin Adams • Graduate
    I chose devCodeCamp as the bootcamp I would attend after researching them and talking with their admission team.

Wow! What a tough course. They really pack such a huge volume of information into one course. I was worried going in that I might not know enough beforehand, but it wasn't a big deal.

They teach the MERN stack and related fundamentals, and I'm glad to say that after graduation I know without a doubt that I have a solid foundation in these technologies.

Having developed my Capstone project to such a degree, it honestly surprises me to see it in action. devCodeCamp taught me the skills that brought my idea to life. Thats powerful.
    - 7/1/2021
    Jonathan • Student
    This was a great experience! This was a very fast paced course, but the instructors did a great job making sure you stayed on pace. The way the course is organized, you get a lot of hands on work, which really builds confidence and ability. The instructors were incredibly knowledgeable, and answered questions in a way that gives you the tools to solve issues.