devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Madison, Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.

devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (116) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (8) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems, and think creatively. Here, we walk you though the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software, but how do you write it in a flexible, robust way so that your code may even outlive you. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages out there. Beginners get lost in big words, complicated problems, and the slew of technologies used to bring ideas to reality. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers. Good software development stems from good software design, and we take full advantage of that aspect to make learning as entertaining and enticing as possible. After all we want you to love learning and spending time in our coding community.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. Also, accept the Forever GI Bill.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using the most modern technologies so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning. You will have immediate access to instructors to get the mentoring you need when you need it.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit

2 Scholarships

• $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive devCodeCamp scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Time Software Development (Milwaukee)
  • $500 devCodeCamp Scholarship

• Part Time Web Development (Milwaukee)
  • Elliott Soemadi  User Photo
    Elliott Soemadi • Junior Software Dev • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    devCodeCamp has easily been the most enjoyable education experience I've ever had. The coursework is relevant to the job market, the lectures are informative but not overbearing, and the instructors are amazing. They welcome all questions and are extremely approachable and helpful. If you attend this school, ask as many questions as you possibly can. The instructors will gladly explain not only how something works but why it works better than other feasible solutions.  You will gain a great depth of knowledge that is limited only by how much effort you give.

In short, go to devCodeCamp!!!
  • Awesome
    - 11/8/2018
    Aly Nielson  User Photo
    Aly Nielson • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Prior to devCodeCamp, I was working as a software tester. Working in tech gave me an understanding of the development process, but I did not know how to code. I started looking into devCodeCamp not knowing exactly where I wanted to go with code, but just knowing I wanted to learn more about why the things I tested worked the way they worked. Four months later and I have zero regrets. I can only think of positive things to write in this review, so that is what I will do.

When deciding whether or not I should go to devCode, Paul answered all of my questions. He was super helpful and informative and had me talk to several people, including instructors and current students. I felt like I had all of the information I needed to decide whether or not devCodeCamp was right for me. When the first day came, I was still a little bit worried that I had made a bad decision to drop everything to do this, but after about three days I was hooked and not looking back.

The instructors at devCodeCamp are all super enthusiastic, excited about code, and excited to teach you code. They all know that the world of programming is constantly evolving and are constantly learning new things to teach others and keep up-to-date. They are ready to drop everything to help you solve a problem, but they know just how much they should help and when they should stop helping and make you figure things out on your own. The class is very project-based, which means you spend most of the time working through problems and learning from doing and for me, just the right amount of time listening to lectures.

I think the best thing that came from devCode for me was the approach to solving problems. Once I learned a few things and worked through a few problems, coding started to come easier and it started to feel like I could learn anything. Several students will go through devCodeCamp having learned extra languages and/or frameworks that devCodeCamp doesn't explicitly teach, just because of the great environment they are in and the encouraging and excited people they are around. It makes you want to keep learning and creating things. This was the first time I actually really enjoyed school and felt like I walked away with knowledge I was going to use. As the weeks went by (very quickly) I was more and more excited to become a developer.

Once we graduated, the instructors were extremely helpful with our resumes and interview prep. Paul and Geoff were awesome in connecting us with potential employers. I ended up accepting the job that I wanted the most, about a month after graduating. I have devCodeCamp and the great people there to thank for that. devCode is doing amazing things and if you are looking for a bigger challenge in your career, I would highly recommend it. You don't need to know how to code to start (I didn't), you just need to be excited to learn.

• Marisa Janowski  User Photo
    Marisa Janowski • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This bootcamp was a great way to learn how to start coding in a few different types of coding languages. It was fast paced, but it helps you prepare for the real world when you have a career in the web development world. It was very project based which helped a lot. The projects helped you learn how the certain type of coding language works. There were group projects and this helped you learn how to code a project as a team. The group projects helped you learn to work as a team. After you complete the 12 weeks, they help you find a job which is a great aspect. Overall, this coding bootcamp was worth it.

- 11/8/2018
    Kim  User Photo
    Kim • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was lucky that a friend connected me to devCode when I was looking for a career change.  From my first visit, the staff were honest about the expectations of students; they told me it was going to be challenging work.  I came into the course with a mindset that I would need to dedicate myself to the work.  Throughout the process, I was given the challenging work I was promised. I was able to do the work because of the instructors that are literally available day and night to help when you get stuck.  Students have constant access to qualified instructors (who love what they do) during the day, and then are able to use Slack to connect with them after hours.  One of the best parts of this camp is the director of curriculum.  As a former teacher, I know good instruction when I see it.  He uses best practices consistently in his planning.  Everything is organized, the lectures do not shy away from giving the theory behind concepts, and the projects are carefully planned.  In addition, I received quick and beneficial feedback on every project I completed.  With this skill set and having proved that I can create fully functioning web applications in just 3 months, I feel confident going into my first career.  I should add, there are excellent career services for grads.  There is a full time former recruiter who knows the hiring landscape incredibly well.  If you go to this school, you will have a team of people helping you to find your first job and beyond.  If you’ve been looking for a bootcamp, I can’t imagine a better place to start a new career.

• Ryan O  User Photo
    Ryan O • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Ten years ago, after graduating high school, I started attending college for computer programming. I completed some courses, but life moved me in a different direction. Fast forward to June 2018, I decided to make a move back toward my goal of being a programmer. I have a friend who had gone through devCodeCamp and had landed an incredible job shortly after graduation, so I decided to also attend.

I’m not going to sugar-coat anything. The program is incredibly challenging. It is a fast-paced, full-time course where the goal is to go from zero experience to being ready for a real junior software developer job in 12 weeks. The course is built around solving real-world business problems the same way you would on the job. Google and Microsoft documentation will become your best friend! The instructors are always there to answer questions if you need help, but it is always expected that you try your best attempt at solving the problem, then if you cannot find the answer, the instructors will help guide you.

As well as being challenging, it is even more rewarding! I learned more in my first week at devCodeCamp than I had learned in my entire coding experience before I attended, including my time in college. Their method of teaching truly works for learning quickly and effectively without focusing on things that aren’t applicable to a development job. The instructors are top notch and Paul (recruiter and job-search-guru) is always there for help with anything regarding your resume or job search questions. They are always working tirelessly to make sure that students are getting the best education and career advice they can!

To wrap up, my opinion is: if you are willing to put in the work and dedication it takes to become a software developer, this program is a GREAT start to a future career in coding! It really is a ton of fun in the process and it really does work!

• Esteban Barajas  User Photo
    Esteban Barajas • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The bootcamp is designed in a way to be for both beginners and more experienced individuals. Everyone can have a different starting point. The first topics covered are HTML and CSS which for some can be all new material but for others a refresher. The curriculum ramps up quickly as it moves to Javascript where the first few projects take place. Within a few weeks in everyone seems to level off equality due to the assignments, projects, and tasks start becoming more challenging but they are still great to learn from and are manageable if the effort is put in. From there on once good fundamentals are engraved into the students there is yet more technologies to learn such as C#, ASP.NET MVC 5, Entity Framework, Bootstrap, which was quite impressive considering that the technology stack learned was actually what the companies in the area were looking for and needing. From the research that I did prior to choosing this bootcamp this was one of the only bootcamps that prioritized a relevant technology stack rather than purely something easier to learn which really helps when searching for a job position. Within a day of posting my resume online, I had interviews which I give credit to the technologies covered within the bootcamp. Amazing experience to go through, the instructors were phenomenal and were able to teach so effectively in the short amount of time they are given.

• Misty M.  User Photo
    Misty M. • Test Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This is a great program that literally takes you from knowing nothing about coding to being able to hold down a (well-paying) job in a very short amount of time. What more is there to say?? The instructors are nice, the atmosphere is relaxing, and the hours are good.
    I went from working on the weekends as a janitor to being employed as a test engineer. I spent 3 months learning coding at devCodeCamp, and about 3 months after graduation I had a job. It's a happenin' field that is only going up, so I'd suggest hopping on the bandwagon!
    A word of caution, though--it's not for everyone. Not everyone is willing to give their all, be frustrated continuously (it's part of the learning process), and not quit. Make sure you want to do all of these things, and you will succeed!
    I can honestly say that going here was a blast. I looked forward to Mondays so I could go start another week at devCodeCamp. :)

• Jennifer Endisch  User Photo
    Jennifer Endisch • Software Testing Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came to devCode with very little to no experience writing code. Throughout the 14 weeks in this camp I learned more than I could have ever expected to. It's all about what you put into it. They teach you the skills you need to be successful, help with getting your resume clean and relative, and then it's up to you to continue the process and go find a job. I showed up everyday, even after I finished the program, until I got a job. They helped me all along the way because I was putting in the effort... if you're expecting a walk in the park course this isn't for you. It's intense. But I now have a wonderful job doing something I truly love everyday at one of the biggest company's in the state and I'm loving life.

Up to you!
  • Aaron J  User Photo
    Aaron J • Software Engineer I • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended devCodeCamp in the spring of 2017. My background included work in transportation research, and teaching. I had previously obtained two majors and a masters degree from traditional colleges, but didn't have success finding gainful employment in Southern Wisconsin. So I decided to retool my skill set. I had always enjoyed the introductory programming courses I took in college and had some experience with WordPress website development on the side, but wanted to expand my programming knowledge and hopefully get into the software engineering career-field. devCodeCamp is as fun as it is intense. It's a lot different than traditional 4-year college or technical schools. They really believe in learning by doing. Your results are largely reflected by the effort, dedication, and willingness to continually challenge yourself. You will have a class made up of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ages, and skill levels, but the instructors do a great job of identifying each students strengths and weaknesses. They work hard to tailor your DevCodeCamp experience for the individual students. By the end of the 3 months I had gained a marketable skill that is in high demand. I landed a job about a month after graduation and had multiple companies interview me. I never expected to get such immediate results. For anyone willing to work hard, sacrifice long days, and not afraid to learn at a fast pace, I highly recommend devCodeCamp. It is suitable for a career change, or jump starting your programming skills for new grads, or people that have no higher education experience at all. Results are guaranteed if you are willing to work hard and challenge yourself.
  • 100% worth it!!
    - 9/10/2020
    Megan Cindric • Software Development Engineer • Graduate
    I came to devCodeCamp with no prior experience in coding, and I wasn't really sure what to expect at first.  I'd recently lost my job, and with COVID-19 impacting my former career field in nonprofit, I was looking for a change in career paths.  I'd found devCodeCamp on the recommendation of a friend and decided to take a risk on it and dive into the world of coding.  They really hit the ground running with the course work, and give you plenty of hands-on time to practice coding through projects and assignments from day 1!  Even with the class being entirely remote, they paired each of us with a senior developer we could meet with daily for feedback and support, and the whole team of instructors was on call to assist if we ran into any issues.  I will say that the course is fast paced, and it's up to you as a student to put in the extra time when you struggle with a concept.  That being said, it is 100% worth it in my book!  Even as a recent graduate of the course, I've already found a position in the field of Software Engineering, and am beyond thrilled to put my experience and new skills to good work!  If you're in the same position I was and looking for a fresh start to the world of coding, I cannot recommend devCodeCamp enough.  It's an investment in your future that is 100% worth it!
  • Chris R • Graduate
    I began devCodeCamp in March 2020 originally planning on an in-person experience. Given the climate of the pandemic, operations were switched to remote learning for the duration of the 3-month program. While this was initially disappointing, I felt the instructors and staff of devCode did a great job of quickly adapting and creating an awesome experience. They continued to be heavily involved and I always felt they were truly invested in my learning and growth while in the program. As it turns out, my first job will also be remote so looking back, it wound up being great preparation for me.

Their project-based approach to learning is the best way to acquire new skills such as these and cover as much content as they do in such a short time. Having started with 0 coding background, by the end of the program, I was amazed at the level of projects I was working on and how self-sufficient I was becoming. I will say this was definitely a uniquely challenging experience and while I gained a great deal from it, you absolutely get out what you put in so get ready to WORK.

Lastly, I would like to speak on the career assistance as that was a major reason for my choosing this program. As you may guess, graduating in June 2020 in the midst of a major recession with many companies on hiring freezes, etc was not the green pasture of employment I anticipated. I want to tip my cap to Paul and Erik who continued to be involved beyond my graduation and in fact, helped facilitate opportunities for interviews which led to landing my first job (~2.5 months after graduating). I can't say enough how grateful I am for their help and am so excited to embark on this new career!
  • Austin Moen • Junior Software Developer • Graduate
    Before starting at devCodeCamp I did year and a half of college and I hated every second. I felt like colleges only wanted to take my money and once they got it they would dump me off with this piece of paper with no Idea how to start my career. devCodeCamp gave me the individual learning experience I needed. The instructors actually care about your success and take as much time as you need to understand something. You can tell the entire staff is behind you. Now that I've graduated they've helped me prepare for interviews by showing me what to expect and by conducting mock interviews. This is the best there is folks.