concordia-bootcamps-logo

Concordia Bootcamps

Concordia Bootcamps

Concordia Bootcamps partners with universities to offer online coding and data science bootcamps. These bootcamps prepare students for careers in tech, and offer a university certificate upon graduation. The bootcamps also teach students how to navigate the job market, how to market themselves, and how to network. Concordia Bootcamps is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.

Concordia Bootcamps formerly went by the name DecodeMTL and Journey Education.

Recent Concordia Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (105) reviews for Concordia Bootcamps →

Recent Concordia Bootcamps News

Read all (6) articles about Concordia Bootcamps →
  • Web Development Diploma

Express.js, Front End, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js, CSS
    Our flagship 12-week online coding bootcamp focuses on teaching you full-stack web development, with a heavy focus on JavaScript. As a graduate, you will earn a university certificate and have access to our team of career coaches and employer partners.
  • Web Development Diploma (Part-Time)

CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
  • Tantely Rabefarihy • Front End developer • Graduate
    Before attending the Concordia Bootcamp, I was a beginner with little experience in coding. The curriculum was good as it reflects the current industry tech stack. The instructor, Harris, was great and knowledgeable but also the instructors assisting you along the adventure. The career part after the bootcamp was also, good. I was supported and given great advices from professionals. They helped me to improve my interview skills. I found a job after 5 months.
    Advice: study on programming Fundamentals before the bootcamp will help a lot.
  • 100% worth it!
    - 6/3/2021
    Heather • CRM & Web Developer • Graduate
    I'm so happy I decided to take this bootcamp! It was an intense 12 weeks and we learned so much. But I always felt supported by the TCs and fellow students. After the bootcamp they have dedicated career coaches (Joelle was amazing!) that give you a ton of support throughout the process of job searching. After graduation they held a virtual Job Fair with 20 different companies. I was offered a full time position within 3 weeks of graduation from one of the companies at the job fair! I honestly can't imagine a better bootcamp. I 100% recommend it to anyone looking to learn web development.
  • Winnie • Graduate
    Coming in with very little experience in coding, I was nervous to start and a bit skeptical about how much I would learn after completing the bootcamp. However, if you look at my ratings ⬆, it evidently turned out pretty well!

Since I was working while studying, the part-time stream fit my schedule perfectly. The curriculum was well-structured and the topics covered were up to date. The instructor and TCs were helpful and friendly (thanks y'all). They always took the time to go over concepts that were confusing and offered a lot of useful advice. There were workshops that accompanied the weekly lectures so we were able to practice what we learnt. Near the end of the course, there was a group project and an individual project. Both of which were challenging, but I did learn a lot and had support when I needed it.

After completing the course, they offered career services. The coaches that were assigned to me were both very knowledge in their areas and helped to guide and reassure me throughout that process (thanks to you both). I had a very good experience overall and would recommend!
  • Ivan Escalante • Full Stack Developer • Graduate
    In 2019, I had decided that I wanted to do something better for myself and I had seen the Concordia Bootcamps show up in my feed a couple of times on Facebook until one day I checked out the website and found out the possibilities that could be waiting ahead for me. So at that moment I evaluated my budget and I was good to go.
    From the moment I started the bootcamp, I had access to a multitude of resources and the only thing that could set me back was actually just me. Being part of the part-time cohort, it allowed me to keep my full-time job as well as reserving some time in the evening and weekend to code away. It had been a while since I was challenged to this point in my professional life and that is what I was longing for.
    After graduating, I followed the advices from the career services and my career coach/ technical coach to improve my chances  to secure a job. 2 months later, I was able to get my 1st developer job and I have never felt so accomplished since it took less than a year to achieve this goal that I had set up for myself which was to change careers!
    I definitely would recommend this bootcamp to anyone that is serious and committed to go through the multiple hurdles that comes in a career change and you won't regret it! The instructors and technical coaches are very accessible as well as the career services in case we have questions or need help. My career coach also was invaluable to me as I was able to be accountable for my actions and the support was priceless.
    The curriculum was well-organized and the logic to it made sense in how  it develops you from the fundamentals in order to understand more complex ideas. In the end, everything becomes interconnected which helps to solidify your understanding and are able to work more independently.
  • Gia Thinh Nguyen • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate
    I was initially skeptic at any chance of success jumping into a bootcamp, but after meeting the very dedicated staff there, I take it back. It was far more efficient to learn in this environment than taking any number of online courses, I received detailed feedback on my understanding of topics and my instructors were an amazing source of technical and career knowledge that no MOOC could offer (as far as I've seen). The tech stack is very relevant to the job market as of this review, and I believe in the program's aim to keep the curriculum as modern as possible. I was in the part-time cohort working full-time and time was not my friend. You have to put in the work in and out of the class to truly grasp the concepts and practice your newfound abilities as well as pursue your own interests in coding outside the scope of the course. Your peers are also a great source of learning and motivation. The careers services team delivered great webinars to keep you motivated and to help you prepare your mindset/profile for the jobs you'll be hunting for. We also received updates about the job market during the pandemic and post-graduation. I definitely recommend this route of if you have the determination and commitment to change careers!
  • Mrwan • Full-Stack developer • Graduate
    The curriculum flow is well elaborated. You progress logically, build upon what you learned in the previous lessons and use it directly in workshops to properly assimilate what you learned. Be ready to devote a really big portion of your time to learning, especially if you're new to programming. I did not enlist as a total beginner, but I could see it to be extra demanding and overwhelming for one.

The instructors and teacher are very good at what they do. Tailored technical help is available at your fingertips whenever you feel stuck, albeit in a queue :P. This plays a big part when learning something new and demanding.

After graduating, it is not over. You are offered job support to help you ease your way into a developer position if desired. CV tailoring, mock interviews, building online presence: you can expect things of the like.

My only cons is the steep price for tuition. Though the quality was very good, I believe in my opinion the suggested price is very high.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed my experience and recommended it. Even more if it was a bit less expensive.
  • Kolby • Front End Developer • Graduate
    I was nervous when I first started the Bootcamp, I had next to no knowledge of development (extremely minor html + css). The instructors (Josh + Scott) and Technical Coaches though help you every step of the way. Josh was amazing at delivering the content in such a way that made tricky subjects seem simple. The Technical Coaches (Bryce and Guillaume), would spend however long it took to help me understand a problem during the workshops. Even after hours they would send me documentation to help me further understand. The entire team was welcoming, and made me feel comfortable asking questions and reaching out, which was very important! After graduating, career services took over and we hit the ground running - touching up my resume, LinkedIn, advice for interviews, and weekly goals were set. I truly believe one of the biggest values from Concordia Bootcamps is the incredible Career Services that are offered. From start to finish, the entire team was there to help!
  • Highly recommended
    - 11/4/2020
    Johnny
    I very much enjoyed my time in the Bootcamp. The workshops were practical and challenging. The instructor was very clear and highly knowledgeable. The technical coaches were always willing to help. Career services offers many useful webinars and resources. I was nervous about jumping into a new career after working many years in finance but I have no regrets. I highly recommend this Bootcamp!
  • Paolo Drago • Front end developer • Student
    Bootcamp:
    I took the Concordia Bootcamp Full-Stack Immersive course. I had zero prior coding experience and actually came from a bachelor of arts degree in psychology.. So yeah, no math, intensive sciences etc.. The bootcamp portion of the journey was very hard. But also extremely rewarding. We covered the fundamentals of Javascript and its most used libraries and frameworks (React, Node, Express and more). The teaching assistants that were provided were excellent and knowledgeable about the topic and material which made asking questions simple and helpful. I only which we covered relational databases (MySQL), instead of non-relational databases (MongoDB), however, the team at the bootcamp are very dynamic, so I would not be surprised if they have updated their curriculum or plan to:)!

Career Services:
    I graduated right in the middle of the pandemic. Therefore, the job search was quite challenging, however, the career coach I had (Penny) was truly amazing. She helped me with applications and drastically changed my perceptions on the job search. I owe so much credit to her. We also receive a  technical coach who are usually awesome at helping you with future projects and coding bugs. My technical coach was awesome, she helped me pick up/ learn new coding languages and libraries (MySQL).

All in all, this program would be a great place to learn the fundamentals of coding web applications. It's very challenging but fulfilling in the end. However, for those applying, the team at Concordia Bootcamps expects you to give 100% and they will offer all the support they can in return. You can't just lounge around during the course, you need to give it your best shot. I would recommend this program to anyone willing to work hard and have an open mind about the process!

• Charles • Full Stack Developer • Graduate
    Concordia bootcamps teaches you exactly what you need to know to be relevant in the growing software industry. At the beginning it can be hard to think but at the end it's amazing how much you can learn in 3 months. Take the course was the best decision of my life. I've made so many connections that I won't forget. Scott and the Tc's are amazing and I can't thank them enough. For the career stuff Natasha in incredible. I learn a lot of things that I won't forget. Unfortunately, I started the Bootcamp on campus but COVID-19 happened so we finished the course online. Personally, doing it online was smooth like if I was in class.
  • I loved it!
    - 2/5/2020
    Alla • Graduate
    When I started the Bootcamp, I had zero coding experience. I didn’t really know what to expect but wanted to give it a try anyway.

I really loved Wakata, the platform I used to get ready for the course. It helped me understand how to read code as a computer would. This tool also gave me the fundamentals I needed; I don’t know how it is even possible to learn to code without it.

I also had a great teacher (*Jacques, you are the best! Thank you for everything!*), and I loved our TCs (*Micah, Richard, Michael, I already miss you guys!*) :)

Everyone was very patient and did their best to explain everything to us. It wasn’t only coding support but also a psychological one.

During the Bootcamp, I had tons of homework and I didn't have a single minute for myself at all, which was very difficult to handle at the time but I am very grateful now that the curriculum was this demanding!

I finished the program on December 16th, and 7 weeks later received a very good job offer which I accepted. *Thank you Natasha for your help!* :) I was also well accompanied by my career coach who gave me precious tips as to how to change my CV and LinkedIn. She also helped me find jobs which were a good fit for me. (*Thank you Rachel!!*)

Overall, I had a great experience. I am just very sad that Jacques left Concordia but am very happy I studied there while he was still the Head of Education. I am still using the tools he created (Wakaread and Wakarithm) because I believe they can actually make me a better developer.
  • Jeremy Cohen • Graduate

Going to Concordia Bootcamps was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made! Before attending the bootcamp, I was a graduate from Concordia with a Bachelors in Political Science not knowing what I wanted to do after University had ended. Programming peaked my interest and it was something I had previously dabbled with but had never been willing to take the full leap into the world of coding. After doing some basic HTML and CSS courses online I knew that this is what I wanted to do and began researching different options to see how I could enter the field. After looking through my options I stumbled upon coding bootcamps and started researching what they were and whether it was the right move for me or not to enroll in one. After reading many online reviews about different bootcamps, I decided to enroll at Concordia Bootcamps as it was the one that peaked my interest the most. The school is constantly updating its curriculum to try and incorporate the latest technologies in the world of programming and it was something I felt would be best suited for a completely new programmer like myself. After going through the 3 step admissions program, I was admitted for the June 2019 cohort. Going in to the Cohort I still had a bit of skepticism as I wasn’t sure how I’d be able to go from nothing to ready to be employed in 4 months. However, as time kept going on and with Jacques as the teacher as well as the help of the TC’s I began to gain more and more confidence in myself and my programming abilities. It got to the point where I was not only able to work in a group to make a full working website, but I was also able to work on a solo website as the final project and was able to do so better than I could have imagined before starting this course.

After graduating, there’s the worrisome feeling of will you be able to get a job or not. However, with the help of Natasha and my Career Coach Quinn I was able to secure a job 6 weeks after graduation which I couldn’t have been happier with. Enrolling at Concordia Bootcamps was the best decision I have made and am excited to see what the future holds for me as a new programmer!