concordia-bootcamps-logo

Concordia Bootcamps

Montreal, Online

Concordia Bootcamps

Concordia Bootcamps offers a 12-week, full-time full stack JavaScript program, and a 24-week, part-time front end program in Montreal, Canada and online. Concordia Bootcamps is a coding bootcamp built in collaboration between DecodeMTL and Concordia Continuing Education. The full stack immersive program covers JavaScript, Node.JS, Express, MongoDB, React, Redux, and more. The front end program covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and React. The DecodeMTL teaching methodology includes project-based teaching and learning from mistakes. While there are no grades or exams, students will build a total of four projects in groups and create a number of smaller individual projects.

To apply, interested applicants should submit an online application indicating their coding knowledge and goals for after the program. Applicants will then be invited for a virtual interview, followed by a technical interview. Applicants get access to a free prep course to prepare for their application. No coding experience is necessary.

All courses are taught at Concordia University's downtown Montreal campus. Graduates of both programs will receive a Concordia Diploma and 6-months unlimited career support. Students will have the opportunity to take advantage of small class sizes, a student-to-teacher ratio of 1 to 6, and job search support after graduation.

Recent Concordia Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (58) reviews for Concordia Bootcamps →

Recent Concordia Bootcamps News

Read all (6) articles about Concordia Bootcamps →
  • Front-End Nights & Weekends

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Front End
    Rolling Start Date
    Montreal
    A rigorous, part-time, nights & weekends program built to get you a job as a Web Developer in 24 weeks.
    If you are accepted to the program, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance and will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 20% ($2,199) of the program fees due at the time of registration in order to hold a place in the program.
    We encourage everyone with an interest in programming wanting to join our course to apply, regardless of your skill level.
    Interview
  • Full-Stack Immersive

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End, REST
    Rolling Start Date
    Montreal
    Our flagship 12-week program, you will master the fundamentals of programming, learn to build highly complex web applications, and prepare yourself for the future of work.
    Interview

• Guillaume • Developer • Graduate

I've been part of the first Full-time cohort, and I'm still amazed at how much I learned and became employable in only 8 weeks. I've been learning Web Development on my own three or four monthes prior to the Bootcamp , and did not even cover half of all the content we saw.

They have a solid experience from working in the industry and know the standarts and the skills that must be learned. I've been hired 2 weeks ago, and I am using a lot of what they showed us on a daily basis.

If you're looking for a career mave as I was, I definitely recommend it, as long as you're not afraid (and more important, that you love) to code, code, and then code overnight.

• Don't wait!
    - 2/1/2016
    Scott • Graduate

The eight weeks I spent at DecodeMTL were by far the best! I learned to think and code like a developer. What I learned proved to be invaluable in my career shift. I was a teacher by day and a web designer by night. Now I am a full-stack web developer by day and by night! ;-)

• Web Developer
    - 1/31/2016
    Kayla • Graduate
    DecodeMTL's full-time bootcamp gave me the skills and confidence to make a successful career change into the Web Development industry. Prior to taking the course, I had little web design and programming experience. After DecodeMTL's 8 week bootcamp, I had the experience and resources to get hired as a Web Developer.

The small class size allows Ziad, the lead instructor at DecodeMTL, to customize his lectures and examples to best meet the different learning styles of his students. The structure of the bootcamp allows each student to learn at their own pace. For those students who want an additional challenge, there are always extra exercises to complete.

I would absolutely recommend DecodeMTL to anyone who is interested and committed to starting a new career as a Web Developer!
  • Nathaniel • Junior Developer • Graduate
    DecodeMTL has enabled me to quickly pick up the basic modern tools of the web-development trade. It alleviated the burden of trying to figure out where to start and delivered a perfect baseline understanding of industry standards. After only two months, it allowed me to feel confident in approaching potential employers knowing that I could say "yes" to most of their questions.

Whether you are looking to brush up on your coding skills, or a complete novice with the analytical chops to start down this wonderfully liberating career path, DecodeMTL is perfect for you.  But be prepared to work, the classes are fun, stimulating and everything is setup to help you learn FAST.

DecodeMTL helped me find a job after I completed their program. Kevin and Ziad are very well connected in the Montreal tech sphere and they followed up with me and encouraged me every day after graduation even though they already had another class going. Great guys!

I now work as a junior web-app design/implementer for Research On Investment and

I recommend DecodeMTL to anyone that bridges the topic of web-development with me.
  • Nora

I am one of the first cohort's graduates (September-October 2015).

I had an amazing experience with DecodeMTL. The course is well designed and even if my brain had some hard time here and there, everything went pretty smoothly. The lead instructor Ziad Saab has a genuine sense for teaching.

The course is really intensive but this is what makes the environment so dynamic. As we were only twelve students, the atmosphere was somehow like a family and we are actually all sad the course is over now. This went really too fast!

I am still struck by how much I was able to learn in 8 weeks. Being at the right place, with the right people, make a huge difference. And DecodeMTL was exactly what I needed to succeed my career change.

DecodeMTL’s program has exceeded all my expectations. And in the end, I am very grateful to Ziad and Kevin for leading me where I am now. I had close to zero web knowledge, 8 weeks later, I feel like everything is possible.

• Karl • Graduate

J'ai eu la chance de faire parti de la première cohorte de DecodeMTL. J'ai appris beaucoup, et ce dans un environnement très relax, propice à l'effort intellectuel. Professeurs de qualités avec beaucoup de patience et générosité. Je recommande.

I had the chance to be part of the first cohort at DecodeMTL. I improved my coding skills like I didn't thought possible in 8 weeks. Knowledgeable and patient teaching staff. I would recommand the program to anyone who wants solid foundations regarding full stack web developping.

Asked Ziad to provide us with the answers for the set of questions that he sent us on the very first day of the Bootcamp. Never received them or any response from him. Don't understand why just the answers could not be shared. It would be very useful for us to have, as we could also use them to prepare for the job interview.

When we graduated, no assistance from Ziad or any TA's with regards to preparing for the technical interview. No mock technical interview or whatsoever.

When asked Kevin for some advice on the cover letter, did not get anything good from him. He said it was not important. Did not want to believe he told me that. He certainly has no clue about it. And also no personalized advice on CV.

Response From: Kevin of Concordia Bootcamps
    Title: Co-founder
    Friday, May 05 2017
    Hello!

Thanks so much for submitting feedback.
    This is not acceptable in terms of your experience with us, and I would love to correct the situation.

We would love for you to reach out so we can help out in any way possible :)

Best,
    Kevin

If you are considering to pay $7,000 to invest in your education and change careers, you might as well understand what you are actually getting for that money. My goal in this review is to be as thorough and objective as possible, so as to give you, prospective student, a clear understanding of what you are honestly signing up for. Looking back, the hype of the reviews here was not a true representative of the actual bootcamp experience. What disappointed me more was the politics that are being played on DecodeMTL course report. A perfect 5 star from all reviews…really now?

Job placement rate?
    Even if an education or experience isn’t as good as it seemed at least on paper or based on reviews, if they can give you a job within few months, it is still a good decision as you can pay off the $7,000 very soon and get your money back and upgrade your career. Unfortunately, DecodeMTL can’t deliver honest placement rates. As a matter of fact, once you are done with the program there is not much help, they have no hiring director that will assist you in finding a job. The job assistance you get is basically you having to email and call everyone that you can and hustle desperately to try to find someone to finally consider you and hire you. It's not an easy or enjoyable or streamlined process. It seems the Montreal market isn’t the best for developers and there is not enough jobs to go for everyone. Moreover, the average salary of those who do get hired are between $35,000-40,000, far less than other coding bootcamps ($50,000-$60,000) in the country and in the US. Then there is a great number that are just trying to find a job and disheartened and don’t want to write a review.

I don’t think anyone feels competent to use the term full-stack web developer for themselves when they are out. The Decode team is warm and welcoming and I really enjoy some of the friendships I made there, but I joined DecodeMTL to learn to code... not to make friends. The instructor Ziad is knowledgeable and the co-founder Kevin is a great guy, but that being said, teaching yourself will save you money and emotional distress. The program is Highly underdeveloped. There are great resources online you can use that are equivalent, if not better, to the DecodeMTL program.

Conclusion
    For me, I don’t have a job, but the experience was good, although it wasn’t even close to the Hollywood movie that CourseReport reviews may have made it seem.
    Response From: Kevin of Concordia Bootcamps
    Title: Co-founder
    Thursday, Apr 20 2017
    This review is basically a copy of one from a coding school in Florida. We are not sure about it's validity.

You can see the original review here on Wyncode Academy: https://www.coursereport.com/schools/wyncode?page=2#/reviews/review/3371