concordia-bootcamps-logo

Concordia Bootcamps

Montreal, Online

Concordia Bootcamps

Concordia Bootcamps offers a 12-week, full-time full stack JavaScript program, and a 24-week, part-time front end program in Montreal, Canada and online. Concordia Bootcamps is a coding bootcamp built in collaboration between DecodeMTL and Concordia Continuing Education. The full stack immersive program covers JavaScript, Node.JS, Express, MongoDB, React, Redux, and more. The front end program covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and React. The DecodeMTL teaching methodology includes project-based teaching and learning from mistakes. While there are no grades or exams, students will build a total of four projects in groups and create a number of smaller individual projects.

To apply, interested applicants should submit an online application indicating their coding knowledge and goals for after the program. Applicants will then be invited for a virtual interview, followed by a technical interview. Applicants get access to a free prep course to prepare for their application. No coding experience is necessary.

All courses are taught at Concordia University's downtown Montreal campus. Graduates of both programs will receive a Concordia Diploma and 6-months unlimited career support. Students will have the opportunity to take advantage of small class sizes, a student-to-teacher ratio of 1 to 6, and job search support after graduation.

Recent Concordia Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.73

all (75) reviews for Concordia Bootcamps →

Recent Concordia Bootcamps News

Read all (6) articles about Concordia Bootcamps →
  • Full-Stack Immersive

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End, REST
    LocationMontreal
    Our flagship 12-week program, you will master the fundamentals of programming, learn to build highly complex web applications, and prepare yourself for the future of work.
    DepositIf you are accepted to the program, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance and will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 20% ($2,199) of the program fees due at the time of registration in order to hold a place in the program.
    Minimum Skill LevelWe encourage everyone with an interest in programming wanting to join our course to apply, regardless of your skill level.
  • Full-Stack Nights & Weekends

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationMontreal
    A rigorous, part-time, nights & weekends program built to get you a job as a Web Developer in 30 weeks.
  • Eddy Drew  User Photo
    Eddy Drew • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had a solid experience with Decode despite having very little programming experience. The stacks that were taught are extremely relevant in my opinion. I landed a job as a Wordpress developer after graduating, and with my experience in sales and management, I feel comfortable leading a team of developers.

Pros:

-Intense and gruelling; best way to learn

-Project-based (you're writing code all the time and producing original applications)

-Job placement services: it shows that Decode puts their money where their mouth is

Cons:

-Not enough TA's (although this forces you to be more independent and figure things out on your own)

My two sense: this coding bootcamp works best for people who have strong fundamentals in programming and who want to find a job as a junior web developer. If you're thinking about enrolling, my suggestion is to spend at least 3-6 months learning to code on your own in Javascript and get comfortable with it. This way you won't feel like you are punching above your weight. Fortunately Decode offers a free bootcamp prep course that you can finish in that time.

Good luck!

• Great experience.
    - 9/19/2017
    Armel-Styuart Chiza  User Photo
    Armel-Styuart Chiza • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Good experience. A high value was taken from only 8 weeks of the Bootcamp. Good assistance, and job application support.  Great location and overall coding vibes.

• Paul  User Photo
    Paul • Full-stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was skeptical about bootcamps in general. Comp sci students take a minimum of three years to be ready to apply for software development jobs.

However, the 8 week program really gave me enough practical knowledge to be able to do well in the position I'm in now (funded, high-growth startup). To my own surprise, I passed the technical interview "with flying colours". Most comp sci graduates finish school with really good theoretical knowledge of how to build algorithms and the like. That's really interesting knowledge, but most jobs don't require too much of this type of skill. They require knowledge of modern libraries and methodologies, all of which I learned through Decode.

So, if you already have a university degree (like I did), don't go back to school. Do a bootcamp. If you're in Montreal, do Decode. They've been around the longest, and the Kevin/Ziad combo probably know more people recruiting software developers than anyone else in the bootcamp business in Montreal. This part is really important for organizing a proper demo day (I found my current gig there).

I also want to give a shout-out to the post bootcamp job assistance. The support doesn't end after 8 weeks. They do mock interviews (both technical and culture fit), they help review your CV, and put you in touch with a bunch of different recruitors. It's surprising how much this can help out in your career change.

• Eric  User Photo
    Eric • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

TL;DR - Before Decode, I had no experience with coding. 10 weeks later, I had a job.

If you're considering DecodeMTL, I would highly recommend it. There is seemingly endless ways of learning web-development, but for me Decode made the most sense.

Decode is an intense two months, but if you throw yourself into it, you will be in a good position to succeed afterwards.

Everyday, you have tutorials for several hours in the morning, and then the rest is spent on workshops that build off that material. The projects that you end up doing are fun and portfolio worthy. We built everything from a weather app, to a reddit clone.

One of the things I most appreciated about it was the fact that we as students, had 1-on-1 teacher access for about 11 hours everyday, and they never hesitated to answer your questions via slack outside of school hours. They won't straight up tell you how to solve your problems, but they will help steer you towards figuring it out on your own and will always make sure you understand why you got the result you did.

The final Demo-day was a unique experience. This is a very cool part of the course. You end up presenting your work to a room full of potential employers, and it was through this I met the company I now work for.

They don't just kick you out the door at the end of the 8 weeks. The next week - if you want it - is for helping you with the job search. They do mock interviews both regular and technical, and help you currate your portfolio, resume, and linked in.

If you want a program that asks a lot of you, but gives you a lot in return, Decode is it. From the top down, they genuinely care about you succeeding, and if you put in the effort, you will.

• Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My experience at DecodeMTL was extremely rewarding. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to launch their career in web development, regardless of your background. The class size is small and very dynamic. You will learn a lot and work a lot - expect to spend your days and evenings there. If you are looking for an easy pass into learning how to code, this is definitely not it. Decode will teach you everything you need to know, and have a really good support system with the TA's, but they will not hold your hand. They will make sure you are really understanding what you are doing and why you are doing it. The more work and focus you put in, the more reward you will get out of it.

I would recommend going into the program with as much javascript knowledge as possible. This will greatly assist with the learning curve and will allow you to understand the more difficult concepts much quicker. I would recommend doing the Decode prep course, as well as an extra month or two of hard study, prior to starting the bootcamp - you will get much more out of the program.

The quality of instruction is really good. Ziad and the TA's do a really great job of simplifying complicated topics. Ziad loves what he does and really wants his students to understand and succeed.

If you're disciplined and driven, you will thrive at Decode. Clear your schedule for 8 weeks and make the most of it.

10/10 recommend.

• Charles • Full Stack Developer • Graduate
    Concordia bootcamps teaches you exactly what you need to know to be relevant in the growing software industry. At the beginning it can be hard to think but at the end it's amazing how much you can learn in 3 months. Take the course was the best decision of my life. I've made so many connections that I won't forget. Scott and the Tc's are amazing and I can't thank them enough. For the career stuff Natasha in incredible. I learn a lot of things that I won't forget. Unfortunately, I started the Bootcamp on campus but COVID-19 happened so we finished the course online. Personally, doing it online was smooth like if I was in class.
  • I loved it!
    - 2/5/2020
    Alla • Graduate
    When I started the Bootcamp, I had zero coding experience. I didn’t really know what to expect but wanted to give it a try anyway.

I really loved Wakata, the platform I used to get ready for the course. It helped me understand how to read code as a computer would. This tool also gave me the fundamentals I needed; I don’t know how it is even possible to learn to code without it.

I also had a great teacher (*Jacques, you are the best! Thank you for everything!*), and I loved our TCs (*Micah, Richard, Michael, I already miss you guys!*) :)

Everyone was very patient and did their best to explain everything to us. It wasn’t only coding support but also a psychological one.

During the Bootcamp, I had tons of homework and I didn't have a single minute for myself at all, which was very difficult to handle at the time but I am very grateful now that the curriculum was this demanding!

I finished the program on December 16th, and 7 weeks later received a very good job offer which I accepted. *Thank you Natasha for your help!* :) I was also well accompanied by my career coach who gave me precious tips as to how to change my CV and LinkedIn. She also helped me find jobs which were a good fit for me. (*Thank you Rachel!!*)

Overall, I had a great experience. I am just very sad that Jacques left Concordia but am very happy I studied there while he was still the Head of Education. I am still using the tools he created (Wakaread and Wakarithm) because I believe they can actually make me a better developer.
  • Jeremy Cohen • Graduate

Going to Concordia Bootcamps was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made! Before attending the bootcamp, I was a graduate from Concordia with a Bachelors in Political Science not knowing what I wanted to do after University had ended. Programming peaked my interest and it was something I had previously dabbled with but had never been willing to take the full leap into the world of coding. After doing some basic HTML and CSS courses online I knew that this is what I wanted to do and began researching different options to see how I could enter the field. After looking through my options I stumbled upon coding bootcamps and started researching what they were and whether it was the right move for me or not to enroll in one. After reading many online reviews about different bootcamps, I decided to enroll at Concordia Bootcamps as it was the one that peaked my interest the most. The school is constantly updating its curriculum to try and incorporate the latest technologies in the world of programming and it was something I felt would be best suited for a completely new programmer like myself. After going through the 3 step admissions program, I was admitted for the June 2019 cohort. Going in to the Cohort I still had a bit of skepticism as I wasn’t sure how I’d be able to go from nothing to ready to be employed in 4 months. However, as time kept going on and with Jacques as the teacher as well as the help of the TC’s I began to gain more and more confidence in myself and my programming abilities. It got to the point where I was not only able to work in a group to make a full working website, but I was also able to work on a solo website as the final project and was able to do so better than I could have imagined before starting this course.

After graduating, there’s the worrisome feeling of will you be able to get a job or not. However, with the help of Natasha and my Career Coach Quinn I was able to secure a job 6 weeks after graduation which I couldn’t have been happier with. Enrolling at Concordia Bootcamps was the best decision I have made and am excited to see what the future holds for me as a new programmer!

• Full Stack Program
    - 10/7/2019
    Jesse • Front-End-Dev • Graduate

Prior to joining Decode, I had tried my hand at University and College and felt like I was not cut out for academic work. Slowly but surely I started to get interested in Web Development, and I ended up taking this program in January. Much to my surprise, the hands-on nature of the program, made my negative feelings of studying in the past, melt away. Instead of being conventionally graded, I was instead forced to judge my own work, on my own terms. And in all honesty, that in specific, allowed me to excel. I felt like the public school system had failed me, as I started to get better at coding. As I left this program, I was met with a fantastic assistance in not only code and theory, but also the job search. This program changed my life, and every single penny put into it was well worth it. It also took some time (a couple months), but I have now found a pretty fantastic position as a front-end dev :)

Special shout-out to Richard and Natasha for being so god damn helpful.

• Bobby Connolly • Software Developer • Graduate

Before I started this immersive full-stack Javascript program, I was feeling anxious about my professional future. By the end of the first week, all my anxiety was blasted away thanks to the best teacher named Jacques. Yup, he's the best!

If you want to become a modern software developer, then look no further because I believe that this is the most direct path out there. Yes, it costs a lot of time, money, and effort but this is all peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

Make sure you are ready before jumping into this course. You cannot afford distractions. Drop your phone down a sewer if you have to. Every day you must awaken with the fullest intention to be a student of software development.

I start my new Software Developer job next Monday.

Thank you, Jacques and Kevin, for creating this pathway.

• Anthony • Front-end Developer • Graduate

I enrolled in DecodeMTL while having a 12 years old but never used degree in computer sciences about which I felt very insecure. In the past, I had often been looking into going back to programming, but all I could find were lengthy university programs.

In only 2 months, I gained most of the up to date knowledge needed to land a job in this effervescent industry.

Everything, from the instructor, curriculum and teaching assistants, to the post-bootcamp support in finding a job and practicing for interviews was flawless! I always felt strongly supported through the whole process.

Learning with 14 other super motivated students was also a wonderful experience. At the end of the bootcamp, even those who had no prior experience in IT were able to deliver awesome projects.

I'd recommend DecodeMTL to anyone who is interested in programming and is tempted by a career in the field.

• Ramata Soumounou • Student

I've heard about this boot camp long ago, and only did it this summer, and I have absolutely no regret. Throughout the eight weeks, students are taught JavaScript technologies such as the React, Express, and Node. During the first weeks, there are daily lectures where each student is expected to complete a set of related exercises that follow. The teacher and his assistants are always available to answer any question. During the last two weeks, each team works on a project of their choice, where they are encouraged to use technologies that were taught during the previous weeks. The day of the final presentation, students have the chance to talk to recruiters, which was an amazing opportunity for networking, and hear about different companies. After the completion of the boot camp, each student is given assistance on how to effectively seek a developer position. In summary, this boot camp is definitely worth the time and the money. Everybody has the chance to become successful programmers, regardless of their coding background prior to this course.