Concordia Bootcamps partners with universities to offer online coding and data science bootcamps. These bootcamps prepare students for careers in tech, and offer a university certificate upon graduation. The bootcamps also teach students how to navigate the job market, how to market themselves, and how to network. Concordia Bootcamps is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
Concordia Bootcamps formerly went by the name DecodeMTL and Journey Education.
Recent Concordia Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.76
Recent Concordia Bootcamps News
- The New Remote Bootcamp at DecodeMTL
- Guide to Coding Bootcamps with Job Guarantees
- Am I the Right Candidate for a Coding Bootcamp?
- Data Science, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, GitHub
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,995 Class size 30 Location Online, MontrealMaster the skills necessary to become a successful Data Scientist - from fundamentals of math & stats to machine learning, data engineering, and so much more. As a graduate, you will earn a university certificate, as well as gain access to our career services team and employer partnerships.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
Concordia Bootcamps Reviews
94 reviews sorted by:
- Full-Stack Immersive Night & Weekends- 7/13/2020Theo Gjini • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Nights & Weekends • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHubI wanted to make a career switch, the most efficiently and quickly possible. I would never regret my choice. I was able to do the bootcamp beside my job, it was a lot of personal investment, but totally doable. The exercises very rewarding, and the lessons very complete, gives you the skill to make real end-to-end web apps. The content is updated according to the industry (TA's and lecturers are professional developers). Less than 3 months after graduated, I landed a full-stack position. The support during and after the course was really great! We have two personal coaches after the graduation, to continue to improve technically and to help us apply to jobs.
I would totally recommend Concordia Bootcamps!
- Works as Advertised!- 6/28/2020Dan Atack • Dev Ops/ Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHubI enrolled with Concordia Bootcamps after leaving my previous job to pursue an interest in programming, and the entire experience was pretty much everything I could have hoped for. In a matter of weeks I went from having almost zero coding knowledge to being able to design and create entire apps and code the servers that ran them.
My cohort started out with everyone attending a physical classroom (remember those?) but had to go online about halfway though our course because of the pandemic. The bootcamp staff reacted to this situation pretty much overnight and adapted the rest of the course to be accessible remotely, and did everything possible to ensure we got as much of the in-class experience as possible, using Zoom meeting rooms for lectures and presentations as well as one-on-one check-ins with our instructor (who, in his spare time, also coded and deployed a remote queue app to manage students' tech support needs).
As soon as the coding-education phase was finished, each graduate was paired up with two career-coaches, one of them a technical expert working in the industry, and the other an experienced life-coach/HR specialist to give us some much-needed advice on the 'soft-skills' side of the job-hunt process.
I was lucky enough to find a job barely a month after our final project presentations, but as I write this several of my peers have also already landed jobs in the field, and all of this during the middle of the COVID recession!
If you are looking for a fast way to build the necessary skills to embark on a career in web or software development, and are willing to make the commitment to doing little other than coding for the 3 months that the course lasts, then I can't recommend this boot camp highly enough. Absolutely great experience from start to finish!
- Almost Impossible to Fail!- 6/22/2020Matteo • Front End Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedInIf you're looking to pursue a career as a Web Developer, I strongly recommend choosing Concordia Bootcamps. I happened to be a one of the students whose Bootcamp was disrupted by our beloved pandemic. Regardless, the staff at CB were quick to adapt to the crisis, doing everything they could to help students like me succeed. Though it took some adjustment, we moved to Zoom lectures, and had access to our Technical Coaches via Zoom (and a cool online queue app they made in their efforts to adapt to the pandemic!). It's evident that they're committed to their students, and genuinely want to see them flourish in the industry. I had little to no experience in real programming prior to the course, and worked mostly in an unrelated field. Now I'm starting a new job as a Front End Developer just 6 weeks after the course and couldn't be happier!
With that said, this isn't a walk in the park. It's a Bootcamp, and what you get out of it will be determined by what you put in. The structure of the course is divided into some theory, solo work, and some group work. The solo work will take up most of your time but there's always a Technical Coach available for when you're stuck. And technical coaches do care, they want you to succeed, so they'll avoid just giving you the answer, and prefer to give you guidance--just enough to help you think and solve the problem yourself. Be ready to struggle and problem solve, and learn to love the process, because the benefits that come from sticking with the struggle is one of the most rewarding aspects of the course (and of programming!).
After the 12 weeks of lectures and projects, comes the Career Services. CB pairs you with a technical coach, who helps you improve your coding skills, and a career coach, who helps you land that first job. Not only that, but the career services offer really helpful tools, webinars, and other support to guide you on your journey.
So, if you're willing to do your part--to do the hard work of learning, asking questions, being curious, and enduring through the struggle, it is indeed impossible to fail. Sign up!
- Good experience for career change- 6/18/2020Wei Zhang • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Nights & Weekends • Campus: Montreal • Verified via LinkedInI really enjoyed the program and it helped me on the career change. I have the working experiences on other industry and will like to reset a new start after moving to Montreal. I have some experiences on programming. This program guided me into a modern framework of web development. The skills and knowledges learned are very transferrable to other programming language and framework. The lectures and workshops are well designed so that the students can learn and then practice. The day to day practice on coding was challenging but it was rewarding. I can sense the improvements on the mindsets of the coding.
After the graduation, the job coaches also helped me to walk through the challenging job searching environment. It is especially helpful for me as new comer in the professional environment in Montreal.
I finally get a job which combined my past domain experience and programming after graduation. It empowered me with multiple options. I would recommend for new arrivals who pursue career change in Montreal to take this program to start a new career as it is a program with solid content, hands-on skills and job assistance support.
- Supercharged career booster- 2/29/2020Louys Patrice Bessette • Full-Stack developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via LinkedInI've been a self taught programmer for close to 10 years before taking that chance of attending the "Full-Stack Immersive" bootcamp. Maybe I should have done it sooner... Or maybe it just was how my path had to be. If you think about attending too, just make sure you are ready to work hard as hell! It is a 8 days a week training. And over night, you will dream about console logging variables to find what exactly is "undefined". So my best advise to you is you should plan on doing nothing else than studying during those 12 weeks. It's an intensive gym session for your brain. Would you really expect to turn an athlete by staying on the couch, in front of the tv?
Now, Concordia Bootcamps was way above my expectations. The course is set up in a wonderful creative way, making that very hard work a student has to do to be captivating. The coaching they will provide to you is the best you can find on earth. I definitely am happy with my experience at Concordia and I warmly recommend it to everyone who really want to become a web developer now. NOW! Yes! That is about immediate results! You will find an amazing job in a matter of days after the end of the course.
Additionally, it gives confidence in yourself and in your capacities. If you ever failed a job interview, you now what I'm talking about. Are you ready for a "boostcamp"?
- I loved my experience at Concordia Bootcamps!I had a great teacher (*Jacques, you are the best! Thank you for everything!*), and I loved our TCs (*Micah, Richard, Michael, I already miss you guys!*) :)Everyone was very patient and did their best to explain everything to us. It wasn’t only coding support but also a psychological one.During the Bootcamp, I had tons of homework and I didn't have a single minute for myself at all, which was very difficult to handle at the time but I am very grateful now that the curriculum was this demanding!I received a very good job offer 7 weeks after finishing the program. *Thank you Natasha for your help!* :) I was also well accompanied by my career coach who gave me precious tips as to how to change my CV. She also helped me find jobs which were a good fit for me. (*Thank you Rachel!!*)Overall, I had a great experience. Highly recommended!
- nice experience- 1/22/2020lili • web developer • Student • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via LinkedIn
I didn't have much expectation when I signed up for the program. I have a business background and I just simply want to learn more about web developement. But it was a good suprise. The class is well organised and the professor is amazing (Jacque you are the best!!!!!) TC is great and everyone is driven. of course there is room to improve but everyone is listening and try to make it works better.
I switch to a web developer career after this program which is unexpected but again a very good suprise and get a nice offer super fast. I am very happy about the result and I will recommend it to my friends. it worth it!
- Yes you can become a developer within 3 months- 11/15/2019Meriem Bannouri • Full-stack developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHubAfter over 3 years working as an industrial engineer I decided to become a developer. It was hard for me to imagine how we could become a developer in 3 months but I decided to trust decode and see what would be the result after working hard all summer. And surprisingly all the teaching tools provided were so well thought out. Even though the rhythm was fast-paced I felt that it was a perfectly timed course. The instructor Jacques is passionate and really smart, he knows how to communicate and explain new concepts. The TAs were so helpful technically and psychological and I learned a lot from them, they tried to mentor us and not only find bugs in our code. In summary after finishing the bootcamp, I received support from Natasha and my career coach and within 6 weeks of job hunting I got 3 offers and I chose to work for one of the companies that I met during the career event organized by Concordia Bootcamps. I am now a full-stack developer very happy to start my new career! I would like to say THANK YOU to all the team
- Successful career change- 11/9/2019Chi-Hung Ly • Front-End Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via LinkedInI joined the bootcamp because I wanted a career change quickly. At first, I was a little skeptical about the program but on my first day, I was already impressed by Jacques’ (head of education and instructor) knowledge and teaching approach. Personally, I would have appreciated a little more documentation to support the theory learned in class but that is probably just me. The teaching assistants were also very highly skilled and to see them so passionate and efficient at their job was very inspiring. Did I mention that they were all ex-Concordia bootcamp students?The bootcamp is intensive. Its curriculum is relevant and focuses on the trends of the software industry. Their approach is less lecture and more lab time, so if you are not comfortable with this learning method, you will have a hard time. I would be the first to admit that I felt really overwhelmed in the beginning.They also offer an amazing career consultation service. Natasha (director of operations) and her team helped me secure 2 offers within a month after the bootcamp and even advised me in the decision making and negociation process. I believe that I now have all the knowledge necessary to take my coding skills to the next level.In summary, don’t expect to become a senior programmer in 3 months, because I do not think that any bootcamp can do that. But if you are committed and ready to do nothing else but to only code for the length of the bootcamp, you will definitely come away with a good understanding of web development.At the end of the day, the bootcamp delivered what they promised: to equip us with the right skills to get started in the software industry.
- Expectations fulfilled- 11/8/2019Laura M Zapata Aspiazu • Junior Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Nights & Weekends • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHub
I decided to join DecodeMtl Bootcamp because their tech stack is nowadays highly demanded in the industry which increases the probability to find a job.
If you are reluctant of self-learning, and you need some motivation, this boot camp is perfect for you, because you are not going to be alone, you will meet incredible classmates and instructors that motivates you during the learning process.
The instructor, Jordan, is well-prepared, he not only explains the material but also challenged us with questions. The TAs were excellent, they were very patient answering all our questions. They make sure you learn how coding works not only what the syntaxis is.
In addition, at the end of the course, we were assigned a career coach.
Overall, I would recommend this course!!
- A great beginning to a new Journey- 11/8/2019Nirojan Karun • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via GitHub
Concordia bootcamps effectively teaches you exactly what you need to know to be relevant in the growing software industry. It might be hard to believe in the beginning, but you will gain the skills required to enter the industry.
The teaching assistants were ex-concordia bootcamp students, and seeing them at such a high skill level was very inspiring. Their ability to quickly assess and troubleshoot problems gave me the belief that with effort, I could also become awesome at coding.
After finishing the course, the career services were able to set up a bunch of interviews for us. I was able to get a position within a month, and am now starting my journey as a full stack developer.
- Definitely the Right Decision- 9/21/2019Noam Shalev • Front End Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Immersive • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHub
Decode was definitely the right choice for me. I do think that it's possible to teach yourself coding and get a job so Decode is not your only option if the money is a deterrence. For me though, I knew that I needed a supportive environment and a structured path to get me where I needed to be. Decode was definitely this and seeing as I got a job within 2 months and really enjoyed my time, was worth the money to me.
I gave the course 5 stars not because it's perfect, there is always room for improvement, but because Jacques, the instructor, knows this. He was always very curious as to whether we liked what he was teaching and the tools he was using to do so, and that's probably one of the most important qualities in an instructor. I think this course is only going to keep iimproving as he gets feedback.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this course if you're looking for a career change!