concordia-bootcamps-logo

Concordia Bootcamps

Concordia Bootcamps

Concordia Bootcamps partners with universities to offer online coding and data science bootcamps. These bootcamps prepare students for careers in tech, and offer a university certificate upon graduation. The bootcamps also teach students how to navigate the job market, how to market themselves, and how to network. Concordia Bootcamps is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.

Concordia Bootcamps formerly went by the name DecodeMTL and Journey Education.

Recent Concordia Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (118) reviews for Concordia Bootcamps →

Recent Concordia Bootcamps News

Read all (6) articles about Concordia Bootcamps →
  • Web Development Diploma

Express.js, Front End, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js, CSS
    Our flagship 12-week online coding bootcamp focuses on teaching you full-stack web development, with a heavy focus on JavaScript. As a graduate, you will earn a university certificate and have access to our team of career coaches and employer partners.
  • Web Development Diploma (Part-Time)

CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
  • Marie Petit  User Photo
    Marie Petit • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was part of the Concordia Bootcamps (Full Stack Web Dev) and graduated in April 2021. I started with little to no experience in web development, and though the course is expensive, this was hands-down one of the (if not THE) best investment I've made. The curriculum, teaching format and practical work I did was all extremely useful and well-presented, and I deeply appreciate the enthusiasm and continuous assistance from our technical coaches during the 3-months course. In addition to the amazing education I received, the Concordia Career Services had a huge impact on what happened post-graduation. With a tailored program to help you maximize your chances of securing a job after you graduate (including one-on-one meetings with a career coach, a technical coach and career fair opportunities), I was able to get an offer within 2 weeks after the course ended. At the end of 2020, I was taking a leap of faith and doing a career change, and after doing this course, there is no doubt in my mind I would make the same choice all over again.
  • Aya Sato  User Photo
    Aya Sato • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Deciding to enroll in the Concordia Bootcamps was one of the best decisions of my life!
    I am a recent graduate and was a part-time student from September 2020 to April 2021 in their Web Development stream.
    I was previously working in a completely different field and as someone who had little prior experience in coding, it took quite a bit of courage to pursue a complete career change but I cannot be any happier that I did! I received a job offer as a Full-Stack Developer even before I completed the course and now I am truly happy with my new job!

The course was well organized and the instructor and the TCs were extremely helpful and they truly care about your success! (Thank you Tiffany, Diana, Richard, and Bryce! You are the best!!)

Every topic was followed by a workshop (for the part-time stream, we usually had 2 workshops to complete per week) and there were also bigger projects throughout the course. I would not say that it was easy and I definitely put a lot of effort into learning everything that I could but if you are determined and ready to put your efforts, this bootcamp will change your life :)

I personally also liked the fact that there is a small project that we had to do before being admitted to the course. This involved self-leaning (which is a big part of being a developer) and also gives you the opportunity to figure out if a career in web development is for you.

Overall, I had an amazing experience and I am very grateful for all the support and encouragement that I received throughout the bootcamp!
  • François-Xavier Cyr  User Photo
    François-Xavier Cyr • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Very happy with the decision I've taken to register to the Diploma in Full Stack Web Development at Concordia Bootcamps. The curriculum was very well written and laid out in a way that you'd always learn and build and concepts you learn. The teacher was very knowledgeable and very dynamic, same for the TAs that were helping him and us.

Even though it all happened remotely due to the pandemic, it was very smooth and interactive. When coding, the teacher and TAs will let you fail as long as it's no longer productive for you to do so, which according to me, is the best way to learn.

Once the course is over, you're fully supported by their career services. They bring you in front of employers, they help with your CV, they coach you for you first, second, third interview and a technical coach is assigned to you to review and comment on technical tests some companies will make you do in order to move to the next step.

Only 3 months after graduation, I've had one freelance contract as a full stack developer and I'm now a full time front end developer at one of the coolest dev shop in Montreal. Highly recommend it!
  • Andres Rueda  User Photo
    Andres Rueda • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
     I highly recommend the Concordia Bootcamp, the curriculum is up to date to the latest releases of React (hooks, Redux, useReducer, etc) and includes many intensive workshops where you can learn while hands-on. Here you will learn not only the latest about the MERN stack but also the most important concepts of coding.  Our teacher (Josh Comeau) has a lot of experience has participated in international conferences. I signed for a face-to-face program since all this was new for me, I have the idea it won't work in a virtual environment. However, due to COVID-19, we have to go virtual. I couldn't be happier. While the program kept its professionalism and the technical advisors support us in any doubts we could have during the learning process, we also had the advantage of learning from home, with no worries about losing my time on displacements. I doubted the program before I signed because it doesn't guarantee a practice or a job once it is finalized. I couldn't be wrong. The program philosophy is that success is only in your hands, but this will not prevent you to be accompanied in every step you have to do by the career service team, following their advice and working hard on my job applications I was able to land in a great position as a Full Stack Web developer in less than a month after our graduation.
  • Myra-Grace Salinas  User Photo
    Myra-Grace Salinas • Web Developer • Verified via LinkedIn
    No frills intensive education. You come out skilled and knowledgeable. I knew absolutely nothing going in and now I'm working in the field! The best thing I learnt there was how to independently learn and solve coding problems.
  • Ning An  User Photo
    Ning An • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a data analyst, I used to be very interested in coding, and thus got involved into some courses at various platforms, but none of them told me what exactly I was doing and what I can accomplish with the skills. The code camp made it. The daily lectures give you a big picture of a specific new area and some necessary information, while the daily workshops, designed with realistic context, are the mysterious world you dive into to show the value of your skills and to practice a real life as a developer. We all started toddling with the TCs and lecturers holding our hands anytime we need, but then you gradually found them more of gurus and collaborators, and you all work on building the same masterpiece, i.e. you as a confident developer. Same credit goes to the career service. The Job hunting process can be extremely frustrating. It's unlike the daily workshop which gives you instant feedback and a sense of achievement. Receiving auto-replies and rejections would be more like your daily life then. But the career coach is right there like a compass directing you to the right path and a lighthouse in the pitch-dark ocean cheering you up. Plus, you'll also start your tech network with your classmates in the cohort. Those cute ppl are your lifetime invaluable fortune.
  • Jordan Gabay  User Photo
    Jordan Gabay • Technical Recruiter • Student Verified via GitHub
    I found this program through a co-worker of mine and once he told me about it I thought it was worth a try. I had no experience coding and took the 3 month intensive but this program provides the resources you need to learn a lot of languages and by the end you'll be able to stand on your own feet. The teacher and the TA's care a lot about the students attending and hold you accountable for the work that you do. It's almost impossible to fail since you're constantly learning and have people making sure you can keep up with the class. After the program you're presented with the option to use career services which will help you make your way into the workforce. I would take advantage of these opportunities if I were you! They don't guarantee you a job but give you the insight and practice that you'll need while working. I didn't accept a developer job exactly, but doing the program combined with my past experiences lead to me becoming a technical recruiter working closely with engineering and software.

Overall I'd recommend this if you're looking for your next career step or if you're looking to pick up software development as a means to compliment your current background.
  • Kenny  User Photo
    Kenny • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
     After learning by myself for 2months, I decided to enroll in Concordia in order to speed up my learning process. The team Concordia bootcamps team provides you with a lot of support and tools while you work on projects. I graduated with the confidence and ability to continue learning independently as a real developer. There is even a career-services program included that helps you find a job after graduation, which is how I landed my first internship.
  • Ashkan  User Photo
    Ashkan • Web Developer Verified via GitHub
    I joined this program with zero prior coding knowledge. It was the best experience of my educational life. The program is very complete and up to date. They thought of everything and whatever you learn, you learn from the bests. The entire team is so knowledgeable , nice, caring and helpful and even after your graduation they will support you both technically and mentally. After this program not only I changed my career also I found a lot of friends in this field.
  • Myriam Mansouri  User Photo
    Myriam Mansouri • Frontend developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    J'ai décidé d'appliquer au Bootcamp pour en finir avec le cycle infernal de l'apprentissage web en autodidacte où on fait beaucoup de tutoriels en ligne mais peu de projets concrets. Et c'est ce que j'ai trouvé avec le bootcamp de Concordia, pleins de projets dans lesquels se plonger pour vraiment comprendre et expérimenter les concepts appris. L'avantage du bootcamp, c'est que dans ces projets on n'est jamais seul. Toute l'équipe du Bootcamp est là pour nous soutenir et répondre à nos questions. En passant, l'équipe enseignante est extrêmement sympathique et généreuse de son temps. Le service de carrière n'est pas en reste non plus. C'est grâce au job fair organisé par leur soin que j'ai pu rencontrer mon futur employeur. Malgré le contexte de la Covid, j'ai reçu une offre moins de deux mois après la fin du bootcamp.
  • Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • JavaScript Front-End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     This is the hands down best bootcamp that exists. We get access to not one or two, but four experts in the field! The course is very well structured, teaching the material the morning and spending the afternoon working on projects to solidify the leanings. During this time, there are always 3 instructors online ready to answer questions, provide further explanation, and guide when we get stuck. This way we get the perfect mix of learning independence, without getting stuck on problems for longer than we should be.

All of the instructors were kind and highly knowledgeable. They pushed us to always do our best and challenged us to reach our maximum potential. The classmates were incredibly friendly as well, and I came away from the course being good friends with many. Working side by side with fellow coders in the class was another valuable experience. We would often be assigned group work, which was an excellent opportunity to learn teamwork and pick up different coding techniques.

The final project gauntlet was one of my proudest accomplishments. We were given two weeks to create a full-stack web application and the project was open to anything we were motivated to work on. It was independent work where we had to bring everything we had to the table. With the knowledge we had acquired over the course of the 3 months and the guidance of the instructors, everyone showed extremely impressive results.

At the end of the course, we were assigned a professional technical coach, as well as a professional career coach to help us in the job hunt. The career coach provided one on one meetings every week and helped with everything from looking over resumes and cover letters to mock culture fit interviews and moral support. The technical coach took on the technical side of things in conducting mock technical interviews, giving advice for the first week on the job, and looking over technical assignments from companies. Within a month of completing the course, I got an amazing job offer that I have since accepted.

All in all, Concordia Bootcamps was one of the best decisions I have made. I have so much high praise for all the instructors and the career coaches as they all were absolutely incredible. This course completely changed the course of my life and I can't recommend enrolling enough!

• Lucas  User Photo
    Lucas • Software Dev Intern • Verified via LinkedIn
    I signed up to the Bootcamp with a bit of experience in html/css/js and a variety of libraries because i was looking to make the jump to the tech world and wanted to start off as a developer.
    The program I did, entirely done remotely, was well structured and well organized. The typical day consisted of a lecture between 1-2 hours, followed by an afternoon where we were left to our own devices to go through workshops to consolidate what was taught in the morning. The workshops were intense but not impossible, and we always had access (and were encouraged) to call a technical coach when we hit a road block. The process of learning was entirely based on the amount of effort you put in even and although there were certain workshops that were impossible to finish in an afternoon (or evening for that matter) enough time was scheduled to allow us to ''catch up'' or ''go for stretch goals'' to ensure that we were all on the right track. The workshops all led to projects which built directly on the workshops themselves, those of us that did the workshops had a good idea of how to do most of the projects which closed off a module.
    The final projects were the most interesting and rewarding and ultimately where i really got the sense that i knew how to code. We had to come up with the ideas and the implementation ourselves and while we did have guidance, no one got into the weeds with us. All in all a good experience.
    Career-wise we had access to a career coach and a technical coach who helped us through the job search process. They dont find the job for you, but they do put you in situations that help you out. I accepted an paid internship less than a month after finishing.