concordia-bootcamps-logo

Concordia Bootcamps

Concordia Bootcamps

Concordia Bootcamps partners with universities to offer online coding and data science bootcamps. These bootcamps prepare students for careers in tech, and offer a university certificate upon graduation. The bootcamps also teach students how to navigate the job market, how to market themselves, and how to network. Concordia Bootcamps is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.

Concordia Bootcamps formerly went by the name DecodeMTL and Journey Education.

Recent Concordia Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (117) reviews for Concordia Bootcamps →

Recent Concordia Bootcamps News

Read all (6) articles about Concordia Bootcamps →
  • Web Development Diploma

Express.js, Front End, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js, CSS
    Our flagship 12-week online coding bootcamp focuses on teaching you full-stack web development, with a heavy focus on JavaScript. As a graduate, you will earn a university certificate and have access to our team of career coaches and employer partners.
  • Web Development Diploma (Part-Time)

CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
  • khalid el amrani  User Photo
    khalid el amrani • Java developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was a very nice and very demanding experience, during 3 months I had to work hard and focus exclusively on the Bootcamp, but at the end it was a very fructuous experience, you dont spend your time in theory (theory is scattered everywhere, you can Google it easily), most of the day is spent in coding workshops, hat off to all the staff that knows how to make you busy with useful projects all the time. The career coaching service is outstanding, it was beyond my expectation, I never meat people like those professionals, I have to mention Coach "Penny Mancuso" who was very helpful and knew how to show me the right path to success, Thank you again "Penny".
    I recommend this Bootcamp to anyone who want to start working in web development.
  • Daniel Wang  User Photo
    Daniel Wang • Solutions Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Program: Full-Stack Web Development (Full-Time)
    Remarks:
    1. Awesome Curriculum, intuitive and timely for the current job market.
    2. Instructors and Career Service team fully Engaged.
    3. Well recognized program in the Linkedin community.
    4. Professional and resourceful Team.

• Meng Si  User Photo
    Meng Si • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was part of the full-time Concordia Data Science Bootcamp. Finished it in December 2021, and landed a very good job in mid-February 2022, about 5 weeks after my first job application.

Before the bootcamp, I was in a completely different field and all my coding experience came from a few online courses. Through this bootcamp, I learned so many things that I didn't know before about data science, and also significantly improved my coding skills in python. The instructors are very helpful and supportive. Concordia also provides free access to a lot of online resources, like Udemy and DataCamp. Take advantage of it, learn as much as you can. The bootcamp is intensive, but if you want to excel, you need to put in more work.

The Career Service after the bootcamp is simply AMAZING! The career coach will help you with every step of your job searching, from the resume, CV, LinkedIn profile, to mock interviews, interview preps, and a lot of moral support! There is also a great team trying their best to connect you with amazing employers. Almost half of my interview opportunities came from the job fair.

My transition to Data Science went very smoothly thanks to the Concordia Bootcamp. Best investment I had, it's so worth it! Recommend it to anyone who wants to switch to Data Science!

• Hangi Chon  User Photo
    Hangi Chon • Junior full stack developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was one of the best decisions that I've ever made to join Concordia Bootcamps just when I had finished my plan for self teaching web development. As I always heard about their good reputation I was impressed by how organized and well-structured the curriculum was and how supportive and helpful the instructors were, all of which play a big role in motivaring you to strive to learn and achieve your goal. Their career coaching service was outstanding with coaches being there when you'd need them. As long as you put the right effort and dedication, everything else is there to help you make your dream come true. I would choose Concordia Bootcamps again if I have to start all over again.
  • Jeremie Legault  User Photo
    Jeremie Legault • Software Engineering, Full Stack Development, Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before enrolling in the Concordia Web Development Bootcamp, I had very little experience coding. I had only done about 30 hours of HTML, CSS and JavaScript combined. Starting this Bootcamp was definitely a leap of faith, but I am so glad I did it!
    Throughout the course, instructors were so helpful. I also learned to leverage my cohort, all of whom taught me so much. Bootcamp was REALLY hard work, but I made it through. Three months after graduating I am starting a really good job at an exciting company.
    One of the best parts of Concordia Bootcamp is Career Services. First I was paired with an excellent career coach and technical coach. They helped me polish up my CV, LinkedIn and technical knowledge and had encouraging words along the way. Next, Career Services offered information sessions with prospective employers, career fair and practice job interviews. It was through Career Services that I was connected with my current employer. I can't wait to start my new job!
    Thank you Concordia Bootcamps!
  • Brandon Cha  User Photo
    Brandon Cha • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The overall experience was wonderful. There was a lot of in-depth knowledge and practices you can learn as a newcomer to programming and coding in this bootcamp and the stack you mostly will learn here (from my experience at the time of graduation in October 2021) is the M.E.R.N. web development stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReactJS, and NodeJS) with strong foundations in fundamentals in HTML/CSS and JavaScript. But as I did the full time bootcamp, this is not for the lax and easy-going work habit person. While I did wish the bootcamps did cover a bit of other alternative technology stacks that are also popular with developers today such as TypeScript (Angular), PHP, and Ruby/Rails, having that in-depth foundational knowledge in programming and algorithms/sorting was in my opinion was more important as they were particularly important if you were doing technical interviews down the road with larger companies (FAANG/next-generation-tech companies and JSOC/cybersecurity positions particularly) that required you to think and create a algorithm with time complexity (think Big O notation) in mind.

The instructors at Concordia Bootcamps are extremely helpful (without giving you obvious answers) but you as the student is only good as the effort and the work you put into this. Bootcamps aren't cheap, and if you are serious about pursuing a career in web development, whether to complement your current career or switching into it, the profession requires self-discipline and the constant hunger to learn. Your technology knowledge stack and bootcamp experience should not be the endgame, but rather the starting point. While it is important to retain that knowledge and add current trends and updates on top of that, and it is difficult to do so in a rapid-changing environment like this one, but the learning curve mindset is important before you consider anything like this will change your life forever. With the backing of a well-known public university like Concordia University, just having the name recognition can also have a minor impact when job hunting, especially when applying to larger and well known organizations.

The career services after graduation (and only they will provide after passing all the required modules) is extremely important and highly recommended to participate, unless you already been know your way around job hunting in the tech world or already have a job/company waiting for you for onboarding/transitioning. Don't think of this as your mediocre run-of-the-mill college or university career centers with underpaid undergraduates/graduates or HR associates giving generalized or less than enthusiastic advices, although I'm sorry to say I do have to also include Concordia University's CAPS in that unfortunate group. The bootcamps' career services (not affiliated with CAPS) however, are much different and tailored to technology sector. Think of the bootcamp career services more like a combination of one-on-one career counsellors/coaches guiding and advising you on your job search journey with the introduction of career fairs and information sessions from various companies to get you more engaged and personalized contacts with potential employers. Like in the bootcamp, make the most of your effort pursuing this as you are learning from the experience of job rejections (and likely you'll get many before landing an offer).

I've personally went through this and it was great, went through 150+ applications from FAANG companies to budding startups from my locale in Toronto to job postings across Canada and some across borders in the U.S. and U.K. before landing not one, but two great offers (one from a subsidiary of tech giant in Seattle and a medium sized multimedia solutions provider in Halifax). Your career coach at the bootcamp can help navigate through your job offer and determine if you should accept it as is or negotiate in a few areas (like relocation costs if not remote or IT reimbursements for new electronics, utility costs, etc. if working nearly 100% remotely), but as a career-switching, newly minted junior developer with no leverage on skills or experience (the only leverage I really had was "another offer" pending), just accepting it as is (unless the salary/comp was outright horrible that you had no other choice but to decline) would be a much better option and wait for a better one. The career services will start from your graduation date, and will end if you accept or decline an offer (they will only continue services if you show them the offer was downright below market rate, exploitative, etc.) or after 6 months elapsed. My only criticism is that career fairs and information sessions should start earlier (within first or second week after graduation, I know people need to decompress after a stressful 3 months for full time bootcamp) and be more frequent as my current job was found (with the help of Concordia bootcamps, but not sponsored) through an external tech career fair.
  • Amazing experience
    - 10/10/2021
    Alex Shaw  User Photo
    Alex Shaw • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Concordia bootcamps really changed my view of what a good schooling experience could feel like. My instructor, Jordan was phenomenal and extremely knowledgeable. He was almost always able to convey in layman’s terms some of the more complicated concepts of web development and allowed for even someone like me who had little to no coding experience prior to entering the bootcamp to cultivate my skills. The TA’s as well were extremely patient and helpful when it came to helping myself and other students tackle the daily coding exercises and concepts we would learn. After having graduated from the program, I also felt extremely grateful for my career coaches who bolstered my confidence and were instrumental in guiding me towards landing my first web development job. I am now onto my second job working in a stack that greatly resembles that of the bootcamp’s (React, Golang, Mongo…) and I feel very content. I cannot understate how much of a great decision it was for me to enter and complete this bootcamp, even after coming from a background that has no relation to programming. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to head down this career path!
  • Jordan Banal  User Photo
    Jordan Banal • Business Analyst Intern • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Throughout the 3-month full-time Data Science bootcamp, I have learned about data collection, data cleaning data visualization, data manipulation, regression, machine learning and predictive modelling. What I liked about the bootcamp is that you get to practice your Python skills so much in order to achieve goals in terms of data science. As an autodidact who likes programming, I truly enjoyed it! I would recommend this bootcamp to anyone who would like to step into the technical world of Data Science. The team at Journey Education makes sure you get the value from your money regarding the quality of the material and advice given by the professor but also everything coming after the bootcamp has ended for the job search. The meetings every week with my coach really helped me both mentally and professionally to grow. As a result of that, I have found my perfect job opportunity and I could not be thankful enough. Thank you to Concordia University, Journey Education, my professor Steven and my coach Penny.
  • Salim Z  User Photo
    Salim Z • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The one thing that made me doubt about my decision of applying here was the price, but to be honest it is worth every penny!

The curriculum is loaded but very manageable if you devote a lot your time on it. The class instructor was very thorough with their explanation and if you had questions he would always take the time to make sure you understood the material. If you still didn’t understand, they hold office hours online from the end of lectures until the end of the class day (it was 5pm for me). They also have online presence on Discord, where you can also ask questions to them or to other students in the cohort. You can really feel the strong sense of community at the Bootcamp!

After your graduation at the bootcamp, they have career services for at least 6 months, which is usually enough to help you find a job. They hold a career fair (mine was online), where you have quick meetings with at least a dozen employers to network with. You are assigned with a career coach from the beginning of the career service term, who really helps you build your image to interviewers. You have a meeting at least once a week with them to discuss the progress and practice interview questions. The also assign you with a technical coach, with whom you have meetings to practice web dev technical questions. After about 3-4 weeks you are usually set to pass interviews with ease and confidence.

Of course experiences may vary by people, but this was mine. If I had something to suggest to anyone considering applying here, it would be to learn beforehand some basic programming theory. In this case it would be basic html, css and javascript. However, I would also suggest learning some general programming knowledge, like problem-solving for example (you can probably find some good ressources for basic technical theory).
  • Vishal Handa  User Photo
    Vishal Handa • Associate Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The course is very intensive and exhaustive. One must be prepared to focus on the material taught, exercises, and projects in all the free time available. This gives a great foundation to one's coding skills, and one is left with a sense of accomplishment at the end of it.

It was a really big decision to enroll in this course, as from an administrative background having a completely different path of career gave me quite an insight into what was needed to become a successful programmer. The syllabus is very interestingly laid out from HTML, CSS, JS to ReactJS, NodeJS and MongoDB, but the learning doesn't stop there. The TCs and teachers are always very very helpful, and the peers are ever so curious to learn more and more.

Overall, it is a great environment to learn something from scratch and excel in.
  • Victoria Peart  User Photo
    Victoria Peart • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    They weren't lying when they said it would be intense! The subject matter is complicated, the lectures were sometimes really long and difficult to follow, and the work could easily pile up if you didn't stay on top of it. However, the instructors were knowledgable and patient and never failed to guide me through any of my problems. Some people don't like doing schoolwork online, but it was ideal for me being deaf to communicate solely through writing. They also provided me with a subscription for a voice recording app which helped during the lectures. I felt that some of the workshops could be improved, the instructions were a bit vague and difficult to understand at times and typos which held things up - but I believe it was good practice for actual coding. I really enjoyed working on my final project and the freedom to do whatever I wanted with it. After graduation, they provided excellent career services and I was able to land a job within 2 months. Overall, an awesome experience and I'm very grateful to the whole team!
  • Sandra Bessette  User Photo
    Sandra Bessette • Web developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The Concordia web development diploma was a great experience and was worth all the effort I put into it. The teacher and the help teams supported us very well and I was able to develop a great confidence in the coding of web applications. I already had previous programming experience but in the end it gave me the autonomy I needed to be able to stand on my own, start new projects and continue my story of endless learning in the world of web programming. The best thing is that I was able to find a job quickly after I finished my program and could apply my new knowledge right away.