code-institute-logo

Code Institute

Dublin, Online

Code Institute

Code Institute offers upskilling in software development through flexible, full-time and part-time, online bootcamps. The Full Stack Software Development diploma covers HTML, CSS, Python, Django, JavaScript, and competencies such as agile development and project management. Students can choose between part-time and full-time study, and will become a member of an online community of learners. All Code Institute mentors have extensive experience in tech and many of them are professionals in the industry. Code Institute equips students with remote working skills and also provides support services, such as 1:1 mentorship and career services, such as portfolio guidance and job interview preparation. Through Code Institute’s industry contacts and proprietary analytics platform, the Code Institute recruitment team can match a student's strengths and ambitions to an employer's needs.

To apply, candidates can fill out an online form on the Code Institute website. Expect to receive a call from the Code Institute team within 24 hours. After the call, candidates will receive a notification about whether they have been accepted into the program.

Code Institute is a university credit-rated bootcamp in Europe, and validated by the Ministry of Education in Ontario, the Higher Education Authority in Sweden, the Ministry of Communications in Singapore, and the Higher Education Authority in Ireland. Graduates can also earn university credit rated by Edinburgh Napier University. Code Institute graduates have been hired by tech companies like Accenture, Paypal, and Salesforce.

Recent Code Institute Reviews: Rating 4.31

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    OnlinePart Time5 Hours/week1 Week
    Cost0
    Class size2000
    The 5 Day Challenge allows you to understand coding from both a theoretical and practical point of view. We do this through covering the three pillars of modern front end software development – HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Over the five days, you will receive online access to Code Institute’s world-class Learning Management System (LMS). The course content is structured around the concept of microlearning. Each day you’ll be given a new coding challenge to complete with supporting videos and detailed notes to aid you. You will need to set aside roughly 60 minutes per day (Evenings and Weekend if preferred) to complete each challenge. On completion of all challenges, you’ll learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. More importantly – you’ll find out if becoming a software developer is the next step for you. Start Date: Every Monday. Duration: 1 hour per day for 5 days.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required.
  • Full-Time: Diploma in Software Development

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Python
    OnlineFull Time16 Weeks
    Our 9-module programme is delivered through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS) over 16 weeks. Our support pillars will guide you through these modules and throughout, you will be building your portfolio of four milestone projects. These milestone projects are what your results are based on, and they are what makes your portfolio. Ultimately, they will help you change your career. Code Institute’s Full-Time Software Development learning track was created to combine the best features of the classroom and online experiences. This is the fastest way to become qualified and change career to software development. This full stack software development programme provides full-time students with tailored support and a team-learning environment - all with a view to help students push forward and graduate within 16 weeks. Students receive access to world-class support to make their learning journey as effective and satisfying as possible. This includes daily check-in’s, tutoring, mentoring sessions, along with access to community engagement channels such as Slack. Students will be given a weekly timetable based on studying from 9am-5pm (GMT+1).
    Deposit€1000
    Tuition PlansPayment Plans Available
    Minimum Skill LevelA basic level of coding knowledge is required.
    Prep WorkAll applicants must complete our free 5 Day Coding Challenge.
  • Part-Time: Diploma in Software Development

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Python
    Our 9-module programme is delivered through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS). Our support pillars will guide you through these modules and throughout, you will be building your portfolio of four milestone projects. These milestone projects are what your results are based on, and they are what makes your portfolio. Ultimately, they will help you change your career. On successful completion, you will be a qualified software developer within 12 months and in a position to apply for a developer role. This is made easier for students with the assistance of our world-class support from our student care, mentors, tutors, facilitators, and professional software developers. Code Institute’s Part-Time Software Development learning track was created to combine the best features of the classroom and online experiences. This is the fastest way to become qualified and change career to software development. This full stack software development programme provides part-time students with tailored support and a team-learning environment - all with a view to help students push forward and graduate in less than 1 year. Students receive access to world-class support to make their learning journey as effective and satisfying as possible. This includes daily check-in’s, tutoring, mentoring sessions, along with access to community engagement channels such as Slack.
    Tuition PlansPayment Plans Available
    Minimum Skill LevelA basic level of coding knowledge is required.
    Prep WorkAll applicants must complete our free 5 Day Coding Challenge.

• Nakita McCool • Student

I completed Code Institute's 13 week Full Stack developer bootcamp in April 2016. Before applying to Code Institute, I did quite a bit of research on bootcamps in both Ireland and the UK. The three key reasons I believe I made the best choice in going with Code Institute are as follows:

1. The course content is driven by industry/ employer demands:
    Code Institute have an Industry Advisory Council (IAC) made up of a number of industry experts and employers who they meet with regularly to discuss the skills and technologies being sought in industry. The course content is developed to align with industry demands - meaning that the languages and frameworks covered on the course are relevant to current job opportunities. For this reason, a high percentage of past students of the bootcamp and online course have been successful in finding developer jobs upon completion of the course. Furthermore, they constantly review and update their course content so that they can keep up to date with the industry - which is a major plus for jobseekers in a market that is constantly evolving at pace. The Code Institute team organise 'Employers week' - whereby online and bootcamp students can meet and attend presentations from recruiters and employers. Students can also avail of CV workshops and mock interviews (technical and non-technical) which helps get you application, interview and job ready.

2. The course is competitively priced and you can choose a learning path to suit your own schedule:
    I did quite a bit of research on different coding courses (ranging from free to fee-based, part-time online to full-time classroom) and in my opinion Code Institute offers the best value for money. The fees were significantly lower than comparable courses in the UK and the languages and frameworks covered on the curriculum (HTML, CSS, JS, Python, SQL, Mongo, Angular2, Django) are relevant to what employers are looking for in developers. Furthermore, the Code Institute team are supportive of helping you find a learning schedule that is tailored to you - whether that be a full time bootcamp or part time online course. I chose to do the bootcamp as I believed this gave me the best opportunity to up-skill quickly and the best value for money. However, I've talked to online students who complete the course part-time and benefit from support from mentors as well as group chats on slack to help them work through the lessons.

3. The faculty and student support team are excellent:
    Before applying to Code Institute, I spoke with Denise (then Education Advisor) and Brian (Programme Director) to see if the course would be a good fit from me. Both were incredibly helpful - a trait which is prevalent within the Code Institute team. Both myself and the other students availed of great support from the team throughout the course. The teaching staff (Richard, Brian and Neil) were excellent - knowledgeable in their fields and able to challenge the students to learn new technologies at speed. They were able to explain complex topics in layman terms. They also were patient and supportive when you faced a challenging topic - and encouraged you to get to the answer yourself (without giving the answer to you) which I appreciated as this helped me to learn from any mistakes and understand how to resolve them. The Student Advisory team (Tiffany, Will) were also on hand to organise meet and greets/ presentations with employers and to help us resolve any issues.

The three key points above are a summary of my three biggest pros of choosing to study with Code Institute. In terms of cons, a simple suggestion I would make is to advertise the Employer's week more (either on the website or in a conversation at the point of students applying to the course). Week 13 (i.e. Employer's week) was one of the most valuable weeks of the course which I was thankfully able to make - however when signing up to the course I thought the course was 12 weeks only. Technically, the bootcamp does last 12 weeks only (as all course content is covered in that period) - that said I'd argue the 13th week is something you don't want to miss!

• Wasted money
    - 5/31/2020
    Peter  User Photo
    Peter • Student Verified via GitHub
    Absolutely terrible. Do not pay so much money for a course unless you are some kind of gifted student in the field, as there is no help if you struggle with the content! You really are on your own.
  • Brilliant Diplomas
    - 5/11/2020
    Feddie  User Photo
    Feddie • Dermesonoglou • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Code Institute is an amazing organisation that is very interested to assist people to expand on their career. From the very first day, from their core modules (very structured) to their tutor and community support, it makes you not only learn a lot, but also enjoy this entire journey. They are so prepared to help a person from even a beginner level to become very confident in programming. They focus on python frameworks but also on being very keen to javascript and front-end, to make a person realise then where they want to turn on. It is based on submitting projects rather than doing an online examination, which in my opinion is more efficient. Bottom line, it is a career-based and accredited diploma and I fully recommend to anyone to enroll at their courses and become part of it... It is a win-win and a career highlight !!!
  • Geert van Kaathoven  User Photo
    Geert van Kaathoven Verified via GitHub
    I got in contact with Code Institute when I went to one of the open evenings in Amsterdam. Soon after this I decided to join and start on my career change.
    The course itself is divided in different modules and along the way you do 4 milestone projects. Which you can showcase on your portfolio along the way.

If you are stuck you always can ask you question to the tutor support. And they will guide you in the right direction. Or there is the slack community with all the current and past students answering question. As you start on each milestone you get a assigned a mentor that will help you along the way.

Code Institute does also have hackathons  to take part in(ex: Easter, Halloween, Christmas) to get the feel of working in teams/sprints.

After your graduated you still be part of a great community!

• Robin Kaal  User Photo
    Robin Kaal • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The best reason to do this course is that you can study from anywhere and still have a great tutor support at almost any time on the day. It gives you all the knowledge to continue learning more and start a career in software development.
  • Les  User Photo
    Les • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I found this to be a fantastic course and an excellent challenging experience.  Coming from a sales background with little to no knoweldge of coding I found it significantly challenging.  Luckily the support that is offered reallys helps you and it does it in a way that lets you find the answer yourself without just providing it straight up.  The support tools include a mentor assigned to you for the whole duration, who was excellent, basically a 24/7 tutoring team, who were also excellent, an awesome slack community that includes students going through the same course with channels specific to the stage you are at and a general student care team who check in with you regularly to ensure everything is ok and on track. And again everyone who I dealt with whether it was student or staff couldnt be more helpful.  Dont get me wrong there are times when my head was completely melted from trying to grasp the concepts, and as you dig deeper you realise that there is so much to learn and it can sometimes be overwhelming, but if you stick at it and leverage the help at hand then you can do well.  Dont underestimate the time you need to set aside too, the course assessment is based on four milestone projects that are designed to implement your learnings along the way and get progressively more advanced as each new concept is integrated, with the culmination reaching a project needing the full stack suite of skills and tools to complete successfully.  Now freshly finished I do feel like I have come along way, however, I would say that whilst I have a broad new skillset, I do have the desire to practise practise practise to become much more proficient and polished in each new skill I have, to get to the standard that I am pursuing, but that might be just my personality. The fact I could only study part time (about 15-20hrs per week) might also mean feel I need to do more in my own time now.  You could easily give this course 40 hours plus per week with all the areas that it covers if you have the time and the desire to go deeper into it.  Overall, I highly recommend it and it does get you job ready if you are accountable and disciplined. I am now about to see what the job assistance process is like so as this stage I am assuming it also a good process based on the other areas of the course.
  • PRANITA GANDHI  User Photo
    PRANITA GANDHI • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Really good course - covers front end and back coding really well. Excellent 24/7 tutor support and supportive slack community.  Perhaps a Front-end Javascript framework like React or Node.JS could be included in the course curriculum to make students more employable.
  • Mariusz Brozda  User Photo
    Mariusz Brozda • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I highly recommend Code Institute! I learnt a lot of new things in short time. I'm able to built Web sites and apps on my own now! The course is well organised and also mentors, tutors, student care and CI staff is very helpfull and supportive!! I am really happy!
  • FRANK SIMPLICE MASABO  User Photo
    FRANK SIMPLICE MASABO • software developer • Student Verified via GitHub
    Pros:
    - Great instructors
    - Great staff who check on you often to make sure that you are enjoying and understanding the course
    - Change mentor if you are not happy or comfortable with other
    - Helping in job search (currently i have companies willing to work with me)
    - Online program is very structured and in-depth
    - Active tutors 24/24-7
    - Intense but rewarding curriculum
    - Friendly and disciplinary students
    - Active and helpful student community on slack

Cons:
    - They don't have market frontline courses like react and c#,c++..
    - Few projects

• Carina  User Photo
    Carina • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overall, it took me a year to finish the Code Institute bootcamp, which is much longer than I had anticipated.

I don't regret it at all, though, because the industry-ready projects I made allowed me to get a job before I was even finished. I successfully transitioned from a career in marketing to one in software development thanks to the course.

I now hold a position as a frontend developer at a nice company (established, mid-sized, higher salary than I ever made in marketing), so for me it has been absolutely worth it!

The course gives you a portfolio with which you are ready to apply for junior positions and gives support along the way. I never felt alone because even though it's all online you get regular checkups, a lively Slack community, online tutors available 24/7 to help with questions and debugging, and a dedicated mentor to help you with your projects. My mentor was a Google engineer who helped me out tons and went above and beyond to make sure I succeeded.

In general, I'm still of the opinion that it's entirely possible to get good enough at development to get a job entirely for free with the many free resources available on the internet. But, for people like me, who struggle without structure, direction, social contact and deadlines, it's absolutely worth it to invest in a course like Code Institute to get additional support in this transition. I never felt left alone, and the team at Code Institute was always there to help.

• Michael Brown  User Photo
    Michael Brown • Contractor • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I recently just finished the Full Stack Web Development course with Code Institute. They were absolutely brilliant. I cannot say enough good things about them -- their student care advisors and tutors in particular -- incredibly responsive and helpful. The course material was at a very good level and covers a lot. I went in having a fair bit of knowledge already, but came out knowing so much more.

They were also very patient with me as I struggled for a bit to find time to work through the course and milestone projects. A huge shout out to Neil Kavanagh for working with me.

• Isaac Woodruff  User Photo
    Isaac Woodruff • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I would highly recommend this course. The course offers highly relevant, tailored material. The lessons are high quality and easy to follow with a well designed progression track. The supports are brilliant.

You gain access to a large supportive community of other students, alumni, tutors, and mentors on Slack. This is an invaluable resource.

They pair you with industry experienced mentors that match your study schedule. If you're not happy with your mentor for any reason at all you can switch with no issue's.

They have a tutor support section with talented tutors that help you with specific programming problems. They reply very quickly so you won't have to wait long at all.

They have a supportive student care department that answers any questions you have. They also call a couple times throughout the course to see how the course is going and if there's anything you have questions about or feedback you have. They are constantly improving their services and use student feedback to direcly help with the changes.

They also have a careers advisor who helps you secure a job after the course.

I'm very impressed overall with the quality, management, and continuous improvement of this very interesting course. If you are serious about starting on your coding journey then start here!
  • Tapiwa Chipatiko  User Photo
    Tapiwa Chipatiko • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    From my personal experience i think code institute have a great product with material that will help you to learn faster. The mini projects and milestone projects help students to find solutions and make decisions which i think i great for anyone new to software dev. I improved a lot through the milestone projects. The material is great and also the support from tutors was 5 star. I remember reaching out for help around 10pm and getting assistance in solving bugs. The mentorship also was great it helped me a lot as a new developer to understand the ins and outs of handling projects.

the coarse can be improved i feel an javascript framework like ReactJS, Angular or Vue would make this course perfect, considering that there are 2 python frameworks already in Flask and Django it would be great to add that. Also i would recommend some class to be live to allow students to asking questions while the teacher is teaching which i think would benefit the students a lot.

Other than that this is a good coarse with great support which makes studying online a great experience