code-institute-logo

Code Institute

Code Institute

Code Institute is an online coding bootcamp offering a FullStack Software Development diploma. The Full Stack Software Development curriculum covers HTML, CSS, Python, Django, JavaScript, and competencies such as agile development and project management.

Code Institute equips students with remote working skills and also provides support services, such as 1:1 mentorship and career services, such as portfolio guidance and job interview preparation. Through Code Institute’s industry contacts and proprietary analytics platform, the Code Institute recruitment team can match a student's strengths and ambitions to an employer's needs. With 1000+ global hiring partners, Code Institute's graduates have been hired by tech companies such as Google, Apple, IBM, and Salesforce.

To apply, candidates can fill out an online form on the Code Institute website. Expect to receive a call from the Code Institute team within 24 hours. After the call, candidates will receive a notification about whether they have been accepted into the program.

Code Institute is credit-rated by the University of the West of Scotland and validated by the Higher Education Authority in Sweden, the Ministry of Communications in Singapore, and the Higher Education Authority in Ireland.

Recent Code Institute Reviews: Rating 4.36

all (88) reviews for Code Institute →

Recent Code Institute News

Read all (5) articles about Code Institute →
  • Diploma in Full Stack Software Development & Specializations

jQuery, Django, Agile, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Python
    The Diploma in Full-Stack Software Development with Specializations gives participants hands-on experience creating employer-ready web technologies. Our programme is 100% online delivery through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS). Content is Industry-Validated and University Credit-Rated and is suitable for beginners or those with an existing skill-set who wish to enhance their career prospects. Learners become Full Stack Software Developers through our university credit-rated programme. Then, to assist you further in successfully landing and progressing in your new career, we offer a choice of 3 specialist paths. * eCommerce * Predictive Analytics * Advanced Front End with React.js Course material is highly relevant, and you will develop the most in-demand skills that employers are looking for. 90% of graduates are hired within 6 months of completing and work for companies such as Accenture, Google, PayPal, and Microsoft. With 1000+ global hiring partners, their focus is to find you the right job and prepare you for interviews with 1:1 Career Support and Mentor sessions.
    Tuition PlansFinance & Payment Plans Available
    Minimum Skill LevelA basic level of coding knowledge is required.
    Prep WorkAll applicants must complete our free 5 Day Coding Challenge.
  • Free 5 Day Coding Challenge

JavaScript, HTML, CSS
    OnlinePart Time5 Hours/week1 Week
    Cost0
    Class size2000
    The 5 Day Challenge allows you to understand coding from both a theoretical and practical point of view. We do this through covering the three pillars of modern front end software development – HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Over the five days, you will receive online access to Code Institute’s world-class Learning Management System (LMS). The course content is structured around the concept of microlearning. Each day you’ll be given a new coding challenge to complete with supporting videos and detailed notes to aid you. You will need to set aside roughly 60 minutes per day (Evenings and Weekend if preferred) to complete each challenge. On completion of all challenges, you’ll learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. More importantly – you’ll find out if becoming a software developer is the next step for you. Start Date: Every Monday. Duration: 1 hour per day for 5 days.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required.
  • Anonymous • Applicant
    I gave them disclosures I was vulnerable yet they still gave me information encouraging me to take out loans to do their course with a completely unrealistic 'return upon investment' advice, including how I would earn roughly £31k as a junior developer. Even in London, without a proper degree and/or years of experience, you're not getting £31k from doing a course like Code Institute.

I thought quite well of them and was genuinely considering trying to financially position myself to complete the course but given the months of being hounded by their marketing department and asking questions, when I made it clear I knew I was being manipulated in bad faith they, funnily enough, just stopped responding. I did remove myself from the mailing list but they made no effort to correct my interpretation of their actions when I made it explicitly clear I didn't think they had my best interests at heart and, as such, found it difficult to believe I'd be efficiently taught any skills I would be required to have upon taking a job after completion.
  • Poor Quality
    - 6/26/2019

I belive the content should be more up-to-date, poor content at times, and it's a lot fo money invested for services that you can get for 10 pounds on Udemy. I strongly advise other people to stay away from any bootcamp and learn on their own.

• Stay Away
    - 10/8/2016
    Anonymous • Senior Manager • Student

Don't waste your money. I've completed the 12 week bootcamp and let me tell you you will need a lot more than this to secure a decent role in Coding with a reputable employer. I'd prefer to invest my money in an established University where I can gain global recognition.

Response From: Tiff of Code Institute
    Title: Community Manager
    Tuesday, Oct 18 2016
    Hi,

Thanks for your review. We appreciate all feedback which allows us to improve our programme and create a better experience for our students.

For the sake of clarity, Code Institute is accredited by Napier Edinburgh University. Successful students are awarded a "diploma in software development", the first of its kind in Europe. This is level 6 on the NFQ and it is globally recognised.

Taking on board that you are not entirely satisfied with your experience,  we would love to lend you our full support and find out some more specifics and help you achieve your course goals.

Please contact us on 01 5397973 or email studentcare@codeinstitute.net