code-institute-logo

Code Institute

Code Institute

Code Institute is an online coding bootcamp offering a FullStack Software Development diploma. The Full Stack Software Development curriculum covers HTML, CSS, Python, Django, JavaScript, and competencies such as agile development and project management.

Code Institute equips students with remote working skills and also provides support services, such as 1:1 mentorship and career services, such as portfolio guidance and job interview preparation. Through Code Institute’s industry contacts and proprietary analytics platform, the Code Institute recruitment team can match a student's strengths and ambitions to an employer's needs. With 1000+ global hiring partners, Code Institute's graduates have been hired by tech companies such as Google, Apple, IBM, and Salesforce.

To apply, candidates can fill out an online form on the Code Institute website. Expect to receive a call from the Code Institute team within 24 hours. After the call, candidates will receive a notification about whether they have been accepted into the program.

Code Institute is credit-rated by the University of the West of Scotland and validated by the Higher Education Authority in Sweden, the Ministry of Communications in Singapore, and the Higher Education Authority in Ireland.

Recent Code Institute Reviews: Rating 4.35

all (87) reviews for Code Institute →

Recent Code Institute News

Read all (5) articles about Code Institute →
  • Diploma in Full Stack Software Development & Specializations

jQuery, Django, Agile, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Python
    The Diploma in Full-Stack Software Development with Specializations gives participants hands-on experience creating employer-ready web technologies. Our programme is 100% online delivery through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS). Content is Industry-Validated and University Credit-Rated and is suitable for beginners or those with an existing skill-set who wish to enhance their career prospects. Learners become Full Stack Software Developers through our university credit-rated programme. Then, to assist you further in successfully landing and progressing in your new career, we offer a choice of 3 specialist paths. * eCommerce * Predictive Analytics * Advanced Front End with React.js Course material is highly relevant, and you will develop the most in-demand skills that employers are looking for. 90% of graduates are hired within 6 months of completing and work for companies such as Accenture, Google, PayPal, and Microsoft. With 1000+ global hiring partners, their focus is to find you the right job and prepare you for interviews with 1:1 Career Support and Mentor sessions.
    Tuition PlansFinance & Payment Plans Available
    Minimum Skill LevelA basic level of coding knowledge is required.
    Prep WorkAll applicants must complete our free 5 Day Coding Challenge.
  • Free 5 Day Coding Challenge

JavaScript, HTML, CSS
    OnlinePart Time5 Hours/week1 Week
    Cost0
    Class size2000
    The 5 Day Challenge allows you to understand coding from both a theoretical and practical point of view. We do this through covering the three pillars of modern front end software development – HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Over the five days, you will receive online access to Code Institute’s world-class Learning Management System (LMS). The course content is structured around the concept of microlearning. Each day you’ll be given a new coding challenge to complete with supporting videos and detailed notes to aid you. You will need to set aside roughly 60 minutes per day (Evenings and Weekend if preferred) to complete each challenge. On completion of all challenges, you’ll learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. More importantly – you’ll find out if becoming a software developer is the next step for you. Start Date: Every Monday. Duration: 1 hour per day for 5 days.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required.
  • Vabishya • Graduate
    You can learn all by yourself and become a competent developer. However, when you are just starting out with total unfamiliarity in the field, my experience is that it helps immensely to have some structure, guidance and support. The overall cost was expensive, but well worth it, given that you not only gain a skill but a university accredited diploma. Rest assured going through the course I will not have to spend a single penny to learn further in the area of web-development. Certainly, I don't have all the skills to jump into a career right away, and I don't think any boot-camp experience solely can make that happen. Nevertheless, with the skill I have gained from CI course I can now manage to learn further on my own with the available free resources in the internet. The tutor support are okay as the waiting time for support can sometime be frustrating if you are time-bounded. In-industry mentors are assigned to a student to provide guidance with the milestone projects. There is a slack community where you can ask/contribute and get help with course/coding related issues from other experienced students and community members. The lessons are updated and the available content are on par as a stepping stone to the real in-demand skills required in the field of Web development.
  • Karol • Planning Specialist • Graduate
    If you would like to change your career path this is the right course for you. I started my course almost two years ago and while learning it a lot happened in my life. People from CI Student Care were there for me all the time. When I have my back problems and I couldn't finish my projects on time.. there were also there for me when my personal life changed by 180 degrees... They are creating a great community of students, mentors, tutors, and Student Care team, and many many more. It's not only a normal online course where you learning how to make your first steps with coding. It is also a group of people that are here always for you to help, say a good word, and help you with anything you need.

Mentors? I had 3 different Mentors on my journey. USA, United Kingdom, they're from everywhere, believe me. They are not only mentors but after time, they are becoming friends. Giving you support when you need it, having fun during the online sessions always. As I mentioned earlier, they're people for people, not robots. Even, if this is programming, hehe.

Course material and information? Everything well prepared and presented on their online platform. Easy to use navigation, very intuitive. On Course you can find the text to read, videos with explanations and also great and funny games, tests to check what you have learned. You will start learning basics and then more and more and more, as more you will learn, the more you will understand and programming will become great fun! This course will open your mind and give you possibilities to push yourself to your limits you never knew.

After course I've opened my private company and my online store on one of the platforms. I never thought I will be able to do it. When I am looking into the past, I am laughing at myself I was scared of programming and I didn't start it earlier as I should.

I am strongly recommending the Course for everyone who wants to learn and understand programming.
  • Kervin • Graphic Designer • Graduate
    This course is an excellent introduction the to most used languages on the internet. It's divided in modules on the following main order: HTML, CSS, JavaScript and Python. Exercises and mock-up projects are well structure with videos and exercises.
    Excellent tutoring platform, they were always eager to help me in the most kind and understanding way, a big thank ye for that.
  • Sebastian
    Great course with support from Slack community (other students), tutor support, student care and a assigned mentor for you four milestone projects. You get to learn HTML, CSS, Javascript, Python as the main languages. Also frameworks, libraries and tools as Bootstrap, Materialize, jQuery, Flask, Django, Git, Github, MongoDB, MySQL, Heroku and much more.
    It's a lot to learn and many threshold along the way, butt it's worth it at the end! Good luck future students and never give up!
  • Sascha • Linguistic Data Curator • Graduate
    Online, part-time bootcamp helping you to become an independent full stack webdeveloper. Put in the time as is suggested at the start of the course and you will become a confident coder that can start a new career with an impressive portfolio. Student support is amazing, helping you through the tough moments. Yes, it can be tough and frustrating but well worth the effort in the end.
  • Software Developer
    - 11/24/2020
    Matthew Lister • Application Software Developer • Student
    I found the course to be extremely rewarding and very interesting. It was always kept relative and i was always learning something up to date. The Code Institute support team both on the coding side and office side were always helpful, guided me through some difficult moments. The whole experience was rewarding. I'd recommend Code Institute and their excellent course to anyone wanting to start in all aspects of Software Development.
  • You Can Do It
    - 11/17/2020
    Malia Havlicek • Software Developer • Graduate
    If you are a self-learner and happy to dig through stack overflow like a true developer then the self-paced full stack developer bootcamp from Code Institue is for you. The online videos lay a good foundation but the projects are where you prove yourself. Just like a real job, you have to dig for answers online and join chats with peers and mentors to come to one of the hundreds of solutions for success.

I'm very happy that I preserved through this course. It wasn't easy, but I learned a lot. It's helped me boost my confidence in my ability to learn new things and already paid for itself through advancing in my career.
  • Jonathan Williams • Graduate
    Throughout the Code Institute course I felt like I had regular and accessible support despite it all being online. I was happy to receive a check up phone call once a month to look into whether I had any problems that needed addressing and to make sure I was on track with my schedule. The online support team were amazing, very helpful and friendly, progress on my milestone projects would have ground to a halt at times if not for them. Biggest regret was not using them earlier. I feel like the syllabus covers a good deal of content to give me a comfortable grounding in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and Python, and I graduated the course with a portfolio of 4 site that I am very proud of. Since graduating I am in contact with the careers team who are very helpful in guiding my next steps.
  • Amazing experience
    - 9/14/2020
    Alessio Centamore • Student
    One of the great experience I never had, amazing content, legendary tutoring support.
    I definitely recommend this course with Code Institute to all those people who want to change their career in this exciting sector.
    Absolutely satisfy from this experience.
  • Stefan Brunotte • Graduate
    I give this course a five-star rating!

I stumbled across this course on a Facebook Add and the 5-day code challenge that you could take made me curious. I did the challenge and attended the free seminar that was held in Stockholm.
    I have not regretted enrolling and taking the leap into coding and Code Institute has given me a great experience.
    I started the course as a total novice and got a First Class Honor Diploma.
    This is my one-year story:
    When I contacted Code Institute they were very helpful and gave me all the information that I needed to feel comfortable enrolling and applying for a Swedish CSN loan to finance the course.
    Once up an rolling I was assigned a mentor and all my initial setup (slack, contacts, info etc). I started the course modules and followed along with the videos. When it was time for my first contact with my mentor I was very excited and was looking forward to this first step in my new programming career. However, I was very disappointed after speaking to my mentor so I contacted the Student care office and they were super helpful and listened to my thoughts and experience from my contact with my mentor. After a day or two I was assigned a new mentor and this time everything was great. My mentor (Marantha) was great, he gave me very good advice and really helped me on my path through my four projects. I would have never gotten the First Class Honors Diploma without the help from him. The mentoring part is really great and you get mentored by a professional developer that will guide you through your projects. We talked via Skype and shared screens so that he could see my code and make instant comments, this was very helpful.
    Apart from my mentor I also got fantastic help from the different tutors that are available in the modules. The tutors helped me when I was stuck on a part of a project and they hinted me to the solutions, which is much better than just getting the correct code.
    I also had great help from the Slack community in each module. I collaborated with other student and asked for help and also gave some small advice on problems that I had solved. There are several different channels that you can use and they are topic specific which made them very useful.
    Each module consisted of videos to follow along that showed you the specific topic to prepare you for the upcoming project that you coded at the end of each module.

What would have benefited me a lot was if there had been a Python beginners tutorial option that I could have used. A lot of the coding was done with Python and when I had completed the course I felt that I had to take a beginners course in Python. When I did this so many things cleared up for me. There was several things that I got working in the projects but I didn't have complete understanding of the code. I felt that this is fully understandable since I was a complete beginner when enrolling, but a beginners course in Python would have cut my time with several weeks.

The back office in Code Institute are great and they are very helpful and they are really trying their best to quickly answer your questions or solve a problem that you might have. I got some really good help to modify my LinkedIn profile and make it more appealing.

Overall I think that this is a great course and it gives you a very broad (but not so deep) knowledge base to stand on when you move into the development career! You also build four projects that you can show to new potential employers, I think this is so much more helpful than doing exams and getting a grade on the exam.

I give this course a five-star rating and I can really recommend it based on my personal experience throughout these 16 months it took me to complete the course.
  • Edna • Graduate
    Great material, the tutors and my mentor were very helpful at all the time. During this course I learned all the skills that I need to acquire a job as Developer.
  • James • Student
    This course is such a waste of money and I would urge people to look elsewhere. For example  www.skillcrush.com is similar and much cheaper. Also another one here on Udacity https://www.udacity.com/course/full-stack-web-developer-nanodegree--nd0044
    Each module in Code Institute is very basic and the quizzes afterwards have nothing to do with what you have learnt. The response from "customer care" is that you need to learn how to search for answers. So in essence, you pay thousands of euros to learn how to google.
    They say there is 24 hour support but that is just slack. There are so many people asking questions that you get drowned out by the despair of other users who also realised they have also wasted their money.
    All videos are created using Cloud9 but you have to use Gitpod which is very different.
    There are errors in the videos. There are spelling mistakes. I could go on but it's depressing.