Code Institute equips students with remote working skills and also provides support services, such as 1:1 mentorship and career services, such as portfolio guidance and job interview preparation. Through Code Institute’s industry contacts and proprietary analytics platform, the Code Institute recruitment team can match a student's strengths and ambitions to an employer's needs. With 1000+ global hiring partners, Code Institute's graduates have been hired by tech companies such as Google, Apple, IBM, and Salesforce.
To apply, candidates can fill out an online form on the Code Institute website. Expect to receive a call from the Code Institute team within 24 hours. After the call, candidates will receive a notification about whether they have been accepted into the program.
Code Institute is credit-rated by the University of the West of Scotland and validated by the Higher Education Authority in Sweden, the Ministry of Communications in Singapore, and the Higher Education Authority in Ireland.
Recent Code Institute Reviews: Rating 4.35
Recent Code Institute News
- April 2020 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- May 2018 Coding Bootcamp News + Podcast
- April 2018 Coding Bootcamp News Podcast
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost €6,950 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe Diploma in Full-Stack Software Development with Specializations gives participants hands-on experience creating employer-ready web technologies. Our programme is 100% online delivery through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS). Content is Industry-Validated and University Credit-Rated and is suitable for beginners or those with an existing skill-set who wish to enhance their career prospects. Learners become Full Stack Software Developers through our university credit-rated programme. Then, to assist you further in successfully landing and progressing in your new career, we offer a choice of 3 specialist paths. * eCommerce * Predictive Analytics * Advanced Front End with React.js Course material is highly relevant, and you will develop the most in-demand skills that employers are looking for. 90% of graduates are hired within 6 months of completing and work for companies such as Accenture, Google, PayPal, and Microsoft. With 1000+ global hiring partners, their focus is to find you the right job and prepare you for interviews with 1:1 Career Support and Mentor sessions.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Finance & Payment Plans Available
Minimum Skill Level No experience required. Placement Test No Interview No
Code Institute Reviews
87 reviews sorted by:
- Mduduzi Ndhlovu • Campus: Dublin • Verified via LinkedInWould surely recommend Code Institute to kick start your career in software development. Extensive support through out the course, to assit with learning challenges. The flexibility in terms of study hours, perfect if you have a day job and working to change career path. I would book tutor sessions as late as 10 to 11pm and Guido would be happy to help, bless his soul. I truly enjoyed the backend side of development, building an api from the ground up and seeing your logic come to life.
- Full Stack Diploma- 3/23/2020Kitty McDonagh • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros:
The course is done online, which means you can do it from home and in your own time. There is a supportive community available via Slack - comprising of other students, tutors, and mentors. The course itself includes text lessons and videos. The videos demonstrate how to use the language and provide mini projects you can set up yourself as you follow along. There are 4 Milestone projects that you have to complete, and the real learning happens while you are working on these. As mentioned above, there's plenty of support to help you get over the rough spots and reach your goal. Most importantly the Code Institute values feedback from students and continuously works to improve its course content.
Students are kept informed of Events that may be of help to them and are given Career Support as they strive to find roles to match their new skills.
- Diploma in Software Development- 3/14/2020Miguel Martinez • Junior Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: Dublin • Verified via LinkedInThe Course was focused in teaching the most relevant curriculum at a pace that both made you learn and challenged you ensuring you get the most benefit out of it. As the curriculum, the instructors were top class always helpful and knew how to teach. Additionally and quite importantly I may add, the after care support I find un-rivaled. All in all Code institute is invested in your future success as a software developer.
- Full Stack Software Development- 3/13/2020Zac • Front-End Developer • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAfter leaving a career in the Merchant Navy I found the Code Institute online and began researching careers in Software, from there I did the 5-day challenge and attended an open day here in Cork, after the open night I knew it was something I would pursue.
Since starting in June the level of support received from the institute has been outstanding, the online Slack community of students, alumni and mentors is full of people waiting to help, the tutor support has been simply outstanding and the Student Care team is world-class. Coming to the end of the course I started applying for various roles and had help from Jane, the Director of Employer Engagement in the institute, where under her guidance I was able to secure a job starting in the new year, and I hadn't even finished the course yet! I've been in my new job now for 3 months and I love it. Jane's expertise was second to none and without her, the Code Institute and all its support I wouldn't have been able to secure what I can only describe as a perfect fit for me in a new role!
If anybody is considering undertaking this course, I can only say "DO IT". It's an amazing course that not only teaches you an array of new skills but lets you take your past experiences/interests and hobbies and put them into projects that will essentially get you that job you're after!
15/10 would recommend.
Thank you to the Code Institute again!
- Hackathons!!- 9/20/2021Abi Harrison • UI Developer • Student • Course: Full-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: OnlineI'm currently nearing the end of my studies with Code Institute, and it's been an incredible journey! I'd never written a line of code in my life, and less than a year later, I'm working as a full time developer! The Hackathons are absolutely invaluable, I highly recommend them! They always have fantastic themes (including one where we were tasked to build a retro game), and you learn so much from doing them. Each team has a mix of abilities, so there's always something new to learn, either from more experienced teammates, or from teaching those who are less experienced. Honestly, I can't recommend it enough!!
- Diploma in Full Stack Software Development- 9/20/2021Vincent • Student • Course: Diploma in Full Stack Software Development & Specializations • Campus: OnlineThis is a flexible online coding bootcamp that allows career changers to get a university level qualification at the same time as building a large portfolio, getting agile development experience and guarantee job interviews with nearly 1,500 hiring partners. They also provide amazing support 24/7 and really helped me network with other developers. Most recently I took part in a Code Institute Hackathon which was in partnership with a large global tech recruitment company and had judges from lots of big name companies too. To get to work with various levels of professional developers really helped me develop professional development skills while on the course.
- Full Stack Diploma- 8/12/2021Aideen • Student • Course: Diploma in Full Stack Software Development & Specializations • Campus: OnlineCode Institute offers students the opportunity to learn code but also work on their own initiative in order to prepare students for the workplace. The slack community is an incredible community that offers help from students and alumni alike. The course material is constantly being enhanced and the course developers are really dedicated to maximising every student's learning opportunity. Another great aspect of this course is its hackathons which allow students to develop a project as part of a team and get some real collaborative developing experience under the guidance of an industry professional. The hackathons are a great learning opportunity because they present students with knowledge and skills beyond the course content and also give students a real feel for a working development environment.
- Amazing Structure.- 8/12/2021Ruairidh MacArthur • Student • Course: Diploma in Full Stack Software Development & Specializations • Campus: OnlineThe course is really well structured and the fact the whole course content is available from day 1 is amazing. I have been able to progress through the course very fast and had nothing holding me back. The 1 to 1 mentor sessions for your projects are great. The mentor I have been given is amazing and is very clear when helping me with issues. The community within Code Institute is very large and busy, the slack is full of amazing people and content. The monthly hackathons are amazing! each one is very different and Interesting, I have been learning a great deal from my peers during these events.
- Retro Gaming Hackathon- 8/12/2021Jack Conroy • Student • Campus: OnlineAfter only recently joining the course I decided to jump into my first ever hackathon! I got to experience what it's like to work in a team and plan out an entire project from scratch. This experience allowed me to better my skills as a developer by learning from other team members throughout the whole development process!
- Great Learning Experience!- 8/12/2021Athiei • Student • Course: Diploma in Full Stack Software Development & Specializations • Campus: OnlineI began learning in Code Institute's software development program in early 2021. It has been thorough and enlightening. I did not have much experience with coding before. In just a few short months, I'm able to create interesting websites with HTML, CSS3, and JS. I get to learn about multiple coding languages and if ever there are complications, I have great support. Along with the projects and study, we can partake in different Hackathons throughout the year.
If you want to learn more about software development and coding languages, I would highly recommend this course. Even if you start with minimal knowledge, the materials are so understandable that you can complete it.
- Would never recommend to anyone- 6/11/2021Anastasiia • Student • Course: Diploma in Full Stack Software Development & Specializations • Campus: OnlineThe only positive thing they have is the tutors that are helpful and responsive.
The rest was handled terribly. This whole move from AWS to GitPod made me lose the project I almost finished. They could do nothing to restore it and eventually they just ignored this issue. In the beginning of my course, so that I was already frustrating.
Following this, it has been 3 months since I submitted my final assignment, I heard no response on it and still no certificate.
I contacted student care hoping this would get resolved and the issue is still not resolved by the deadline they gave me and no response to my email inquiries.
I am at a loss of words about what a waste of money this course is. Especially considering how expensive it is. I regret wasting my own money and would never recommend this course to anyone.
Response From: Code Institute of Code InstituteTitle: Student CareTuesday, Jul 27 2021Hi,As you know, software development is ever-changing, and one of the biggest challenges that industries face is staying up to date with the latest developments in tech. When we became aware that Cloud 9 was going away, we informed our students well in advance. We also advised our students to move their code to a new GitPod workspace. Students were also advised to keep their code up to date in GitHub.The responsibility was on students to do this, and if this was not done, we could not help after Amazon had deleted it.While we do not know your identity, the information in your review resonates with a case we have worked on. In this case, we identified a once-off issue with our own assessment process. The subsequent investigation of our assessment issue resulted in a delay in that student getting their results, and for this, we apologise.The student has now received their Diploma and transcript and their email was followed up as soon as possible after the aforementioned internal review.Kind Regards,The Code Institute Team
- Great Experience- 3/29/2021Mohamed Hashim • Graduate • Course: Diploma in Full Stack Software Development & Specializations • Campus: OnlineI just received my certificate after a year of coding and studying. I know that they are a lot of coding tutorials and courses everywhere ... but the support, projects, and mentoring programs in Code Institute are the reason I can call myself a software developer...
Not only that but the career support team are doing a great job as well to prepare students for the tech market.
I highly recommend Code Institute for anyone wanna learn software development.