To apply, candidates can fill out an online form on the Code Institute website. Expect to receive a call from the Code Institute team within 24 hours. After the call, candidates will receive a notification about whether they have been accepted into the program.
Code Institute is a university credit-rated bootcamp in Europe, and validated by the Ministry of Education in Ontario, the Higher Education Authority in Sweden, the Ministry of Communications in Singapore, and the Higher Education Authority in Ireland. Graduates can also earn university credit rated by Edinburgh Napier University. Code Institute graduates have been hired by tech companies like Accenture, Paypal, and Salesforce.
Recent Code Institute Reviews: Rating 4.39
Recent Code Institute News
- April 2020 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- May 2018 Coding Bootcamp News + Podcast
- April 2018 Coding Bootcamp News Podcast
Minimum Skill Level No experience required. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost €5,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineOur 9-module programme is delivered through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS). Our support pillars will guide you through these modules and throughout, you will be building your portfolio of four milestone projects. These milestone projects are what your results are based on, and they are what makes your portfolio. Ultimately, they will help you change your career. On successful completion, you will be a qualified software developer within 12 months and in a position to apply for a developer role. This is made easier for students with the assistance of our world-class support from our student care, mentors, tutors, facilitators, and professional software developers. Code Institute’s Part-Time Software Development learning track was created to combine the best features of the classroom and online experiences. This is the fastest way to become qualified and change career to software development. This full stack software development programme provides part-time students with tailored support and a team-learning environment - all with a view to help students push forward and graduate in less than 1 year. Students receive access to world-class support to make their learning journey as effective and satisfying as possible. This includes daily check-in’s, tutoring, mentoring sessions, along with access to community engagement channels such as Slack.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment Plans Available
Minimum Skill Level A basic level of coding knowledge is required. Prep Work All applicants must complete our free 5 Day Coding Challenge. Placement Test No Interview Yes
Code Institute Reviews
56 reviews sorted by:
It's a lot to learn and many threshold along the way, butt it's worth it at the end! Good luck future students and never give up!
- Full Stack Web Developer- 11/24/2020Sascha • Linguistic Data Curator • Graduate • Course: Part-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: OnlineOnline, part-time bootcamp helping you to become an independent full stack webdeveloper. Put in the time as is suggested at the start of the course and you will become a confident coder that can start a new career with an impressive portfolio. Student support is amazing, helping you through the tough moments. Yes, it can be tough and frustrating but well worth the effort in the end.
- Software Developer- 11/24/2020Matthew Lister • Application Software Developer • Student • Course: Full-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: OnlineI found the course to be extremely rewarding and very interesting. It was always kept relative and i was always learning something up to date. The Code Institute support team both on the coding side and office side were always helpful, guided me through some difficult moments. The whole experience was rewarding. I'd recommend Code Institute and their excellent course to anyone wanting to start in all aspects of Software Development.
- You Can Do It- 11/17/2020Malia Havlicek • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Part-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: OnlineIf you are a self-learner and happy to dig through stack overflow like a true developer then the self-paced full stack developer bootcamp from Code Institue is for you. The online videos lay a good foundation but the projects are where you prove yourself. Just like a real job, you have to dig for answers online and join chats with peers and mentors to come to one of the hundreds of solutions for success.
I'm very happy that I preserved through this course. It wasn't easy, but I learned a lot. It's helped me boost my confidence in my ability to learn new things and already paid for itself through advancing in my career.
- Amazing experience- 9/14/2020Alessio Centamore • Student • Course: Full-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: OnlineOne of the great experience I never had, amazing content, legendary tutoring support.
I definitely recommend this course with Code Institute to all those people who want to change their career in this exciting sector.
Absolutely satisfy from this experience.
- Full Stack Web Developer- 7/31/2020Stefan Brunotte • Graduate • Course: Part-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: OnlineI give this course a five-star rating!
I stumbled across this course on a Facebook Add and the 5-day code challenge that you could take made me curious. I did the challenge and attended the free seminar that was held in Stockholm.
I have not regretted enrolling and taking the leap into coding and Code Institute has given me a great experience.
I started the course as a total novice and got a First Class Honor Diploma.
This is my one-year story:
When I contacted Code Institute they were very helpful and gave me all the information that I needed to feel comfortable enrolling and applying for a Swedish CSN loan to finance the course.
Once up an rolling I was assigned a mentor and all my initial setup (slack, contacts, info etc). I started the course modules and followed along with the videos. When it was time for my first contact with my mentor I was very excited and was looking forward to this first step in my new programming career. However, I was very disappointed after speaking to my mentor so I contacted the Student care office and they were super helpful and listened to my thoughts and experience from my contact with my mentor. After a day or two I was assigned a new mentor and this time everything was great. My mentor (Marantha) was great, he gave me very good advice and really helped me on my path through my four projects. I would have never gotten the First Class Honors Diploma without the help from him. The mentoring part is really great and you get mentored by a professional developer that will guide you through your projects. We talked via Skype and shared screens so that he could see my code and make instant comments, this was very helpful.
Apart from my mentor I also got fantastic help from the different tutors that are available in the modules. The tutors helped me when I was stuck on a part of a project and they hinted me to the solutions, which is much better than just getting the correct code.
I also had great help from the Slack community in each module. I collaborated with other student and asked for help and also gave some small advice on problems that I had solved. There are several different channels that you can use and they are topic specific which made them very useful.
Each module consisted of videos to follow along that showed you the specific topic to prepare you for the upcoming project that you coded at the end of each module.
What would have benefited me a lot was if there had been a Python beginners tutorial option that I could have used. A lot of the coding was done with Python and when I had completed the course I felt that I had to take a beginners course in Python. When I did this so many things cleared up for me. There was several things that I got working in the projects but I didn't have complete understanding of the code. I felt that this is fully understandable since I was a complete beginner when enrolling, but a beginners course in Python would have cut my time with several weeks.
The back office in Code Institute are great and they are very helpful and they are really trying their best to quickly answer your questions or solve a problem that you might have. I got some really good help to modify my LinkedIn profile and make it more appealing.
Overall I think that this is a great course and it gives you a very broad (but not so deep) knowledge base to stand on when you move into the development career! You also build four projects that you can show to new potential employers, I think this is so much more helpful than doing exams and getting a grade on the exam.
I give this course a five-star rating and I can really recommend it based on my personal experience throughout these 16 months it took me to complete the course.
- Software Development- 7/15/2020Edna • Graduate • Course: Full-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: Online
- Full Stack Developer- 6/23/2020James • Student • Course: Part-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: OnlineThis course is such a waste of money and I would urge people to look elsewhere. For example www.skillcrush.com is similar and much cheaper. Also another one here on Udacity https://www.udacity.com/course/full-stack-web-developer-nanodegree--nd0044
Each module in Code Institute is very basic and the quizzes afterwards have nothing to do with what you have learnt. The response from "customer care" is that you need to learn how to search for answers. So in essence, you pay thousands of euros to learn how to google.
They say there is 24 hour support but that is just slack. There are so many people asking questions that you get drowned out by the despair of other users who also realised they have also wasted their money.
All videos are created using Cloud9 but you have to use Gitpod which is very different.
There are errors in the videos. There are spelling mistakes. I could go on but it's depressing.
- Diploma in Full Stack Software Development- 6/15/2020Elaine Archbold • Graduate • Course: Part-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: Online
- Full Stack Course In Software Development- 6/12/2020Charlie Jeffries-Tipton • Graduate • Campus: OnlineFor the past 18 months, I took part in the Full Stack Software Development Course with Code Institute. Now that I've finished, I can honestly say that it was the best decision I ever made. Code Institute has a friendly team who genuinely care about their students & are willing to take the time to get the best out of them. The course material is extensive & are continuously adding & updating. The tutor assistance has been excellent & are willing to take the time to make sure that you not only get the right outcome to a problem but that you understand exactly what it means. My mentor Spencer was absolutely brilliant & was always there even in his own time to make sure I was getting the most out of my potential. Slack has been an excellent platform for asking questions as people are willing to help every step of the way. Also after the course, they have a career's assistance team who will help with things such as CV's, interview questions & also take your preferences into consideration.
For anybody seeking a new career in Software Development to have you ready to take the next step, I can't recommend this course enough. Yes, it's challenging but people are there to help you every step of the way.
- Not a great place- 4/21/2020Darragh • Applicant • Course: Full-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: OnlineDid this full time. Not worth the money. I was very unhappy with my final grade but they just shrugged their shoulders. Also a lot of their content was outdated. Also a lot you have to research yourself and if you wanted to ask a tutor with a problem, they dont answer anything but they speak in riddles sometimes to get you to think. I dont think it was adapted properly to someone who has never done coding before. All very well if you have some level of experience or doing it through work. Some of the tutors were nice. I got some basic understanding from the course but I would think twice before pursuing it. If company is paying for it etc then by all means but sorry it didn't live up to my expectations whatsoever.