austin-coding-academy-logo

Austin Coding Academy

Austin

Austin Coding Academy

Austin Coding Academy is a 9-month part-time programming school in Austin, Texas teaching courses in Full Stack JavaScript, C#/.NET, and UX/Freelance. The school teaches a research-based curriculum delivered by professional developers working in the industry, with a mission is to make careers in technology accessible to everyone. Austin Coding Academy’s Full Stack Web Development tracks are broken into Intro, Intermediate, and Advanced courses with separate student outcomes for each track. Students meet twice weekly in the evenings and will have homework and study material assigned between classes. All courses are challenging and project-based.

Full Stack JavaScript graduates build full stack web applications utilizing React/Redux, Express, MongoDB, and Node. Austin Coding Academy JavaScript graduates work at companies like Verizon, Walmart, and Austin Startups.

C# / .NET graduates will be trained in the Microsoft Stack including C#, Object-Oriented Programming, the .NET framework, and Visual Studio along with all its tools. Students build SQL databases with the Entity Framework and learn HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to perfect the front end. ACA C# .NET graduates work at companies like Frost Bank and military defense contractors.

UX/Freelance graduates learn HTML, CSS, Flexbox, CSS Grid, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass. Students explore the Principles of Design to build mock-ups and sitemaps, and learn how to find and build relationships with clients, construct personas, and customer journey maps, and more. Many graduates from this program earn their living as Freelance Web and UX Designers.

Recent Austin Coding Academy Reviews: Rating 4.76

all (25) reviews for Austin Coding Academy →

Recent Austin Coding Academy News

• Full Stack JavaScript Track

CSS, Express.js, Git, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js
    LocationAustin
    Our Full Stack JavaScript Track is one of two full stack sequences offered at Austin Coding Academy. Classes meet twice per week from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. (M/W or Tu/Th), and students are expected to spend 10 – 15 additional hours/week coding on their own or taking advantage of unlimited tutoring sessions. The total length of the track is 36 weeks, broken down: -Web 101 (8 weeks) -JavaScript 211 (8 weeks) -JavaScript 311 (8 weeks) -JavaScript 411 (8 weeks) -Job Placement Course (4 weeks) At the end of the program, students will be able to deploy a functioning Full Stack JavaScript application and will have received job readiness training covering everything from building a resume to mock technical interviews.
    DepositA $490 deposit is required to reserve your seat and gain access to your textbook
    Full tuition available through our partner Ascent Funding
    Tuition PlansGive us a call at (512) 827-8498 to discuss our flexible tuition options
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous coding experience required.
    Prep WorkAfter enrolling in class you will be required to complete pre-work in your inline textbook
  • WordPress Fundamentals

CSS, Design, Front End, HTML, Linux, Sales, SEO, User Experience Design, Wordpress
    LocationAustin
    Austin Coding Academy's 10-week WordPress Development Track is part of a unique collaboration between Austin Coding Academy and WP Engine, the global leader in WordPress hosting. During this track, students will dive into WordPress development and design, developing a strong understanding of the foundations of WordPress. In addition to learning technical WordPress skills, students will also develop customer support skills and be offered a guaranteed interview with WP Engine for the position of Technical Support Specialist. This full-time role is a part of WP Engine's Customer Experience team and is responsible for providing WordPress support to WP Engine clients. In addition to working for a premier tech company based here in Austin, this role provides a competitive salary, full medical insurance, opportunities for upward mobility, and many other employment perks.
    Financing available through Ascent Funding
    Tuition PlansWe offer a payment plan option for a $60 payment plan processing fee, bringing the total price of the course to $2,050
    Minimum Skill LevelNone.
    Prep WorkYes. Provided after admittance.
  • hack
    - 11/8/2021
    Anita  User Photo
    Anita • hack • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    We got different intents coming here to search for an app to track our partner or friends so it's advisable to know the truth and not fall prey to the evil ones. I have been in a long distance marriage because of the nature of my job, my husband cheated on me times without number but since I wasn't around to get him caught red handed in the act I decided to hack his cell phone to get all the data activities on his device. I got in contact with  hack4wise @gmail com through the head of the IT department in my workplace. According to him, after a long search on here he got to discover this genius and swift IT personnel, this guy is the best in the game right now. He shared me his contact info, After I got in contact with him, we made a deal and i paid him. I doubted the services at first but what I felt impossible became possible within 6hours,I got access to my husband's phone activities,I don't know how he did it but it looked like magic cause it was as if I had his phone in my palm. I got access to his Snapchat messages and videos, WhatsApp,instagram,Facebook,call logs ,video chat , text messages etc all in one swipe. I'm happy I got to discover the truth, knowing is better than self doubt. He is definitely the real deal, do not hesitate to reach out to him at  hack4wise @gmail com  for a perfect, quality and satisfactory spying and investigatory services.
  • Tommy Hampton  User Photo
    Tommy Hampton Verified via GitHub
    By now I am sure you have already read reviews about the quality of the teachers and the curriculum. I can confirm they are both outstanding. However what I want to share to about the location, the downtown Austin location to be exact.
    You see I was fortunate enough to have section 101 in person before the 2020 pandemic hit and we switched to online. It was truly a developers paradise.
    The downtown location is inside the Capital Factory portion of the Omni Hotel. I believe they owned 2 or 3 floors. The main floor where the classes were held was by far the most impressive.
    Upon entering I was met with a Star Wars themed layout, with different decorations, a Han Solo in Carbonite walkway rug, TIE fighters hanging from the ceiling, etc.
    And the view...was...breathtaking. In particular at night, when gazing at the city of Austin lit up down below. This floor was also fully equipped with multiple lounge areas featuring couches, tables, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, and even a tap. After my initial tour, the tour guide and I actually went back up and he poured me a beer from the tap. We talked while I watched developers nestled up in couches typing away on their laptops.
    Also during my classes, there was construction going on as they were adding on more to an already impressive floor. ACA really put's their heart and soul into the downtown location.
  • Abby Gottlich  User Photo
    Abby Gottlich • Associate Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I'm so incredibly happy I chose Austin Coding Academy for several reasons. The staff is awesome. They are very personable and the class sizes are pretty small, so your teachers know who you are, your strengths, and what you need help with. They are up-to-date on all of the latest technologies. I had an internship during my time at ACA and there were some new things that I had learned in class that the senior developers at the company had not even learned yet. Class times are optimal. They don't have any courses (that I know of) that meet during regular business hours, so it's very manageable if you also work a full-time job. ACA also prepares you for your job search. They have an extra job placement course at the end of all of your coding courses that preps you for interviews and helps you get your portfolio site/LinkedIn/Resume looking good for employers. Finally, the curriculum is very challenging, but this is a good thing! You REALLY get what you pay for. I HIGHLY recommend ACA to anyone interested in starting a career in technology!

• Ronald Hajewski  User Photo
    Ronald Hajewski • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I am a recent graduate of ACA's Full-Stack Web Development bootcamp. I learned essential skills to build web applications, design websites and most importantly - how to find work. I am now one week into my new job as a web developer.

If you're thinking about becoming a developer but not sure where to start, I recommend contacting ACA to sit in a few classes and see if it's right for you.

• Cynthia Williams  User Photo
    Cynthia Williams • Junior Software Engineer Verified via GitHub

One year ago I was doing the same research as anyone reading this review.  The questions I wanted answers to were: Can I do this?  Is the investment worth it?  Can I get a job after this program?  The answer to all three is yes!  As a recent graduate who has landed my first job in the field,  I would make the exact same choice again with Austin Coding Academy. I am a career-changer who after years of job hopping was tired of not feeling fulfilled with my career choices.  With the help and unwavering support of everyone on the ACA team, I now feel prepared to begin my new career.  ACA provides all the tools anyone could possibly need to be successful in the program. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure students have every opportunity for success.  Great teachers, great staff, solid curriculum, a sense of community, tutors for assistance outside of class, and help to find a job.  What more could you ask for?  ACA provides everything needed to acquire the skills necessary to move into a career as a developer.

• Darwin Risser • Software Support Analyst • Graduate

If you are serious about changing careers, Austin Coding Academy will get you there. With the help of the fantastic teachers and other faculty at ACA, you WILL achieve your goals if you work hard and stay committed. This is not an easy program and you shouldn't expect to be successful if you aren't willing to work hard, sacrifice lots of free time, and struggle along the way, but if you commit to the program and follow the advice of the people trying to help you get a job, it WILL happen. I graduated at the end of April and had two job offers by mid June. All it takes is the right mindset and work ethic and you can do the same.

• Katie Macaulay • Web Developer/ Manager • Graduate

Austin Coding Academy is one of the most unique and wonderful education experiences I have had in my life. Before I started ACA I was a teacher for 9 years, and my mission was to (and still is) to express my deep loving commitment towards my student's success and advocate for their voice in the community and choices the school makes for them. Austin Coding Academy breaks the barrier between students, instructors, administration and the larger community to insure that students who take the effort to attend classes and commit to learning (even if they might not know how), are successful in finding a new career. Of those who graduated, all are finding new opportunities that are exciting and challenging to them in the Web Development World and getting paid well to do it! Most of my peers have become my greatest support and closest friends. ACA offers continuous support to students after graduation to help students from networking to interview advice, and has helped me create great connections. To sum it up: ACA builds community, grows and evolves with quickly changing Tech, and commits to helping each student be successful.

• Laurie Hansson • Developer • Graduate

Attending ACA opened a lot of new doors for me. I was trying to break out of a series of dead end jobs and pursue something more. Development was a foreign subject to me, but I had a passion for designing and discovered that so much of coding is just as creative as it is technical. I learned the fundamentals of web design through the introductory course, and after pursuing internships & community events, I was able to utilize the knowledge gained through ACA to pursue my dream career before graduating. I highly reccomend this school.

• Greg Swan • Web Developer • Graduate

I took Austin Coding Academy's JavaScript Full Stack course. I began the course in January of 2017 and graduated the following December and could not be happier with their program.

The curriculum is constanly changing to keep up with the fast pace of the industry. As a developer, It's critical to keep up with new web development trends and technologies. ACA did such a great job of helpping me hit the ground running by teaching the same tech I'm now working with on a daily basis.

I cannot say enough about the quality of this program because I would not be where I am today without it. After graduating the program, the staff at ACA really worked hard to help me land my first development job. I've been in that job for almost nine months now and couldn't be happier. I would reccomend this bootcamp to anyone looking to learn the foundation of modern web development— ACA is good people!

• Aubrey L. • Account Manager • Student

Great teachers & all around staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed! I am taking the Full-stack Javascript route and loving every bit of Austin Coding Academy. TA's, tutors, and the instructors and there to help you every bit of the way. 10/10 would recommend if you are dedicated to learning technical skills!

• Mehmet • Software Developer • Graduate

If you are looking for dedicated people who are passionate about teaching  programming and assisting you in every way, ACA is the right place for you...They will give you the right tools and show you the way to become a good developer. You’ll still be putting all the effort but the experienced instructors will always be there when you need them. When I got my first programming job, I was very grateful for Austin Coding Academy who connected me with right people. Thanks to ACA, I now work as a software developer, love my job, and do amazing things with ambitious  people.