Alterra Academy candidates go through two assessments after applying to a program. A logic test is administered first. Questions include anything from math problems to business scenario problems. Candidates are then interviewed to make sure they are well-rounded and have tech-awareness.
Students are given free admission to either program. All bootcamp graduates are recruited as full-time employees at Alterra Academy. Students have access to a mentor throughout the program. A meal stipend is granted to all students. Any students located outside Malang are also given travel and housing stipends.
Recent Alterra Academy Reviews: Rating 4.95
Recent Alterra Academy News
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size 10 Location MalangThe program allows one to be well versed in BackEnd programming "Go Programming Language".
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
In PersonFull Time12 Weeks
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size 10 Location MalangThe Quality Engineer program is a full-time program that lasts two months long. Students learn skills such as Java programming, software testing fundamentals, agile testing methodology, mobile app testing using JUnit, and Scrum.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
Alterra Academy Reviews
22 reviews sorted by:
- My Arduous Journey at Alterra Academy- 5/19/2020Agatha Rachmadika • Data Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full-stack Engineer Program • Campus: MalangNearly a year ago I began attending the full-stack engineer program at Alterra Academy. Initially I joined this program because it was as simple as its place in Malang, near my hometown and the atmosphere of Malang was very pleasant for me. The study schedule was Monday-Friday so I though always go home on weekends, but the reality was not that nice. Each student was lent a laptop to be used for approximately 3 months of the program. My college background in mathematics and in lectures already know a little about logic and the introduction of programming languages. Phase I at Alterra Academy is highly required to understand logic, python, introduction to HTML, SQL and not only that we are also trained in soft skills. A live code is held to measure our ability every week and if the ability is assessed below the standard, it can be eliminated. In addition to the live code, we given a challenge task. every day. I had felt left behind so often slept in the office and continued to study at weekends. Gradually, that pattern became a habit in my life and continued to Phase II and III until I finally graduated in September 2019. Now when I remember the experience at Alterra Academy I feel proud to have completed a full-stack engineer program, with a little logic and programming language in the beginning, when I graduated can make some software and also this program makes my mentality become more fighting in the face of difficulties. An arduous but very enjoyable experience ever!
- Fatma Janna • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full-stack Engineer Program • Campus: Malang
Never in my life, I imagined myself working as a software engineer. Though I was always curious about how people can build solutions to problems through technology and by making a great impact on society. My background was not IT or any computer science course, however, Alterra Academy had allowed me to study everything required to become a well-qualified software engineer. It was an intensive, fulfilling, full of knowledge and experiences of learning that consists of in-class study, group project, live code as well as a final project that allowed me to realize the craziest idea I've ever had into a software application that people can use.
I will highly recommend Alterra Academy to all of you who's always curious, hungry and willing to learn about IT stuffs.
- Great Experience at Alterra Academy- 1/17/2020Shela Y S • Quality Engineer • Graduate
- Best Academy that i ever experience- 1/17/2020Aflahi • Quality Engineer • Graduate • Course: Quality Engineer Program • Campus: Malang
- Best Tech Academy- 1/17/2020Karyadi • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full-stack Engineer Program • Campus: Malang
For me studying at the Alterra Academy was extraordinary. Lots of tech knowledge that I got here. Alterra Academy really helped me become a software engineer.
Alterra Academy has a comfortable environment for learning coding. The curriculum is relevant to today's tech environment. And the mentor is also experienced.
- The best place to learn about programming- 1/17/2020Farras • Quality Engineer • Graduate • Course: Quality Engineer Program • Campus: Malang
- Best Place for Beginner- 1/17/2020Nova • Quality Engineer • Graduate • Course: Quality Engineer Program • Campus: Malang
- Much. Arafat Almubarok • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full-stack Engineer Program • Campus: Malang
While studying at Alterra Academy I gained a lot of new knowledge from experienced mentors, of course. In this bootcamp I learned a lot about new technology that I had never learned before. Get free knowledge and still give pocket money, who doesn't want to try it .. hahahaha
- Most Recommended Bootcamp- 1/17/2020Ahmad Yusqie Mafaza • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full-stack Engineer Program • Campus: Malang
As an IT graduate student, I feel that the curriculum on campus has not been able to keep up with IT's rapid development. In my opinion, the Bootcamp program organized by Alterra Academy is able to solve this problem. Not only completes knowledge gained from campus, but also provides opportunities for people who do not have an IT background to become an IT Developer. With mentors taken directly from the company, I think the knowledge taught will be up to date and in accordance with current industry needs.
- Best Place to Learn Tech for non-Tech background- 1/17/2020Dini N • Quality Engineer • Graduate • Course: Quality Engineer Program • Campus: Malang
- Best Place to Learn Programming- 1/16/2020Pajar Wijaya Putra • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full-stack Engineer Program • Campus: Malang
Alterra Academy is the best place to learn about programming, from Full Stack Engineer to Quality Engineer. The instructors are friendly and helpful, they will answer all your question. The curriculum is relevant to today's tech environment. You can apply for free and if accepted you will be getting paid while learning for 3 months, and you will get a job too!
- Good Environment- 1/16/2020Ade Suprapto Laia Putra • Software Engineer • Student • Course: Full-stack Engineer Program • Campus: Malang