alterra-academy-logo

Alterra Academy

Malang

Alterra Academy

Alterra Academy is an intensive, in-person coding bootcamp located in Malang, Indonesia. Founded in 2018, Alterra Academy’s mission is to foster and improve tech talent in Indonesia. Students can choose either the Quality Engineer program or the Full-stack Engineer Program. The Quality Engineer program is two months long, and teaches students skills such as Java programming, software testing fundamentals, agile testing methodology, mobile app testing using JUnit, and Scrum. The Full-stack Engineer program is three months long, and students learn skills such as HTML, programming, Javascript, and Restful API.

Alterra Academy candidates go through two assessments after applying to a program. A logic test is administered first. Questions include anything from math problems to business scenario problems. Candidates are then interviewed to make sure they are well-rounded and have tech-awareness.

Students are given free admission to either program. All bootcamp graduates are recruited as full-time employees at Alterra Academy. Students have access to a mentor throughout the program. A meal stipend is granted to all students. Any students located outside Malang are also given travel and housing stipends.

Recent Alterra Academy Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (22) reviews for Alterra Academy →

Recent Alterra Academy News

• Back End Golang Academy

MySQL, Git, Go, Data Structures, Algorithms, MVC, SQL
      LocationMalang
      The program allows one to be well versed in BackEnd programming "Go Programming Language".
    • Quality Engineer Program

LocationMalang
      The Quality Engineer program is a full-time program that lasts two months long. Students learn skills such as Java programming, software testing fundamentals, agile testing methodology, mobile app testing using JUnit, and Scrum.
    • Agatha Rachmadika • Data Engineer • Graduate
      Nearly a year ago I began attending the full-stack engineer program at Alterra Academy. Initially I joined this program because it was as simple as its place in Malang, near my hometown and the atmosphere of Malang was very pleasant for me. The study schedule was Monday-Friday so I though always go home on weekends, but the reality was not that nice. Each student was lent a laptop to be used for approximately 3 months of the program. My college background in mathematics and in lectures already know a little about logic and the introduction of programming languages. Phase I at Alterra Academy is highly required to understand logic, python, introduction to HTML, SQL and not only that we are also trained in soft skills. A live code is held to measure our ability every week and if the ability is assessed below the standard, it can be eliminated. In addition to the live code, we given a challenge task. every day. I had felt left behind so often slept in the office and continued to study at weekends. Gradually, that pattern became a habit in my life and continued to Phase II and III until I finally graduated in September 2019. Now when I remember the experience at Alterra Academy I feel proud to have completed a full-stack engineer program, with a little logic and programming language in the beginning, when I graduated can make some software and also this program makes my mentality become more fighting in the face of difficulties. An arduous but very enjoyable experience ever!
    • Fatma Janna • Software Engineer • Graduate

Never in my life, I imagined myself working as a software engineer. Though I was always curious about how people can build solutions to problems through technology and by making a great impact on society. My background was not IT or any computer science course, however, Alterra Academy had allowed me to study everything required to become a well-qualified software engineer. It was an intensive, fulfilling, full of knowledge and experiences of learning that consists of in-class study, group project, live code as well as a final project that allowed me to realize the craziest idea I've ever had into a software application that people can use.
      I will highly recommend Alterra Academy to all of you who's always curious, hungry and willing to learn about IT stuffs.

• Aflahi • Quality Engineer • Graduate

I join Alterra  Academy for Quality Engineer course and succesfuly finish course. Now I join Alterra as Quality Engineer.

Experience tha i had from Alterra Academy make me ready for Real Life Job as QE

• Best Tech Academy
      - 1/17/2020
      Karyadi • Software Engineer • Graduate

For me studying at the Alterra Academy was extraordinary. Lots of tech knowledge that I got here. Alterra Academy really helped me become a software engineer.

Alterra Academy has a comfortable environment for learning coding. The curriculum is relevant to today's tech environment. And the mentor is also experienced.

• Farras • Quality Engineer • Graduate

In my opinion, alterra academy is one of the best bootcamp program, because beside get training about quality engineer, also gets an allowance and after graduation, we also given the opportunity to work and develop in alterra company

• Nova • Quality Engineer • Graduate

the material provided is quite interesting even beginners who have never been involved in the programming world can easily understand the material provided

• Much. Arafat Almubarok • Software Engineer • Graduate

While studying at Alterra Academy I gained a lot of new knowledge from experienced mentors, of course. In this bootcamp I learned a lot about new technology that I had never learned before. Get free knowledge and still give pocket money, who doesn't want to try it .. hahahaha

• Ahmad Yusqie Mafaza • Software Engineer • Graduate

As an IT graduate student, I feel that the curriculum on campus has not been able to keep up with IT's rapid development. In my opinion, the Bootcamp program organized by Alterra Academy is able to solve this problem. Not only completes knowledge gained from campus, but also provides opportunities for people who do not have an IT background to become an IT Developer. With mentors taken directly from the company, I think the knowledge taught will be up to date and in accordance with current industry needs.

• Pajar Wijaya Putra • Software Engineer • Graduate

Alterra Academy is the best place to learn about programming, from Full Stack Engineer to Quality Engineer. The instructors are friendly and helpful, they will answer all your question. The curriculum is relevant to today's tech environment. You can apply for free and if accepted you will be getting paid while learning for 3 months, and you will get a job too!

• Good Environment
      - 1/16/2020
      Ade Suprapto Laia Putra • Software Engineer • Student

Alterra has a good environment to develop into a good software engineer. All instructors help you to push your limit to know more and more.