The program has no pre-requisites and is designed for beginners to learn from scratch. Students can enroll and start the course at any time.
Career Path students receive resume guidance, networking tips, and technical interview preparation. Altcademy works with partners in Silicon Valley to keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends. The quality of graduates is the only measure of success. Altcademy aims to go the extra mile to ensure students get the best out of their programs.
Recent Altcademy Reviews: Rating 4.98
Recent Altcademy News
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $650 Class size 20 Location OnlineLearn Ruby and Ruby on Rails and build multiple back-end API applications in 16 weeks. You will meet via live video chat weekly with your Coach in sessions called Office Hours. During Office Hours, your Coach will check on your progress and answer any question you may have. In addition, there are private chat rooms where you can talk to your classmates and your Coach. The curriculum is scheduled for 1 hour of work on Monday to Friday and 5 hours on Saturday. The course is conducted completely online.
Minimum Skill Level No Prerequisites Placement Test No Interview No
- In PersonPart Time1 Hours/week
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost N/A Class size N/A Location OnlineThis 5-day free course is designed for beginners. This is for someone who knows nothing about coding. This course is non-technical. You don’t need to know anything about programming. By the end of Day 5, you will learn enough to feel comfortable with coding.
Minimum Skill Level No prerequisites required. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $950 Class size 20 Location OnlineLearn Full-stack Web Development in 36 weeks. You will meet via live video chat weekly with your Coach in sessions called Office Hours. During Office Hours, your Coach will check on your progress and answer any question you may have. In addition, there are private chat rooms where you can talk to your classmates and your Coach. The curriculum is scheduled for 1 hour of work on Monday to Friday and 5 hours on Saturday. The course is conducted completely online.
Minimum Skill Level No Prerequisites Placement Test No Interview No
49 reviews sorted by:
- Mind opening- 3/4/2020Olivia Hillis • Student • Course: Coding 101 • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInCoding 101 made me finally realize that coding is not this scary monster I always thought it was. Coding is learnable and actually super exciting to be learned! The lessons are fun and well explained. It was the push I needed to have the courage to take a full coding course. 100% recommend!
- codinng 101- 1/8/2018coinmaster4you • Student • Course: Coding 101 • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
- Student-centered learning!- 6/19/2017Michelle S Lee • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
The best thing about this program is how committed and helpful the mentors are! Students are given personal attention and contsantly provided with critical personal feedback on their work. The 1 to 1 mentor and student set up also allows for the curriculum to be wondefully flexible under the recommendation of the mentors and needs of the student. I've struggled to learn programming myself through other online courses and this mentorship really makes a world of a difference.
The curriculum itself is also well structured and makes use of the best freely available online resources. It also is more relevant and applicable than other courses I have taken before on programming.
- Coding 101 Course- 4/27/2020Zakiyia J
The program provides lots of handson experience through exercises and projects. I have built at least 10 websites by now. Some of them are following tutorials and some of them are built completely on my own according to assignment goals. I got detailed feedback on all my assignments for bugs and improvements. This is a really good learning experience and good for building up confidence. There is a mentor that you can contact for help and guidance, this is very useful and worth every penny.
I don't have much to complain about the program really. But one thing I would mention is that I found it hard to stay focused early on, since you are always learning on your own. It took me at least a good two weeks to find my rymthm. So if you are thinking of signing up, you need to make sure you can learn in solitude, and have a study plan. My advice is that you need to be able to dedicate fixed timeslots on 3 to 4 days a week for studying and build a habit.
- Good alternative if you are on a budget- 2/14/2020Emily • Student • Course: Full-stack Web Development • Campus: OnlineThe reason I chose Altcademy is because they are cheap. Cheap compared to most bootcamps.
The main concern I had before I made a decision to enrol is whether I will be learning less things due to the price difference. After some research, I realised most web development bootcamp's syllabus are very similar, the frontend is almost always the same: HTML, CSS, JS, React/Angular/Vue. The backend is either Node or Rails. And they all have some CS data structure and algorithms. So there is not much difference in the topics that you will learn whether it's a 15k program or a 1k program.
As for the learning experience, I would say I am happy for what I paid for. The program is self paced, but they do give you a study schedule to help you plan. There isn't any hand holding, but there is definitely a lot of hands on experience with assignments and projects. There is a chatroom where you can discuss with other students. My mentors are experienced enough to answer most of my questions and they seem qualified based on their linkedin profile.
I think the most valuable thing this program offers is the mentorship support. Having a dedicated person who you can go to for help makes learning much easier. I can't really compare the experience with the more expensive bootcamps because I don't know what they are like. But if you are not able to shell out 10k or more, my guess is this could be a good alternative.
- Good program- 2/8/2020India Costa • UI/UX • Graduate • Course: Front-end Web Development • Campus: OnlineThe curriculum covers most fundamental concepts in frontend web development and is enough to get you prepared for some entry level roles. Especially if you have some experience with other roles in tech. If they could add some classes on automated testing, it would make the curriculum more complete. The content is mostly text based and easy to follow, with lots of exercises and walkthroughs. Mentors were very helpful and usually responded within the same day I asked them questions. I thoroughly enjoyed the program.
- Take Coding 101, don't miss out!- 1/17/2020Patricia Duggan • Graduate • Course: Coding 101 • Campus: Online
Fantastic starter course for anyone who is interested in learning about programming. The course is divided into 5 days and covers basic concepts such as what is coding, binary numbers, programming structures, how to solve complex problems, and actual coding exercises. I had a great time solving the maze exercise and will continue to take more free coding courses because of this.
- Lovely intro to coding- 1/16/2020Annie Oneal • Graduate • Course: Coding 101 • Campus: Online
This is a short and sweet intro to coding course and it's free. Everyday it will teach you a new concept and ask you to complete assignments. It also serves as a preview of their platform and paid programs. It was an eye opening experience for someone who has zero idea about coding. Definitely recommend.
- Exactly what a coding course should be- 12/30/2019Charlie Wong • QA Engineer • Student • Course: Full-stack Web Development • Campus: Online
If you are looking for a good web development program with support, and finding a job is not your priority, then this is the right program for you. As it won't cost you an arm and a leg, but still provides an education that is robust, practical, and comparable to other popular platforms.
- Decent curriculum with good mentorship- 12/16/2019Marissa Benton • Software QA • Student • Course: Front-end Web Development • Campus: Online
I compared the curriculum of this program to other popular schools and this curriculum covers most of the common topics in web development. The content is easy to read and the exercises are just challenging enough to push my limits without being overwhelming.
My mentor is friendly, knowledgeable, and encouraging. I got very indepth feedback on all my coding projects from my mentor. All in all, I am happy with the program.
- For those who need guidance- 12/11/2019Varun • Designer • Student • Course: Front-end Web Development • Campus: Online
I have done some programming courses on other platforms before Altcademy. But I wasn't able to learn comprehensively because there were just too many choices, and choices are bad for beginners. Altcademy's strict syllabus helped me focus on learning the right things in the right order. I would recommend this to anyone who needs guidance in learning web development.