altcademy-logo

Altcademy

Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Online, Singapore

Altcademy

Altcademy (formerly Hack Pacific) is an education institute offering intensive online programming courses. Courses cover back and front end technologies including JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Node.js, React, React Native and Ruby on Rails. The school was founded to meet the huge demand for programmers in the Asia startup community. It is aimed at beginners with no experience, and has a selection of online courses that help students become software developers. Students can choose between an Immersive Path that includes all curriculum materials, online chat, and a Q&A database, or a Personalized Career Path, that includes additional 1-1 mentorship, career guidance, interview prep, and more.

The program has no pre-requisites and is designed for beginners to learn from scratch. Students can enroll and start the course at any time.

Career Path students receive resume guidance, networking tips, and technical interview preparation. Altcademy works with partners in Silicon Valley to keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends. The quality of graduates is the only measure of success. Altcademy aims to go the extra mile to ensure students get the best out of their programs.

Recent Altcademy Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (50) reviews for Altcademy →

Recent Altcademy News

• Back-end Web Development

Rails, Ruby
      In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week
      Learn Ruby and Ruby on Rails and build multiple back-end API applications in 16 weeks. You will meet via live video chat weekly with your Coach in sessions called Office Hours. During Office Hours, your Coach will check on your progress and answer any question you may have. In addition, there are private chat rooms where you can talk to your classmates and your Coach. The curriculum is scheduled for 1 hour of work on Monday to Friday and 5 hours on Saturday. The course is conducted completely online.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo Prerequisites
    • Coding 101

In PersonPart Time1 Hours/week
      This 5-day free course is designed for beginners. This is for someone who knows nothing about coding. This course is non-technical. You don’t need to know anything about programming. By the end of Day 5, you will learn enough to feel comfortable with coding.
    • Front-end Web Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Front End
      In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week
      In 20 weeks, you will learn HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, jQuery, Git and build multiple front-end projects. You will meet via live video chat weekly with your Coach in sessions called Office Hours. During Office Hours, your Coach will check on your progress and answer any question you may have. In addition, there are private chat rooms where you can talk to your classmates and your Coach. The curriculum is scheduled for 1 hour of work on Monday to Friday and 5 hours of work on Saturday. The course is conducted completely online.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prerequisites required.
    • Full-stack Web Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby, SQL
      In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week
      Learn Full-stack Web Development in 36 weeks. You will meet via live video chat weekly with your Coach in sessions called Office Hours. During Office Hours, your Coach will check on your progress and answer any question you may have. In addition, there are private chat rooms where you can talk to your classmates and your Coach. The curriculum is scheduled for 1 hour of work on Monday to Friday and 5 hours on Saturday. The course is conducted completely online.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo Prerequisites
    • Nadim Rai • Student

I am taking Front-end Web Development Online right now(almost completing ) and it has been a very rewarding  experience. Harry and Xiao  are very  knowledgeable and dedicated mentors. Hack Pacific has its own Q&A platform and Slack channel where I am able to post any questions I have or whenever I get stuck at any problems. Mentors are very quick to reply too so that you do not feel lost which can impede your progress which is often the case with other online courses. In addition to that there is video conferencing twice every week which  gives me opportunity and ample time to discuss and interact with mentors and check on my progress. Their feedbacks on my assignment has been very helpful. It has been such a great learning experience that I have signed up for their Backend  web development online course as well.
      I absolutely recommend this course for anyone wanting to learn front end web development.

• Coding is not easy
      - 2/10/2020
      Coding isn't easy to learn and I can tell they tried their best to make the process less daunting. The mentoring is what keeps me going. Without my mentor's help, I probably would have given up in the first month.

The learning platform is easy to use. It has a calendar schedule to help you keep pace. There is progress tracking and email updates. The questions bank has a lot of resources and is my first goto place when I run into issues.

This is actually my third attempt trying to learn coding. I enrolled in two other online schools before. The first time I gave up because I was lazy and not motivated enough. The second time I was not absorbing the content well, it was a video based curriculum, so I dropped out after two weeks. This time I feel like I will be able to get through as everything seems to be falling in place. I find that I can retain a lot more information with text based content and my mentor's support makes a huge difference.

P.S. I didn't sign up for the personalized option that comes with office hours. So far I feel getting help from chat and the Q&A portal is enough for my needs.