altcademy-logo

Altcademy

Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Online, Singapore

Altcademy

Altcademy (formerly Hack Pacific) is an education institute offering intensive online programming courses. Courses cover back and front end technologies including JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Node.js, React, React Native and Ruby on Rails. The school was founded to meet the huge demand for programmers in the Asia startup community. It is aimed at beginners with no experience, and has a selection of online courses that help students become software developers. Students can choose between an Immersive Path that includes all curriculum materials, online chat, and a Q&A database, or a Personalized Career Path, that includes additional 1-1 mentorship, career guidance, interview prep, and more.

The program has no pre-requisites and is designed for beginners to learn from scratch. Students can enroll and start the course at any time.

Career Path students receive resume guidance, networking tips, and technical interview preparation. Altcademy works with partners in Silicon Valley to keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends. The quality of graduates is the only measure of success. Altcademy aims to go the extra mile to ensure students get the best out of their programs.

Recent Altcademy Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (49) reviews for Altcademy →

Recent Altcademy News

• Back-end Web Development

Rails, Ruby
      In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week
      Learn Ruby and Ruby on Rails and build multiple back-end API applications in 16 weeks. You will meet via live video chat weekly with your Coach in sessions called Office Hours. During Office Hours, your Coach will check on your progress and answer any question you may have. In addition, there are private chat rooms where you can talk to your classmates and your Coach. The curriculum is scheduled for 1 hour of work on Monday to Friday and 5 hours on Saturday. The course is conducted completely online.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo Prerequisites
    • Coding 101

In PersonPart Time1 Hours/week
      This 5-day free course is designed for beginners. This is for someone who knows nothing about coding. This course is non-technical. You don’t need to know anything about programming. By the end of Day 5, you will learn enough to feel comfortable with coding.
    • Front-end Web Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Front End
      In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week
      In 20 weeks, you will learn HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, jQuery, Git and build multiple front-end projects. You will meet via live video chat weekly with your Coach in sessions called Office Hours. During Office Hours, your Coach will check on your progress and answer any question you may have. In addition, there are private chat rooms where you can talk to your classmates and your Coach. The curriculum is scheduled for 1 hour of work on Monday to Friday and 5 hours of work on Saturday. The course is conducted completely online.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prerequisites required.
    • Full-stack Web Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby, SQL
      In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week
      Learn Full-stack Web Development in 36 weeks. You will meet via live video chat weekly with your Coach in sessions called Office Hours. During Office Hours, your Coach will check on your progress and answer any question you may have. In addition, there are private chat rooms where you can talk to your classmates and your Coach. The curriculum is scheduled for 1 hour of work on Monday to Friday and 5 hours on Saturday. The course is conducted completely online.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo Prerequisites
    • Coding 101
      - 9/6/2018
      Robbie • Student

I really like the little course for people who have little to or no experience with coding. It's a great gateway to learn a little bit of coding and how it can open up to more job opportunities because a lot of things are already done by computer. This was a great exposure of what is coding and such.

• Christos • Graduate

I joined to learn some skills to improve the web aspects of the family business. And I got what I was looking for.

• Lavinia • Graduate

First of all, the program doesn't promise any jobs at the end, or offer any job support. But the program did help me gain a solid foundation in full-stack development. I continued to work on my capstone project after finishing the program to improve my skills and managed to find an internship at a startup.

I would say for the money they charged, which is a huge discount compared to other similar bootcamps, they delivered an excellent experience. If you are looking to get hired immediately, you have to work a bit more after the program to prepare for interviews and polish your skills. You also need to research on the local job market on your own.

In total, I spent about a year from starting to learn how to code to getting my first job. It's a long process that not everyone should venture into. I give this program a 5 star because I got what I was looking for, which is good curriculum and support to help me build a out my full stack skill base.

• Leonard • Graduate
      The material goes from easy to advanced in a pretty steady curve. It was challenging but not too hard that it would drive someone crazy. Most of the curriculum is well written and the explanations easy to understand. Recommend to complete beginners.
    • Lilly Harrison • Student

The decision on choosing a professional paid program with mentorship vs learning on my own using free materials wasn't an easy one to make. But I am glad I went with Altcademy. There are just so many kinks and blocks when it comes to learning how to code. And the benefits of having a pro to ask for help when you need it is completely worth the money.

• Artur • Graduate

The course is definitely not easy. Some of the exercises can be quite challenging. Such as the algorithm exercises. The assignments involving HTML, CSS and JavaScript are also quite tough. But the material does offer walkthrough if you are really stuck. I feel that I had built a great foundation from this experience, and I have gained a lot of confidence in my programming skills.

• Great program
      - 9/1/2018
      Tommy Lam • Graduate

I recently graduated with a master's degree in design. I wanted to gain some solid skills in front-end development so I can work in digital agencies. And this program gave me exactly what I needed.

• Aubree Park • Student

I am currently taking the Front-end program and am having a great experience. Material is well written. Mentors are supportive and helpful. The material is mostly text based which suits my study style. Better than the video based courses I took before.

• Camille • Graduate

I took this course thinking it would be a great prep course before joining a full time bootcamp. But, now that I have finished, I think I might not need to go to a full time bootcamp anymore. This course covered almost all the materials that is in the bootcamp I was planning to go for. And the level of detail was just astonishing. I am now working on my capstone project, and I plan to apply for some junior level jobs soon.

• Bonnie • Graduate

Great all round program. Clear and structured curriculum, plenty of exercises. Good support from mentors. Material can be challenging at some points but feels good to overcome. Recommend to newbies.

• Learning to learn
      - 8/28/2018
      Elia Z • Graduate

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime". This is how I would summarize my experience with Altcademy. I am very grateful for the patience and heart the instructors demonstrated in mentoring me. They taught me the most important thing, which is learning how to learn.

• Christina B • Graduate

Backend web dev is a solid foundation course for learning how to build api servers. Also a good intro to programming with Ruby. Loved it. Thank you Altcademy