altcademy-logo

Altcademy

Average Rating4.99
108 Reviews
4 Courses

Altcademy (formerly Hack Pacific) is an education institute offering intensive online programming courses. Courses cover back and front end technologies including JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Node.js, React, React Native and Ruby on Rails. The school was founded to meet the huge demand for programmers in the Asia startup community. It is aimed at beginners with no experience, and has a selection of online courses that help students become software developers. Students ca...

108 Altcademy Reviews

• Tyler Russell
    Software Engineer • Graduate • Full-stack Web Development • Online
    Apr 07, 2021

How learning coding should be

I have been learning to code for a while before I joined Altcademy, my criteria for selecting a program is online, flexible schedule, mentorship, affordability. If you tried to learn to code before, you know there isn't a lack of free or extremely cheap material. But what you get for free, will usually lack structure, quality, and mentorship. Altcademy hits all the right spots, at a reasonable price point. The curriculum is text based, easy to follow, and code along. There are hundreds o...
  • Arthur LACHAT
    Graduate • Full-stack Web Development • Online
    Verified by LinkedIn
    Mar 13, 2021

Affordable and solid curriculum

My path : Full stack Web Development option Immersive Path ( without career guidance and portfolio building)
    My Background: Used C++ at uni, Python(Flask). Math major uni. Love tech and things related to the web.

My Experience :

- Price : Affordable, while working i could've go for a more expensive bootcamp I decided that since you can learn everything that bootcamp offer for free a cheaper price would be better. it's either cheap or free, except for the alumni network...
  • Olivia Hillis
    Verified by LinkedIn
    Mar 04, 2020

Mind opening

Coding 101 made me finally realize that coding is not this scary monster I always thought it was. Coding is learnable and actually super exciting to be learned! The lessons are fun and well explained. It was the push I needed to have the courage to take a full coding course. 100% recommend!
  • coinmaster4you
    Jan 08, 2018

codinng 101

Gave me great insight in coding. I had some html knowledge beforehand, but it was still very eye opening course on how you attack problems with as a coder or programer

• Michelle S Lee
    Student • Online
    Jun 19, 2017

Student-centered learning!

The best thing about this program is how committed and helpful the mentors are! Students are given personal attention and contsantly provided with critical personal feedback on their work. The 1 to 1 mentor and student set up also allows for the curriculum to be wondefully flexible under the recommendation of the mentors and needs of the student. I've struggled to learn programming myself through other online courses and this mentorship really makes a world of a difference.

The ...

• Morgan
    Oct 30, 2022

Everything I was looking for in a course I have found with Altcademy, thank you!

The course is very comprehensive and covers all the important topics for web development. The instructors are also very experienced and knowledgeable, and they were able to answer all my questions. I'm very happy with my experience with Altcademy and would recommend it to anyone looking for an online coding bootcamp.
  • Vladislav
    Student • Front-end Web Development • Online
    Oct 22, 2022

Very good course

If you're looking for a great coding bootcamp, I highly recommend Altcademy. The course explained the topics really well and you'll learn new skills that will be great for your career. I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in learning to code.
  • Mohamad
    Oct 20, 2022

Very enjoyable program

I have enjoyed the program so far. I appreciate the breadth of the full-stack development curriculum, as it gives me a well-rounded skillset. The instructors have been very helpful and accommodating. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience at Altcademy.
  • Ertugrul
    Oct 14, 2022

Comprehensive curriculum, self paced program

I had a great experience with altcademy. The curriculum is very comprehensive and the self-paced format is a big advantage for me. The pricing is very affordable. I've learned a lot so far, support from the mentor is also very good, and I'm really enjoying it. Highly recommend!
  • Scott
    Aug 27, 2022

Learning that’s easy to follow

I found the curriculum at Altcademy to be very easy to follow and understand. The mentorship provided was also very responsive and helpful in answering any questions I had. Overall, I would highly recommend this online coding bootcamp to anyone looking for a comprehensive and beginner-friendly learning experience.
  • Jim
    Aug 03, 2022

A great Bootcamp for an amazing price!

If you're looking for an affordable, comprehensive coding bootcamp, Altcademy is a great option. The course material is very well organised, and easy to follow, and the instructors are always available to answer any questions you may have. I would highly recommend Altcademy to anyone looking to learn coding!
  • Nidia Maldonado
    Graduate • Coding 101 • Online
    Jul 15, 2022

An amazing way to start getting involved into the coding world!

Coding 101 gives you a clear overview of all the basics you need to know being new in the programming stuff, it included nice exercises, explanatory videos and good assignments divided among 5 days (or if you want, you can complete it in less than that). I've learned really valuable concepts that I've heard before but I did not their meaning or application. Also, I've received feedback everyday from my assignments, it made me feel listened and motivated to complete the course. I highly r...

Altcademy Alumni Outcomes

Recent Altcademy News

There are no blog posts about this school yet.