60 Best Ruby Bootcamps
5Graduate - Course: Full-time Web Development Program - Tampa
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: SDG is the best gift I have ever given myself.I'm a former firefighter turned small business owner that had zero tech experience before SDG. I first learned about SDG while searching for coding schools in FI'm a former firefighter turned small business owner that had zero tech experience before SDG. I first learned about SDG while searching for coding schools in Florida. They were offering a test drive class at the time so I decided that would be a good place to start and see if coding was for me. Well, that class left me wanting more and I fell in love with the staff so I knew I would be attending their academy.
The academy is tough. I commuted to school every day which made the long hours even longer. But it was worth it. Mark was my instructor and he was amazing. He could take all the technical jargon and turn it into English and then break down all the steps and pieces for us. The projects start off easy and get harder the further along you get in the course. By the end of the course, you can deploy an app or website from scratch. The academic part of the academy really pushed me out of my comfort zone and I am so grateful. After my graduation the pandemic caused the world to go into shutdown but I was able to take on freelance projects successfully because of the skills I learned from SDG.
There is also a soft skills/career prep section in this academy. I came into this with a lot of soft skills so that information wasn't new to me but I could see how valuable it was to some of the younger dev students that haven't had as much work experience.
The career prep is focused on this industry and for the Tampa area. That was so valuable to me. I haven't been in the area long so I didn't have a network for the job search. Well with SDG you get to use their network and they have made great connections all over The Greater Tampa Bay. This network was key in helping me find my job.
During the career prep, they help you with your resume, LinkedIn, interview prep both the conversational part and the technical interview.
You get tons of help and support after graduation in finding a job. I was amazed at how SDG lived up to its promise to help you in this area.
I'm now working for my dream company doing my dream job. I am still pinching myself how everything worked out. I'm not going to lie it is hard but it is worth it because it is life-changing.
5Graduate - Course: UI/UX - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Bethel Tech is AMAZING!I graduated from Bethel Tech in 2022 in the UI/UX design program. If you are considering attending Bethel Tech, I would say, "Yes! Go for it!" At first, I was hI graduated from Bethel Tech in 2022 in the UI/UX design program. If you are considering attending Bethel Tech, I would say, "Yes! Go for it!" At first, I was hesitant as a single mom of 5 if I could handle working full time and school, but Bethel Tech creates an environment where you are considered family and not just a number. My teachers were amazing. I got the combination of great teaching and faith building. After graduating Bethel Tech, I gained skills in UI/UX design and confidence. I met with Career Services weekly to help me find a job. I found a job 5 months after graduating. I continue to keep in touch with several people from Bethel Tech. It's a school and place where we want to see each other win! This is a great place for an amazing education (no prior experience needed) and community.
5Graduate - Course: Code Bootcamp - Pittsburgh
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Tech Elevator is for Any and EveryoneTech Elevator was an incredible experience. The teaching staff was incredible and it is obvious they are passionate about educating people. The support staff isTech Elevator was an incredible experience. The teaching staff was incredible and it is obvious they are passionate about educating people. The support staff is also incredible, from to bottom the entire staff is always available to offer whatever support you need. One of the things that made me feel compelled to write this review, is that during my cohort I face some rather tough personal challenges. Still, I never felt that additional stress because it was obvious I had the full support of Tech Elevator. Overall, awesome experience and great confidence builder as you jump into your new Software career.
- 19Reviews2CoursesMomentum offers a 16-week, full-time Software Engineering Immersive course and a 24-week Software Engineering Part-Time course for career changers. Momentum ... Learn more about Momentum.Momentum offers a 16-week, full-time Software Engineering Immersive course and a 24-week Software Engineering Part-Time course for career changers. Momentum is headquartered in Durham, North Carolina but their courses are 100% online with live, instructor-led lectures and code demos. Momentum provides relevant skills training focused on the needs of the technology industry and the modern workplace. Momentum offers students personalized learning, mentorship, long-term community, and dedicated support from instructors who collectively have 35+ years of experience. Learn more about Momentum.Thomas
5Graduate - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Incredible experience, more than I imagined!I was traveling for work and I wanted to make a career change to be closer to home and spend more time with family. I decided that software development was theI was traveling for work and I wanted to make a career change to be closer to home and spend more time with family. I decided that software development was the path I wanted to take. I heard about Momentum from a trusted and respected friend who is in the industry and has worked with people that were involved with the program.
I spoke with members of the staff before joining who were honest and genuine about what to expect and some of the challenges I would face and how they will guide me through it. I could easily see why my friend recommended them and because of how sincere they were about being with me through the journey I signed up and have never regretted it. The staff truly cares and Jessica, the CEO, is incredible. I've never seen a CEO that knows every single student on a first name bases and is with you every step of the way.
One of my favorite parts was Friday Huddles where they have guest speakers from companies big and small like Google, IBM, Red Hat, Pendo, Spreedly, Tiny Earth Toys just to name a few. Many of the speakers came through the Momentum program and you get a chance to talk to them in a casual setting and they have all been straight forward and honest about their journeys.
If I had to pick what the best thing about joining Momentum has been, it would be the community. You are placed in a team based on when your program starts. My teammates are like family now, we spent everyday together finding solutions to problems through coding all on zoom. We had members in different states because of the remote setting and it didn't matter. You forgot that they were in different locations and still got to know them very well and we would do anything for each other. The thing I didn't realize before joining the program was that you join a team but you also join a community of past graduates, new students and staff all through Slack. There is something about Momentum staff and students, maybe because 99% of them are career changes and share your story, but everyone and I mean everyone truly wants you to succeed. I was amazed how you instantly get access to all these Slack channels and can read past threads with resources and if you reach out with a question, a ton of people who you don't even know jump in to help. People share pictures and things that make them happy, share links for cool things related to code or meetups and you become a mentor for the next team too. It's a really great community of people and it just makes you feel like you made the right choice.
I know this is a long review but I have to end by saying the part that I had the most questions about before joining. How does Momentum help me find a job in software development? I don't know where they found her, but Katie is their head of career services and she doesn't wait for you to graduate before helping you. It's incredible how she's able to manage so many people but I feel like I know her just as well as my teammates. She has provided tools for resumes, cover letters, applying for jobs, networking, finding companies, tools I didn't know existed. Momentum's mission is to get you in the business and even after the lessons are completed, they are still with you until you find a job. You are always part of the community and a member on Slack even after you find a job so you'll never feel that you are on your own. I'm not the first to say this and I definitely won't be the last.. I wish I had did this sooner.
5Graduate - Course: Fullstack Web Development Course - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Excellent experience in data scienceIt was an enriching experience, congratulations to the bootcamp and the MINTIC of Colombia, I would like to see progress continue at the other levels, to continIt was an enriching experience, congratulations to the bootcamp and the MINTIC of Colombia, I would like to see progress continue at the other levels, to continue my training as a future data scientist. And to search my skills in jobs plattform.
5Graduate - Course: Bootcamp de Desarrollo Web - Caracas
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: very patient and always ready to help with every stepBest experience ever, was truly beyond expectation. Communication was easy, very patient and always ready to help with every step. It's absolutely a 10 out of 1Best experience ever, was truly beyond expectation. Communication was easy, very patient and always ready to help with every step. It's absolutely a 10 out of 10. My recommendation is just another way of appreciation, am so happy I can easily see all info from my spouse phone without touching the phone physical Indeed hackerspytech AT Gm ail C om is the best no doubts
5Student - Course: Data Science - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Ready for Data AnalysisFrom the moment that I begin my journey last August to working towards attaining my certification I was excited. It is not an easy decision to learn a new skillFrom the moment that I begin my journey last August to working towards attaining my certification I was excited. It is not an easy decision to learn a new skill or pursue a different line of education. It is easy to know that after the hard work that you have done you can be the professional and an influence to others. I am so glad that I found this program and made the sacrifice to work hard to learn a new skill.
The hard skills that I have in data analytics were fined tuned as I moved through the Academy assignments. I have admit that I hit many roadblocks in studying but the mentor resources that are available gave me the support and confidence I needed to reassure me that I could do it. I am so appreciative of the work that the instructors, my peers and the mentors provided and I hope to be an influence and shoulder to lean on for any future student of Data Science that may need it.
- 13Reviews7CoursesOpenClassrooms offers part-time, online, 12-month mentored courses in digital skills like full-stack and mobile development, product management, and UX desig... Learn more about OpenClassrooms.OpenClassrooms offers part-time, online, 12-month mentored courses in digital skills like full-stack and mobile development, product management, and UX design. Students will engage in a learning experience centered around professional projects because OpenClassrooms believes that project-driven work is the fastest way to become proficient in technical skills. Projects offer hands-on experience so that students can hit the ground running when they start a new job. Students are also equipped with mentors, who are dedicated professionals and experts in their field, to help coach them to achieve their goals throughout the course. Mentors and students connect via weekly video conference sessions. Learn more about OpenClassrooms.Mehedi Hasan
5Student - Course: Front-End Developer - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great Experience, Learned a lot, An Institute that really cares for its studentsAs long as you commit yourself, you'll learn SO so much. - Great environment. - Courses are organized and well structured and mentors wow. They are eage
As long as you commit yourself, you'll learn SO so much.
- Great environment.
- Courses are organized and well structured and mentors wow. They are eager to help students.
- You will have one mentoring session every week, average 45 mins each. If that's not enough you can always write mentor and they are always ready to help and of course, very active facebook workplace group where you can post your problem and discuss with other students.
- You'll leave with some cool projects to add to your portfolio.
- Let' be real, 300 EUR/month is very reasonable compared to other institutions (it's worth it)
I really recommend Openclassrooms if you really wanna learn good and make a career. Thanks
- 6Reviews2CoursesDestination Dev offers a 10-week, full-time full-stack coding bootcamp around the world. With campuses in Columbia and Thailand, Destination Dev has a unique... Learn more about Destination Dev.Destination Dev offers a 10-week, full-time full-stack coding bootcamp around the world. With campuses in Columbia and Thailand, Destination Dev has a unique emphasis on preparing students to land full-time remote or freelance work in order to live a flexible, location-independent, “digital nomad” lifestyle. The bootcamp brings together students from all over the world for ten intense weeks of software development education and cultural immersion. Learn more about Destination Dev.Carlo Teran
5Student - Course: Fullstack Web Development - Medellín
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Best option to become a Web Developer and experience a different culture.Destination Dev completely delivered what I was expecting from a Coding Bootcamp. I came to the Bootcamp with some experience working on IT and with a CIS Degre
Destination Dev completely delivered what I was expecting from a Coding Bootcamp. I came to the Bootcamp with some experience working on IT and with a CIS Degree from the US, and I can assure you that I was able to learn more about coding and building applications in the past 10 weeks than in my entire 4 years in College. Despite the fact that it is a brand new program, the Director and the Instructors were always asking for our feedback and were willing to do anything in order to improve our experience and making sure that we were understanding the material. The instructors were very helpful and were willing to put extra work in order to prepare me for my new job as a full-time Software Developer in Los Angeles, California.
Unforgettable experience, amazing cultural immersion (I played Futbol in Colombia, salsa classes, beautiful places), and some of the most amazing people I've ever met.
5Graduate - Course: Web Design Certificate (NYC or Online) - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
- 5Reviews1CourseALPHA Camp offers full-time, 12-week courses and part-time, 8-week courses in full stack, front end, iOS development, product design, and digital marketing i... Learn more about ALPHA Camp.ALPHA Camp offers full-time, 12-week courses and part-time, 8-week courses in full stack, front end, iOS development, product design, and digital marketing in Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong, China. ALPHA Camp’s mission is to bring startup talent into the rapidly growing digital economy in Asia. With a focus on learning-by-doing, students will learn and build products with Ruby on Rails, Swift, Xcode, Cocoa, UX/UI design, and more. Mini team projects will teach students how to collaborate with other developers and marketers more effectively. In order to register for the course, interested students can fill out a short online form. Learn more about ALPHA Camp.
- 5Reviews10CoursesQwasar Silicon Valley offers remote online bootcamps that can be completed either full-time or part-time. Students of the part-time bootcamps can choose to m... Learn more about Qwasar Silicon Valley.Qwasar Silicon Valley offers remote online bootcamps that can be completed either full-time or part-time. Students of the part-time bootcamps can choose to meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays or weekends on Saturdays. All full-time bootcamps meet on weekdays. Students may learn at their own pace with a minimum 12-week time commitment required. Qwasar Silicon Valley uses a project-based learning platform designed for adult learners that incorporates automations and autocorrections. All Qwasar Silicon Valley bootcamps except Full Stack Development are gamified, meaning that students will spend and earn “Qpoints.” As students complete peer code reviews, they will earn Qpoints, and as they submit projects for review, they will spend Qpoints. Learn more about Qwasar Silicon Valley.Alex Rosenfeld
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Development (Part-Time) - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Excellent Value and SupportQwasar Silicon Valley was founded by a team of dedicated and genuinely thoughtful technologists who believe in the power of learning through experience, not lecQwasar Silicon Valley was founded by a team of dedicated and genuinely thoughtful technologists who believe in the power of learning through experience, not lectures or textbooks. The more you put into this program, the more you will get out of it. Support is available for questions of all types - from fundamentals to more advanced CS topics. There is a diverse student body that is eager to learn and support one another, and peer-based project reviews help students both learn to take constructive criticism and to digest and comment intelligently on someone else's code. The connections with numerous companies (in the Bay Area and across the globe) help students to open doors and find meaningful employment, and as the program progresses there is a good amount of interview prep which is very practical. I strongly recommend this program for students of all abilities who truly wish to further their technical knowledge and build a solid foundation for a career in any part of the tech industry.
- 5Reviews4Courses42 offers tuition-free technology education programs in Paris and Silicon Valley. 42 has no teachers or traditional classes. Instead, they use project-based ... Learn more about 42.42 offers tuition-free technology education programs in Paris and Silicon Valley. 42 has no teachers or traditional classes. Instead, they use project-based and problem-based learning along with peer code review to foster a tight-knit learning community ready for the tech workplace. Students learn soft skills, creativity, problem-solving, collaboration, communication, and how to work in teams. The 42 curriculum covers subjects in full stack web development, cybersecurity, data visualization, and more. Learn more about 42.Viclucas
5Student - Course: Le Programme - Paris
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: High lintensity trainingVery good programming school allowing you to become a top 1% engineer and land a high paying job in very good companies. Also teach you incredible useful top skVery good programming school allowing you to become a top 1% engineer and land a high paying job in very good companies.
Also teach you incredible useful top skills that you won't learn anywhere else as the school system and curriculum is very unique
You will need to be able to work 60+ hours a week and connect with your fellow student if you want to succeed here.
The school lacks a bit of framing, you can rely only on your work ethic and the black hole pressure (ejection system for the student that can't keep up with the pace)
5Graduate - Course: Software Development Intensive - Seattle
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Expectations Meet RealityAda Developers Academy ( ADA ) delivers what it says it does. You will receive a top notch education in programming, computer science fundamentals, and preparat
Ada Developers Academy ( ADA ) delivers what it says it does. You will receive a top notch education in programming, computer science fundamentals, and preparation for whiteboard style interviewing. You will not be charged tuition and you will receive a stipend at the end of each month of your internship that is the equivalent of 35 hours a week at $15 an hour. Taxes will not be taken out of your check as your role is that of a contractor. Most of your class will have job offers before the cohort ends, but not all, often for reasons not under ADA's ( or the Adies' ) control. You will graduate ready to enter the job market as a junior developer. You will think that you should feel more skilled and experienced once you reach that point but you won't ( what you hope to feel like usually takes 5 years of experience and work to achieve ). You will have a strong network of graduates to lean on and the support of ADA during future job searches and dealing with the challenges that the tech industry brings.
Teaching will usually be spot on, but there will be missteps and errors along the way. You will be doing more independent study than you anticipate. Your instructors ( 2 per 24 students, 1 floating instructor, 1 Jumpstart instructor, a dedicated Computer Science Fundamentals instructor, and an outstanding student counselor ) are supportive, committed to the mission of ADA, and eager for you to succeed, but they are human. Things more very fast and you have to advocate for yourself and your classmates. Sometimes tutoring is available, sometimes not. If you start to fall behind you need to recognize it quickly and get assistance immediately. You may have to go outside of ADA to do that.
You will receive education and training about social justice, including the concerns and challenges of women of color and non-binary individuals. You will be personally be challenged. You will learn things you didn't know about yourself, and didn't necessarily want to know. You will learn that there is difference between ADA and the Adies alumnix. It was the alumnix who made the commitment to "no woman left behind". Students have been expelled from ADA. Not all of us got in on our first try. Some were admitted on their 5th try. There is some Redshirting. You will form some of the strongest friendships of your life, but you won't like everyone. Lateral aggression is minimal, bullying almost non-existent. ADA was worth it, the Adies especially so. But it is hard. The process hurts. It hurts alot. But it was worth it. Eyes open, keep your expectations in check, and it will be amazing. You will be amazing. Apply.
- 4Reviews5CoursesSince 2014, Preface Coding has been offering personalized programming training for adults, kids, and corporations. Preface Coding’s courses include Data Scie... Learn more about Preface Coding.Since 2014, Preface Coding has been offering personalized programming training for adults, kids, and corporations. Preface Coding’s courses include Data Science and A.I. with Python, Full Stack Web Development with Ruby on Rails, and App Inventor and Scratch. These courses can be taken online or in-person at campuses in Hong Kong, London, and Tokyo. Preface Coding curriculum is created to be practical, relevant, approachable, and delivered in a way that all learners can understand. Lectures are based on real-world cases, ensuring students understand how programming techniques are applied to actual business scenarios. Preface Coding courses can be taken either as 1-on-1 training, which allows a student to have flexible scheduling, or as immersive, weekend bootcamps. Preface Coding also offers a ScratchJr course for kids. Learn more about Preface Coding.
- 3Reviews1CourseMaster 21 Academy is a 9-week long coding bootcamp in Zurich. Students will learn Ruby on Rails and how to create websites and web applications. Master 21 Ac... Learn more about Master 21 Academy.Master 21 Academy is a 9-week long coding bootcamp in Zurich. Students will learn Ruby on Rails and how to create websites and web applications. Master 21 Academy's main goal is not to teach a particular programming language, but aims to equip students with a backpack of useful concepts and a problem-solving mindset. Students will work on projects and get live feedback from instructors and fellow students with their 5:1 student-to-mentor-ratio. Learn more about Master 21 Academy.
- 2Reviews4CoursesPluralsight is an online learning platform to help technologists keep up with changing technology and build skills in cloud, mobile, security and data. Plura... Learn more about Pluralsight.Pluralsight is an online learning platform to help technologists keep up with changing technology and build skills in cloud, mobile, security and data. Pluralsight Paths range in length from 9 hours to 50 hours, and combine multiple courses and tools to teach specific skills from start to finish in the right order. Pluralsight offers Paths in Web Development, IT Ops, Creative, Security. Learn more about Pluralsight.
- 1Reviews5CoursesInterface Web School is a 10-week intensive web development program, where students will learn to build their own web applications and be effective software ... Learn more about Interface Web School.Interface Web School is a 10-week intensive web development program, where students will learn to build their own web applications and be effective software developers. Based in Omaha, Nebraska, Interface Web School teaches beginners who are motivated and have aspirations to be we developers. Student will learn hard technical skills like behavior-driven development, programming patterns, and 3rd party API utilization. In addition, students will participate in project management workshops, leadership workshops and other events to ensure they are ready to contribute to a development team on day one. Interface Web School offers immersive programs in both Ruby and .NET. Learn more about Interface Web School.David Tarvin
5Student - Course: Full-Stack Web Developer Training Course: Java - Omaha
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Great School!I have taken two classes at Interface Web School so far - Foundations and Java. I am starting my third class with them, WordPress, on August 7. I have really en
I have taken two classes at Interface Web School so far - Foundations and Java. I am starting my third class with them, WordPress, on August 7. I have really enjoyed my time at Interface. The instructors, Nick and Kent, were great. I learned a lot from them. Nick ran the Foundations course, which teaches HTML, CSS, and jQuery, with a bit of Bootstrap (although Nick doesn't like that - he prefers coding in pure CSS). We did several projects, including one where we animate flipping a card over. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I have since used it in sites I am working on to create a spinning effect. We did not have one big project in that class, just some weekly projects. In Java, however, we did have one big class project. We made an online UNO game (the card game, that is). It works great! We finished the main work on it during class, but we still have some things we want to add, so we all agreed to meet on Sundays after the class was finished to add those things. One thing that the Java class had that online courses do not have is the back end. When you're making Java applications for a server, you have to add extra code such as POJOs to the package in order for it to work. We also had to learn a bit of SQL to get our data working for the game. I highly recommend Interface!
Disclosure: I did not have to pay out of pocket for Interface. A state grant has paid for my classes. I don't think paying for it would change my opinion though.
- 1Reviews1CourseCoding Academy by Epitech is a 22-week, full-stack coding bootcamp in Paris, France. Coding Academy is an innovative educational initiative created by Epitec... Learn more about Coding Academy by Epitech.Coding Academy by Epitech is a 22-week, full-stack coding bootcamp in Paris, France. Coding Academy is an innovative educational initiative created by Epitech, the leading French university in programming and digital innovation. Coding Academy aims to strengthen students' technical assets for professional success as the program length is designed for those who want to become experts. Since the corporate world has become digital, Coding Academy believes it is vital to be familiar with the basics of programming to fill all technical and commercial functions of a company. The program is calibrated for coding implementation in business and after students have validated their understanding of concepts, Coding Academy shifts into high gear to help students with the job search. Learn more about Coding Academy by Epitech.
- 1Reviews1CourseSimplon is a 6-month training program teaching Ruby on Rails in France and Romania. Simplon accepts both beginners and experienced programmers, teaching web ... Learn more about Simplon.Simplon is a 6-month training program teaching Ruby on Rails in France and Romania. Simplon accepts both beginners and experienced programmers, teaching web and mobile applications using the most advanced technologies and programming languages. Graduates of Simplon will be skilled in HTML CSS, Ruby on Rails, Github, Test Drive Agile Development, Computational thinking, Web Project Management, APIs, UX design, and Lean startup principles. Simplon is free and open to anyone, as long as they're motivated. Learn more about Simplon.