Viking Code School
Viking Code School aims to provide the support of an in-person class with the flexibility of learning from home. While students don't need previous programming experience, applicants should be highly motivated, capable of learning quickly and should communicate well. Viking Code School is incentivized to get students software engineering jobs- if graduates do not get a job within 6 months, the Immersive Program tuition is completely free, and the Flex Program Guaranteed Tier offers a full refund.
Recent Viking Code School Reviews: Rating 4.62
Recent Viking Code School News
- All About ISAs: Income Share Agreements and Deferred Tuition at Coding Bootcamps
- Guide to Coding Bootcamps with Job Guarantees
- Which Coding Bootcamps Have Been Acquired?
In PersonPart Time
Deposit None Tuition Plans Dial in exactly the level of support you want and choose from any of our available plans, which are pay-as-you-go.
In PersonFull Time80 Hours/week
Deposit $2,000 non-refundable deposit Tuition Plans Payment plan is available Refund / Guarantee Students eligible for tuition deferral pay 18% of their first year's salary during the course of that year or a fixed-price option of $11,800.
Minimum Skill Level Be prepared to write code, build an app, and pair-program with an instructor. This is very rigorous program with a challenging application and interview process. Prep Work Prep covers everything from basics of web development to design to engineering to coding. It can be found at https://www.vikingcodeschool.com/prep Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
Viking Code School Reviews
27 reviews sorted by:
- Most challenging experience I've ever had, would heartily recommend for remote learning.- 4/23/2015Nick S. • Student • Course: Viking Full Stack Web Application Engineering IMMERSIVE • Campus: Online
- Viking is a black spot on your CV- 11/9/2017Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Viking Full Stack Web Application Engineering IMMERSIVE • Campus: Online
After a very long job search I came to discover in an interview that places who will hire people out of bootcamps won't hire people out of viking. Turns out that their poor standards and practices are widely known. If you are desperate enough to enroll with them make sure to leave their name off your resume in favor of just listing your skills and related accomplishments.
- not a school by any definition of the word- 8/28/2017Anonymous • Senior QA manager • Course: Viking Full Stack Web Application Engineering IMMERSIVE • Campus: Online
Their course work has a significant amout of errors so most of the "information" you need to research on your own to confirm what is or is not correct. Most of which is based around raw memorization rather than understanding or experience.
Very little instruction or feedback is given in writing and is instead given verbally and is inconsistent between intructors.
No one associated with the school has any background or skill in education or teaching.
Most of class time is wasted "pair programming" [something you will never do in the real world] so very little time is spent productively in a given day.
There is no grading rubric and any assesment of tests or homework and are graded differently for each student.