university-of-oregon-boot-camps-logo

University of Oregon Boot Camps

Portland

University of Oregon Boot Camps

University of Oregon Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time web development, data analytics, cybersecurity, and UX/UI courses in Portland, Oregon. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git. The data science curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript charting (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience. The cybersecurity program offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the program is part-time, University of Oregon Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Throughout the 24-week boot camps, students have access to career-planning services including resume and portfolio reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Successful participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Oregon and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics, or a variety of training applicable to professional certifications to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

The University of Oregon Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Oregon Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 3.0

all (2) reviews for University of Oregon Boot Camps →

Recent University of Oregon Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationPortland
      At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
      Payment plans available
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationPortland
      This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
      Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationPortland
      UO Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
      Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS
      LocationPortland
      Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
      Payment plans available
      - 7/22/2020
      Joseph F Mengis  User Photo
      Joseph F Mengis • Full Stack Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub
      I am currently halfway through the Bootcamp and am loving it.  I am a full-time musician and have lots of downtime when I am touring and work an odd schedule when I am playing locally.  I wanted to find another career that I could do on the side but am now looking for a full-time position. I have a child going into kindergarten soon and am looking for a career with a more regular schedule, but that also challenges and stimulates.  What attracted me to coding was the creative and logical nature of it.  It is similar to music in many ways.  I love software and, over the years, have had many ideas for websites and apps and wished I could create them myself.  I have wanted to take a Bootcamp for a few years, and after losing most of my work to the pandemic, I decided this was my opportunity. This class has far surpassed my expectations.

I was skeptical going in, and it has wholly delivered so far.  The staff is fantastic, and I have been blown away by the support and culture.  My instructor, Maryus, is great. His knowledge, perspective, and attitude toward coding has taught me so much—just a great learning environment.  The class teaches coding in a real-world work environment, so it feels like you are getting work experience through the projects and homework.  We have been learning about project management and workflow.  These are things I didn't expect from the class.  If you are thinking about doing the University Of Oregon Bootcamp, I highly recommend it.  Be prepared to work extremely hard and put in hours.  Also, be ready to feel completely satisfied with what you are getting out of it.
      Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Oregon Boot Camps
      Title: Community Team
      Friday, Jul 24 2020
      Thanks for sharing your current boot camp experience, Joseph! We're happy to hear you chose our program to make a significant career change and are thrilled you're enjoying your learning experience. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so it's great this has resonated with you.We also have to agree that Maryus is pretty fantastic.

Great advice for prospective learners — be prepared to work extremely hard and put in extensive hours both inside and outside the classroom. We commend all your hard work thus far and can't wait to help you finish out your studies!
    • Vic  User Photo
      Vic • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I completed the Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time bootcamp at the University of Oregon in 2019 and want to share my review of my experience.

Why I selected this program:

I chose this bootcamp over some other options in the area mainly because I was looking for a part-time program. I work full time in a technical role and I was not looking for a career change. My motivation for taking a coding bootcamp was not to get a job as a web developer, but rather to refresh some coding knowledge I had learned in college about 10 years ago and to bring the value of that refreshed knowledge to my existing role at my company. It was also very helpful that my company offered to pay for 50% of the cost of the bootcamp (any bootcamp) in exchange for finishing the program.

Why I wish I had not selected this program:

Some red-flags showed up for me early in the process that in hindsight I wish I paid more attention to them. The used car salesman-like pitches of the program I was getting from the people calling me to enroll in the program was one of the early warning signs that this program might not be right for me, but I figured they are a new program and were just trying to gain some traction in the area. Since this was something I had been interested in doing for a while anyways and my company was footing half the bill I let them convince me that this was the right program for me. I wish I had done more research into just what the little tiny print “Powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.” at the bottom of the bootcamp’s webpage meant prior to enrolling.

The pre-work they give you before the course starts was another warning as it seemed to lack any substance, but I figured it was still too early to gauge anything. The pre-work was to watch a few YouTube videos and to install some software on your computer. In hindsight I wish they provided some lessons on going over the basics of terminal navigation, going through the basics of variables, etc… real basic coding 101 type things.

The first week of our class was in disarray as the instructor wasn’t able to jump into the first lessons because he had to teach people how to use their computer to do basic things like create and rename files using terminal, navigate between folders using terminal. These were all things that, in my opinion, should have been covered in the pre-work! We had several weeks to complete the pre-work at our own pace and it was a perfect opportunity to provide lessons with exercises to teach people how to do this sort of thing so that the class could get off to a good start.

A few weeks into the program I had a check-in with the student success manager where the intent was to find out how I was feeling about how things were going so far. I was very candid and expressed the concerns I was having about my expectations that the quality of the program would be a little more polished than it currently was. They let me know they were sad and disappointed to hear that I felt that way. They did not have another check-in with me again for the rest of the program (5 months).

Overall the curriculum throughout the entire program was disorganized, underdeveloped, outdated, and poorly designed. The group projects were unstructured, unguided, and were my least favorite part of the entire program (my classmates were awesome, though!)

I did finish the course and I did receive a certificate proclaiming I completed a bootcamp from the University of Oregon, but I do not feel that I left the program with the knowledge or skill set that would be needed to land a job in the field. I strongly feel that this program did not offer any advantage over following one of the myriad of online programs which are not only cheaper, but have more structure and offer better curriculum.

I am, quite frankly, surprised that an institution like the University of Oregon would lend not only it’s name, but it’s reputation to a course developed by Trilogy Education Services. After my experience with this program I will not pursue any program offered by University of Oregon. I simply do not trust that they perform due diligence in reviewing the curriculum or quality of the programs they put their name on.

If you are considering bootcamps as a way to get into software development or as a way to learn how to code you simply need to look elsewhere. There are so many options available in this day and age that are much better than what is being offered by “University of Oregon”.

Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Oregon Boot Camps
      Title: Community Team
      Thursday, Feb 06 2020
      Thank you for your feedback, Vic. The student experience is our top priority, so we regret to hear the program did not live up to your expectations.

Our enrollment agreement and admissions process do strive to make the refund policy for the course clear, noting that refunds are not possible after the drop period ends. We understand that you were dissatisfied with this procedure and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

It's our goal for all students to complete the boot camp feeling equipped with the skills they need to succeed, so we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and determine what additional assistance we can provide for you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (503) 925-5366.