university-of-miami-boot-camps--logo

University of Miami Boot Camps

Miami

University of Miami Boot Camps

University of Miami (UM) Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time web development, data analytics, and financial technology courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

As the programs are part-time, UM Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Miami and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, or financial technology.

University of Miami Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Miami Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.75

all (4) reviews for University of Miami Boot Camps →

Recent University of Miami Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationMiami
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Excel, Algorithms, Cryptocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
    LocationMiami
    Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationMiami
    University of Miami Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available

• $500 University of Miami Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive University of Miami Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Miami)
  • Jaime Montero  User Photo
    Jaime Montero • Content Creator | Front-End Developer at Royal Caribbean International • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My name is Jaime Montero, and just like you reading this post, I was trying to find out some information, feedback or reviews about this University of Miami Coding Bootcamp. I didn't find much, but at the end I decided to give it a try.

BEST DECISION EVER!.

My personal experience through this Coding Boot Camp was excellent, and that's what I'm sharing here.

I graduated in October 2018 from the FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPMENT program, started in May 2018 (6 Months).

Halfway through the program I decided to offer my services as a Web Developer; built 2 websites for free and then I got a paid client. At this point, 3 months are enough for you to start building beautiful websites, building up portfolio, and hopefully getting your first clients.

Before graduation I got an offer from the company I currently work at.

The program covers a lot ... I understand, “a lot” it's a very broad and abstract term, but, I mean it, A LOT; from the very basic HTML to functional React Web Applications, from your command prompt to data manipulation and databases, from your first lines of code “Hello World” to dynamic, interactive, responsive and potentially profitable $$$ real world projects.

Career services are great, they will absolutely help you to become employer-ready-competitive, to be more noticeable, and most important, they will guide you through the job search process.

Instructors are experienced, very knowledgeable and fun, they're in the industry, usually in different fields. which is great, and you get to learn a lot from them.

Thanks to this University of Miami Coding Bootcamp my life has changed for good, it's incredible how 6 months of hard work can transform everything, I got hired by a great company, in a role that I really enjoy and most important, where I'm able to apply everything I have learned.

This experience is just the beginning of a career full of awesomeness, professional growth and tons of lines of code. SUPER RECOMMENDED!

You really have to take it seriously, put the hard hours, study, practice, practice, practice, practice a lot, research, network, go the extra mile!.

Tuesday, Nov 27 2018
    Amazing, Jaime! We are thrilled you had such an amazing student experience and were supported by our entire team throughout every step of the way. Congratulations on successfully completing the program — all your hard work definitely paid off. We wish you all the best on your new career path and are rooting you on as you continue forward!
  • Gretel Martinez  User Photo
    Gretel Martinez • Front-End Web Developer Verified via LinkedIn

University of Miami Coding Bootcamp is a starting point for all those who wish to learn a new career. The program includes the Front-End with a wide deployment of cutting edge technologies such as React, after creating solid bases in html, css, javascript, and the most used frameworks, as well as innumerable practices in the use of the APIs of the most big companies.

The second part of the program covers in depth the development with the MERN stack, with MongoDB as database technology, NodeJS and Express supporting the backend and the integration with the React from the front-end.

The program is taught by professors with more than 10 years of experience and an extra support of technical assistants.

Monday, Oct 15 2018
    Way to go, Gretel! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed our full-stack curriculum and felt supported by our entire instructional team. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous program, we wish you all the best moving forward!
  • Fabian  User Photo
    Fabian Verified via LinkedIn

The UM Coding Camp was definitely an experience in which many lessons were learned. First of all, the curriculum was extremely challenging for all the students; even ones with prior coding experience. The timeframe alotted to learn all the information taught was the predominant obstacle most of the students faced. Also, the majority of the data taught had remnants of JavaScript; therefore, anyone wanting to undertake this course would be best served to know a bit (then eventually a lot) about JavaScript. With that said, even though we were all faced with a roller coaster of emotions due to the demands of this course, our guardian and Program Coordinator Chavon was absolutely amazing with her never-ending support, leadership, and understanding. Without her, most of us would probably not finish this course, myself included. Our instructor Jonathan Fields was absolutely fantastic; very knowledgeable and always willing to help. Last but not least, our TA Jonathan Morales was always there for us; always giving a helping hand; always gracious.

Friday, Aug 03 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, Fabian! Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program covering a wide range of concepts in a short amount of time, so we are glad to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and continually felt supported by our entire team. We also have to agree that Chavon, Jonathan F., and Jonathan M. are all pretty amazing. Congratulations on graduating from such a rigorous program! We wish you continued success in your future goals.
  • Mike Gordillo • Student
    I came from a totally different word of work. I have been a professional tattoo artist for 18 years and worked in that industry for 21 years. Through the trials of COVID, I was forced to close my tattoo shop down and had to say good by to my business. In the first months, I struggled to think about the best way to earn a living in a world where I couldn’t come in contact with people as that is the nature of tattooing. Often times you find yourself very close to clients for hours and the new guidelines and regulations from the state of Florida, forced my business into a 4 1/2 months shut down. Unfortunately, I couldn’t recover. I needed to adapt and fast. The need to change professions, was on my mind day and night. I couldn’t possibly wait it out and hope that COVID would be a best case scenario. I had always had the joy of doing something I loved and didn’t want to compromise that. I wanted to stay being creative. After all the new found time at home with my kids, I knew that working from home would be something I’d enjoy. Through much digging and soul searching, I realized in the previous years, though my oldest daughters interests, I too had become interested in coding. As a gift, our family had gotten her a game called Osmo, which is an introduction to code game,  for kids and I had shared a good time with her playing it. I understood that my introduction to code was very elementary and started to follow along, some tutorials and downloaded the latest version of python as to start thinking  about the many topics to cover. I read about algorithms and data structures and many, many languages and topics that led to getting discouraged about learning  on my own. At this point I’d been weeks into a rabbit hole of research  and I quickly realized, that coding would be something I’d enjoy doing for a living and wasn’t something I felt I couldn’t learn on my own. I started to looked at details of many boot camps to figure out  how I could accomplish the task, of having enough skills required, to make a living in such a competitive field. Many of the camps and ways to get the info in a way that I could afford and digest were mostly out of town. Finally, I found in my own home town, Miami, the university of Miami offered a full stack development bootcamp! University of Miami, full stack development bootcamp is fast paced, informative, and really hands on. It has been really great with assistance from teachers and tutors. Our professor and his assistant are both energetic and informative and they are really good about making sure we get the help and instructions we need as we move through the different projects. They’re respectful and humorous and it makes for a really active class. The students are really helpful towards each other which makes for a great learning environment. I would recommend this bootcamp to anyone looking for a career change or just looking to sharpen your web development skills if you’ve been doing the “self taught “ route and have some gaps in the info you’ve encountered. This a great camp for anyone looking to get into the world of web development!
    Wednesday, Feb 24 2021
    Thank you, Mike! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're not only happy to hear you're finding the boot camp to be informative and hands-on but that you're benefiting from the assistance of our entire instructional team. We strive to form a collaborative classroom environment so it's great to know you're also enjoying working with your classmates. We commend all the hard work you have dedicated thus far and look forward to helping you through the completion of the program!