the-firehose-project-logo

The Firehose Project

The Firehose Project

[The Firehose Project has been acquired by Trilogy Education.] The Firehose Project is a full-time, 22-week and part-time, 42-week online coding bootcamp that combines expert one-on-one training with a customized, robust curriculum and a worldwide student support community. Students start coding on day one and are paired with a senior software engineer mentor to build their coding skills. Students also have access to a proprietary Q&A forum and technical office hours. Graduates will develop algorithms, design complex data structures, and learn fundamental computer science principles while building a portfolio of advanced web applications that work with APIs, user authentication, advanced database relationships, video streaming, and more.

Firehose has also launched a new job track designed to prepare students with everything they need to optimize their job search as a new developer and make their transition from bootcamp graduate to employed developer as smooth and swift as possible. Firehose worked with technical recruiters, alumni, senior developers, and partnered with BrandYourself, the leader in online reputation management as seen on Shark Tank, to engineer a track that provides students with optimal job preparation resources.

Recent The Firehose Project Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (188) reviews for The Firehose Project →

Recent The Firehose Project News

Read all (8) articles about The Firehose Project →
  • Accelerated Software Engineering & Web Development Track

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby, SQL
    In PersonFull Time
    22-week program designed to help you become a professional software engineer.
    Tuition PlansPayment Plans Available

• Ashley Smith  User Photo
    Ashley Smith • RN • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I had tried learning a little bit of coding on my own and was struggling to change how I think because I am a nurse, not a programmer. Firehose was the first program I found that I completely understood and was learning enough from to be able to code! I have recommended some friends to the site as well and they are enjoying learning about coding now too. So glad I found it! I am changing careers now that I feel like this is actually something I can do!

• Lee DeCorby • Student

Easy to understand and enjoyable through the style of teaching. Creating a project from scratch and building a profile webpage while learning was extremely helpful and inspiring. The instructors are very knowledgable/experienced with humble attitudes creating a fun, relaxed and productive learing envirnonment. I will continue to progress because of this :).

• Kiiza Joseph Bazaare • QA Test Engineer • Student

I first learnt of The Firehose Project when I joined a course provided by Refugees on Rails Munich in April 2016. In the space of 5 months I covered basics on Ruby, HTML,CSS and a bit of Javascript. I also used there material for getting "Job ready". During this time I was a delivery driver for a food delivery service company. Using what I learn't from The Firehose Project and the mentors at Refugees on Rails, I was able to get an internship that later turned into a full time position at CLIQZ, a Munich based startup.

The way concepts are introduced and explained on the site made it very easy to learn general programming concepts that could be used to learn other programming languages.

The mentors always provided support when it was required and also left room for me to discover and learn on my own. This has helped me to always push myself to grow but also realize that I need help from others.

• Lucas Costa Barreto • Computer Engineer • Applicant

Althought I have some experience with programming, FireHose are helping me a lot. The videos are extremelly didatic and help developers of any level to get better. I have great expectations with the rest of the course. Thank you all.

• Highly recomended
    - 8/31/2017
    Eric • Electrician • Applicant

I didnt know what the "coding" link was on facebook but clicked any to do some exploring, and after following incredibly simple steps I found that I was half way through desiging an online portfolio.

I didnt relise how simple it could be and how much I actually enjoyed this which has created a new interest and new possabilities for me. Unfortunatly it is a hobby for me and I cannot afford to join the Firehose Project however I would highly recomend anyone who is looking to do a career in this field to join these guys.

The online support in incredible and not over bearing where they are annoying you. They are just there, friendly and ready to help.

10/10

• Pau • Software Enginner

I have been organizer and volunteer for the Refugees On Rails project in Munich, a coding school for refugees. Thanks to a partnership we have used solely the content in the Firehose project to teach our students Ruby and Ruby On Rails. We have been impressed by the quality of the different tracks and lessons and it has given us a lot of ideas to suggest extra exercises to our students. Moreover, we have been able to set a structured course to teach software development and provide the students with the right content at each step of the learning path.

I would strongly suggest the Firehose project to anybody willing to start the Web Development career path :)

• Alireza • Software Engineer • Graduate
    Thanks a lot to Firehose Project, by support of Firehose, we, teachers and students of Rormuc (Refugees on Rails - Munich) had very good content to teach and study Ruby and Ruby On Rails. Professional and technical instructions, examples, homeworks, all were what we found and used in Firehose Project. I recommend Firehose Project to all.
  • Rajas Pargaonkar • Web Developer • Student

I attended The Firehose Project from September 2016 up and until February 2017. I actually had to cut the course short because I got a job offer at a financial technology start-up almost two months before the course finished.

The training was great, and the reason I know that is because I was able to handle the programming challenge I was given by my eventual employer without too much difficulty. I had to create a small application in about three days, and TFHP was able to training me well enough that I could do it. I'm thrilled with the results.

As far as any downsides, I don't see any obvious ones. TFHP may be one of the few bootcamps that actually has an advanced track (Angular, React, SQL, APIs, to name a few) that helps you continue learning on your own.

I highly recommend the Firehose Project.

• Derek McCool • Student

I just recently finished the 2 week prep course at Firehose having already taken some Ruby courses on Treehouse. I really appreciated that there was feedback on some of the coding excercises.  I am only a day into the actual bootcamp at this point but I already feel like I am learning more than if I had been left to my own devices.  There are alot of people out there that will say why pay for a bootcamp when there are so many free resources out there.  Granted there are probably some that could effectively learn that way, I feel like alot of bad habits could be developed learning to code without regular feedback.  I am excited for this journey and I will write another review after I have completed the bootcamp.

• Excellent
    - 7/28/2017
    Guillaume Bihet

I have just spent two months comparing all available online bootcamps. In the end I selected two that involved a deeper approach that would include more computer science than traditional bootcamps. My preferences went to The Firehose Project but  I was still hesitating a bit until I followed their free prep course, which convinced me to go for the full program.  Everything is lively, well organized and presented, the challenges are interesting and rewarding, and the comunity forums active. I highly recommand it as a great introduction to html/css and Ruby.

• Bootcamp Prep
    - 7/28/2017
    Panamon • Student • Student

The Bootcamp Prep is a great introduction to their other courses. As someone who has never coded before I found it incredibly helpful that the videos give step by step instructions which makes it very easy to learn and follow along.

• Greg C. • Applicant

I am almost half way through The Firehose Project Bootcamp Prep Course. I just recently created and uploaded my first website to the Internet and it was a lot of fun doing it. There were a couple of times I became frustrated and stressed when I could not figure something out, but before reaching out for help I used troubleshooting skills I have developed over the years and either found a workaround or finally figured it out. I am more than willing to reach out for help when I am stuck, but I find that I learn a lot more when I try and find a solution by myself. Ken, Marco, Brita, and a couple of software engineers that work with Firehose have been a great support to me during the prep course thus far. It is nice having industry professionals evaluate my code and website (gregcorrigan.getforge.io) and their feedback is very helpful. I am hoping to be accepted in the full course in the next month or so and am looking forward to a change in careers.

• Asiya • Student

I've started my course in June this year, so somewhere in a middle of the programm now. It's amazingly well structured. From the very first lesson you deploy your web apps and make them not only functional but a good looking also. This is great. You can tell that curriculum is a very well thought and the Firehose Team are very responsive and attentive. When I got stuck with something and posted a question Ken Mazaika responded literraly in the next couple of minutes. Deffinetely recomend!