the-dev-masters-logo

The Dev Masters

Irvine, Los Angeles

The Dev Masters

The Dev Masters offers a 12-week, full-time course in data science in Irvine, California. Their data science bootcamp, Mastering Applied Data Science, is designed to cover the gap between academic learning and technical demand in the job market.

Students at Dev Masters are education enhancers, salary boosters, and career changers, learning Python for programming, machine learning, data visualization, and more. The goal of The Dev Masters is to build the next generation of entrepreneurs, data scientists, and software professionals, and they offer various scholarships to accomplish this goal. Students learn from a mentor team composed of experienced industry professionals that understand there is a very large gap between theoretical study, certification, and real job requirements in the current economy.

In The Dev Masters' applied labs, students ask questions of experts and solve programming issues while building real projects about topics like real estate, sports, online gambling, finance, and healthcare. Successful graduates will have a polished resume and LinkedIn to showcase their new skills to employers. The Dev Masters is owned by GBCS LLC, a software consulting group.

Recent The Dev Masters Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (23) reviews for The Dev Masters →

Recent The Dev Masters News

• Data Science for Professionals

LocationIrvine, Los Angeles
    Data Science for Professionals is a 5-day program designed for working professionals who oversee a team of data scientists and/or will be interacting with practitioners to guarantee the success of projects. This executive course allows professionals to understand the workflow, help identify problems as they arise in the workplace, & speak the language practitioners use. Our field experts explain which technologies are the newest & relevant to their industry. This course allows for the professionals to build their knowledge to apply these technologies to move forward in the implementation at their own company.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans are available.
    Refund / GuaranteeApply with Program Coordinator.
    ScholarshipApply with Program Coordinator.
    Prep WorkThere is a detailed Pre-Work available for those who do not have a programming or a statistical background. We would like for upcoming students to all be on the same expectations & level upon coming into the first day.
  • Mastering Applied Data Science

LocationIrvine, Los Angeles
    Mastering Applied Data Science is a project-driven course that will teach students the practical aspects of Data Science, such as collecting data by web scrapping, validation of information in data by data analysis, comparing models created by ML algorithms by interpreted metrics, and more. Additionally, we dive into the more enhanced aspects of data science by introducing topics, such as recommender systems, natural language processing (NPL), and Computer Vision, which are all in everyday applications of AI. Our classes provide background and insights while solidifying the ideals through hands-on in-class projects and in depth real life business projects. Students are expected to present their findings and documentations on their journey throughout their project and explain further on what would be their next step to solve the business problem.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans are available.
    Refund / GuaranteeNo refund after four (4) hours of training.
  • Mastering Applied Data Science with Deep Learning

LocationIrvine, Los Angeles
    Mastering Applied Data Science + Deep Learning is a project-driven course that will teach students the practical aspects of Data Science, such as collecting data by web scrapping, validation of information in data by data analysis, comparing models created by ML and DL algorithms by interpreted metrics, and more. Additionally, we dive into the more enhanced aspects of data science by introducing topics, such as recommender systems, natural language processing (NPL), Deep Learning, and Computer Vision, which are all in everyday applications of AI. Our classes provide background and insights while solidifying the ideals through hands-on in-class projects and in depth real life business projects. Students are expected to present their findings and documentations on their journey throughout their project and explain further on what would be their next step to solve the business problem.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans are available.
    Refund / GuaranteeNo refund after four (4) hours of training.
  • software engineer
    - 5/15/2018
    Jieli Chen  User Photo
    Jieli Chen • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I am attending 12-week data science lab program. It is very good. It is not  only just a course for learning but a program helping me solving problem and finding the answers of my questions.

• George McKinney  User Photo
    George McKinney • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended two workshops with The Dev Masters and gained an understanding of Data Science techniques and benefited from the Python development tools. I was surprised that I was able to quickly create charts from the sample dataset both online and in Visual Studio Code. I definitely recommend this team and will continue to pursue courses with The Dev Masters.

• Johann Piedras  User Photo
    Johann Piedras • SEO Manager • Student Verified via LinkedIn

When I first heard about Data Science I was immediately intrigued and sought out to learn more about the field. It didn't take long to find the DevMasters and I quickly learned why. The entire DM team is made up of people that practice track the Data Science scene, making them the perfect blend of educators and mentors.

• Paul  User Photo
    Paul • Data Scientist • Student Verified via LinkedIn

They provided a really well-structured course, and they offer a lot of help in learning the materials.

The course focus on practical data science skills and the course is quite extensive since the course utilizes weekend hours only. The instructors offer extra help during weekdays, which become a big help in learning. I’m a computer science student who was familiar with python before joining the course. The data science is a topic of my interest. However, with their proper guidance, I can stay interested and absorb the materials in three months time.

Thank you.

• disappointed
    - 8/23/2018
    Luis • Student

Hi, I'm Luis C.
    July 2017

I attended the 6-week course at a cost of $5800. Part of the reason for choosing thedevmasters was that they offered lifelong learning. They're nice people and they made me feel welcomed and capable. Having little experience with data it was a daunting task for sure but I felt confident because of their warmth and seeming knowledge.
    The classes were interesting and made me feel excited about the anticipation of being part of this great industry.

August 2018

I'm sitting here contemplating a job at McDonald's just so that I can pay all the money borrowed to pay for this waste of time. They didn't teach me anything that wasn't available online for free.
    Also, all the work done was saved in their student portal which was switched to their own platform that I can't access and all they seem to care about is looking good so that more people sign up for their classes.

They have improved their program but not $5600 better. They advertise offices in several places but in reality, they rent rooms for the day and are disorganized in every aspect imaginable.

• Natalia Folcini • Sr Strategy Analyst • Graduate

The DevMasters program was invaluable for me, it has allowed me to excel at interviews for data analyst and data scientist positions!

Projects are 100% hand-on and reflect real problems faced by companies. The support of the DevMasters team, in particular Sr Scientist Zia Khan, was crucial to succeeding in learning Python, data modeling, and advanced concepts in Data Science (such as Recommendation Systems, or Sentiment Analysis using Twitter Feeds.)

Thank you Arshad, Kate Ta, and the whole DevMasters team for a wonderful experience :))

-Natalia

• Nolan Werner • Graduate

DevMasters is a great course for providing one the foundation they need to break into the field of data science. The course starts by teaching you the fundamentals of programming and Python syntax and ends with introductory classes into the big picture material including, but not limited to, natural language processing, computer vision, and deep learning. While it is not required, if this is your first time programming or you are not very familiar with Python, I would recommend completing the free codeacademy python course beforehand just so the first few days of the course will not completely overwhelm you with brand new material.

The teachers are extremely knowledgeable about the subject matter and are very willing to address any questions/concerns you have.

After completing this program, I feel I have a solid foundation of the data science principles I need to continue learning and diving deeper into more advanced topics and projects.

• AQ • Engineer • Applicant

If you want a hands-on course that you can dig in and get almost instant benefits, then Dev Masters is a great course. The price - compared to others - is excellent and worth every penny. I just love that it's very hands on.

They also use the term Project Based Learning to describe the process which is a great description of what they do. The team is very competent and passionate about the material. They really want people to learn the material and they do this by having a course that is very focused and efficient. Give them a try and come to one of the meetups. You will certainly benefit.

• Patricia

My background: behavior analytics, education instruction, curriculum development

Prior to theDevMasters, I was learning through various online courses, with many left unfinished.  I researched and visited various computer schools and theDevMasters provided the best value for in-person instruction, and for obtaining skills in the shortest amount of time. The instructors impressed me with their technical skills, but I signed up after meeting the instructors.

The instructors here are not only experts in their field, but everyone I have met have been friendly, caring, and very patient. They truly care about their students and are very generous with their time.

Not only have I obtained technical skills in a fraction of the time, I'm enjoying my time and am grateful to have met with some incredible people - instructors and fellow students - who are not only highly skilled and talented but people whom I care for and respect.  This type of learning environment is not easy to find.  It also impresses me how the program and courses continue to evolve and change, with constant improvements and updates.

Thanks theDevMasters !  You've found a lifelong student here.

• Patricia • Student

Prior to theDevMasters, I was learning through various online courses, with many left unfinished.  I researched and visited various computer schools and theDevMasters provided the best value for in-person instruction, and for obtaining skills in the shortest amount of time. The instructors impressed me with their technical skills, but I signed up after meeting the instructors.

Thanks theDevMasters !  You've found a lifelong student here.

• Xavier • Graduate

I am an Information Systems graduate who found this course looking to extend my knowledge from undergrad. Specifically, I wanted to know more about Data as I became an enthusiast after working with a Customer Strategy team for my internship. I was not aware of the skill of Data Science so I was amazed at the topics the class covers such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning. I learned a variety of programming languages in undergrad like Java, PHP, and SQL so learning Python in the course was not too difficult. I really enjoyed the Project Based Learning portion of the course. The projects mimic real life cases you could face as a Data Scientist. These projects also give you experience in cleaning data, building predictive models, and feature engineering.

I highly recommend this course because of the great team you will get to learn from. If you never coded a day in your life or have no statistics background, this course is still for you. The DevMasters team will get you moving in the right direction to master Data Science. There is a lot of great knowledge to gain from this course if you are willing to put the time and effort to learn a new skill.