skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (336) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (8) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Antoniya Dimitrova • Graduate

I was a stay home mom with great ideas but outdated skills or at least that's how I felt when it came to looking for a job that was going to fulfill all my creative needs.  All the posting out there were requiring a skills I didn't have, using fancy terms that drove me away and discouraged me.  Then I accidently stumbled on Skillcrush Visual Design Blueprint right before my European vacation that I was going on with my 5 years old son.  I was immediately attracted to their promising offerings..."Learn how to code and get a high paying job" Wow it even rimes!  I have never taken any online courses just to be clear, so I told myself "Why not, what you have to loose?!"  So I enrolled in Visual Design Blueprint witch fit's in my Visual Artist background( drawing, sketching, illustrating). After all they were promising that the class are for total newbies and it will take about an hour a day.  Well it was PERFECT for me!  Although some lessons took me longer than hour... 😕 maybe because I was over thinking it or maybe because I was on Vacation😊 but every part of it is well planned and was packed only with the most important needed information.  I loved their Video tutorials with Randle (hope I spelled it correct)  Even though I had to pause them about 1000 times and watch them over and over again.  Hey I'm proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator this is not only a geek territory anymore... I'm in! 😄 They boosted my creativity, encouraged me and gave me plenty of resources to freelance at.  I would do it all over again!

• Review
    - 10/1/2019
    Marlon  User Photo
    Marlon • Student Verified via GitHub

Skillcrush walked me through web development really well. Lessons really helped me to get the grasp of the topic at hand. Retention was always there as you get to do things from past lessons and kind of connect it to where you currently are. Every thing was structured perfectly that it wasn't confusing and they won't put you through something you haven't studied yet.

• Sebrina R  User Photo
    Sebrina R • Student Verified via GitHub

I have a degree in Web Development, but it is really old & I've been "out of the game" so to speak for a very long time. Last year my love for web development & coding was reignited, so I set out to start learning on my own with help from a free online code camp. I ended up getting overwhelmed & frustrated & ended up giving up on it. The timing wasn't exactly good in my personal life to be doing that, but nonetheless I ended up throwing in the towel. Fast forward to a few months ago, I started searching schools & options again & came across Skillcrush & a few other options. After some time & consideration I ended up taking the leap with Skillcrush. I couldn't be happier with my choice! Even though I have a degree I felt that the BIT blueprint was the best option for me to not only learn everything I want to, but also get the help I need for career counseling. There is an incredible support system with Skillcrush & the curriculum is very easy to follow & understand. If you have a hard time understanding things, there's great staff & fellow students to help you on your way. My only regret about this whole thing is not finding Skillcrush sooner & taking the BIT blueprint course sooner!! I highly recommend them no matter what you're seeking out. They have a great method of teaching, curriculum, staff & attitude too! There are certainly trying times but knowing there is a great support system in place really helps you to keep moving forward. Also not only are they very affordable for working adults, but it's so flexible it allows you to keep doing what you need to do in life without a complete interruption to go back to school. I'm close to finishing Phase 1 in my BIT course, and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I highly recommend them if you are thinking about it!

• Jon Hocker  User Photo
    Jon Hocker • Student Verified via GitHub

I went back and forth for a few years trying to figure out if coding was for me or not. When I found Skillcrush, I immediately fell in love with everything... the ease of use, the explanations, the materials... it was like everything clicked and I knew this was the place that would help me change my career. As of this review, I'm about halfway through Phase 1 if the Break Into Tech Blueprint and I don't have enough good things to say about it - it's absolutely fantastic! The pace is GREAT. There are multiple ways to learn through videos, written examples, quizzes, projects, hands-on learning. IF you are on the fence about signing up, get off! It's time to sign up and change your career and life for the better!

• Jenny Line  User Photo
    Jenny Line • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I spent a long time agonising over how to get into coding and web development, after deciding I needed to retrain and take control over my career. I am not at the end of the course yet, but have already gained so much. The approach is really helpful, and the conversations and support I have had from the Skillcrush team has reassured me in many ways: That I can build a broad base and then specialise (so I don't waste my investment on something I later realise isn't quite what I wanted); that there is a community out there that is collaborative, supportive and responsive; and that I am part of a great movement to carve out space for diversity in tech!

The flexibility of the course (go at your own pace, all resources are available forever, Slack community for head-scratching moments and the option of more direct support) really works alongside a busy lifestyle. The way the course is structured also forces you to apply what you've learned and use your new skills. I'm confident this is the right starting point for a career reboot. Thank you Skillcrush!

• Perfect for me♥
    - 4/11/2019
    Leslie Kurchyk  User Photo
    Leslie Kurchyk • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I must say, it was hard to find the courage to break into tech if you have studied philology before, but Skillcrush did convince me that the main point here is - motivation, persistence, and belief in yourself. The course is well structured and perfect for those who don't have the whole day for study, for me - I have only 1 hour/ day max. and some free time on the weekend. It is very thoughtful and convenient that if I go for vacation e.g  I can postpone the payment for the time I'm not studying.

Best choice for me!

• Amanda Mac  User Photo
    Amanda Mac • Web Development and Design Student at Skillcrush • Student Verified via GitHub

I knew I wanted to "break into tech", so I was happy to find the "Break Into Tech Blueprint" at Skillcrush.com. I not only found the program to be very affordable compared to others that I looked at, but I also find that every class I take is fun! The videos are easy to watch and understand, and the assignments really help me build confidence in my new skills. I've been in class for just one month, and have already launched my own website.  I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking for a web development and design class that will keep you engaged, and build your knowledge of coding from the ground up.

• Works for me!
    - 12/5/2018
    Rebecca  User Photo
    Rebecca • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Though I do not recall receivint an e-mail each morning with goals for the day as is described here about the Skillcrush course, I still highly recommend it. I have tried other video courses that have been much more confusing and not as whole-picture goal achieving and supportive as this course is. With Skillcrush, it is expected that one goes at a MUCH quicker pace than I have, but I can finally say I know how to code a website using html and css with confidence and am finally starting real work building websites--a goal I have had for the last 7 years! I started my journey with an online community college course in html 7 years ago which I did not finish, then I was 2 courses short of a Certificate of Website Design in New York State from "brick-and-mortar" classes at Noble Desktop in Soho, but those courses were cookie cutter step one do this, step 2 do that and I got a general understanding of web design, but not proficiency and certainly not the confidence to code my own site! I've also started and not completed courses on Lynda.com and Udemy. Skillcrush is different because it is clear and it has a pattern of video, repeat in words what's on the video, then exercises and the occasional quiz that I find sticks with me to recall what I need to know to succeed.

• Shayla Duval  User Photo
    Shayla Duval • Freelance Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I don't think I got the full Skillcrush experience (there was some technical difficulty at the beginning and I never recieved class emails, etc.), so I can only speak about the course material itself... which is fantastic. If you're a self-directed learner and you're motivated, these courses are perfect for learning at your own pace.

I was solid enough with HTML/CSS (and had a basic understanding of WordPress) that I jumped the gun and took on a paid WordPress design job right at the start of the first course. I ended up blitzing through the beginner and advanced WordPress course in two weeks and it gave me all the info I needed to get the job done well. Also, adding in the Git/GitHub course was one of those things I never even knew I needed, but it's come in really handy.

Since finishing the course (which I don't know if I even technically marked as completed on Skillcrush), I've learned so much more on my own, but the Skillcrush courses gave me a really solid starting point and a resource I could come back to again and again.

My only "complaint" is the way Skillcrush packages its courses together, rather than letting them simply flow as options from one to the next for continued learning. For example, if after completing this course package I had had the option to enroll in another single course like using Sass/Gulp/Bootstrap or "everything you need to know about hosting servers" (DNS records, HTTPS<HTTP, .htaccess files, etc.), I couldn't have given them my money fast enough.

I haven't tried the job coaching part of Skillcrush or working with the instructors/community, which is a bit of a bummer since I know that's part of the deal, but hopefully I'll come back to it at some point. To be honest, I've been pretty busy taking on work. :)

My website hasn't been updated since before I took the courses, but hopefully by the end of 2018 I'll have time to put up my portfolio and a new layout at www.shayladuval.ca

• Kandis  User Photo
    Kandis • Student Verified via GitHub

I considered signing up for Skillcrush for a couple months before finally doing it. I tried using a Udemy front-end dev class, did a free JavaScript class through flatironschool, and created a WordPress blog. The Udemy course was the closest I came to feeling like I was actually preparing for the real world, but the level of instruction and the community just wasn't enough for me.

I signed up for the Skillcrush Break-Into-Tech blueprint a couple weeks ago and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice. I'm on my final project for the first class of the "foundation" section (HTML/CSS), and I've already created a couple projects to add to my portfolio (see https://www.kandisflick.com and https://codepen.io/kj0y/pen/YOJdJy). I'm learning so much more efficiently than I was on my own.

Last, but not least, the community is amazing. I've posted both of my projects on the community's Slack channel and have gotten only respectful feedback. Trolls aren't allowed in this community. It's also largely female, which probably helps with that!

• Changing Careers
    - 9/10/2018
    Carla Mendes  User Photo
    Carla Mendes • Financial Controller • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I've been taking the "Break Into Tech Blueprint" for almost two months. So far I've been thrilled.

Skillcrush helps out totally newbies and people like me, lets them know that it's ok to not be ok in our current jobs, and it IS possible to change this.

I have loved every single video, every single "check" on my list and I am looking forward to see what's coming next. I feel like everyday I'm learning more and more things and the progress has been undeniable, not only seen by me but also people I talk to about it, some of them professionals already in the area.

I ahve no idea where this "Break into Tech" is going to lead me, but I'm really glad I took the ride!

• Teni C.  User Photo
    Teni C. • Student Verified via GitHub

I say ‘timely’ because I happened upon Skillcrush completely by chance, during a rough time in my career, and I almost wish I had found it sooner.

Despite my lingering self-doubt in my ability to learn coding and development skills, I was convinced that they were worthwhile skills to learn, and the pitch for the Break Into Tech Blueprint was too enticing to pass up. I’m happy to say that Skillcrush has helped start to quench that self-doubt, and that ~5 months after beginning my blueprint I can officially add “Front-end Development,” “WordPress Development,” and “Visual Design” to my skillset.

The lessons were easy to digest, and the right balance of videos, text, challenges, tutorials, resources, and quizzes – all of which helped with practicing and retaining the materials. I got the right support from my instructors when needed, where they not only helped me work thru any challenges with my code, but highlighted how to approach the same problems in the future. I also appreciated how my instructors and classmates provided design feedback in a way that challenged my choices and perspectives, but without feeling rigged, prescriptive, or overbearing.

Right now, my next step is using the skills I’ve learned from Phase 1 and 3 to begin freelancing and searching for other fulfilling jobs as I work thru Phase 3. But I feel more optimistic about my future now than I was earlier this year, and more confident that I’ll find what I’m looking for, so I have the Skillcrush team and community to fully thank for that.

(Also -- for anyone who is unsure about taking the course, try the free Bootcamp course first like I did; it’s a glimpse of what the lessons actually look and feel like, and it was what ultimately convinced me to enroll into the full blueprint).

• Maria Wright  User Photo
    Maria Wright • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I joined Break Into Tech Blueprint about a month ago, and I can't believe how much I have learned in this short time.

I've taken many online classes, but Skillcrush really has a unique learning environment like no other I've seen. There is variety between short videos, text, hands-on exercises, and quizzes, as well as larger projects.

I've also really enjoyed the support from the Slack community - the students are really supportive and the instructors are always there to answer any questions. I have had my first career counseling appointment, and was able to talk to someone further down the road from me who answered my questions and helped me know what is possible.

Most coding schools are 10x the cost of Skillcrush. I can't believe the value that I am getting.

• Theresa  User Photo
    Theresa • Student Verified via GitHub

The Skillcrush course is a great course to get into tech and especially what I really find great is the practical approach. There are lots of exercises, but not just to code for fun, it is always related to your personal project. For instance, you start developing a design for your portfolio website and later you learn how to program it. You will also have real clients you are doing projects for. So you can actually earn some money already. The Break into Tech Blueprint (i got a subscription with lifetime access) you can actually start with basic courses and later learn any other coding language.

What is also great with the course is the support! You have a great community where you can ask and answer questions and there is also always a teacher responding. But there are also personal chatting sessions with a teacher or other class mates.

• Tatianna P.  User Photo
    Tatianna P. • Student Verified via GitHub

Stumbling across Skillcrush had to have been the best possible thing to happen to me in my life. I took a whole course in front-end web development and didn't feel as confident coding as I do with only taking part of Skillcrush for a week!! I absolutely love the videos and resources provided in each lesson and I can't wait to learn much more. Thank you for such a great path to bring more women into tech.

• Precious   User Photo
    Precious Verified via GitHub

I am interested in changing careers to become a front-end developer and I was looking into different tech boot camps that would help me level-up my skills. However, most were out of my price range AND required me to quit my job. Then I discovered Skillcrush. Even though it is self-paced, there is accountability, sound guidance, and a great sense of camaraderie.

• Angela Barnes  User Photo
    Angela Barnes • Student Verified via GitHub

I am new to the tech industry so I was nervous starting with Skillcrush, but it really has been so welcoming. There is always someone willing to help from instructors to fellow students. The culture here is fun, energetic, and genuinely caring. I would suggest Skillcrush to anyone. I love it so far!

• Rose  User Photo
    Rose • Student Verified via GitHub

I was totally hesitant about signing up for Skillcrush. I really couldn't imagine what it had to offer that isn't on all the other free sites. Having signed up, I can tell you that there's a huge difference. Skillcrush has a very systematic approach towards not just teaching coding but teaching it in a way that leads to acquiring job-relevant skills. I had read that there is too much hand-holding with the Skillcrush curriculum that would slow personal growth but I find that there is just enough hand-holding mixed with some challenging exercises to ensure you flex those coding muscles and to grow. Skillcrush also has a really awesome and supportive community, I don't ever feel alone and know that as tasks get harder and harder, I will find the support that I need. If I have only one regret, it's that I didn't sign up sooner :(. I don't know about job assistance as yet as I have not reached that phase of things but if everything continues as it is now, I expect to be very satisfied then too so I have rated it 5 in advance haha.

• Nhung Le  User Photo
    Nhung Le • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Skillcrush took the money from me for the course that I don't want to be in and not giving me the money back. I tried to contact Skillcrush for a refund but they refused. Now they are charging me around $200 every month for the course  that I'm not using.

I already made 9 month payment for them. I had to contact my credit card company to stop paying for Skillcrush. After that, Skillcrush blocked me from the course without notifications. When I called them on the phone, it went straight to their voicemail. I feel like they didn't want to deal with me in person.

I feel like this company is treating me unfairly and oppressively. They care more about the money than helping women.

• Tomilynn Rando  User Photo
    Tomilynn Rando • Student Verified via LinkedIn

My experience so far with skillcrush has been a great! Not having any previous experience in web design I have to say it is taking me a little longer than I expected. The lessons however explain everything in great detail and if I am stuck I can generally find an answer on groups or with an instructor who is online when I am doing the lessons and I have found the response to be fairly quick. I have also done some zoom meetings and have found them to be very helpful as well. I am looking forward to the next lesson.

• Colleen Sexton  User Photo
    Colleen Sexton • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I found Skillcrush while on a mission to learn marketable skills, after changing careers. I am so glad that I did! I have to admit that at first, I doubted the credibility of the site because of the cheerful music and happy instructors. But I was very quickly proved wrong, because this site is just as professional and informative as other, more...boring sites.

I love the instructional design. Skillcrush uses videos and they provide the transcripts, which is great, in case you want to go back over a point from the video without watching the whole thing again. There are great cheatsheets to download for HTML and CSS, which are much more organized than my own notes. Everything is clearly explained, and there is redundancy, which helps me learn.

Response time is excellent. In my experience, any questions that I have sent in have been replied to very promptly, and there is an actual person responding.

There are video chat times available that I find very helpful. It's a great way to feel like you are in this with other people, but you can learn on your own schedule. For me, this is the most valuable aspect of Skillcrush.

Keep up the most excellent work, Skillcrush!

• Carlos Sengo  User Photo
    Carlos Sengo • Duty manager • Student Verified via LinkedIn

For a long time that I was looking into changing my carrer, I reserached online and most of the code schools I found weren't really clear or to some extend trustwhorthy. Then I found SkillCrush. After looking into it I finally decided to apply to All-Access BluePrint.

As a complete newbie to the tech industry was a bit overwhelming to start, but the way the course is bulid it really made it easy to learn. Furthermore the help given by all instructors is great, they are really there for you giving you insightful support.

I'm almost finalizing 107 blueprint and I couldn't be happier.

• Erika Price  User Photo
    Erika Price • Head of Marketing and Operations Verified via LinkedIn

I was initially intrigued to try Skillcrush because I found the 10 minute demo to be informative and captivating. The course has not disappointed! I'm enjoying the All Access class because they have pre-determined which courses I need and the best order to take them. I began with Visual Design and have now advanced through HTML and CSS.

The Visual Design class taught some design concepts and some technical tools. Although I've bumbled through Photoshop in the past, it's great to actually understand what it's all about. It's such a feature-rich tool that it was incredibly helpful to have guided instruction focusing my learning on the most important tools.

My favorite part about the class is the mix of video, text, and hands-on work. It toggles between all three which keeps me from getting bored which can so easily happen in an online class. Skillcrush is also very good about pointing you to all the extra online free resources (code validators, fonts, icons, etc.) you'll need to one day function on your own. There is also great support through both Google groups and online check-in calls where you can meet, as questions, and share your work with instructors and fellow students.

I'm not yet launched into the world of web design and coding, but based on my excellent experience thus far, I fully believe that I will be landing jobs before this class is over.

• Sabrina Danielle Green  User Photo
    Sabrina Danielle Green • Student/Unemployed, but hopefully not long • Student Verified via GitHub

Skillcrush is an excellent resource for aspiring web professionals. The online learning environment introduces the material in a manner that is very easy for someone without any prior knowledge to understand. The instructors then help you retain that information by having you consistently recall the skills learned throughout the course with fun and challenging exercises.

Skillcrush also helps you learn the professional lingo and "best practices" of a web professional which helps you feel like a competent insider in no time. I’m a very detailed oriented person; I like to know that I have all the pieces to complete the big picture.
    They provide you with everything you need to know without making you feel overwhelmed.

The quick reference documents provided with the lessons are an invaluable tool; I often refer to them while completing projects. The staff/instuctors are very encouraging, knowledgeable, and available to aid students whenever needed.