skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (333) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (8) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Rolling Start Date
    Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Make 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / Guarantee
    We’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

$549
    Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Refund / Guarantee
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

$549
    Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    $699
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Make 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    $549
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
    Refund / Guarantee
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

$549
    Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Comfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    $549
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    $549
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    $549
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Refund / Guarantee
    A solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
    Interview

I'm currently enrolled in the Web Development Blueprint, and can't say enough good things about this curriculum. The syllabus provides detailed info on what is expected daily for the coursework, and even with a full time job, I am able to complete my daily assignments. Skillcrush provide shelpful handouts to review as well as resources to research on your own time. Teachers are available for questions throughtout the program, and always accessible. I had prior knowledge of HTML & CSS coding, which has been helpful for me in this class; however I feel you could excel with this class with no prior knowledge. I have already applied what I have learned to projects in my current job, and feel much more confident in my coding abiities. Skillcrush reps have sent us mulitple ways to get jobs in the industry as well.

• Amy Dang • Student

Skillscrush lesson makes learning tech a piece of cake. It's the way they deliver the lesson. I am only my 2nd week in the blueprint, and I already feel that once I am done with the blue print, I will be ready to go out there and start my career in tech.

I strongly recommend SkillCrush to anyone who wants to start a tech career.

• Martin Slack • Student

Although I have been developing Wordpress sites for several years, I was so pleased that I started the Skillcrush Wordpress Developer Blueprint right at the beginning.

It is extremely thorough and teaches all the HTML5 and CSS best practices.

The curriculum is very well designed to suite individual needs and time availability. You can go at your own pace, fast or slow, steady or bursts and the Google Group provides support for everyone.

Ultimately, the series of courses is designed to give you the skills and experience to work as a freelance WP Developer.

The month-by-month career plan has been carefully thought through to cover all the steps needed to prepare you for a career as a freelancer.

Most importantly, it is slowly but surely giving me the confidence to be able to call myself a developer.

• Lisa Dodson

The daily breakdown in the curriculum is great.  It helps me feel accomplished when I can complete a day and commit changes! It also logically builds upon skills from day to day.  I have not had much need or opportunity to participate in the Google Hangouts/Zoom face to face office hours; however, the instructors are really good at responding to questions in the class's Google Group.  When I hit a roadblock, I never have to wait very long to get guidance on how to fix things.

I had been looking a Skillcrush for a while and after attending a day-long virtual conference that they held, I decided to take the plunge with the Wordpress Developer Blueprint.  No regrets!  I was already slightly familiar with WP but sort of fumbled through it, I feel like I'm actually learning it as a developer and learning coding skills instead of just plugging things into fields through the WP admin.

I haven't had much opportuntity to explore job assistance yet unless this means the resume building webinar, so I can't give it 5 stars yet.

• Sherry • Student

I love how easy the classes are to follow. I went in skeptic thinking that it would bore me to death like other online courses out there but I WAS SO WRONG! Now I'm loving every second of it learning. It's the first time I'm taking a course and actually enjoying learning. the courses are so engaging that I'm speeding through the course.

**I'm giving 3 stars for instructor rating just because I haven't talked to any of them but they replied so fast when I asked a question before going into the program which is a ++

• Kari • Copywriter + Visual Designer • Student

I'm really happy that I chose to go with Skillcrush. I was totally frustrated by my current freelance writing career and wanted a course that would give me basic design skills and provide learning support throughout.

I chose freelance because they provided so much value and cheerfulness up front, through webinars, e-books and emails. It sounded like a guided learning experience from people who cared about their community, which is so much more helpful than courses where you're left on your own.

The classes taught me the basics of Adobe design tools and my instructors gave really helpful feedback. It was fun, and the course materials gave me a clear sense of how to do each project. I even got my first job involving these skills before the end of the class, so I have a lot more confidence going forward.

*My one recommendation would be to just *talk about* responsive wireframing -- I have no idea whether for apps or games we'll have to start on different-sized canvases, and my first job involves wireframing and everyone's so insistent on responsiveness in job posts.

• Jesselynn Amerling • Jr. Developer

I have completed Skillcrush's Front End Developer and Visual Designer blueprints. They were both awesome! I really like how Skillcrush holds your hand (virtually) through all kinds of tools and concepts. They shrink down complicated procedures and have students do small chunks at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed. I didn't have to spend much time Googling answers to questions because they were already there! (Of course, you can always ask an instructor too).

Now I have a job as a Jr. Developer that I feel extremely lucky to have AND I'm about to dip my toes in freelance design work. I'm super excited to go back through some of the tutorials, especially JavaScript, and review some lessons so I can add more skills to my resume :)

I wish I had some constructive critisicm.. All I can say is please make more curriculum! I think I saw a Ruby on Rails blueprint way back when? Let's bring that back.

• Mark • Freelance Consultant

As someone with an engineering technical background, as business owner and a practicing artist, I had very little previous experience with the meta-world of applied web design. The course was a great introduction and overview of the work flow, design processes, terminology, software tools and design resources needed to begin either professional-level work as a junior web designer or as an overview to support other Information Design objectives. Highly recommended.

• SkillCrush
    - 12/22/2016
    Esther Maxwell • Entrepreneur Freelance Graphic Designer

Learning to Code/Design/Enter the incredible world of technology. The structure is sound & well balanced in this course. Step-by-step instructions & set up in bits & pieces so you can absorb it well while practicing it. The team & teacher support here is fantastic & they keep tabs well with you, as well as respective classmates. Look forward to this course if you register, you will not regret the decision you make to delve into this & this industry in specific.

Cheers & Happy Coding,

Esther Maxwell

• Kirsten DiVito • Student

These courses are broken down into baby steps with fun lesson challenges. It allows people who have no experience coding to get started and not become overwhelemed. There are lots of books and youtube videoes, blogs, etc... out there that you can try to learn how to code from but Skillcrush makes learning code so much more attainable with its easy to understand course work. Also, lots of support from other students and instructors when needed! I've tried to teach myself html & CSS from other resources in the past and ended up feeling defeated and confused. I am very happy to have found Skillcrush!

• Matt Mortensen

Skillcrush was amazaing at not only teaching me the syntax and structure of programming but also the concepts that most don't think about when starting in the tech industry, like web hosting, using photoshop to help build your website, etc. I think the biggest take away for me was the groups of people I got to interact with on a daily basis. I always thought posting and replying on forms was such a taunting task that I convinced myself to reaserch for hours until I found my answer but thanks to the Instructors making it seem so painless and easy to ask questions, I was able to finally overcome that fear and now I actually enjoy commenting, and posting on forms. I would defitnely recommend this to anyone who's wanting to step into the tech industry.

• Kim • Video Producer • Student

I am on my second Skillcrush Blueprint - I did the Web Developer one and I'm now doing their Front End Developer Blueprint. I love how the courses are so upbeat and encourage you to keep you going. They take what might be seen as complicated topics and show you that you can do it. After doing a lesson I always feel like I've learned a lot without the frustration typical of other online coding courses. I think the pricing is great for what you get and I love being part of a community that starts and ends at the same time.

• Cathy Deane • Student

I enjoy doing Skillcrush interactive lessons. They are so easy to learn the steps and to learn the formulas. I am taking Front End Developer Blue Print. Which I didn't know anything about and Skillcrush is making it so easy to learn from A to Z. I will be also taking WordPress Blue Print. Can't wait, I want to get the best training out of both programs, so I can land that career I always wanted.

• Carlos Chico • Student

Skillcrush Review

Give Us Feedback On Your Experience With Skillcrush

Skillcrush 101, 102, 104: Html, Css, JavaScript, Command Line, Git, & *Ruby Programming.

Carlos M. Chico

Summary

Skillcrush provides its students an empowering and friendly experience while facilitating the advancement of students’ skills into tech in a very simple, interactive, and real-tech hands on experience. I came to Skillcrush with a failed fancy four-year university bachelors degree. The Skillcrush team went three x above my expectations. I do not feel like a muggle any more, but confident in the real-tech skills I earned, or at any rate acquired through the Skillcrush team. I recommend Skillcrush 100%.

Critique

Skillcrush tech skills and experience in a systems overview:

INPUT

OUTPUT

·      Real-Tech Skills

·      Confidence in Programming

·      -Beyond- Entry Level Tech Ready

My experience at Skillcrush has empowered me to build websites, write in html web pages, use CSS to make sites look better, develop programs with JavaScript, jQuery, apps with Ruby programming and ready for a career in tech. I am delighted to recommend Skillcrush!

• Thelma

I love that the lessons are broken down into simple chunks that are easily digestible. Lessons are simplified via the short videos that are fun and broken down for non-techy types. More advanced students might find these explanations too simplistic but I feel that learning should be accessible, especially for people who are looking to change careers and are possibly treading on uncharted territory.

The quizzes are a great way to reinforce learning. I found myself high-fiving myself with each one that I scored 100% and even 86%!

I do think that the Photoshop lesson should either be updated, expanded, or offered as its own standalone course. Perhaps it could included expanded lessons on wireframing. It definitely needs to be updated for Adobe CC, as it's the latest iteration of Adobe products.

Google Groups is a pain to use. It's visually confusing and not user-friendly. Maybe Slack or another alternative forum like a private Facebook Group would work better for group communications.

Despite Google Groups' shortcomings - IMO - I love that the instructors are open to being emailed via the official email. It's great knowing that there's someone who can answer a question as an alternative.

I highly recommend Skillcrush to anyone looking to get their feet wet or even leaving the kiddie pool for the deep end.

• Laurentia Wehmeyer • Consultant - design, marketing and development • Graduate

This was the best course I could have signed up for. The first time in my adult life I enrolled into a creative course and it was fantastic. I enjoyed it sooooo much. It was a tough learning curve getting to know new terms and tools but I am sure it will be beneficial in my career forward. The videos were very helpful, the content was well and logically structured. The class project test our new skills and the instructors were very helpful in guiding us to understand what could be done better without saying do it like this or changes this like that; putting us in charge and in full control of our end results.  I would highly recommend this course!

• Lynne Most • Front End Web Dev and Designer • Student

I'm loving Skillcrush! Besides getting excellent instruction via both video and written lessons enabling you to see how, when and why to do things along with immediate opportunities to put the knowledge into practice, the presentations are fun, friendly and encouraging. I love the non-techy terminology too.

But the icing on the cupcake is that I feel like I've joined a special club of smart and witty women. I know there are guy students too (and I'm happy they are there), but it definitely has a "girlfriend" feel to it and that's a big part of what attracted me.

The only thing I'd change would be to make the video intro music a little shorter. It's catchy and I really like the tune, but 3 months of it is probably going to be a bit much. Truthfully, I'm not tired of it yet - but I'm only 2 weeks in to the course :)

• SO HAPPY!
    - 12/7/2016
    Carla • Graphic Designer

I am so happy and grateful to have found this course! I'm working on the Front End Developer part of the bootcamp course and I'm so excited to learn new things everyday. Suddenly things make sense! Also considering my current work situation, Skilcrush has really helped me build my confidence back up.

I cannot recommend Skillcrush enough, it has the right mix of videos, visuals and reading to help you understand all that is involved.

• Awesome Course!
    - 12/6/2016
    Mitch B. • Student

Web development and computer language is something that I have long been interested in learning.  This course has been awesome so far, and I love being able to learn with it at my own pace.  Being able to go back over a past lesson anytime to freshen up is cool too.

I can't wait to start applying these skill to my current ventures as well as new ones to come.  We can never be too skilled or too valuable....this educational platform is an incredible value and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Jarquis

Im currently going through the front-end delevoper part of the Wordpress Bootcamp. I literally have no coding experience and tried to take a programming class when I was enrolled in college. Even though I've always had a interest in learning the inner workings of how the internet and software works, I thought the class was way too complex and in a sense scared me away from coding. Joining Skillcrush is looking like one of the best decisions I've ever made because for one, the breakdown of each lesson in the videos,so far, has been very comprehensive. She keeps the concepts simple. My favorite part of the program is the video transcripts. It's great for me because I learn by writing notes, so not only do I get to hear and see the lesson, but also I'm reading it as well. Plus, after each video, a more detailed overview of the video before the actual practice gets done. Plus they provide reference sites for jobs in the tech field. And though I haven't use the google forums, just by looking at some through my email it seems the instructors always reply and are extremely helpful.

• Christina Rivera • Student
    I look forward to skillcrush everyday! And I anticipate a great career coding for life.
  • Phoebe • SEO specialist • Graduate

Before finding Skillcrush, I had been dabbling in numerous websites trying to learn bits and pieces of HTML, CSS and other back end languages.

The problem is that I didn't really know what to do with my knowledge, like how to get it up and running and how to use a text editor. Skillcrush guides you through all of that and sets you up so you learn in a fun and comfortable way.

The benefits of Skillcrush is that you learn the fundamental and basics, but you really learn it as everything is described to you in bite sized digetable chunks.I work a full time 40 hour work week and I still find myself looking forward to coming home and spending an hour or so learning to code.

I say this package is worth it if you just need some motivation or that extra push!

While I don't think Skillcrush teaches you everything you need to know (that's impossible anyway!), I do think their blueprints lay our a really good foundaiton to build on in future so you can understand concepts better during your coding journey.

Bonus: They have really great instructors who answer your questions when needed!

• Matt • Student

So I tried my hand at another front end dev course and got lost and no help from the staff, and a lot of it was TL;DR. Skillcrush was this wake up I needed with Adda on video lecture breaking the lesson down, Barney style for me and then jumping into the practical after the talk. That is how I learn, with a crawl, walk, run approach.  If you want to break into a tech job on the cheep, this is how you do it. Its kinda like learning from your big sister. And thats not always a bad thing.

• Loved my blueprint
    - 11/25/2016
    Enise Anas

I started my visual design blueprint this past June and just recently was able to graduate due to life circumstances. But I would highly recommend it due to the following:

1. Great structure, easy to apply and go at your own pace.

2. Coursework is appropriate for beginners and have great group support through Google groups.

3. The resources provided are valuable and definitely helped me achieve a great sense of security about where to go next.

• Kristina • knicolebeck@gmail.com • Student

I am currently in the middle of the Web Design Blueprint. I had some basics down for HTML5 & CSS but I was needing more and really unsure of where to even start with all the information on the internet. Skillcrush has provided me with the structure I was seeking and is much more current than the college Web Design class was enrolled in last semester.

I really am enjoying the Skillcrush Blueprint and would absolutely take more Blueprints or single classes in the future from them.