skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
    - 8/12/2021
    Tom Bumgardner
    Skillcrush is awesome! I can move at my own pace and when I have time. The lessons are easy to absorb and can always be referenced at a later time with the lifetime access. Worth every penny! Great way to get your skills up to date quickly.
  • Devorah Fuchs • UX Designer • Graduate
    The Skillcrush Break into Tech course is made up of 21 classes to train (women) to enter the tech world. I received a free promotion of the User Experience Design courses.

The classes are great; interesting, concise, and informative. Skillcrush excels in career advice and mentorship. Direct access to tutors by email and zoom to answer questions and review assignments. There is also help with writing a resume, creating a portfolio, and the other steps necessary to break into a totally new career.

I am very happy that I invested in this course and recommend it without reservations.
  • Break into Tech
    - 7/27/2021
    Minette Combrink • Student
    For someone who has no tech background, I find this course really great, because they make an extra effort to help you nderstand and make the whole experience fun. Can really recommend!
  • Tosha Orr • Student
    Teaches you layout and navigation, Wireframing, Grids, Colors and Typography, Look and Feel, UI Design, Web Graphics and Adobe XD
  • Liz • Student
    The curriculum is organized in a very intuitive and easy to follow manner, with a lot more resources than I had hoped to be provided. The instructors and counselors are really quick to respond, very encouraging, and are like awesome coaches. I really get a sense that the culture at Skillcrush is super supportive and truly wants everyone to succeed. I have not looked for a job yet, but have a feeling that the team would also be very helpful. I feel very blessed to have found Skillcrush and look forward to continue learning from the school. Thank you Skillcrush!
  • Thomas Hurrie • Student • Student
    Before starting Skillcrush, I had tried a few other paths including free code camp, Kahn Academy, and a Google Certificate via Coursera. I have found Skillcrush instruction to be the best and the price is very affordable compared to some of the other coding boot camps out there. Also, 1 on 1 mentoring is unheard of at this price point. I have progressed faster than ever through this program and am confident I will be job ready upon completion.
  • Michelle • Student
    This blueprint has been very helpful and informative. I have finally discovered what I would like to do with my life and this program from Skillcrush really helped me! I am almost finished with the program and am so excited to begin work. The program was very thorough, user-friendly, and a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend this program and look forward to learning more with Skillcrush soon!
  • HTML & CSS
    - 4/20/2021
    Emily A. Almond • Student
    I've had a lot of professional training in my career, in addition to my Master's degree, and hands down Skillcrush is one of the most effective, efficient and enjoyable learning experiences I've had. It's accessible and iterative. The curriculum is organized in digestible chunks - each lesson builds on the previous one, so new and technical coursework never seems intimidating. The Skillcrush team are also super responsive on Slack, in live Q&A sessions and over email. I've been in plenty of University classes where I was basically ignored.. this is the opposite of that. Finally, the documentation is top-notch. Notes, cheat sheets, articles.. it's all available and I've already started cobbling together my own reference library from their knowledge bases. I think this class is a bargain.
  • Taylor • Student
    Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my experience thus far at Skillcrush. The HTML & CSS course was a lot of fun while also being very informative. The instructors are all super helpful and provide a multitude of resources.
    If I had to offer feedback for one thing, however, I think having more exercises and practices would be great. This is kind of a small nitpick though as Skillcrush definitely offers various websites that have additional information and exercises. Also the student community and instructors are readily available. The Coding Camp offered for free is also great for anyone who wants to dip their toes into the world of coding.
  • Sen • Student
    This course is not cheap, but it’s worth every penny!!

I joined the Break into Tech course after trying out their free bootcamp. I was hooked after the bootcamp and couldn’t get Skillcrush off my mind. After a few years of wanting to learn to code but never really getting it, Skillcrush was the first course that really allowed me to understand what was going on. I decided to invest and have not regretted one bit.

They teach really well and put a lot of heart, effort and thinking into how to make it better and better, and it shows. They structure lessons into bite-sized pieces, easy to understand, really digestable, and give you opportunities to practice at the right point to help build up your skill level.

What’s even more amazing is that they give you feedback and reassurances at just the right point of time too to make sure you don’t lose confidence in yourself (which is easy to happen giving you’re learning something new and so technical), plus they regularly ask you for comments to see what’s on your mind and help you out. And they use your feedback to continuously improve their course!

The instructors provide really timely feedback (within 12 hours in my own experience) and it’s not just a template response. When you have specific issues in mind, they really can help you out by answering you directly or pointing you in the right direction.

I also like their idea of fast-track paths to keep us in focus in learning one major skill first. I have a tendency to wander around and without their fast-track concept I would have been going all over trying to learn everything, but in the end not really being able to learn anything. But their fast-track path sets out clear steps and I just have to follow.

Some people might say you can get the same content for free online, which is probably true, but without this structured curriculum and support, it’s not easy to learn. I think I’m paying especially for the Skillcrush’s team in deciding HOW to teach us, which has definitely lowered the threshold for learning tech.

Really I just have good things to say about them - it is a worthwhile purchase!
  • Clarice • Student
    I was so reluctant to commit to a paid bootcamp, I found difficult to imagine why it would be better than learning with free resources. I took the free course offered by Skillcrush and we clicked. Also they were offering everything that I lacked with free courses: structure, support and a clear path to achieve my goals. I signed up for the Break Into Tech Blueprint and I just finished the first part of the Front-end dev fast track. I'm so glad with my decision to join! Now I understand what all the great reviews are all about. They give you all the very important fundamental pieces you need in order to understand what are you doing and why. They check in with you frequently and the slack community is super friendly. I'm so happy that I'm finally learning things properly, it's such a relief!
    P.S: In case you are not a beginner: I've been teaching myself how to code for the past year from C to Python and game dev. I find the pace and level of the course very good.