skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Martine • Student

I'm a midlife career-changer who had doubts about my ability to transition into the tech world. Skillcrush has changed all of that! The courses have been fun, yet challenging and I have no doubt that I will be successful in my new endeavor...

• Skillcrush Review
    - 9/22/2018
    Mike O'Neill • Founder, Pro Business Writers Plus • Student

I'm currently enrolled in the Skillcrush Break Into Tech Blueprint (Skillcrush 101) and the UX Research (Skillcrush 108) courses. I love that the courses are self-paced, which accommodates my full-time work schedule. And although the courses are self-paced, I don't ever feel alone. There are an abundance of help options when needed including: instructor interaction, help via email, and the Skillcrush Student Community. The instructors are knowledge experts and I approach each class with the attitude that I'm a sponge & going to soak up everything they have to offer. The Master Classes give present detailed information on any of several areas of interest for students, and they're very well done. The courses are detailed and I feel I being well-equipped for a role in the job marketplace. I recommend Skillcrush highly and have referred a few friends to the opportunity already. If you're looking to advance your carreer into a high-paying industry with an abundance of opportunity, Skillcrush is the place to be.

• Corin Roth • Student

I joined the "Break Into Tech Blueprint" just over a month ago and I am so thankful I did!  I have been toying with the idea of changing careers from teaching to web development for over a year now and have tried various other methods and classes to learn the skills required to make this switch.  And, while, several of the other classes did provide helpful and useful information, Skillcrush has been the one to allow me to finally focus on the areas I need to improve on and gain the confidence to make a switch.  Their real life examples have allowed me to fully grasp each concept and to feel confident that I will have the skills to one day move into a new career.  Thank you so much Skillcrush!!!

• Fantastic
    - 9/12/2018
    Alison Holloway • Student

The Break into Tech Blueprint is one of a kind.  It's a fantastic program for anyone who wants to learn code.  It's taught in a way that you don't feel stupid when trying to figure something out.  If you get the instructors are just a click away.  It's not just the instructors you can go to for help you have an entire community of students that could help you out

• Love Skillcrush!
    - 8/29/2018
    Alex • Student

I've been completing the Break Into Tech Blueprint and I've been loving it so far! I was debating just learning by myself with free tutorials on Youtube and the other interwebs. But ultimately I decided to go with Skillcrush because I liked the idea of being part of a community, having actual instructors you can talk to, and just the overall vibe is super fun and approachable.

Yes I could learn the same materials from disparate places, but everything is in one friendly place and you get access to industry knowledge, master classes from actual experts, webinars, the whole thing. I was really impressed with how quickly my questions have been answered and I'm looking forward to the coaching sessions! Now I just want to tell everyone about it, especially my sister who I think would love it too!

• Kelly Layburn • Student

I love the lessons and how they incorporate projects with step by step lessons.  This is a mixture of video lessons, written lessons and quizzes along with live sessions that you can attend via zoom meetings  I like that you have a suggested timeline, but can go at your own pace.  There is also a wonderful support site on slack where you can meet other students and instructors, ask questions, post your work for feedback, and network.  Everything is high quality including the video lessons. This is not just a course of videos to snore through like you might find on Udemy and Lynda. It is interactive complete with projects and portfolio building projects.  I have been taking this Break Into Tech Program for two weeks and so far everyone has been very helpful. Actually, I have found the support to be PHENOMENAL! There are also live chat features attached to individual lessons for quick answers to questions.  I have not gotten far enough in the program to rate the job assistance.  Will update later, but I gotta tell ya.  I Love this course!!!!

• Clare • Student

Brilliant! I'm so happy I made the decision to study with Skillcrush. They make learning a complex subject fun and easy! I've read books on WP Development, tried Udemy and Lynda....but I couldn't understand any of them. Finally I have some clarity on WordPress, clear on best practices and insider industry knowledge. Skillcrush has been an awesome experience. If you are sitting on the fence, I would say do it, you won't regret it.

• Melissa • Head of Operations • Student

I started the Skillcrush Break into Tech Blueprint three weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with the experience so far.

The content is delivered brilliantly - cut down into bite-sized chunks and daily lessons, with clear explanations, repetition and tasks to consolidate learning. I feel like I've learned so much in just a few weeks and I'm very excited to discover what's next!

I would highly recommend this course to anyone who likes to work methodically and to chunk tasks down into manageable pieces.

There is also signposting to a wealth of really useful resources, and so much support along the way from an online student community to live career counselling sessions. I feel like help is always at hand if I need it, and I've been especially impressed at how quickly I've received a response after submitting my feedback tasks.

• Antony Otero • Student

I've taken many different classes and have learned from many different sources:

• Codecademy
    • Udacity Nanodegrees [ Full-stack Nanodegree ]
    • Grow with Google Scholarship program [ hosted by Udacity]
    • Free Code Camp
    • Thinkful
    • The Odin Project
    • etc.

Each of these were valuable in there own ways but Skillcrush is great all around. Its website is minimal, its videos and readings succinct, its challenges are light-hearted but informative, its community is supportive, and the emphasis on job readiness is astounding! Me and my girlfriend are both taking Skillcrush courses and we love them.

There's one more factor you must consider. Skillcrush is feminine, and it works for that reason. For reference, I am a man and one that's not very intouch with my feminine side but for skillcrush IT JUST WORKS. Listen, when you're dedicating hours of work a day everyday for months to sitting down at home infront of your computer the least comforting thing is a man awkwardly making jokes and starring intensly into the camera speaking monotone. Adda and her team are very spirited and lively, it's the right amount of excitement, and the right amount of feminism. Not the over-the-top brand that tends to contradict itself. Skillcrush proves women should not only be welcomed in tech but are quintessential!

- 7/12/2018
    Teri • Health Coach • Student

I'm enrolled in the Break into Tech Blueprint course and I can honestly say that this is the best decision that I've made for personal growth in a long time!

It is refeshing to be part of a thriving on-line chat community, as well as on-going lessons that assist me in challenging myself in skills that were both dormant and not so dormant, like "problem solving".

I'm very new to technology but with the way that courses are taught, including the support by instructors, as well as the fact that the courses are self-paced, I find my self-confidence getting better and better.  :-D

• Teri • Student

Enrolling in Skillcrush after taking the 10 day boot camp is the best thing that I've done in a long time.  The courses are self-paced, and as the courses progress, I'm learning a lot more about myself.

The instructors are extremely compassionate about what they do and are always eager to offer a helping hand if needed.

I haven't progressed far enough along to begin the job assistance portion but feel confident that this training will result in a favorable outcome.  I am so glad that I'm part of the Skillcrush community and hope that someday I can give back what is so freely given to me.

• Virginia • Student

Hello, All~

Overall, this course has been stellar. The hardest thing about it was trying to do the work and learn, on top of full time work and graduate school. That being said, just pacing myself made it happen. I took longer to complete the section, but don’t feel ashamed of it anymore now that I’m at the end of the tunnel.

The instructors have been extraordinarily helpful and not only support our work but our wellbeing. It’s been an amazing experience in that regard.

If you’re worried about the cost, I get it. Seriously - made me get a headache just thinking about it. However, paying the amount (and seeing my skills grow in multiple ways) was ironically a cool experience because I proved to myself that I can do anything.

You can too, Sisters!