skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • Pamela Alvarez  User Photo
    Pamela Alvarez • Web Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

I'm about nearly done with my Skillcrush WordPress Developer Blueprint and I'm so glad that I took it! When it comes to choosing a bootcamp, I worry over whether it be lacking or too challenging. Skillcrush has perfected the ideal medium. The lessons are engaging and challenging enough not to stress you out. If you happen not to understand a lesson or have a bug on your project. Then you have the amazing mentors who are crazy fast with responding to you. They have even helped me with questions that were further advanced than what's taught. These mentors, I have noticed have great patience with getting a student to comprehension. They will answer in a way to get you to figure out the answer to your question before giving you the answer.There are also a group and one-on-one video call that you can schedule to join in. The students in my blueprint have been helpful as well. It's a comfortable vibe and an encouraging community.

There are plenty of resources. Tons! The pacing of the curriculum is doable and organized. Even if you fall behind with the schedule that they provide you. It's okay. You can always catch up and you can even go ahead of the pace. The mentors will still be in assistances to your questions.

In regard to job assistance, you can subscribe to a weekly job list via email and with this blueprint get an apprenticeship. The apprenticeship is stack with information of how to get a client or job. Once you attain a client and have any questions, the mentors will help you. I haven't finished my apprenticeship yet but have somewhat finished my site: https//:artistwhocodes.com

I'm enjoying my time with Skillcrush. I wished that I joined sooner than I did. Hope my review was helpful to anyone who's considering of joining.

• Vicki Greer  User Photo
    Vicki Greer Verified via LinkedIn

I just finishd the Front End Developer Blueprint from Skillcrush, and it was amazing.  The classes were definitely challenging and fun.  The instructors were friendly and very helpful. They were quick to respond to questions posted in the class forum.  while the class does have a recommended schedule, you can proceed at your own pace if you're having trouble, or, conversely, if you aleady know something and want to move more quickly.

I liked it enough that I'm going back for more.  I just started the WordPress Developer blueprint a few days ago.  I'm also digging further into JavaScript in all my (copious) spare time.

Blueprints are a group of related classes (usually 3 or 4) that allow you to cover topics in more depth.  A Blueprint typically lasts about 3 months.

Adda and company have done something wonderful for folks who are new to tech, and for folks who want a guided way to brush up their skills or learn something new.  You won't graduate knowing everything you need to get a senior-level development post, but you'll have a solid foundation and the knowledge of how, and where, to keep on learning.

• Why Skillcrush?
    - 2/23/2017
    Shellie Wilson  User Photo
    Shellie Wilson • Writer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to get into the tech industry, learn and have fun, Skillcrush is for you. I was looking for something new and stumbled upon Skillcrush. It piqued my interest and I took a free boot camp course they offered. It took me a couple of weeks to take the leap in signing up for an actual blueprint. During that time they reached out to me with very encouraging emails. They really connected with me. I feel like Adda is one of my best friends even though we have never spoken to each other.

Anyway, the best thing about this course is the structure and interaction. It is a manageable pace, just a class a day that takes about 1 hour depending on how much you practice. With each step or new concept, you are lead through some practice exercises which really cement the concepts and codes in your mind. The Office Hours are great. You connect online with a teacher and other classmates. It is a place to ask questions and get real answers that help. There is laughter and it is a very accepting and comfortable place to engage. Skillcrush has worked out all the bugs of how to offer an online course and they know their stuff about the body of knowledge for HTML and CSS.

I never dreamed this class would be so fun and engaging. This class really is going to offer me opportunities I would never have had. When opportunity knocks, you need to open the door to see what's on the other side. I am glad Skillcrush presented the door to me and I opened it! No regrets!

• Alvin  User Photo
    Alvin • Student Verified via GitHub

Seems most of the material of their front-end wordpress glaze over things and do not go into detail on the subjects. Better spending money on Lynda.

• Michael Scott  User Photo
    Michael Scott • Student Success Advisor • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

I am about 2 weeks in to the Front End Developer Blueprint and I would highly recommend this Blueprint or investing in Skillcrush. I've gone through programs such as Udacity, Udemy, and Codeacademy, but what I like about Skillcrush's curriculum is that it takes a slow and steady approach to learning concepts for new beginners. I am very much a beginner and the curriculum has helped me to follow along and help me retain the information. Other programs seem like they take a giant leap in their curriculum and it's hard to keep up. Plus, Skillcrush seems to be geared for visual learners.

The only critique (which is very minor) would be the "Mark as complete" option when we get to practice coding. Sometimes I think it would be helpful to show me my errors in the text editor before I move on to the next section. I think I have been able to move on to the next sections by completing the exercises, but I'm not 100% sure if they are correct.

All in all, I have really enjoyed this experience and I would definitely recommend this program not just to a female demographic, but a male demographic too. I like the push for women in tech and I think Skillcrush does a great job to empower women and learners in general. Thank you Skillcrush and I hope to become an outstanding Alumni and seek a full-time web developer job!

• Dana O'Neil  User Photo
    Dana O'Neil • Mom Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently finishing up week 2 of the Skillcrush Front end Development Blueprint and I have already had several aha moments. I will admit I am a woman and I have limited experience with coding and the decision to begin was difficult. I was intimidated. I have been a stay at home Mom for the past 16 years and thinking that I could start a brand new career in my 40's was terrifying and to be honest I thought was impossible. Then came Skillcrush. Adda has provided a curriculum that is user friendly and the environment is encouraging. By the end of week one curriculum I feel like I have a soldi grasp of HTML basics. My confidence level is skyrocketing and I for the first time believe I can have a career as a front end developer. Thank you Skillcrush for providing an education that speaks to me and for providing this curriculum in several different mediums to reach the different levels that I learn. I look forward to the next lesson and find that I lose track of time as I am actually enjoying my education. I can't wait to complete this Blueprint and begin the next one!

• Heather  User Photo
    Heather Verified via LinkedIn

So far I am really enjoying the skillcrush program! I am doing to the Wordpress Bootcamp which entails the Front-end Developer, Web Design and Wordpress Developer blueprints. The lessons have been fun to learn and just enough information is given to teach you the materials but not overwhelm and freak you out. I am only two weeks in on the Front-end Developer blueprint which is all the basics of building a website. There are many resources for you to use as you go through each lesson including your class group, which is really helpful! My only suggestion as of now that would make it better is for during the practice in each lesson. It doesn't tell you if your code is right or wrong and it is a little difficult to know if your doing it the right or most concise way. All in all, I am enjoying my time so far and cannot wait for more!

•  Andreas Markou  User Photo
    Andreas Markou • Software support consultant • Student Verified via LinkedIn

The best learning experience I have come across. Skillcrush is welcoming from the very first contact and does everything possible to make the learning experience fit the individual. There is no-pressure with the 'try it and see' experience via the Introductory Bootcamps to help you decide if it is for you. There is ongoing flexibility for choosing, changing or adding learning modules. There is always a quick human response to requests for help with any issue or question.

The module content is authoritative and well organised, just the right amount & depth for initial understanding and practice of concepts, with plenty of links to etxra resources when you want more. They style of audio visual and written material is upbeat, positive and engaging. At the end of each week it's impressive to see how much has actually been covered.

All perspectives of professional web work are covered: - design .v. development, creative .v. technical, choosing the necessary software tools, establishing your credentials via portfolio and resume preparation. Course delivery is by a great team of people with real world experience and knowledge. An extended network of Skillcrush associates provide additional free 'Master Classes' on a wide range of professional workplace topics.

- 4/11/2022
    Joshua • Graduate
    I completed the User Experience course recently via Skillcrush. I was drawn to skillcrush due to their compassionate approach and eagerness to help you succeed. The course layout is organized and easy to navigate. The course materials are thorough and understandable. The course could have had more hands on practice, but overall, I feel confident in the skills I learned. I am highly satisfied with my experience and will return for the Visual Design course. Happy Learning!
  • Jason Arch • Student
    I’ve learned a great deal in a short amount of time. Much of Skillcrush is hands on, with projects of HTML and CSS for you to get started with in the first few weeks of classes.  The teachers are very quick to respond to emails- but be ready to put your self reliance to the test. After all- if you want confidence enough in your coding skills to impress the interviewer at your next job interview, you need to be able to do the job description and then some!
  • Katelyn • Student
    AMAZING course. Great content and curriculum that is perfectly paced. Responsive teachers who are super helpful. And I've met graduates who have gone on to have incredibly successful careers after starting with Skillcrush. Great place to learn how to do tech even if you have absolutely no background in it. All you need is curiosity and a willingness to learn.