skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (335) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (8) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Michael Harrison • Student

Skillcrush is an excellent resource for anyone trying to break into coding. That said, it will not be for everyone.

It is important to understand how Skillcrush works before investing in a blueprint. From my own experience: I purchased the Front End Developer Blueprint. I spent on average somewhere between an hour and two hours every weekday for about three months (with the occasional week off). In that time, I worked through four classes focused on HTML, CSS, Javascript, Git, and Responsive Web Development. Classes were a mix of video, reading, and hands on exercises. Personally, this worked great for me. It gave me the time and flexibility to work through the material at my own pace, spend extra time on subjects I had more difficulty with, and if I was well and truly stuck, I could reach out to my fellow classmates via forum, or speak directly with the instructors using Zoom.

Obviously, this will not be the right way to learn for some others. People who want to go all in and get to work as fast as possible will most likely be better served by a more rigorous program that demands more time from its students, but is spread out over a shorter period. Skillcrush's time commitment is very much up to the student. If you spent ten hours a day on lessons and worked weekends, clearly it would not take three months. That said, students interested in learning at such a pace might be better served by another service that is built with such speed in mind. A note in Skillcrush's favor though, these programs are usually significantly more expensive than what Skillcrush offers.

Ultimately, you get out of Skillcrush what you put in. Yes, instructors, alumni, and other students will help you. There is a catalog of additional master classes to watch. There are career materials to work through to help with getting a job in the industry. But all of this is reliant on the student. As much as Skillcrush does to make the process as painless as possible, they do not do the work for you. If you do not feel like you have the self-discipline to keep up, or would prefer to work with instructors in person, then a different program will most likely be a better fit. For those who do feel comfortable learning remotely, Skillcrush is offers several programs for getting into coding, all reasonably priced, and with a bevy of extra materials for the students willing to get as much out of their course as they can.

• Qayla Chism • Frontend Developer • Student

Im currently enrolled in the Frontend Developer Blueprint and it's amazing. It starts out a bit easy if you're a little familiar with HTML and CSS but it gradually progresses with challenging coursework which I enjoy. It makes me feel like I'm actually learning and able to do stuff on my own and I can contact them for help at any time. Also I love the Office Hours!

• R. Knox • Student

You know the adage... "You can't teach an old dog new tricks...."

Well, Skillcrush is giving that statement a run for its money :)

I have been "self-taught" in design for over a decade. My philosophy to commit to being a lifelong student has allowed me to learn what I needed as I progressed along. As I began the first track of my Blueprint to say I was skeptical is an understatement, especially when I saw how short and concise the modules were.  After the first two classes, I was like "OH NO!" what did I just do? I could have learned this on my own on some free site with Professor Google and Dr. Youtube.

But obviously, I was not paying attention when Ada said the course is designed to be easy and then increase in complexity.  By my fifth module, I was literally doing a happy dance. Not only was I learning short cuts to things that used to take me much longer to do, the way the learning modules are set up WORKS! You are not inundated with a lot of information.  I liken it to building a house.  You get a foundation and then you add the beams for the walls, then the plaster, then roofing, etc... you get my drift.

At the end of the first leg of my All Access Blueprint track which was called Visual Design, I already see why we started there and are progressing on into actual coding.  Now, you have to exercise self-discipline with any online course.

Let's talk community!  When you first join you introduce yourself to the sea of other Skillcrushers.  And slowly you begin to interact with constructive feedback, encouragement and yes HELP from people who may be further along.  Not once have I felt alone in this and as I stated before I am no spring chicken :)

My first instructor that I could call out to for help was PHENOMENAL.  She didn't make me feel stupid for asking what may have been obvious questions.  She was thorough, she was helpful and booking office hours was easy. I am excited as I move forward and I feel reassured that if I hit a wall there will be someone there to assist me.  All I have to do is seek for the help and I will get a response.

As I am almost 80% complete with my next track, I can't believe how confident I feel in what I have learned. From the staff, to the additional resources provided, to the structure of the course...I am glad I made this investment in my future and took the leap to explore. I dare say if I can do this... honey child...ANYBODY can do this!

• Ronick thomas • Freelance WordPress Developer • Student

As the title says, I almost didn't sign up for a blueprint at SkillCrush.  About two months ago I was on the fence in regards to boot camps.  I've heard all sorts of things good and bad.  I also had invested in courses to learn on my own through Udemy, watching free YouTube video amongst other things.  My hang up...do I really want to spend more money?

Did I really want to spend money to go through someone's curriculm, get to the end feeling I got it, to only end up back where I started? Well, I took the plunge and signed up for the Wordpress Developer Blueprint. So far, it's the smartest thing I've done this year!

The courses are broken down well.  Meaning there isn't too much at once and there is a flow that makes you want to do more in one sitting then say having to dedicate 5 hours a night to studying and doing code.  I love the flexibility in this program, it's probably one of the best features.

The instructors and the learning environment is very nurturing.  The hardest thing when you tackle something new like this is feeling that you are alone and having self-doubt set in.  SkillCrush is an environment that teaches code but promotes self-worth in the materials and the conversations with the staff.  Definitely a "Can Do" attitude throughout the company.

I'm finishing up my 1st month and I don't feel lost or less than capable in any areas.  Of course, coding is a technology journey that never stops needing improvement.  You only get out what you put in.  So, far my experience at SkillCrush has been a very positive experience and I'm hoping it will continue to be.

Ron

• Aubrie • Unemployed • Student

I have only completed my first class in my skill crush all access blueprint but it went really well. I feel like I learned a lot really fast and I'm excited to see what else I get to learn in the near future. The classes seem quite structured and it's pretty easy to follow the instructions and complete the assignments. I am not a super fanof sharing my workbefore its complete, which is suggested often, but I think if someone is more open to it and enjoys progressive feed back, then its probably great. I think its just my personality, I'd rather get a project completed and then see how people feel rather than share each peice, as I finish it, but to each is own. It's great that the program doesn't require that you share in the google group but rather just suggests it.

My experience so far with instructors has been okay, I feel that although I'm sure its difficult some instructors should work on not imposing thier own personal opinions on style to students work, and try to be more neutral in thier suggestions, but over all its great to have them as a resource to go to when neccesary.

• Julia • n/a • Student

In my first 100 days I had tried a LOT of on-line programs for learning to code. Most had, at some point, an issue I could not get around or find help - for instance how to properly set up Cloud 9.io.  Others were expansive in their curriculum but not practical. I have passed all sorts of programming courses, but was left with the nagging thought of "Could I apply this in the real world?"  I looked at Skillcrush's reviews on-line and took them very seriously. Recently out of grad school and unemployed, I took the cost of Skillcrush seriously as well.  For me, this was an investment - in time, in treasure, and in faith that Skillcrush's Blueprints will get me to where I want to be as a coder. Skillcrush's self-paced program is great but their real attribute is the Office Hours.  The TAs are invaluable and a great asset to the program. They are kind, sympathetic, and gracious. That being said, be prepared to do the work. Make the effort and embrace the program.  Coding is the reward.

• Michelle C.

As a marketer, I've been wanting to learn code for a while, but felt intimidated by many programs. I am also a generalist, so finding a program that allowed me to learn about many different things (Photoshop, CSS, HTML, etc.) was a huge plus! I found the course easy-to-follow, with great resources and well-structured learning modules. I'd definitely take additional courses through Skillcrush.

• Brian Johanson • Bagger at a grocery store • Student

It is difficult to save money for this type of program. That is the drawback, but there are so many advantages. You get:

A forum where people can help you with questions.

Email support

Frequent video conferences where you can ask the teacher whats on your mind.

One on one teacher student conference.

Comprehensive content.

Many exercises to help drill in the information.

A real tool to use, my website.  I did all the work, but I was guided by excellent teachers.

In summary,

I have to save for this program. It takes time. But on the other hand, the program was finished. I completed it because of all the support that I had. Many of my Udemy classes on the other hand are not completed. So thank you. I appreciate it, I just wish I could afford to take classes faster.

• Peggy Alford • Student

I found Skillcrush by accident, reading an article about it at LinkedIn.  I had been mulling over a career in web design and development for years, classes my friends took (and failed) seemed designed to discourage students.  Skillcrush seemed very different so I looked into it.  I ended up holding my breath and taking the plunge - I signed up for the free 10 day bootcamp.  I had a blast and learned about all sorts of new things, even got the chance to code in Ruby and Python.  I ended up signing up for the All Access Blueprint.  I am just finishing up my first segment on Web Design, and it has been a wonderful experience!  I've learned so much about Photoshop Creative Cloud, and how to design a website, from layout styles, colors, fonts, what and how to use each element and I am going to end up with a website designed to help me break into the industry!  And what a wonderful, supportive environment - if you get stuck, have a problem, have a question, or just want to share your work for feedback, you belong to a wonderful google group of students and instructors who are there to help you out. This is one of the best learning environments that I have ever been involved with, and I have had a lot of "traditional education". With the help of Skillcrush, I know that by the end of this year, I will have the skills and knowledge to launch myself into my new career!

• Skillcrush
    - 7/14/2017
    Jo Rocca • Teacher • Student

Skillcrush has been an amazing resource and learning tool for me. The lessons are well structured, easy to follow, and interactive. The hands on experience I am getting just working through the course is invaluable. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn anything about building websites.

• Abigayle Franklin

I am currently enrolled in the All Access Career Bluprint through Skillcrush. So far, I like how the lessons are broken up. I can be working at my 9-to-5 and take a quick 5 minute break to cover a step in that day's lesson and, at the end of the day, be through an entire lesson. I also greatly appreciate the use of the Google Groups. I participated in online classes before where I felt alone. The Google Group makes me feel more connected to my instructors and classmates. I feel like my work is greatly enhanced by having that feedback. Additionally, the instuctors are great for giving software suggestions. I was worried when I saw that I was going to have to sign up for trials of different software. I felt like might be a hugh push on me to sign up for those products, but the instructors have been good about informing us of alternative programs and going over some of the pros and cons of paid software vs open source or free.

If I were to list any cons - It would be that, getting into the blueprint, I had my mind set on a career of coding. So the initial classes of visual design is a bit confusing. I'm building a site to showcase my work, but I have no work to showcase. But I'm going to trust the process and go with the flow.

One last thing, totally nit-picky, they send out daily emails letting you know what to do for the day. Great if you need that nudge. However, I'm ahead of the emails. It feels like, since they track my progress, they could have the corresponding email sent out. Today, I got an email to do a lesson I did days ago. I don't even look at those emails anymore.

• Sonja • Student

I am in the final week of the first 3rd of my first course...did you follow that? ;)

I am enrolled in Visual Design and Front End Devlopment. I had majored in Photography in 2009. Aside from being slightly intimidated by the idea of jumping into a world I'd only had a "crash course" in years ago, I didn't want to rack up school loans.

Skillcrush was the answer for all that prevented me from moving forward with my education. It is affordable, user friendly and has such a good reputation. I did my research, because everything can sound "to good to be true". As it turned out, this online campus is exactly what I need.

The classes are organized, the one-on-one help and peer reviews are so helpful. The resources, tools and connections are invaluable and I am so excited to be able to use them in the future.

My only note for improvement lies within the Google Group. If Skillcrush could introduce Google groups and how it works for their class to its newcomers in their orientation, it would be greatly appreciated. I know a couple other students, along with myself, were new to google groups and got a little confused, about how threads work and the appropriate place to post questions and/or work in order to get feedback.  Skillcrush is not responsible for Google Groups' slightly chaotic setup, but if there was even a 3 minute segment on how to use it efficiently during the course, I think it would be helpful.

All in all, so far so good. I feel more prepared, more able and more encouraged to do what I want with my career. That in and of itself is worth the cost of the class (and I haven't even finished it yet)!

• Melissa • Student

I'm in the middle of the Visual Design blueprint & love it! The information is laid out clearly & it makes choronological sense, although it can be overwheming at times because there's a lesson every day (but you can decide your own schedule with it so that helps!)

I also love my teacher & our TAs - they're always really supportive and offer constructive feedback.

The only suggestion I would say is to stress that the prices are in US dollars because of how many people are doing it across the world. I live in Canada and was a little shocked at the price that came off my credit card at first because I forgot about exchange rates.

• Great course!
    - 6/14/2017
    Sandy Hayes • Graduate Student • Student

i wasn't sure about signing up at first due to the cost but they have a nice payment plan program for students taking the All Access Blueprint course. I'm not sure if they offer that with the shorter term programs. It has been amazing so far! I'm learning so much from the interactive lessons that really make you think about why you're doing what you're doing in the design phase. I just started a couple weeks ago but the support from the google groups is tremendous, I don't regret signing up for this at all!

• So far, so GREAT!!
    - 6/13/2017
    Stephanie Binderup • Problem Solver • Student
    I've been at this blueprint for eight days, and I'm over halfway through the first class. My teacher is responsive, offers wonderful suggestions, and shoots straight. Let's face it - I have next to zero experience, so I have an enormous learning curve (I stink at this). I am learning at my own pace and loving every minute of it! So far, this is the best learning experience I've had as an adult learner. I cannot wait to launch my first site!
  • Dave Mischler

I am several weeks into a Skillcrush blueprint and the program is very well designed.

They have a clear idea of what is important to learn in each area and focus on those key concepts.  The information comes in bite-sized chunks giving you time to process each step as you go. The information comes to you in at least a couple forms, video and writen, so it works well no matter how you learn best.  And they have hands-on practice exercises immediately after presenting a concept so you get to learn by doing right away.

The courses are built by series of lessons and each lesson is broken down into a sequence of steps.  Thus, while they provide a recommendation of what you might complete each week, it is very easy to do more or less than is recommended and work at your own pace to fit your schedule and learning approach. Overall, it is very efficient and works particularly well for someone who is new to coding and is holding down another job while building new skills

The instructors have been very responsive to email questions and typically overdeliver in their replies - they provide even more information than I expected - which is fantastic. The classroom group feedback sessions conducted over the web (via Zoom Meeting) have been very well led and have been really useful.  The tool used to hold those online group meetings is simple to use and enables participants to share work quite easily. Skillcrush also provides summary "cheat sheets", links to other resources and lots of help opportunities if you need it.

I highly recommend Skillcrush.

• Jeremy Willhelm • Student

After searching through the many different code schools or bootcamps, I came across Skillcrush.com. There are numerous reasons why I chose this option compared to the other camps available. The most important reason was the cost. I spoke with someone from Skillcrush and they worked out a plan so I can take their courses with my current budget. This allows me to learn new skills so I can be more marketable in the tech industry. The courses (Blueprints) are simple to follow and understand. I feel like they are really interested in me succeeding. The only downside is the Job assistance isn't "hand-holding" or assisted. Instead they offer numerous guides, tips and resources that you can utilize for either freelancing, or finding a job. I'm halfway through my All Access Career and already excited in the potential for starting in a new career.

• Lara Davis • Student

Skillcrush is the best of all worlds when it comes to learning styles.

Each lesson is designed in a way that it hits all different learning styles.  They combine videos with text transcripts, texted lessons with great resources to learn on your own.  Also, you have access to office hours, feedback sessions and Google groups.  No matter the question or roadblock you encounter there is a way to learn and the suites your style of absorbing and retaining information.

They give you all the tools to set you up for success because in the real world when you don't know something you will need to know how to find the answers.  I work with a web designer and developer who is completely self-taught and his best advice to me was 'know where to find the answers'.  Skillcrush is excellent at teaching you what you need to know to become a web developer/designer but they are even better at teaching you where to find the answers.

The class I am on right now is very challenging and some of the material does not match up with each other.  But I know other students have had the same issue and I am learning to form them and working the problems.  I would have to say I am actually pushing myself harder with this class because of these issues and I have been using all the recourses Skillcrush provides.

All in all, I would recommend Skillcrush to anyone who wants to make a change in their career.  I have received great support for a great network of people from the instructors to my fellow classmates. I have done self-paced learning before and this is by far the best experience I have ever had.

Skillcrush is amazing and I highly recommend it.

• Mr.
    - 5/20/2017
    Lombard Potgieter • Cap./ Skipper • Applicant

Hi all future Skillcrushers.

All my fiends call me Lam and i'm a master mariner RYA/MCA.

I absolutely love the quality, high standards and great support of the whole Skillcrush Team. I cant fault them on any thing and absolutely recommend any of these courses !

Have a great day and Good luck.. Future Skillcrushers !

Lam

• Kelsey F. • Financial Analyst

I started taking the Wordpress Developer blueprint a few months ago and I'm loving it so far. I love the daily emails that bring more structure and accountability to the program than I've found in other online coding schools. The feminine slant is also really nice--I know, it's code, but it doesn't have to be so dry! Skillcrush proves that.

The one thing I'd love to see from Skillcrush is an app. It'd be really helpful to be able to download and watch the videos during my commute so that I'm ready to get coding when I get home.

• Wordpress Bootcamp
    - 5/12/2017
    Roxanne • Virtual Assistant & Computer Repair Technician • Student

I've been going through the first couple weeks of the Wordpress Bootcamp which covers several topics I've wanted to learn for a while, and I absolutely love it! The instructions are clear, the challenges and lessons are fun, and the best part- the amazing community built through these courses. The instructors are very encouraging and eager to jump in with constructive criticism and suggestions when any of the students ask for help.

In the few lessons I've completed, I already feel like I've learned so much more than what I did when I was trying to teach myself on my own. I only had an extremely limited knowledge of HTML and CSS before starting the class, so it's been very refreshing to see how far I've come already. The resources and help they offer have been extremely valuable, and I love the fact that it stays available to you.

The relaxed atmosphere and the ability to complete the lessons at your own pace creates a comfortable place to really dig into the courses and still be able to manage other activities without feeling the guilt if you have to skip a day like I do! The other major plus I've found is the overall friendliness of the instructors. Being the painfully shy introvert that I am, I tend to avoid groups and video calls as intensely as I can. The camaraderie I felt when the students and instructors started posting in the "Introduce yourself" Google group was pretty much instant and I found myself actually eager to get to know everyone and be a part of the community.

In short, if you're looking for courses that will teach you what you want to know in a fun and energizing way, a community of varied students who cheerfully offer advice and support, a fantastic group of positive and encouraging instructors, then Skillcrush is definitely the source to go to. Even if you're not looking for those things, you should still give them a try! It's definitely the best decision I've made in paving the way to the career I've always dreamed of!

• Erin

I recently started in the 9-month WordPress Bootcamp. It's comprised of three different blueprints - Front End Development, WordPress Developer, Visual Design.  I think the daily lesson plans are appropriately planned to accommodate a full time working schedule; neither too fast or too slow.   The instruction is succinct and I like their blend of following a template, or fillin in the blank, with the student also providing content to learn each aspect.

The staff and other students are always accessible.  I am so pleased that I registered!

• Gabriela

I very much enjoyed my Visual Design Blueprint class so far -- as a low-income woman it was very hard for me to imagine learning these technical and design skills without spending tons of money. In addition, the tech realm is so heavily male that, unfortunately, I didn't feel welcomed, reflected, or supported in many other spaces that offer these kinds of teachings. Skillcrush creates a fun, supportive learning environment for folks who are trying to start out in the tech and design worlds and are daunted by the apparent massiveness of all they don't know. I was especially pleased that this is a go-at-your-own-pace space, where I could choose when to listen to the courses and do the assignments, yet could still find support through the Google Groups and other spaces. The instructors and TAs are very responsive and the courses are clear and easy to follow along -- I'm personally amazed by how much I've learned without it feeling like a huge challenge.

The one thing I'd warn folks about is that, while the class is $399 (which is INCREDIBLY cheap compared to similar class offerings elsewhere) you will have to spend some extra money on additional applications needed for the course (for Visual Design, this includes Adobe or similar programs, along with other tools should you choose to use them).

• Sign- up today!
    - 4/30/2017
    Crystal Vera | Digital Marketing Specialist • Digital Marketing Specialist • Student

Hey! If you're thinking about Skillcrush and you're sort of on the fence, it's time to take the plunge and sign up! Whatever is holding you back, let help@skillcrush.com know what it is, and they can answer all your questions. The skills I've learned from Skillcrush - along with persitance and drive- helped me get out of retail and into tech. Two years ago I was a store manager, now I'm a digital marketer. The course adds a lot of value, especially as you learn and grow in the industry, you will realize how much this knowledge helps you. For improvement, I would ask that skillcrush create a part of their site to code as many projects as possible for practice, and possibly add some games or real-world scenarios like codeacademy. As of right now, there's only a little space for that. I would love to keep refreshing my skills without having to retake the entire course, for example. I also love that I can take one class at a time at my own pace. Originally I just took the Web Designer Blueprint, but I recently started back up with the Wordpress Bootcamp, which starts this month. I am so excited! Thank you Skillcrush!

• Margaret Wilder

As a developer, I took this course expecting to get a better understanding of design concepts.  I was impressed with the level of detail this course provided.  Skillcrush provided a structured and challenging curriculum.  I came away from the course with not only a great understanding of design concepts and tools, I find that I really enjoy web design and plan on studying it further.