skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.79

all (387) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

CSS, Design, Git, HTML
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, Mobile, PHP, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
    - 8/12/2021
    Tom Bumgardner
    Skillcrush is awesome! I can move at my own pace and when I have time. The lessons are easy to absorb and can always be referenced at a later time with the lifetime access. Worth every penny! Great way to get your skills up to date quickly.
  • Devorah Fuchs • UX Designer • Graduate
    The Skillcrush Break into Tech course is made up of 21 classes to train (women) to enter the tech world. I received a free promotion of the User Experience Design courses.

The classes are great; interesting, concise, and informative. Skillcrush excels in career advice and mentorship. Direct access to tutors by email and zoom to answer questions and review assignments. There is also help with writing a resume, creating a portfolio, and the other steps necessary to break into a totally new career.

I am very happy that I invested in this course and recommend it without reservations.
  • Break into Tech
    - 7/27/2021
    Minette Combrink • Student
    For someone who has no tech background, I find this course really great, because they make an extra effort to help you nderstand and make the whole experience fun. Can really recommend!
  • Tosha Orr • Student
    Teaches you layout and navigation, Wireframing, Grids, Colors and Typography, Look and Feel, UI Design, Web Graphics and Adobe XD
  • Liz • Student
    The curriculum is organized in a very intuitive and easy to follow manner, with a lot more resources than I had hoped to be provided. The instructors and counselors are really quick to respond, very encouraging, and are like awesome coaches. I really get a sense that the culture at Skillcrush is super supportive and truly wants everyone to succeed. I have not looked for a job yet, but have a feeling that the team would also be very helpful. I feel very blessed to have found Skillcrush and look forward to continue learning from the school. Thank you Skillcrush!
  • Thomas Hurrie • Student • Student
    Before starting Skillcrush, I had tried a few other paths including free code camp, Kahn Academy, and a Google Certificate via Coursera. I have found Skillcrush instruction to be the best and the price is very affordable compared to some of the other coding boot camps out there. Also, 1 on 1 mentoring is unheard of at this price point. I have progressed faster than ever through this program and am confident I will be job ready upon completion.
  • Michelle • Student
    This blueprint has been very helpful and informative. I have finally discovered what I would like to do with my life and this program from Skillcrush really helped me! I am almost finished with the program and am so excited to begin work. The program was very thorough, user-friendly, and a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend this program and look forward to learning more with Skillcrush soon!
  • HTML & CSS
    - 4/20/2021
    Emily A. Almond • Student
    I've had a lot of professional training in my career, in addition to my Master's degree, and hands down Skillcrush is one of the most effective, efficient and enjoyable learning experiences I've had. It's accessible and iterative. The curriculum is organized in digestible chunks - each lesson builds on the previous one, so new and technical coursework never seems intimidating. The Skillcrush team are also super responsive on Slack, in live Q&A sessions and over email. I've been in plenty of University classes where I was basically ignored.. this is the opposite of that. Finally, the documentation is top-notch. Notes, cheat sheets, articles.. it's all available and I've already started cobbling together my own reference library from their knowledge bases. I think this class is a bargain.
  • Taylor • Student
    Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my experience thus far at Skillcrush. The HTML & CSS course was a lot of fun while also being very informative. The instructors are all super helpful and provide a multitude of resources.
    If I had to offer feedback for one thing, however, I think having more exercises and practices would be great. This is kind of a small nitpick though as Skillcrush definitely offers various websites that have additional information and exercises. Also the student community and instructors are readily available. The Coding Camp offered for free is also great for anyone who wants to dip their toes into the world of coding.
  • Sen • Student
    This course is not cheap, but it’s worth every penny!!

I joined the Break into Tech course after trying out their free bootcamp. I was hooked after the bootcamp and couldn’t get Skillcrush off my mind. After a few years of wanting to learn to code but never really getting it, Skillcrush was the first course that really allowed me to understand what was going on. I decided to invest and have not regretted one bit.

They teach really well and put a lot of heart, effort and thinking into how to make it better and better, and it shows. They structure lessons into bite-sized pieces, easy to understand, really digestable, and give you opportunities to practice at the right point to help build up your skill level.

What’s even more amazing is that they give you feedback and reassurances at just the right point of time too to make sure you don’t lose confidence in yourself (which is easy to happen giving you’re learning something new and so technical), plus they regularly ask you for comments to see what’s on your mind and help you out. And they use your feedback to continuously improve their course!

The instructors provide really timely feedback (within 12 hours in my own experience) and it’s not just a template response. When you have specific issues in mind, they really can help you out by answering you directly or pointing you in the right direction.

I also like their idea of fast-track paths to keep us in focus in learning one major skill first. I have a tendency to wander around and without their fast-track concept I would have been going all over trying to learn everything, but in the end not really being able to learn anything. But their fast-track path sets out clear steps and I just have to follow.

Some people might say you can get the same content for free online, which is probably true, but without this structured curriculum and support, it’s not easy to learn. I think I’m paying especially for the Skillcrush’s team in deciding HOW to teach us, which has definitely lowered the threshold for learning tech.

Really I just have good things to say about them - it is a worthwhile purchase!
  • Clarice • Student
    I was so reluctant to commit to a paid bootcamp, I found difficult to imagine why it would be better than learning with free resources. I took the free course offered by Skillcrush and we clicked. Also they were offering everything that I lacked with free courses: structure, support and a clear path to achieve my goals. I signed up for the Break Into Tech Blueprint and I just finished the first part of the Front-end dev fast track. I'm so glad with my decision to join! Now I understand what all the great reviews are all about. They give you all the very important fundamental pieces you need in order to understand what are you doing and why. They check in with you frequently and the slack community is super friendly. I'm so happy that I'm finally learning things properly, it's such a relief!
    P.S: In case you are not a beginner: I've been teaching myself how to code for the past year from C to Python and game dev. I find the pace and level of the course very good.