skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Joseph Cannestra • Student

Skillcrush blueprints are the perfect way for me to pick up new tech skills.

I was enrolled in a online university working toward an associates degree with an emphasis on IT.  After taking several courses, I had basically only learned how to write papers and powerpoints on the subject matter, but had gotten ZERO experience or practice DOING anything.

Skillcrush throws you right into coding from the very beginning.  I learned more skills and had greater understanding (and confidence!) in the first two weeks than I did after taking three 5-week long college courses.  Also, the entire Break Into Tech blueprint was about the same cost as one college course.

I also appreciate that Skillcrush is 100% self-paced.  There are guidelines on how long it should take you to do certain courses, but there are no hard deadlines or due dates.  If life happens, you can take a day off with no remorse or suffering grades.

Skillcrush requires you to have self-disipline and good time-management skills to be successful.

If you are ready to work hard and want to jump straight into immediately learning new skills, there is no better option than Skillcrush!

• Christine

I highly recommend the Skillcrush WordPress Developer Blueprint!  The classes are informative, fun and flow in a way that I feel is great for working through the material and digesting the information.  Very positive and relatable approach backed up by instructors who are encouraging and provide feedback and answeres to questions.

So far, I have completed 103-Introduction to WordPress and I am looking forward to moving on to Skillcrush 105.  Thanks Skillcrush!

• Lauren • Student

I'm currently enrolled in the UX Design course and am really impressed and pleased with it so far. Probably the best-added feature is really the support given - the instructors respond very quickly and there are many mediums in which to get support (email, feedback challenges, slack community, and online Q&A sessions). As well, the course project is interesting and I'm happy that I'm able to leave the course with 3 projects I can add to my portfolio. In terms of the content, I find it both easy to follow, but they also provide many ways to practice the theories taught so you really feel like you're gaining experience. Overall, I am incredibly happy with the course and has made me want to take more courses from them after I'm done this one because I love the environment so much

• Loving Skillcrush
    - 5/27/2019
    Tammy Hirata • Student

Skillcrush makes learning fun and easy to understand. I love the layout of the whole site, from the design (everything has to be visually pleasing to me) to th actual courses. I feel like this is a great school/course/bootcamp for complete newbies such as myself. I also really enjoy that it is female-oriented, and that the majority of the instructors and students are women. There is definitely a need for that in such a male dominated industry.

• Good stuff!
    - 5/24/2019
    Richard • Student

The first thing you will notice when doing the courses here at skillcrush is that the videos are actually entertaining, fun and engaging.  This blew me away and it sets them apart from the rest.  It makes the videos easy to watch and while it keeps you engaged, you learn more easily.  Adda has an awesome way of relating the material.  They are not lectures at all, they are more about the discovery of a new universe of html, css, design, etc and with all the fun that discovery can bring.  So while I enjoy watching the videos, the concepts and techniques are presented in very logical straightforward ways that make them easy to understand.

The homework is guided and you really get a chance to solidify what you've learned without getting too lost.  I really appreciate this.

The slack community is also great, with people from all walks of life who want to help each other learn and grow.

All in all, the instructors' level of caring and empathy is well above any other course or prebootcamp I've been a part of. And that makes all the difference in the world.

• Disappointed
    - 5/3/2019
    Lisa Chinn • Company Director • Student

For me, definitely wasn't worth the money. I joined SkillCrush because I read such good reviews on SwitchUp and Course Report, and because I thought it was for my target demographic (woman, beginner coder). The truth is, it's *way way way WAY overpriced*. There are much, much better programs out there to learn how to code for a fraction of the cost (freecodecamp or the book series "A Smarter Way to Learn" is by far my favorite and helped me exponentially more than SkillCrush did). SkillCrush does offer a 30 day money-back guarantee, though, and it's completely my own fault for not utilizing that. I signed up for the course, and then suddenly became swamped at work at the end of the year and didn't have a chance to properly start the classes, and by the time I realized that I was dissatisfied, it was too late. I tried messaging and asking if I could get a partial refund at least but I was told that I couldn't because they offer the 30 day guarantee (fair enough).

The videos are short and easy to understand, but in my opinion not nearly thorough enough. And then they don't give you nearly enough exercises to practice what you have learned.

I feel like I ended up wasting $1300 and now I don't really have the budget to purchase much cheaper courses/books etc that I have been recommended by friends, other beginner coders. I bought this at the very beginning of my journey - it was a bit of an impulse buy because I had no idea where to start in learning how to code, and I thought that this would be a comprehensive program that would teach me the way, and it definitely was not.

If the course was a fraction of the price, I would say it would be worth it, but for this price point, absolutely definitely better stuff out there.

• Perfect Fit
    - 4/10/2019
    Elianne Wilson • Student

I am in the Skillcrush Front End Developer Blueprint and  I have nearly completed my first of four sections.  Most people my age have already had their big careers - I'm late to the game and totally new to tech.  I'm not even sure I LOVE tech, but I know that these are important skills to have and I really enjoy problem solving.  So here I am trying to stay current.  All of that said, before I even signed up for Skillcrush I had taken a few free courses on line to get my feet wet and see if learning to code was something I wanted to put any or more time and effort into. I am so glad I signed up for the Skillcrush course.  It wasn't a huge financial commitment and having been in the course for a month or so now, I can see that it is/was the perfect next step for me.  I think the team at Skillcrush has put together a perfect program for people just like me.  The way they have designed the course is extrememly user friendly.  I feel like they have thought of everything and have anticipated how I might be feeling as a new learner.  That's been the biggest surprise! For a "tech" company, Skillcrush feels very friendly, supportive, natural, easy going and warm, They totally get me! Every next step in the curriculum is challenging but at the same time I feel like they understand how hard it is and so they talk you through the steps and the reasoning.  They break it down into manageable bits and explain things that need explaining.  In short, I feel understood and supported on my new coding journey.  This is all super new for me and I feel a little nervous everytime I start a new section. . . but then that sweet banjo music starts playing and I see Adda in the video and I know I'm going to get through it, step by step.  I am "crushing it" - thanks to you!

• Skillcrush = :)
    - 3/30/2019
    Melissa
    Signing up for Break into Tech was a great decision. The lessons are fun and challenging, yet manageable. The community of students and instructors are supportive and respond quickly. I am learning so much and feel more comfortable and confident with every lesson. I only wish I had done it sooner.
  • Jose Carretero

Learning with Skillcrush is Awesome and comfortable plus the instructors and the whole community is pleasant and very helpful. I'm a 63 yr old men with the desire to retire and work as a freelancer, and I have found just the right place to get my skills sharp and useful, thanks to the team of experts and good people community I will get my dream come alive.

• SIMON XENITELLIS • Student

I have been trying to learn HTML,CSS coding for a long time.It never clicked ! Now, with the guidance of SkillCrush , all the pieces are coming together. They really hand hold you and guide you every step along

the way.No mysterious twists and turns.All is out in the light ! For me ,who is studying alone,it is exactly

what I was looking for ! It really excites me that I am starting to get skills !

• Stacey • Student

Skillcrush is a self-paced online coding camp. The price is very reasonable for all of the materials you receive as a part of the blueprints. I have been working on the lessons for less than a month, and I am very impressed by the knowledge, patience, and presentation of the instructors. I have researched coding camps (both location-based and online) for a couple of years, and Skillcrush exceeds my expectations by far. I am grateful to have found them. The courses are challenging, but doable. The Skillcrush instructors are readily available to answer any questions and concerns you may have. All in all, they are a great choice for someone who is unable to physically attend a coding bootcamp. And the price is a fraction of the cost of other bootcamps.  They offer career counseling, which I have not experienced yet, but based on the courses and instructors, I expect that to be equally as impressive.

• Veronica • Student

I started this course only a few weeks ago and it was exactly what I was looking for. When they say this is for anyone and specifically designed for beginners, they mean it. The curriculum and video lessons are very thought out and fill in all the gaps that I feel a lot of other "beginner" courses lack. You get everything, video lessons, information to read, projects to work on, quizzes, and a community of students and instructors to ask questions to at any time. So far all the instructors have been very helpful and extremely responsive. I would definitely recommend this course and plan on taking more in the future.

I selected N/A for job assistance because I haven't been in the class long enough for this to come up, so I can't really comment on that yet.