skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Perfect for me♥
    - 4/11/2019
    Leslie Kurchyk  User Photo
    Leslie Kurchyk • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I must say, it was hard to find the courage to break into tech if you have studied philology before, but Skillcrush did convince me that the main point here is - motivation, persistence, and belief in yourself. The course is well structured and perfect for those who don't have the whole day for study, for me - I have only 1 hour/ day max. and some free time on the weekend. It is very thoughtful and convenient that if I go for vacation e.g  I can postpone the payment for the time I'm not studying.

Best choice for me!

• Steven • Student

This is my first time taking an online course of any kind and the thought was pretty daunting. However, all the videos, resources and immediate feedback from questions has been incredible so far. It's been fairly easy to learn with the bite sized chunks they give you. And what's great is if you take a break and come back, it's very easy to give yourself a quick refresher since the videos are only about 5mins long. While I'm still in the first phase, I think this course is incredibly worth it. The only downside is the extra software you will have to purchase in order to complete the assignments. But, I think it's better than doing a course at a university in my opinion. Looking forward to learning more about coding and overall web development along with an eventual specialized interest in in UX design.

• Jo Hartenberger • Student

I’ve been a graphic designer for years, but only began to consider the coding side of things because of three priorities:  1) I want to be challenged to learn more and grow in my career(there’s a limit to print design, and it has only a few dimensions!), 2) work from home with my daughter, 3) and make better freaking money!!

I should have done this ages ago and tried other courses like Lynda.com, YouTube tutorials, websites with information... But look guys - there’s a shit ton of info on how to hack sites and create websites, how am I supposed to know what I don’t know and find what I need in what is actually overwhelming not for the technicalities, but because a lot of guys actually veil the knowledge to make it less approachable. Plus, retaining a new language takes practice, projects, quizzing, reiteration, and a whole heck of encouragement when you get stuck!

ENTER SKILLCRUSH. Imagine a course with experts there to guide you to the next thing you need to do, give you the RIGHT way to do things, and then, they go and make it FUN AND BEAUTIFUL!!! Is this too good to be true? Googling things is cool and all, but I personally lose so much steam when I have to sort thru crappy sites and poor information that may not even be right, but how do you know? And I need to get there FASTER! My sweet kiddo is changing every day and I’m missing out big time on all of the fun moments that happen when I’m not there. Efficient, beautiful, fun, and just dern approachable, skillcrush is totally flippin’ awesome. Oh! And guys! They have a whole team or amazing, upbeat, go-getting coaches who are there to help down to the freaking interview process?!?!?!

Im so thankful Adda got fired from her job so that she created this amazing empire of women coders - it’s a cool story you all should check out:) SHE’S a Phoenix!!!

• Ashren • Student
    I've been trying to teach myself coding, but it's a lot harder than I was expecting. I considered attending a bootcamp, but just couldn't afford $15,000 for it. Skillcrush has been amazing with support, feedback, an online community, and the content is great! I love the video explanations, reading for a refresher, then you do some exercises leading up to your project. I've only been enrolled for about a week or so and I really feel like this has been a great investment for myself already! I can't wait to see what else is in store for me!
  • Jana J. • Student

I've been studying Break Into Tech course for about a month. What a thrill! The lessons are very well structured and explained. As a student who previously tried some other tech teaching platforms online I can say that Skillcrush team explains things and makes you understand concepts much better - there was few subjects that just I couldn’t understand completely and just moved on without understanding them. The instructors are very helpful and very dedicated to help students to solve their problems or explain things!

Now Skillcrush has made everything clear and I’m already feeling much more confident about my basic skills than before. And I cannot wait each day to study more and get to learn new things to become full time developer.

Keep it up, dear Skillcrush team! You make studying so exciting and showing how tech life could actually look like. Thank you! :) J.
  • Gina C.

The Break into Tech blueprint is such an amazing program! I am learning so much that I am already applying to real world situations with my current job. I would (and have!) recommended this program to anyone looking to break into the tech industry!

• Skillcrush
    - 9/3/2019
    Eric • Student

I got the break into tech package and it has been nothing short of great so far!  It has a great pace, good community that is quick to help. I recommend it to anyone that has a interest in tech.

- 8/11/2019
    Amber W.

I am currently still in my courses but joining Skillcrush has been the best thing for me. I knew I wanted a career change and I knew I wanted to get into the tech industry. After reading online about various companies I found Skillcrush and knew it was the perfect match for me! I love how I have access to my blueprint forever, the feedback and support you get from instructors, and how the community on slack really help each other!

• EJenn

I agonized over taking the Break Into Tech Blueprint for several weeks before I decided to jump in with both feet, as I had a lot of FEAR and SELF-DOUBT about getting into tech as I did not have a technical background and I really did not think I could learn to code as quickly and easily, but THANKS to Skillcrush that has all changed. I took a chance and started with the FREE bootcamp before I made the investment into the Blueprint courses. I'm glad I took a chance and here’s the reasons why I decided to try Skillcrush and would recommend to anyone wanting to get into the tech industry especially women.

• Course material is easy to learn and to follow along with the instructor – good balance between videos, challenges, tutorials, resources, and quizzes to help in retaining the material.
    • Flexibility to learn at your own pace.
    • Collaboration and support received from the Skillcrush team and the Slack community is very helpful when learning new skills.
    • Reviews and encouragement from the team is positive.
    • Getting a lot of material in the Blueprint packages for the money.
    • Availability of courses whenever you need them – they never go away.

Eventhough, at this point I'm still in the first phase of the courses I feel like I have learned alot of new skills that I can use as a great starting point for the direction that I want to go in the next phase of my new career in the tech industry.

• A life-saver
    - 7/24/2019
    Brandan Lee H. Leroche • Student

In my life I have worn a number of hats, chased the dreams of others, and was never happy. I began my tech journey on a whim a number of years ago, and thought, "hey HTML sounds nice" and so I learned but did not do anything with it. Fast forward a number of years later I was wondering what my next step was going to be as my stomach would not allow me to be a financial planner anymore. Through, a lot of reading I discovered the tech school with a heart, and have never looked back. To me the program structure is straight forward, and the explanations are perfect. The assignments make you think, and allow you to have a personality while doing it. Each day I know I will be challenged, inspired, and work for a long time without realizing it. Skillcrush cares, and honestly it makes all of the difference. If you do not know where to go, or which school to do, look no more - Skillcrush is the answer. You're probably wondering: there is so much to the tech world, where do I begin? Well again, Skillcrush is the answer. In the free camp (everyone do it) you take a quiz that tells you via your strengths this area may be the one for you, and while you are in the camp you get a taste of each area. It is no longer like trying to drink water from a broken pipe; Skillcrush sits you down, offers you a bottle of water, and talks to your strengths, builds up the areas you do not know, and makes you see that if you are going to do something - you might as well do it with some love. Skillcrush saved my life; and it can do the same for you.

• Best school so far
    - 7/19/2019
    Campean Ciprian • Student

I`ve been trying lots of similar IT courses, programming programms or IT academys in the last 6 years, some of them good enough, but what distinguish Skillcrush among them is: the constant preoccupation for the student progress, well organized learning platform, step by step learning process which is very important because it`s easy to finish classes by your own, lots of necessary resources, updated IT technologies - you don`t waste your time in searching and learning what is new in the field, good teachers and at last but not least in my short review, Lifetime acces. It`s worth every penny...

• Mr
    - 7/14/2019
    Odutola Odunaiya

I am enrolled in the BIT Blueprint. Didn't know what to expect to be honest because I do not have a tech background. I am having the best time!!! The lessons are broken down phenomenally and when I get stuck, they have my back and are super with prompt responses. I would recommend them in a heartbeat and you may not be able to tell but I'm stoked to be a Skillcrusher!

• Joseph Cannestra • Student

Skillcrush blueprints are the perfect way for me to pick up new tech skills.

I was enrolled in a online university working toward an associates degree with an emphasis on IT.  After taking several courses, I had basically only learned how to write papers and powerpoints on the subject matter, but had gotten ZERO experience or practice DOING anything.

Skillcrush throws you right into coding from the very beginning.  I learned more skills and had greater understanding (and confidence!) in the first two weeks than I did after taking three 5-week long college courses.  Also, the entire Break Into Tech blueprint was about the same cost as one college course.

I also appreciate that Skillcrush is 100% self-paced.  There are guidelines on how long it should take you to do certain courses, but there are no hard deadlines or due dates.  If life happens, you can take a day off with no remorse or suffering grades.

Skillcrush requires you to have self-disipline and good time-management skills to be successful.

If you are ready to work hard and want to jump straight into immediately learning new skills, there is no better option than Skillcrush!