skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (358) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Tomilynn Rando  User Photo
    Tomilynn Rando • Student Verified via LinkedIn

My experience so far with skillcrush has been a great! Not having any previous experience in web design I have to say it is taking me a little longer than I expected. The lessons however explain everything in great detail and if I am stuck I can generally find an answer on groups or with an instructor who is online when I am doing the lessons and I have found the response to be fairly quick. I have also done some zoom meetings and have found them to be very helpful as well. I am looking forward to the next lesson.

• Heather  User Photo
    Heather Verified via LinkedIn

So far I am really enjoying the skillcrush program! I am doing to the Wordpress Bootcamp which entails the Front-end Developer, Web Design and Wordpress Developer blueprints. The lessons have been fun to learn and just enough information is given to teach you the materials but not overwhelm and freak you out. I am only two weeks in on the Front-end Developer blueprint which is all the basics of building a website. There are many resources for you to use as you go through each lesson including your class group, which is really helpful! My only suggestion as of now that would make it better is for during the practice in each lesson. It doesn't tell you if your code is right or wrong and it is a little difficult to know if your doing it the right or most concise way. All in all, I am enjoying my time so far and cannot wait for more!

•  Andreas Markou  User Photo
    Andreas Markou • Software support consultant • Student Verified via LinkedIn

The best learning experience I have come across. Skillcrush is welcoming from the very first contact and does everything possible to make the learning experience fit the individual. There is no-pressure with the 'try it and see' experience via the Introductory Bootcamps to help you decide if it is for you. There is ongoing flexibility for choosing, changing or adding learning modules. There is always a quick human response to requests for help with any issue or question.

The module content is authoritative and well organised, just the right amount & depth for initial understanding and practice of concepts, with plenty of links to etxra resources when you want more. They style of audio visual and written material is upbeat, positive and engaging. At the end of each week it's impressive to see how much has actually been covered.

All perspectives of professional web work are covered: - design .v. development, creative .v. technical, choosing the necessary software tools, establishing your credentials via portfolio and resume preparation. Course delivery is by a great team of people with real world experience and knowledge. An extended network of Skillcrush associates provide additional free 'Master Classes' on a wide range of professional workplace topics.

• 30s-Career changer
    - 1/21/2021
    Rachael • career changer (healthcare>tech) • Student
    I enrolled in the Break Into Tech package on Cyber Monday which included courses from the entire site. As a career changer from healthcare and soon to be tech, I cannot speak highly enough of the cost of value to skills learned/services provided. Thus far I have completed the Web Design course, UX Research course, and am working on the UX Information Architecture course with a goal of becoming a user experience researcher in a few months. The skills are introduced in bite-sized amounts, the instructors provide thorough and timely feedback, the career transition and support services that I have used so far appear to be robust. I feel supported and coached throughout this journey.
  • Break Into Tech
    - 1/12/2021
    Keegan Dayle • Student
    I've just finished the first course within the Break Into Tech, Front End Developer fast track and already I've learned so much. Great, easy to digest modules that allow you to learn both visually and kinetically via videos, text, and trial challenges. So excited to continue the course and see all the doors this course opens for me.
  • HTML / CSS course
    - 1/12/2021
    Sean Brown • Graphic Artist / Manager • Student
    I loved this course.  A lot of useful information was presented.  I loved learning how to take the information in a photoshop document, and apply it to an html website from scratch!  I also learned a lot of great functions to use in my code and I had a guiding hand the whole way.  I loved being able to email the instructors and get feedback in less than 24 hrs.  And they wouldn't just give me the answer, they would explain what area I should look closer in my code, and had me fix my own mistakes.  I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to get a start toward front end development.
  • Denise • Student
    I'm a few weeks into my Skillcrush experience and I'm LOVING it so far. I've come so much farther in the last few weeks than I would have thought possible and I give the Skillcrush structure, curriculum, and the projects we are working on a lot of the credit for that. I love problem-solving, which is probably why I've fallen head over heels for coding, and the curriculum gives you a lot of information as well as a lot of practical exercises that allow you to really think through and apply what you've learned.

I haven't been to a live boot camp but I can say that as a (MUCH) lower-cost alternative, so I'm very pleased. I've taken advantage of my first career counseling and have a once-monthly meeting set in my calendar to ensure that I'm using all of the resources available to me to reach my end goal of getting my dream tech job.

The Teachers Assistants seem to be knowledgeable, super friendly, and helpful, and they, as well as the Skillcrusher community on Slack, are awesome! I don't have to feel like I'm in a silo doing this alone.

I have found that I enjoy supplementing Skillcrush classes with other courses that I'd previously purchased on Udemy but it's not required. I just like different teaching styles and am looking to be extremely well rounded (and therefore highly marketable) as a developer. So far, I'm feeling GREAT about my choice.
  • Great Community
    - 1/11/2021
    Susan • Student
    I am working my way through the break into tech blueprint. I like the structure of the courses so far. They are broken down into bitesized chunks so I feel like I can learn the material without getting overwhelmed. I don't have a background in tech so I need a solid foundation and I think this provides that. I would say this is great for beginners and career changers (me), which seems to be their target.

My favorite aspect so far has been the community and access to instructors. I have emailed many times for help when I get stuck on project and I have always gotten timely and helpful responses. The slack community has also been an amazing resource for technical help, suggestions, moral support etc.

I haven't used too much of the job assistance aspect yet, but they have two entire sections devoted to that (one for freelancers and one for people looking for jobs at companies) as well as career counseling sessions both individual and group.

It's also great if you aren't sure about your career path and want to try it out rather than some of the pricier bootcamps that require you to go at a rigid set pace. I researched and talked to a lot of bootcamps and schools before deciding what was the right fit for me. Overall I would say Skillcrush takes something that can seem intimidating and make it fun and easy to learn at whatever pace you want to go at.
  • Lorraine Wyndham • Student
    I already have good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS, but I was lacking some career direction and help with regards to building a portfolio.  I stumbled across Skillcrush, and was impressed with all of the additional assistance they provide students.  For that reason, I signed up for the Break into Tech course, and they have not disappointed.  The career counselling and additional help they provide is extremely helpful and very valuable to me.  The courses are also very good, and they explain everything simply and in great detail.
  • Tech Buffet
    - 1/9/2021
    L C • Student
    I went into Skillcrush Break Into Tech course thinking I would be a web developer, but now that I've made it through a few courses, and took a peek inside others, I really believe that I'll be a digital marketer who can also build websites. I love that their courses allow you to truly learn and discover what you are most interested in and where your skills can really blossom.

The courses are thorough and empowering and I love that help is just a message away. Everyone I talk to on the platform is enthusiastic and helpful, and I just can't help but feel like learning tech (even for a complete newbie) is actually fun!

Yes, you can learn tech for a lot cheaper elsewhere. you can even piece together YouTube videos and blogs to find the info for free, but there is absolutely no substitution in my book for the helpful and knowledgeable staff and their accessible approach to learning some otherwise seemingly hairy scary topics.
    - 1/9/2021
    Naima Fleming • Student
    The UX Design Blueprint course has been an invaluable experience. Each module is explained clearly, and the instructors are available to provide assistance whether I have a question, or if a critique is needed. Although I have not completed the course as of yet, I’m confident that I will be able to utilize my new skills for my own projects, as well as for career growth.